Glengarry Glen Ross - need more like this

I can't get enough of this movie. I need more stuff that is packed with 10/10 acting and dialogue.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b8fok7I4Xxk
youtube.com/watch?v=HgnDmBWL8RE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Blow Out
Enemy

Gtfo underageb&

Just watch anything written by mamet.

Boiler Room

the memes are weak

I've seen this movie many times and I never get bored of it.
See Mystic River as well.

Test

youtube.com/watch?v=b8fok7I4Xxk

12 Angry Men
Rope

Mystic River is kind of dogshit to be quite honest

One of the greatest movies ever. I haven't found anything like it,

The memes are weak? The fuckin' memes are weak? YOU'RE weak. I've been baneposting FIFTEEN YEARS.
>What's your name?
FOR YOU! THAT'S my name!

Big guy? I don't give a shit. Cunnyposter? FUCK YOU, go home and play with your kids.

Ok like you I saw it on netflix and watched.

At risk of coming off as a pleb, this movie was dumb. I'm pretty sure people only like it because of the twist and sure the acting is good but what is the point. There isn't a point. I didn't feel bad for the dude who stole the stuff and I don't really think real estate or sales for that matter is interesting. Seemed like it should have been a Broadway play.

he was just bluffing on that scene
>alec says that he's such a good closer that he can arrive at one of his clients' house in the middle of the night and sell them a real state property.
>next scene jack lemmon proceeds to try it and it doesn't work

It was a play you blithering idiot.

>Seemed like it should have been a Broadway play.
Haha you bastard.

is this bait?

>Cunnyposter? FUCK YOU, go home and play with your kids.
Every time

>Seemed like it should have been a Broadway play

>Ok like you I saw it on netflix and watched.

I've been watching this movie since i was 12 and didn't understand it. I've seen it about 30 times since then and it never gets old. I don't even have a netflix account so fuck off.

>There isn't a point.

Want to know how I know you're a fucking child? You think every movie has to have some kind of point to be good. Also, there is a point.

t. Faggot NEET who has never done actual sales.

oh you ;)

>that the entire 2 hours of the film is about real estate salesman selling real estate is in the first line of the Netflix description
>I don't really think real estate or sales for that matter is interesting

The Color of Money, doesn't get mentioned enough in Scorsese threads.

They're scam artists. They cold call people and sell them swampland in florida. Its nigerian e mail scams before we had the internet.

>DIrected by Scorsese starring Paul Newman & Tom Cruise

I've never heard of this before and I was born in the 80's, I'm so ashamed, will watch this tonight

Get mad, faggot. I don't scam people.

>never seen color of money

my dude...

i was going to post that. great film

Neither does Bringing Out the Dead.

This is now a Scorsese thread.

I just hate the in world drug, seems kinda tacky

whats tom cruise hairstyle here called?

Is the rest of the film as good as the monologue? I like that part, does it sell the film accurately or is it a highlight?

the boiler room

BOTD is a weak retread of Taxi Driver

GGR is the GOAT pacino performance for me
easily one of my fav films

Anyone have the full text of this?

Frost/Nixon is the perfect choice for you, the dialogue in this is phenomenal and gripping

The bling ring

Fuck off

Seconding
and of course The Hustler
and adding:
All About Eve (1950)
Chinatown (1974)
Raging Bull (1980)
Days of Wine and Roses (1962)
The China Syndrome (1979)
The Ice Storm (1997)
A Man for All Seasons (1966)
Devil in a Blue Dress (1995)
Magnolia (1999)

>Is the rest of the film as good as the monologue?
Yes. Jesus christ yes.

The whole thing is great. Having seen the film a number of times I still love Baldwins monologue but there's probably at least 3 or 4 better scenes than that.

Jack Lemmon steals the movie

Rounders

youtube.com/watch?v=HgnDmBWL8RE

Wall Street
Network
Broadcast News

i started to watch this film on Netflix and I liked Alec Baldwin's character but I had to stop watching because Jack Lemmon's acting was so bad...

fucking kek, have never seen this and love GGR

there are actually a lot of other scenes that are much stronger, but Baldwin's happens to be the most memorable

it's also the only part Mamet wrote specifically for the movie that wasnt in the original play. which is ironic because it ended up transcending the film and entering pop culture

like the other user i've seen this movie at least 20 times. the cadence between the actors is perfect, i love the scenes with Ed Harris and Alan Arkin

can someone explain to me why this movie is good. i couldnt figure out the fanfare

why are all salesmen movies depressing, like death of a salesman

the fucked up part that i didnt really notice until repeat viewings is that Spacey's character was 100% fucking with Shelly from the get-go, purposely giving him leads he knew were worse than even the standard shitty leads

even the scene where he's going to sell Shelly the premium leads he has zero intention of ever doing . he just keeps pushing the stakes to make Shelly squirm and see how desperate he is

>Jack Lemmon's acting was so bad

it was literally the best performance in the entire film

it actually started to convince me that Bryan Cranston just ripped his mannerisms from this movie for his role in breaking bad

>Boiler Room

because it's a depressing job

DUDE SALES LMAO
ACRONYMS N SHIEET
BUZZWORDS!
AYO, COMMISSION N SHIEEET
CHECK OUT MY ROLEX AND BMW YOU CAN BE LIKE ME IF YOU MEME HARD
HIGH PRESSURE SALES TACTICS DUDE BRAH, ALWAYS BE MEMING, ABM, BIG GUY FOR U
Reddit the fucking flick, as evidenced by all the dick suckers in this thread.

the young stiller

Quit watching movies and go to more plays. Movies have shit writing and don't require good actors because they can reshoot everything if they need to.

Is this some kind of joke?

Sales and marketing have just been prostitution until they recently started studying them more closely as fields of social science.

It's depressing to have to go around wanking clients before getting on your knees in front of them and begging for the money shot.

Alec Baldwin gets so litty in this role

Liked The Edge quite a bit - Sir Anthony Hopkins vs. Best Baldwin is god-tier

This is the only scene that I've ever watched from this film but it's the best scene that I've ever seen from any movie and 3 years ago it changed my life

reddit

>Mr Glengarry Glen Ross, I am real estate

Scent of a Woman is my favorite Pacino.

Fences was great. It also stayed very true to the feel of a play. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Sounds like you can't close shit pal.

You can do that with any movie though. You're just naming things that are in the movie and typing them in all caps like a retard.

Also, the things you're typing are pretty specific. Not dull stereotypes or cliches. Probably means it's a good movie. Hence why someone would be seeking for something similar and having trouble finding it.

Boy you're a fucking dumbass.

>it actually started to convince me that Bryan Cranston just ripped his mannerisms from this movie for his role in breaking bad

Fucking hell m8, you may be onto something there. But yeah, I first watched this movie for Pacino. But Lemmon definitely steals the show.

Wow Sup Forums, surprised no one has said Sexy Beast

hey

PUT THAT PEPE DOWN. Pepe's for closers only.
You think I'm fucking with you? I am not fucking with you.I'm here from /s4s/. I'm here from Sup Forums. And I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's user? You call yourself a shitposter you son of a bitch?
>I don't gotta sit here and listen to this shit.
You certainly don't pal, 'cause the good news is - you're banned. Oh? Have I got your attention now? Good. Cause we're adding a little something to this month's shitposting contest. As you all know first prize is a year's worth of Brendan Fraser's alimony. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of Sup Forums gold passes. Third prize is you're banned. Get the picture? You laughing now? You got memes. You can't close the memes you're given you can't close shit. You ARE shit. Hit the bricks, pal, and beat it 'cause you are going OUT.
>The memes are weak!
The memes are weak? The fuckin' memes are weak? YOU'RE weak. I've been baneposting FIFTEEN YEARS.
>What's your name?
FOR YOU! THAT'S my name!

Big Guy? I don't give a shit. Cuck poster? FUCK YOU! Go home and play with your wife's kids. You hear me, you fucking faggots?