This movie was pretty average. I was expecting more out of it

This movie was pretty average. I was expecting more out of it.

You wanna see heists? Too bad cos this is a romantic movie about a teen finding love.
Jamie was cool tho

>No one wants to talk about Baby Driver
Well come on for fuck sake it's a new movie! Discuss how annoyed you were with it or how you wanted some Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz references or something

Not new enough anymore. You missed the boat.

I thought it was okay. I liked it but it was extremely disappointimg outside of the technical achievements.

Thin characters, cliched action and shots, and a pretty hackneyed ending.

I was disappointed, but still enjoyed it. The driving and action was pretty incredible. but the plot and characters felt lacking.
Why did Kevin Spacey have a change of heart? He's been threatening the main character AND his fucking love interest since the start. Why did Baby not just tell Kevin Spacey that Foxx murdered his corrupt cops? He could have gotten rid of Foxx in a fucking flash. Why did Baby abandon the other heisters? The male and female treated him pretty alright. Why does the movie treat Baby like he's the hero when he's directly/indirectly responsible for majority of the deaths at the end of the film?

>Why did Kevin Spacey have a change of heart?
As soon as Baby's gf came into the room that made him think "These 2 poor love birds have nowhere to go and wanna start a family so I must help them."

Spacey didn't catch feelings until he actually saw the girl.

>this is a romantic movie about a teen finding love.
admittedly hokey, but the whole film is that way

Baby made bad decisions because he was torn behind protecting Deborah and wanting to slip away from Spacey.
Too bad everyone was getting suspicious about him.

I wasn't particularly bothered by the cliches because in my mind it was an homage to the car chase/heist film genre. Wright chose to do some cliches because heist movies are full of them. He relishes the cheesiness that comes with this genre of movie.

Was keen to see this.

It did one showing per day in its one week showing in my city. I realised on the last day. There's plenty of garbage that's overstayed it's welcome for over 2 months though.

Why was the ending so cheesy? End it on a serious note and not "HAPPY EVER AFTER"

>how you wanted some Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz references or something

They're done. You won't get any unless Pegg, Wright and Frost do another, even then it's not guaranteed

>meme driver

kid looks like a fag anyways

>serious note
what about the rest of the movie?
was that serious?

>what about the rest of the movie?
>was that serious?
Yes. Flashbacks to his mother dying was very serious

Spacey saw the fucking girl at dinner. He knew he wanted a normal life with her and was downgrading from making thousands to being a delivery boy. A girl's presence makes no difference.
How do you go from:
"Your girl is pretty, let's keep it that way huh?"
to
"Gosh you guys sure are young and in love lemme help you out."

Baby making bad decisions was never an issue for me. I understand he's a kid and I understand he's going through various conflicts both moral and personal.
I don't understand why the movie excuses his huge fuck ups though. He enables Foxx to murder more people, gets Heister Wife killed, sends Heister Husband on a fucking murder spree, gets Spacey killed, almost gets his adoptive father killed (makes no sense that he wasn't killed by the way considering Foxx was previously shown multiple times to kill people just because he can), and uses his fucking girlfriend as live bait so he can attempt to kill Heister Husband.

He's a fucking terrible person.

those flashbacks were done quickly and quickly cut away.

the audience was never meant to be caught up in that moment, just know it happened.

>You wanna see heists? Too bad cos this is a romantic movie about a teen finding love.
Replace teen with adult and this describes Drive. Not saying its as good but initially people had the same expectations going to see it

>Why did Kevin Spacey have a change of heart? He's been threatening the main character AND his fucking love interest since the start.
I got the impression that despite the bullshit he put him through Doc really did care about Baby. Pretty sure he killed Jon Bernthal ("If you don't see me again, it's cuz I'm dead") because he threatened Baby physically.

Also I want to love this movie so bad and its certainly the best of the year so far but I was just...despite seeing it like 4 times and having the soundtrack on repeat, it's just not 100%ing for me.

>those flashbacks were done quickly and quickly cut away.
Second time flashback is played we see the car crash and his parents killed so you are wrong

>despite seeing it like 4 times and having the soundtrack on repeat, it's just not 100%ing for me.
Is this autism?

no, it's just a reminder that baby thinks back to it as an anxiety.

it's not a "serious" moment, it's a contextual one

Almost definitely.

His song choice was fucking impeccable.