Why do I get the feeling that Aang, even in his child form, would kick Korra's arse six ways from Sunday?

Why do I get the feeling that Aang, even in his child form, would kick Korra's arse six ways from Sunday?

Remember that episode where Aang fought Zhao, and beat him because he was arrogant and only had raw power and no skill or technique?

His body utilizes testosterone more efficiently?

He did have like 10,000 years more Avatar XP in his reservoir.

>Why do I get the feeling that Aang, even in his child form, would kick Korra's arse six ways from Sunday?

Because the writing had it so Korra had to lose to move the plot along until the 11th hour when they had to have her win to move the plot along further.

>Implying Korra wouldn't ravage Aang's boipussy on sight

Are you new?

Korra didn't even really win. She beat Amon via ringout/his own stupidity/asspull, Unavaatu was defeated by Dues Ex Jinora, Zaheer was beaten by Jinora and the Air Benders. I honestly don't remember how Kuvira was beaten.

Aang has shown to have more control over the avatar state, and seems to utilize it's power more efficiently at such a young age. That's just my observation. If i was betting money i would bet on Aang though, the way he displayed his powers in the final fight against Ozai was pretty brutal, then again there was some enhanced fire bending going on there.

>caring enough about this to start a thread
>go back to livejournal, deadjournal, or diaryland

>I honestly don't remember how Kuvira was beaten

Something something energybending you're a beautiful womyn

That's because Korra was written to implode. If I set out to create a worse person I don't think I could do it. It's like they envisioned a complete inversion of every character progression plot that ever was.
"What we'll do is....nothing. We'll make this really flawed character and just let it mold man. People will keep watching thinking that it'll get better but it won't. Nothing will ever be learned and Korra will always job. Most powerful bender trained for 15 years to master all the power in the world....will lose every. single. time."

I did say "had to have her win" not "and then she won through her own direct efforts."

Technically by helping others she helped herself achieve those victories.

By asking Mako to stay with Asami Mako therefore dumps Asami and goes with Korra so they take on Amon and Amon's stupidity and own hubris undo him.

Tenzin was learning along with her and so they go back in to save Jinora who saves them back (even though she shouldn't have needed to do that but bad writing.)

Then by helping the airbenders and all they help back against Zaheer and his stupidity.

Kuvira was beaten by her parental issues and because Korra could channel Kuvira's trump card.

Also this guy is rightI feel ashamed.

That's also the case for Aang, tho.

They're the same person, especially in the Avatar State.

You people are delusional.

Because your autistic? Korra was a much better fighter than Aang.

>Used his skills to have Zhao defeat himself in the episode with Jeong Jeong.
>Fought a volcano and won.
>Was actually taking down Fire Nation ships on his own.
>Used his spiritual connection and past lives that were still a thing, and not GONE like in Korra, to bond with the Ocean Spirit and with the Avatar spirit were able to destroy the armada.
>Despite being hungry, tired, and without sleep, stood against Azula.
>Despite having boulders chunked at him and being tired from trying to cut through metal, stood against and defeated Azula.
>Easily corralled the escaped animals that he let loose using earthbending (his weakest element.)
>Lost Ba Sing Se and died but didn't lose the past lives. I mean, why would he?
>Didn't spend two years feeling sorry for himself.
>Proved himself in front of a dragon.
>Could have killed Ozai at any time but struggled with the moral dilemma that comes up as a result of his character.

No. No, it was not also the case for Aang.

wow. what's it like in your world? is it all wobbly-like with strange colors and not right smells?
do you frequently have the feeling that other people are speaking a slightly different language and you can't keep up with them? these are all symptoms of cobalt poisoning, which shares many of the same conditions of the terminally fucking stupid.

Because she charges in like a bull and he's pretty squirrely in fights.

>Could have killed Ozai at any time but struggled with the moral dilemma that comes up as a result of his character.
The moral dilemma that was magicked away by an asspull. He then defeats Ozai with the Avatar State he was born with instead of anything he actually learned or facing any kimd of challenge at all.

Aang was not terribly skilled as a fighter without the Avatar State and had a lot of trouble against anyone with any real skill. Zhao doesn't really count, as his master believed him to be a disgrace and he got bested by Zuko, a child, who was shown to be nowhere near as good a firebender as her family members until the show's finale.

Going toe-to-toe with a Ozai powered up Ozai without the use of avatar state for the first part of the fight was impressive.

Zuko was still a high tier firebender before he trained with the Sun Warriors.

>Could have killed Ozai

Korra could not have done the same to any of her bosses of the season.
Aang was operating on his own and then exerted his control of the Avatar state to hold the killing blow back.

Technically, Korra was stronger than Aang in terms of martial ability. This is completely irrelevant because their relative accomplishments within the same span of time is absurdly tilted in favor of Aang. What Korra spent her entire life being tutored in safety to accomplish, Aang had to struggle and improvise over a very short period of time, and honestly in terms of time-effort relative to effectiveness Aang was still better.

This is because spirituality is actually relevant to being the Avatar and just being good at the physical aspect of things is crippling overspecialization when it's the spiritual bit that lets you tap phenomenal cosmic power at-will.

Korra was the biggest failure of an Avatar since the last Water Tribe Avatar or maybe Roku, and the Avatar itself will be worse off for her fuck-ups.

>was not terribly skilled as a fighter without the Avatar State and had a lot of trouble against anyone with any real skill
Without looking it up, tell me. How many times did Aang use the Avatar State in the series?

It took Roku 11 years to master 3 elements
It took Aang 3 seasons (Winter, Spring, and Summer) to get close to mastering 2 elements
It took Korra 12 years to master 3 elements and it's implied that she just brute-forced her way through it with her raw power.

Kid-Aang would win because Korra is a hot-head, it'd be a repeat of his fight with Zhao.

>and just being good at the physical aspect of things is crippling overspecialization

The spiritual part is needed for the Avatar State. Which is why the homicidal maniac out for personal gain and glory that is Unalaq could use his spirituality to better connect with Vaatu.

But in regular non-Avatar state bending it shouldn't be necessary otherwise all the other benders who weren't spiritual shouldn't be as good as they were: everyone except White Lotus members from AtLA and Jinora.

And yet even when he hasn't had to do any "struggle" Aang still styles on Zuko in their very first meeting. He already had that from just being an airbender.

Can you name one time where he beat someone of significance without the kyub...i mean avatar spirit?

Azula in The Drill.

>defeats Zuko 4 times in Season 1 with almost only Airbending
>outsmarts Zhao in Season 1
>outsmarts and beats Azula despite the odds at least twice in Season 2
>
>fights toe to toe with comet-Ozai and only really begins to lose when he takes damage after rejecting a kill-shot

Unlike Korra, the conflicts don't wind up being just "character x fights character y". That's the formula for the climax but the character's conflict is the real point, not the fight itself.

The fact that Zuko took a boomerang to the head in the first episode and lost to Katara once at the end of season 1 seriously brings into question how much an achievement beating him is.

>took a boomerang to the head as a gag and still continued
>lost to a prodigy waterbender during the full moon
Wow, christ man, Zuko is such a scrub, you're right.

>lost to Katara once at the end of season 1
Think about it this way, Katara is probably the only waterbender Zuko had fought at that point aside from Aang, both of whom are powerful. He lost to her once she got actual training and while she was getting a power-up from the full-moon.

She beat him after what? a day of formal training? After Zuko was trained by Iroh personally for how long?

It was implied a few weeks, and everyone in the Gaang is fucking prodigies. The fact that Zuko even managed to fight and later win is a testament to Zuko being a threat. Before all that, that's nitpicking one example when I provided several when prompted for one. But please, keep moving those goalposts.

>it's a "my Avatar could beat your Avatar!" thread
You know what? It doesn't even matter. ALL the Avatars are garbage people who massively fucked up. Raava has the absolute worst taste in hosts.

Although, I guess that means Raava herself is also a useless fucking twat. How is the world not dead yet?

Because you dislike Korra, you biased fag

I fucking love this post. I'm saving it for later

>The fact that Zuko even managed to fight and later win is a testament to Zuko being a threat
This, he's like the only recurring character that wasn't a prodigy in some field, and despite that he was still an above average fighter.

You can see that Korra is unrefined as early as the opening of her show. Whereas in ATLA the intro has Pakku doing a fancy water whip, Korra does this big splashy torrent thing that's uncontrolled. It looks bigger and more powerful certainly, but there's a lot of wasted energy there and holes in her stance.

Korra is a brawler at heart. So a more controlled martial artist like Aang would probably wreck her shit.

You don't need to be a prodigy to benefit from intense daily training from the best instructor around. Zuko's just an idiot.

This. Threads like this are always worded like the OP thinks they're starting an interesting, unique conversation when all it boils down to is that they randomly remembered they hate Korra and they want someone to jerk them off for it because holy shit, nobody has ever mae a Korra hate thread before!

Kuvira just gave up because reasons. Nevermind that her men had Korra surrounded and all she had to do was give the order.

I personally thought what they were going for was matching force against force would never stop. She'd just continue to escalate. It was a war Korra had to win through compassion, something her character had never been able to do: talk someone down.

It was hammy, and sure she could have just killed her, but I dug the sentiment.

And kuvira wasn't a bad person. The best thing about korra's show is the villains all thought they were doing the right thing. (Aside from unalaq)

Aang didn't actually master all the elements
He was extremely proficient, but all of his teachers said that he could use some work on his bending the day before the final fight

>It was hammy, and sure she could have just killed her, but I dug the sentiment.
I would've too if it was used three seasons earlier against the villain who specifically was designed to be unbeatable by bending.

I know Kuvira wasn't EVIL evil, but she was so determined to win she tried to spiritnuke the man she loved to eliminate her enemies, Kuvira just giving up felt really out of character.

Aang was more of a Mary Sue than Korra.

>pacifist
>only token references to it while he solves almost all of his problems with violence
>loses like 2 fights in the series, one of them being to the most plot-armored character in the series

S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E

He's not a pacifist, he just believes that all life is precious, even evil lives have meaning

>while he solves almost all of his problems with violence
Sure, whatever you say. By the way can you name all the fights he wins by outright overpowering and not fleeing/outsmarting?

That's why I said "close to mastering".

>By the way can you name all the fights he wins by outright overpowering and not fleeing/outsmarting?

>implying out smarting isn't a part of violence

Anyways, just by overpowering

>Bumi
>Toph
>Azula
>fire nation at north pole
>Ozai
>bunch of mooks
>Zuko x infinity

And so on.

He didn't beat Bumi.

To be fair to Korra, she didn't really have a "Zuko" where she could beat on for the entirety of her first season.
That said, she was considered a "Master" bender in the three elements she had at the start of season 1, and had Katara herself vouching for her on that. It's just that she was trained in the old ways, if she was trained in the new ways she would have stood a better chance.

Fighting had evolved in those 70 years, but she apparently fought like a master from Aang's time.
So who knows how good she would have been against him with their old style bending masteries.
On the other hand, Aang's abilities were practiced and forged by actual combat experience, with Korra's practiced by arena fights and later pro-bending. Sports in other words. Is the difference between the guys who invented Karate to kill people effeciently, and the modern sport you begged your mom to sign you up for when you were 8. She gets better at the combat aspect but it takes a while.

But yeah, his Avatar state should wreck hers pretty bad.

>Attempted to weaponize spiritual energy, and not for defense
>Built a robot to try and take over Republic City
>Threatened to and did fire her gigantic laser inside the city to make a point and kill her husband whom she thought turned traitor
>Had actual labor camps filled with people from the towns she conquered when there was no need
>Conscripted basically everyone into her army regardless of whether or not she needed their help (conscripting bandits is one thing, I can agree with that even if I don't think it's smart)
>Conquered her former home (which I didn't really have a problem with since Lin's sister was a gigantic bitch and had it coming for a while)

Yeah, Kuvira was Saturday morning cartoon villain evil, and it's incredibly annoying because she shouldn't have been. She should have been the misunderstood "villain" who is trying to unite a broken nation that's never really been solidified before. But we all know what Bryke is capable of, and I should have known better.

>Threatened to and did fire her gigantic laser inside the city to make a point and kill her husband whom she thought turned traitor

She didn't think he'd turned traitor, she was just willing to sacrifice him to eliminate her enemies even though it hurt her personally (tears fall down her cheeks after she fires the cannon at him).

Aang would win because hes trained in the war-style bending of big bombastic moves, while Korra is trained in peacetime-style.

I'd still vote for Aang but that logic's a litttttle flawed.

She was trained by war vets

>She was trained by war vets
Yes but she doesn't use big bombastic moves like we see in ATLA

Korra is more grown, but waaaaaay less disciplined. An air bender upbringing for the avatar fits like a glove where as anyone else could end up a reckless teen who thinks they're invincible, like Korra.

Korra was trained by war vets, yes.
But she wasn't trained in war time. She was trained in peace time in controlled spars. And as evidenced with the whole airbending training, she could goof off whenever she wanted.

That all has to add up.

Were it not for the whole genocide and war, Aang would be such a disciplined airaboo.

He was always fucking off with Gyatso instead of training.

this

After S2 of Korra, Korra and Aang are definitely not the same in the Avatar State.

The best example of how sloppy a bender she is is her attempt to reach Amon in the Probending arena in season 1.

She made this ENORMOUS column water trying to reach the roof of the arena, which collapsed spectacularly before she could even get withing reach of Amon.

KATARA, in season 2, went up a similar height, by using a smaller water tentacle to lift herself and Aang the needed distance to make an escape at the Ba Sing Se caves.

She did this next to a small waterfall and an underground river.

But Korra had a very wide and deep pool of water at her disposal and fucked up.

Aang at the end of ATLA is as good a waterbender as Katara, miles ahead in terms of Airbending (which is actually the main tool he used in most of his victories), about as proficient as Korra in terms of earthbending, and a arguably a weaker firebender than Korra (Korra is stupidly proficient at firebending, mostly because she excells at the raw fighting of that traditiona FB prefers).

Not all of them, just Zuko (which makes sense because they were short on time when Aang started firebending), and Toph, who is ridiculously strict, though her point still stands.

Aang had mastered traditional Waterbending (which makes sense, as fighting and phylosophy wise both Airbending and Waterbending have a lot in common).

>Fighting had evolved in those 70 years, but she apparently fought like a master from Aang's time.

That is bullshit though.

Her punchy style is pretty much modern bending.

She shows very little of the refined, more artful bending displayed in Aang's time.

I gave up after they stopped airing episodes on TV so I don't know if they answered this, but who taught Korra firebending? Was there any indication she was learning that sun warrior style Aang did?

Zuko was still alive, but he sure as fuck didn't train her.

Maybe he taught someone else who taught her or something.

I THINK there might have been something in Nick's site about Zuko reintroducing Sun Warrior firebending into the Fire Nation.

But honestly, Korra's FB never matched imo.

She uses Firebending the same way Ozai's FN did.

Zuko did have a dragon.

>She uses Firebending the same way Ozai's FN did.
She uses every single bending in the A:TLA firepunching style. Choreography in Korra was shit.

half of the anng fightes were on based on how great he is with airbending vs people who didn't even know how airbender worker.

The first time Aang fight someone who knows what is airbending he was stomped (King Bumi fight). Of course he was a SSS master bender, but still, you can see in this fight how that experience changes the course of the fight. The show makes this explicit, it's part of the beauty of the things.

The more zuko and the others fight Aang, better they do in combat against him, even if he's getting better and better by fighting experience and learning the other elements.

The writers decided to tone down the avatar past Korrazila to make the fights more interesting after that point. Because seriously, a fully developed avatar is a force of the nature, the thing that made Aang interesting was the fact that the world ws left to chaos because of the 100 years without an avatar and when our hero raises again, he had to fight as a kid against all the odds by mastering the elements and conquering friends in a small time gap. That why his history is interesting, unlike other avatars that where just a powerful peacemaker with the job to maintain the status-quo

>Korra was stronger than Aang in terms of martial ability
Right, and that's why Aang went toe-to-toe with some of the best benders in the world while Korra consistently jobbed to Literally Whos

>since the last Water Tribe Avatar or maybe Roku
Korra is objectively the worst Avatar that has ever existed

Wasn't he fucking off with Gyatso all the time because he was already considered a Master?

Yeah, Aang was a prodigious airbender AND happened to be the avatar too, not sure how much this was related.

Well considering Korra got personalized instruction in bending for pretty much her entire life and still managed to suck shit at all of them, I'd say Aang was just that good. Despite his mischievous streak he was humble, respectful, and dedicated. He probably just cared more than Korra did.

The common folk keeps the wheels turning while everyone fucks eachother up for shits and giggles.

>The writers decided to tone down the avatar past Korrazila to make the fights more interesting after that point.

Too bad the complete lack of interesting choreography made up for any "interest" generated by their main character jobbing to mooks multiple times a season. Personally I think its a double helping of shit, but hey to each their own.

The fighting styles seemed to have devolved in those 70 years considering every major threat didn't use modern styles of bending. Unalaq for instance went up against and beat Mako and Bolin at that same time, their modern styles didn't do anything to help them against him. Korra also beat those triad guys handedly before learning mordern styles, and i think it fair to assume they would be using a more mordern style.

I think we saw that from Korra because she replaced her old teaching with mordern style through Pro-bending. I have no idea why that would happen (beyond Bryke being mma a fans prior to LoK).

I doubt there was much to goof off to in the southpole compound she lived in for around 13 years. She also loves bending so her goofing off would probably relate to practice bending forms and sparring.

I think her Earth and Fire bending teachers are never mentioned by name, all we know are that they're White Lotus masters.

>I have no idea why that would happen
Its one of their biggest failings. The lead choreographer from ATLA seemed like a total bro and his results spoke for themselves. The environment the combatants fought in in TLA was as much a character in the fight as the combatants themselves and all the action was shot like a classic Martial Arts movie, plus the ability to pull huge chunks of your surroundings out and really change the arena as the fight goes on.

Korra's environments were little more than backgrounds that combatants would stand in front of and plink short bursts of their element at each other. What could have been really cool fight arenas like the Pro Bending Stadium or Air Temple island were just kind of there.

The Air Temple in season 3 was the best fight of the show because of how the characters interacted with the environment, not just each other.

wasn't it the whole point of a series to have the worst time to be a avatar and then have a avatar that was not best suited for that time becasue she got shielded and trained with outdated techniques.

Never considered it like that. But you're right. I also noticed that for LoK they hired a mma fighter and a tricking guy to be their martial arts experts, which it think explains all the weird jumping, spinning and rolling they do in LoK.

In S3 Korra literally moved parts of mountains while poisoned, in a weaker Avatar state, without a magic comet enhancing her fire bending and bending all other 3 elements with her mind. Aang didn't move stuff that big even in the Avatar state. Didn't you guys pay attention?

>Aang struggles with earthbending because it's the opposite of air, but overcomes it though training
>Korra has no problem firebending despite being water tribe

Aang moved the Ocean, that beats Korra by a lot.

Witnessed

Also, it's not because he was an Airbender, but because the Earthbending philosophy ran contrary to his personality type, which was very much rooted in the philosophy of Airbending. Korra is a fiery idiot, it's no wonder she took to Firebending so easily. She's basically Avatar Zhao.

Yet she still lost to a dude who'd been Airbending for like a week.

She's primarily an earth/firebender, all anger, violence and bull-rushing things before finding out what's going on. She learnt waterbending early on from growing up with waterbenders, but she simply doesn't have the mentality for airbending. Solving problems by not punching them? Redirecting the flow of your enemies' attacks and going around your obstacles rather than through them? She doesn't have the patience or intellect for that. Even after she "learnt airbending", the only thing she ever did with it was to punch gusts of air at people.

I think this just proves that Airbending is like the judo or aikido in that a well trained person in the art can beat someone much much stronger other arts in indirect ways.
airbending is OP, but then so is firebending.

Zaheer was a master ninja that beat the crap out of most bender with kungfu alone, he got the bending later to compliments his moves. Also, morals off in every single encounter against her (like Azula, he shot to kill, and failed every time).

On airbender style alone he had much too learn, that's why Tenzin beat the crap out of him that day.

>Aang was not terribly skilled as a fighter without the Avatar State
Aang got a lot more done, but I owe that to airbending being by far the most powerful bending form. Only real drawback is it isn't trained for combat.

Remember shit like him throwing Zuko around in episode 1 and taking out entire ships.

In the comics he picks up a city. Plus his wind shield was more vicious and practical and showed more mastery. Also >but overcomes it though training
>Struggles with it for a day
>Was already standing up to other scarier things in the past

Toph just helped him see the mindset though that's more than Tenzin could do for airbending.

>plus the ability to pull huge chunks of your surroundings out and really change the arena as the fight goes on.
The environments LoK found itself in didn't gear themselves towards this. Of course even in AtLA things like Zuko getting in Aang's face and stuff still spoke to the characters emotions.

It was about the personality behind the actions while also still being an enjoyable experience regardless of who was winning. LoK didn't have that and instead just had it so that the good guys lose each episode and then win at the end but the side characters would get to do something.

I think the audience is supposed to attribute most of season 1 Aang's successes in combat to how long its been since anyone has even seen an airbender fight. I mean 100 years is more than enough time that even the veterans from the air nation purge were dead gone and buried.

With the help of a spirit, while in Avatar state. Korra's avatar state is so much weaker than his, yet she moved larger masses. She's obviously more powerful than Aang.

The guy studied airbending all his life. He was a prodigy in martial arts and tactica, that's why he was locked away and was the leader of a terrorist group, despite not being a bender himself.

No i mean after he beat Ozai, he bends the ocean to put out the burned land. He only used the Avatar state.

Totally agreed, it's implicit that people didn't know how to react to airbender, plus, it was coming from a prodigious bender that also happened to be the avatar. That's why the antagonists are capable of dealing with Aang way better after some numerous fights despite Aang getting better, stronger and more powerful by the week.

"Bigger rocks" doesn't mean "more powerful." In the battle with Ozai, Aang bent all four elements simultaneously and caused way more destruction with much less effort. The fact that all Korra can think to do in the Avatar state is "fly with fire" and "throw big rock" shows what a shitty Avatar she really is.

Not him, but I'd actually completely forgotten about that, you're totally right. Also, don't forget that he made an entire zoo from scratch without the Avatar State.