Orson Welles: “I think everybody should be bigoted”

>OW: Spencer Tracy is one of those bitchy Irishmen.

>HJ: One of those what?

>OW: One of those bitchy Irishmen.

>HJ: I can't believe you said that.

>OW: I'm a racist, you know. Here's the Hungarian recipe for making an omelet. First, steal two eggs. [Alexander] Korda told me that.

>HJ: But you liked Korda.

>OW: I love Hungarians to the point of sex! I almost get a hard-on when I hear a Hungarian accent, I'm so crazy about them.

>HJ: I don't understand why you're saying that about the Irish.

>OW: I know them; you don't. They hate themselves. I lived for years in Ireland. The majority of intelligent Irishmen dislike Irishmen, and they're right.

>HJ: All these groups dislike themselves. Jews dislike themselves.

>OW: Nothing like Irishmen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fVjlpGPxDFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>HJ: That doesn't make them right, Orson, and you know that. And I don't accept this prejudice from you. I know that you don't really have it.

>OW: I do have it. I do have it. Particularly against Irish-Americans. I much prefer Irishmen from Ireland. If I have to have an Irishman, I'll take one of those. And Irishmen in England are quite good. All the great Irish writers mostly left and went to England, except for [George William] Russell and [William Butler] Yeats. Yeats makes me shiver. But when I look at Tracy, I see that everything that's hateful about him is Irish. Everything that's mean. Every Irishman will tell you that. Seven hundred years of bitter oppression changed their character, gave them that passive meanness and cunning. All I can say is what Micheál Mac Liammóir said when we were making Othello, and I asked him, "Describe the Irish in one word." He said, "Malice." Look, I love Ireland, I love Irish literature, I love everything they do, you know. But the Irish-Americans have invented an imitation Ireland which is unspeakable. The wearin' o' the green. Oh, my God, to vomit!

>HJ: That's boring and silly, and—

>OW: No, it's to vomit. Not boring and silly. Don't argue with me. You're such a liberal! Of course there's no proof. It's the way I feel! You don't want me to feel that, but I do! I think everybody should be bigoted. I don't think you're human if you don't acknowledge some prejudice.

Who was in the wrong here? Orson? The interviewer? The irishmen?

>Particularly against Irish-Americans. I much prefer Irishmen from Ireland. If I have to have an Irishman, I'll take one of those.

as an irish-american from boston he's absolutely right. half the douchebags that claim irish ancestry around here when in reality they can't actually trace any family members back to ireland. they're called plastic paddies and I was lumped in with them when I talked to people in norn iron

This is all dead-on accurate. The United Kingdom ruined Ireland and the Irish people. And there is nothing worse in the world than plastic paddies. It's a collective sense of "I'm pathetic and miserable, and I could have been great. And it's because of you that I'm this way". It's apathetic, passive rage. This video is a perfect example of it:

youtube.com/watch?v=fVjlpGPxDFQ

Orson Welles is literally /ourguy/.

>cut ties with alcoholic father
>regret it later in life
Literally me

>An Englishman has to be quiet when an Irishman talks!
yikes! I try not to be a bitter and resentful paddy so if this gets worse I'll not be able to watch it

Holy fucking shit!

He's especially right about the passive meanness and cunning, us Scottish are like that too and it comes from a place of despair. Bitter fucks all of us

Oh fuck he's doing it again :(

Don't quite your day job Orson

>>OW: I'm a racist, you know. Here's the Hungarian recipe for making an omelet. First, steal two eggs. [Alexander] Korda told me that.
I'm going to use that

wtf I love war now

Top fucking kek

As an intelligent Irishman I hate Irishmen

Me too
Fuck you paddy, I'm a good house nigga. Mmmmmmmmm yes mista Englishman give me ur cummies oh ohhhhhh yes I love the uk mmmmmmm fucking fuck me with your anglo rod baby oh yeah uhhhhhhhh oooooooh so strong and stable yummy yummy

Welles is overselling it, yes many Irish hold poor impression s of themselves and are extremely scornful towards each other in private but you think we would project that to outsiders, especially americans?

[...] cuck[...] - Orson Welles

fucking kek

lmao

why are people so triggered by Americans wearing a green shirt and drinking Guinness one day a year?

Be sure to add the "Korda told me that." part. It's like "Caspere knew this."

>intelligent Irishman
>loudmouth drunk
Pick one

It's a great test of character. A true Irishman would laugh along with you, but an American would whinge about being mocked.

>Here's the Hungarian recipe for making an omelet. First, steal two eggs.
I thought this was the Romanian recipe

Because Guinness brewed in North America tastes fucking disgusting and it should be boycotted

It has nothing really to do with St Patrick's day, except it's been exported from America to everywhere, including Ireland.

This was his character in The Third Man not Orson himself dum dum

cultural appropriation

nice try bozgor

don't lie on the internet! The Irish are embarrassed and dismissive of the American tradition of "St. Patty's Day"

Literally everyone hates "Irish"-Americans. There are more supposed Irish-Americans than Irish-Irishmen.
And I don't know anyone who hates them more than Irish people from Ireland.
>"Oh hey, I'm totally Irish! St Paddy's and leprechauns and all that! Yeah, like my great great grandad visited Dublin once"

>parents are both off the boat(not literally) Irish
>28 year old drunk piece of shit with half an accent that wishes he was dead every day

Yeah he's about right fuck the Irish

Dismissive is right, we don't give a fuck. It's more second hand embarrassment for the poor fools who think they're Irish because their grandfather once saw a clover.

I get the point he's trying to make but the cuckoo clock isn't really equivalent to the Renaissance.

no, I don't think you do get the point

>posts pic where they stole land
nice argument gypsy

>stole
*reconquered

Im glad people claiming to be Native Americans because they have a drop of Cherokee in them never took off as much as the faux Irish

It always amazes me just how many empires crumbled around the world within a couple of years because of WWI.

Hungary is not a nation, they are confused Romanians

>if this war goes ahead it will be the end of both our empires
- the German ambassador to Russia to the Russian foreign minister before WWI

fucking based

le based movie director xD

#MAGA

le triggered redditor xD

le doubles xd

hhehe le shitpoost

Cuckoo clock is actually German...

SHUT THE FUCK UP, RETARDS.

That HJ cuck faggot sounds triggered as fuck by a simple joke comment.

>le mass replie
le redit amie is here!!!11!!!!1! *raises spork*

>the cuckoo clock isn't really equivalent to the Renaissance
That's the point, you fucking idiot.

>OW: No, it's to vomit. Not boring and silly. Don't argue with me. You're such a liberal! Of course there's no proof. It's the way I feel! You don't want me to feel that, but I do! I think everybody should be bigoted. I don't think you're human if you don't acknowledge some prejudice.
HE TELLS IT LIKE IT IS. BRAVE!
/OURGUY/

That's H. Jon Benjamin, you pleb.

I thought it was the nigger recipe.

Henry Jaglom fucking sucks at directing film, he's only famous for being Orson Welles's puppet and paying his expensive dinners

Who gives a shit.

liberals are faggots

Orson was 100% right about everything.

>Oh, my God, to vomit!
I'm going to steal this.

There are more Irish people in the US than in Ireland.

There are more German people in the US than in Germany.

Rita Hayworth cucked him hard, so yes, orson was in fact a cuck.

>And I don't accept this prejudice from you. I know that you don't really have it.

fucking liberals

>of course there's no proof. it's the way i feel!
Feelz > Reelz

Mwaaah the Irishmen have always been known for their vomitness

It is unknown who invented it and where the first one was made. It is thought that much of its development and evolution was made in the Black Forest area in southwestern Germany.

Switzerland is a possible location as well.

I do cuck.

Irish here, from Ireland. He's absolutely right.

Fun fact: Americans created the term "white" to pretend they're ethnically pure and not disgusting mutt products of mixing between disgusting races like the whops and the irish and the gyps.

Sounds like black people

>You're such a liberal! Of course there's no proof. It's the way I feel!
Times have changed, Orson.

I'm dying

>Fun fact: Americans created the term "white" to pretend they're ethnically pure and not disgusting mutt products of mixing between disgusting races like the whops and the irish and the gyps.
So, finally one good example of race being a social construct

possibly didn't even invent the cuckoo clock could switzerland be any more BTFO

Well clearly they may have been a black inventor who's identity been removed from his'tory.

>as an irish-american from boston
> I was lumped in with them
That's because you ARE them you fucking imbecile, no one could give a shit whether or not your great grandparents came from Ireland or not, YOU are a fucking american and obviously as obnoxious and stupid as the rest, you aren't any sort of Irish anything. This is exactly what Welles is talking about and if you belaboured some Irishman with your family tree and he nodded and smiled he was fucking humouring you. Keep your fucking rank green piss-beer and fuck off.

on woody allen

>O.W.: Measure them. Measure them!
I never could stand looking at Bette Davis, so I don’t want to see her act, you see. I hate Woody Allen physically, I dislike that kind of man.

>H.J.: I’ve never understood why. Have you met him?

>O.W.: Oh, yes. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge.

>H.J.: He’s not arrogant; he’s shy.

>O.W.: He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

i hate that he's right

>You're such a liberal! Of course there's no proof. It's the way I feel!
Kek, this is some proto-Sup Forums shit.

>i feel this
>no you don't
>you can't prove that, it's just how i feel

Irish here from ireland aswell. Orson is absolutely right not just about the american irish but natives. We hate each other, 800 years changed us in ways i dont even know

Does anyone have that quote from him about guerrilla filmmaking

>I am a gorilla filmmaker

>It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest
Yeah...ok

He was a big guy.

aaahhaah yess the frensh champagn

>Colored niggers

so you don't get the point then

>Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation.
>a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups.

FUCK YOU ORSON

>O.W.: He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups
Literally me

his body had to expand to contain his genius

>I know them; you don't. They hate themselves.
Being Irish myself, I can't say he's wrong.

Maybe in respects to yourself.

>Action Orson, please.

The comparison has been made for centuries.

You retards do understand that this is what a character he plays in a movie said right?

>Rita Hayworth cucked him hard

She cucked Orson with her father. Whole time they were married she was fucking her father in Orson's bed whenever he was away.

Irish people did have sex with black people at very high rates as compared to other ethnicities. Ever notice how there are a ton of black people with Irish and Scottish names, but almost never Italian? That's partly because some slave owners were Celtic but it's also because of the reason I gave. Italians have been 100x more distrusting of black people.