What happened to your old local Blockbuster Video?

What happened to your old local Blockbuster Video?

it turned into a fukn gym

IT BECAME A TD BANK

TD STANDS FOR TORONTO DOMINION

ITS A CANADIAN BASED BANK WITH BRANCH LOCATIONS OPERATING IN THE UNITED STATES

It turned into a pizza place. Our old Hollywood Video is now a Bed Bath & Beyond-ish type of place.

Domino's and a coffee shop

was a small one, became a post office

Medical clinic

Chruch/Pokestop

it turned into a natural pet food store.

One of those stupid group fitness centers

It became a baby shop

Its vacant, along with just about every shopping center nearby.

Turned into a Your Pie. Basically Subway for pizzas.

turned into a kids trampoline thing

It became a Five Guys.

Pharmacy.

Funny enough, the first video store to appear in my area (an independent one) is still around. Changed to a Movie Gallery in the early 2000s and went back to its old name once Movie Gallery went bankrupt. Only change is that it's now a pet store - which I suppose is probably part of the reason it's still alive.

*also* a pet store

Turned into a yoga studio

I cry evrytiem

Autozone

mine is also now a pet food store. really gets those neurons firing

it's a subway now

Hardee's

Reminder that five guys is shit.

Dialysis clinic

Suddenlink store, tv/phone/internet service provider in my area if you're not familiar.

what did the post office become?

Tim Hortins and a women's gym

Dollar Tree. On another note all the Family Video stores are still open for some reason

>a fucking leaf
your PM was in my country today

beer distributor

verizon wireless

AT&T Store

Another one in my area was taken over by the adjacent grocery. Pic related is streetview from 2007, apparently Google doesn't update parking lots too frequently.

Dollar Store

POST MORE PICS OF YOUR OLD STORES

Quinpool Road wow there is another one here.

Treasure that image. It's a window into a simpler time....

I agree. I went in and it was empty. There were 8 black kids behind talking behind the counter. The theme song from the Jeffersons' was playing. One of them came up and asked "Yeah, wutchu want?" Then I ate alone in the restaurant while they seemed to talk about me. It was really fucking awkward, I would not recommend it.

Nothing. It's been shutdown for a couple of years now, and it sits between in the middle of a plaza with small stores(eyecare, beauty stuff, fedex etc...)

>Your Pie. Basically Subway for pizzas.
Never heard of this. Sounds very hit or miss.
Mine turned into a Japanese restaurant.
Was vacant,but my small two traffic signal (they got turned off after son down) town had an insane population explosion.
Not only do we have traffic,but we have enough people that there is now a midget in my once small town.
I've been midged I tell ya.

Pizza place

>mfw it became a DMV

Mine turned into an Advance Auto Parts

>My old Blockbuster.
Seems to be a lot of pizza places that filled the old buildings.

1/3 of the space is an independent coffee shop. The rest is available for lease.

This was the one closest to my house. Now it's a fucking Leslie's Pool Supply.

Do they push all those crappy cop+dog and other pet themed movies?

It turned into an electronics store, that eventually closed down because it failed. I don't know what's there right now, probably just the abandoned, closed electronics shop.
When I was a kid and a teen I honestly always wanted to get a job in a video store. Now video stores literally don't exist anymore. Fuck this.

Became a Baskin Robbins

>tfw wanted to do the JUST joke but it already was in the filename

Mattress store. I loved Blockbuster when I was younger too. I'd get a movie/game and one of those willy wonka candy bars

Buffalo Wild Wings now. Overrated as fuck

>ywn chat with that cool nerdy dude or chick that works there and recommends you movies
>ywn browse a videostore with your crush before you walk back to your place at night to watch the movie together
>ywn buy MnM's at the Blockbuster counter
>ywn feel the cool autumn breeze on your hair as you walk back to the Blockbuster a few days later to return the movie you rented and maybe rent a new one
>ywn read the plot summary of new movies on a Blockbuster catalog leaflet

I did, and it sucked. Popular movies were often out, kino would only have one copy, which was often mysteriously out. 13 yr old me asked the lady behind the counter for "that Mel Brooks movie with the Hitler play" and the dumb cunt kept asking me if it was American History X". Dvds were often scratched and unwatchable 1/3 of the way in.
There's a plethora of reasons why BB was shit and failed.

One got turned into a Subway, and another a furniture store

We never had one, there was an independent store that's now a cafe

A few years ago the former owner served me at a McDonalds drive-thru, I felt so bad for him

Mattress store which according to Yelp has closed, but I swear it is still there.

probably one of those stores that has a perpetual "going out of business" sale.

Mine was the only thing in a VERY dead shopping center
It's still empty

Its one of those tanning places

it turned into a Sneed's Feed and Seed

SPORTCLIPS where REAL MEN go to get HAIRCUTS and watch SPORTS in a TOTALLY MANLY way (SUPERCUTS is for FAGS)

It's now a Jimmy Johns

Liar. It would have been Chuck's before being Sneed's

This. I went to Head Start and some guy came up to me like I was gonna let him buzz and trim my hair. I called him a fag for touching my head and I almost beat the fuck out of him. Sports Clips only hires women so I only go there now fuck other places there for fags and women.

some hobos live in it and do meth there. and the only reason that people would go near there now is because it's next to the taco belle which is still OG

>Watch football instead of talking to women

How gay can you be?

This. Football fans are literal faggots.
>watching sweaty muscular men in shorts running after a ball

Still just an empty lot. Like pottery.

Nothing. It's an abandoned building with a hobo encampment up against one side of it.

There's something I don't get, I read that there are still Blockbusters in places like Alaska. But where do they get the movies from? And I thought the company didn't exist anymore, how do these shops still have the Blockbuster name and sign?

is that an establishment in which you can buy babies?

same.

Firehouse Subs

Who is going to sue them?

it's just a building now, I have no idea what is inside.

panda express now

it became a domino's

When a company literally goes out of business (not bankruptcy), there isn't anyone left to stop you from using the copyright unless it's been bought out - and in some cases (I used to work for GameWorks/Jillian's back in the day, if anyone is familiar), certain property owners and franchisees are still entitled to operating under their business name in terms of their contract.

Jillian's was once owned by both Dave & Buster's, and partially the holdings company that bought GameWorks from SEGA, because of how operating companies are broken apart in these kinds of deals.

Anyways, my old Blockbuster is half of a dentist's office, and half of a dance studio.

I see, it makes sense.
I checked the blockbuster site and it seems some other company bought blockbuster and it's trying to turn it into a poor man's netflix or something, but it also lists the few remaining locations of blockbusters in the US.

Think its either a pet store or a resteraunt

The only blockbusters I knew of was beside a cemetery... maybe that was a sign

One is a Chase bank and the other one was split into two spaces as a Yogurtland and a karaoke place.

Mine still has the Blockbuster sign... but it sells tvs, beds and whatnot now.

liquor store. Upgrade

Planet Fitness

Ironically next to Pizza Hut

its a hardware store now

turned ot an URGENT MD

It become a rehab gym with a small swimming pool.
the other one became a office space for a tax adviser

mine's a chase bank

It became a locksmith's shop that sells keys and locks, called Lockbuster. Ok not really.

Matress store (Sleep Country). Who else /kits/ here?

kek

Still an empty office building as it has been for what seems like ten years now, sometimes I park there when relatives come over so I can watch my shows in peace.

mine got split into a five guys and laundromat

Mine turned into a Jimmy Hula's.

Genuine improvement desu their burgers are dank

They turned it into a recreational pot store

based