Do people in your country have many names?

Do people in your country have many names?
For example the last three French presidents:
- Nicolas Paul Stéphane Sarközy de Nagy-Bocsa
- François Gérard Georges Nicolas Hollande
- Emmanuel Jean-Michel Frédéric Macron

I myself have 3 names

Other urls found in this thread:

kotchan.org/chat/int#General
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Hero with a Five Faces

Meme aside i myself have one family name and one first name ahah

Do some people in Japan have more than a single name?

I have 6 names, 7 if you count the "de"

Name Patronym Surname
For example Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov

We have first name, patronym and surname. Having more than one name is unnecessary.

*The Hero with Five Names
Nah every jap has only one family name + first name, and there's no exception.

>tfw no patronymic
I don't even feel human.

> Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov
Truly a great man

Common thing is two names, but I've met people with three names or people trying to just use two names by combining two together
Eg Anamaria Isabel

My name is like
user Anones de user

it's common two have two names, but you have to expect people thinking you're a pretentious little shit if you give your kids more than one name

People have one or two first names, confirmation name and a last name but everybody only uses first and last, the middle two people dont even introduce

Same, but patronym ends in -ov/-ova
Example: Ivan Ivanov Ivanov

Catholics usually have 3 first names.

I have five names.

Brazilians usally have 3 names.
First name mom's surname dad's surname

I know a russian guy whose name is Ivan de Jesus Bermudas-Kolbasin. Well, half-russian.

So you're the reason ameritards butcher our names

3 Is the usual amount in Poland due to the Sacrament of Confirmation where you pick your name.
And of course the surname.

I was given Jacob and Simon at birth.
And picked John-Baptist at Confirmation.
My surname ends in -wicz since my gramps was from Eastern Borderlands.

kotchan.org/chat/int#General

Hello Jacob, I am Nicolás

Yes. Most people here have long names due to the word 'muhammad'. For example:

>Muhammad Asyraff Haikal bin Azman
>Muhammad Syafiq Ramly bin Yusuf
>Muhammad Razali bin Ahmad

my name also have a muhammad

And to add sometimes you'll get people with just one name but they incorporate their dads name to make it longer.

it depends, you either have 2 names and one last name, or one first name and 2 last names
but if you have 2 names people will call you by one of them unless it's a compound name
>jose maría
>maría marta

Do South Americans not have two surnames like Spanish people do?

Not him..

The standard here is having two names, and one lastname (your father's one).

But if you choose to have just one name, then you must have two lastnames (from your father and mother)

>Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov
Хoдит дoмa бeз штaнoв. A Ивaнoв Ивaн Ивaнoвич нaдeвaeт бpюки нa нoчь.

>tfw first time reading brothers karamozov and getting confused at all of the diminutive names

Weird stuff.

I have 2 names and 2 surnames, one from my father and one from my mother.

My brother has only 1 name, so my father added "de" (equivalent to of/von) to his surname in order to make it 4.

I have 4 names and three surnames

y tho

Good taste

I have one (1) name and it is three (3) letters long. And this thread is stupid.

Why not
Only 2 of my first names appear on the ID card(one being a common name and the other Maria). And much like everyone with aristocratic origins I have several surnames

Jan?

Most people have a single name and two surnames. Some have a compound name (Jose Antonio, Maria Isabel, etc) instead of a single one. More than that and you're either royalty, a gypsie or a sudaca.

No. But close.

What is it then?

So you can laugh at me with your fancy Italian name? No.

Fun fact: Russian equivalent of that name is spelled with just 2 letter.

I have four names

My firstname, and my second first name(I have two, but only use the first one. Then I have my mother's middle name as my middle name, and my father's surname as my surname

It's not usual in Denmark though, most people only have 2-3 names.

Is Jose Gonzales Hernandez common?

Only nobility and posh people have a lot. Most people have two/three names, forename, middle name (not all people), and surname. Standard proper name might be "William Peter Carter". Nobody uses their middle name though, so it would instead be "William Carter". Or shortened to "Will Carter", if the person prefers the short-form.

The final s in gonzales is a latin american thing so no. It's González here.

>first name
>father's family name
That's it. Although I'm really considering to add the maternal surname, so I can let my father's surname to die.

in serbia we have one first name
there is a (kind of?) middle name though, but your parents don't get to change it, it's always your dad's name and that's it

>there is a (kind of?) middle name though, but your parents don't get to change it, it's always your dad's name and that's it
Patronymic doesn't really count as middle name.

most of my friends have 4-5 names
I have 4, my dad's name, my mom's surname, my dad's family name, and his last name

ye

>William Peter Carter
How can you have such a based name, I'm a namelet...

Rude

I have four name and also the Jr suffix.

>Jr
This isn't possible anymore in Brazil due to law changes, but it used to be common.

>This isn't possible anymore in Brazil due to law changes

wait, what? the fuck happened?

Johan Henrik Sverdrup Kolstad Jr.

Now you're required by law to register both maternal and paternal surnames.

Haha wtf

Well, I have 4 names because I’m a CHI. But I think it’s usually 3 names here, the first name, the middle name and the last name/surname.

That's absolutely horrible.

Why don't you have your mother's surname from birth? Also I believe you'll be... heavily suggested to pass down your father's surname, since that's the general rule.

I knew a fucker called David Monroe. It's pretty vanilla for a Brits but I don't know why this was so based on him.

When everyone has 2 surnames, you usually just pick one and one from each parent to form yours.

Traditionally, these are their own paternal surnames.

that sucks, why did they do it?

namelets are pure lulz

Just one name and surname. For official documents sometimes you need to add your father's name or maiden surname for women.

My name is Daniel Filipe, followed by three surnames, rate the first two

>not Alberto Barbosa
0/10

Only got a firstname and a surname

cute hands user?