/sug/ - Steven Universe General

Living the Dream Edition

>Too Short to Ride (other episodes in folder links below)
mega.nz/#!3w0UhRYL!MCULJYEjxtcq1aNEm5yfaGJTb0fGpiOLhgSBI7848rY

>Weekly airing schedule (click to the right of the logo, times in EST)
cartoonnetwork.com/shows/steven-universe/pictures/index.html

[LINKS TO SPOILERS BEGIN HERE]

>Public clips from CN
youtu.be/ZKyt4JeMmuY
youtu.be/lwHFJbB-Exc
youtu.be/FPr58uGFcZ8
youtu.be/fKwMqR6oP-8

>2-min clips and screenshots from CN’s server
youtube.com/channel/UCzj0JkM9InYk-NbsEc-kASw/videos
wuskydingo.tumblr.com/archive

>Steven’s Summer Adventure running every weeknight for 4 weeks starting from July 18
ew.com/article/2016/07/07/steven-universe-uzo-aduba-bismuth
youtu.be/3CpKsFdAY5w
youtu.be/9O9mnVtBaxE

>SDCC hosting Steven Universe panel on July 22
sdccblog.com/2016/07/cartoon-network-returns-to-san-diego-comic-con-2016/

>Episode downloads for Seasons 1 to 3, plus comics and shorts
720p: mega.nz/#F!Y5E0BKjK!UsE19rOYDa5Ttl5QRFwgtw
1080p: mega.nz/#F!a9ojCZCT!SLfX7l7inSHdvd7hrf5LLA

>Soundtrack downloads
Show: mega.nz/#F!M4tE3YLb!9oBoy3l9CtQ3VK9F2bHlUA
Attack the Light: mega.nz/#!skFhlLLL!j4TvEr4CTLTUQpaI8IAZX3ttcEYP6xNKypW7Bbusyrw

>Listen to the soundtrack
soundcloud.com/aivisura

>/sug/ writebin
pastebin.com/f86yQm0T

>Crewniverse Tumblr
stevencrewniverse.tumblr.com/

>Archived threads
desuarchive.org/co/search/subject/sug/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qW_sd4GYsR4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for best

What's the ship name for GarnetxAmethystxPearlxSteven? Crystal Gemcest?

I just want to know what Centipeedle looks and sounds like

SOMEBODY

Haremverse

I can't believe Peri is a fucking Jedi.

Bringing up my shit-ass theories from last thread:

The Rubies are Jasper's squad and only came to earth to find their leader.
Rubies are assigned to greater gems in multiples. The Rubies didn't seem concerned with Peridot at all. Seemed rather disorganized.

The Diamonds lie to new gems telling them that they have no powers to ensure that no rebellion ever takes place despite gems like Peridot from Era 2 clearly having powers.
They are also using the lack of resources problem to blame rebels.

>it's a lars episode

Does Pearl like pie?

>its a closed captions are wrong episode

Progression of Steven and Lars is an important subject in showing that Steven can befriend literally anyone.
Lars is symbolic of Steven never giving up, and I want him to continue to work at his friendship with shitty wannabe punk kid.

The motif is that all life is precious, not just your waifu.

she likes pi

He will.

But Lars is fucking intolerable
also lapis isn't my waifu

Lars is good without Sadie drama. Too bad we're getting Sadie drama.

Lars and the Cool Kids was a great episode.

Peridot is adorable

Anyone got the Color Wheel shipping image?

i've been thinking about it and a peridot × jasper fusion would probably be a very cocky precise and tactical gem, with a strong military theme. jasper's helmet + peri's visor could look like a standard soldier's helmet + shades/goggles, and jasper's stripes + the dull yellow color their gems would be would have a camo effect. idk

Is it agreed upon that Pearl has the best singing voice in the show or is there a close contender?

Bismuth seems like a good fit.
Strong, caring, history with Pearl.
Clear emotional connections.

Garnet has a great voice she just doesn't get nearly as many songs as Pearl though

actually I think Stronger than you is her only song, if we don't count her singing like one line in some group songs

she probably does, but we need to wait for lapis to sing to finally decide. i was so sure she was gonna sing in "same old world" too ugh

I mean I still think Bismuth is gonna turn out to be a dangerous war criminal

Besides Steven clearly plans to make PearlxGreg happen

He is a very aggressive shipper, first Pearl and Greg next he is gonna brainwash Lars to make LarsxSadie happen

just wait until the Yellow Diamond song

youtube.com/watch?v=qW_sd4GYsR4

????
He just wanted them to be able to be friends, he isn't trying to get Pearl and Greg to fuck or anything. Greg had his love, he's not going to move on to someone else after Rose.

Yo, guy who wrote the Drive Vans into her Heart parody here
I have a good theory guys, I think you'll like it, explains a lot.
Now that we know for a fact that Homeworld is having a problem with resources, it is apparent that there's some sort of conflict preventing them from colonizing new planets quickly enough.
The question becomes who is the conflict between?
Earth, 5000 years ago. Gemkind continues its expansion, until it happens upon a little planet called Earth, filled with life forms that gemkind has never seen before. Pink Diamond (Rose) decides that these life forms must be protected as an undiscovered form of life. Yellow Diamond decides that Gemkind's advancement is more important that a single planet's life. Blue Diamond doesn't give a crap, because her court of Sapphires can see the future. Blue therefore sides with Yellow but takes a more diplomatic position.
When Garnet happens though, everything Blue Diamond thinks she knows is called into question.
Blue Diamond pulls out of Earth, Yellow plants the cluster, and Rose is left to deal with the fallout on Earth. But when Blue pulls out, she starts having second thoughts about ever destroying an inhabited planet again. She might be wrong.
Blue Diamond is potentially currently engaged in war with Yellow Diamond.
Question: Why does Peri Cherry still hold reverence for BD?
Answer is Jasper: "I respected your tactics." Gems are a warrior race after all. And it explains why Peridot thinks her Diamond is the best.
So what's caused YD to be this... salty over Earth?
White Diamond is a fusion between the three others.
And Earth broke their harmony. Earth stands for everything that was taken from Yellow Diamond.
Steven is a symbol of Rose's idea of protecting other forms of life, which is why the concept is "sick" to Jasper.
This also explains why Lapis was treated so badly by gems that should've been happy to see another refugee - the other two Diamonds have been at war this whole time.

fucking bastards took down kat, where will i get x265 episodes now ;-;

And that's why the Cluster, a geoweapon, was needed - not only as revenge but to combat Blue Diamond.

>mfw I forgot how to trip

Peridot is literally the best gem, holy shit.

Pearl is so weird to me. I've never felt this much care and attachment to a character and have it be completely and utterly platonic.

>Besides Steven clearly plans to make PearlxGreg happen

Take those shipping goggles off. I like GregPearl but this was nothing more than helping them talk so they could finally clear the air and both move on.

No matter who they stick Pearl with, Daddy Sup Forums will never approve.

I'd say you've got some semblance of a theory going on, but it's very clear that there are still three diamond symbols within the spaceship that brought Peridot and Jasper to earth.
While we don't know what has happened to Pink Diamond, it's fairly clear that the other three diamonds are still a power that are working together.

I also for some reason doubt that Rose alone is Pink Diamond or even a part of Pink diamond, but was most likely a high ranking officer beneath her.

We'll probably reach some story on how Pink diamond was defeated/contained/or possibly even part of the initial rebellion and was taken down by the opposing diamonds.

>No link to the previous thread

You fucking idiot.

we are gonna need to edit this to fit Greg between Peridot and Jasper and then Pearl between Lapis and Amethyst

I need fanart of Peridot as Magneto. Now.

It's good writing to make you feel love for a character that isn't lustful.
If you actually feel for Pearl as a character due to her story, background, and overall being and not just for being "The Hot One" I think that's good of both the writers and you, user.

Cool beans, if so.

A Jasper x Peridot fusion would be cool.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Calling it now. Bismuth will leave to establish another base to where they'll send all the healed gem monsters to give them a convenient method of getting them out of the way for future episodes. They'll only show up again in a few odd episodes in the future

Olivine occurs in Peridotite.
Both Jasper and Peridot are Silicates.

That's the thing about it though - we have evidence that Homeworld has been erasing some of its history. What if they've been lying about White Diamond's potential reexistence to give them false hope of reunifying?

Also unrelated theory - Era 2 gems are created after resources are depleted... Is this what Peridot meant by "harvesting?" Is our Peridot literally the melted down and reformed fragments of Era 1 Peridots?

>Amedot
>No Pearlmethyst

Damn. Patti is kinda fierce. Yellow Diamond calling a villainous tap dancing number when?

And you're right, she's gonna have a song. You don't get a Broadway singer to play your villain unless you gonna have a bitch sing. Although, Estelle has only gotten one song so far, so who even knows anymore.

I'm willing to bet against that

Bismuth is gonna prove to be some type of war criminal, Rose didn't lock her away without reason

I think the key lesson is gonna end up being that not everyone whose on the "good" side is necessarily a good person

I want Peridot to fuse with Lapis :/

Anyone else thinking the Ruby Squad are Era 2 models? It would explain why they're so dumb, and why YD sent them, she didn't have any high quality soldiers to spare.

>fan fusion
>four arms
THANK YOU. See, that wasn't so hard. The camo stripes is a nice touch, by the way.

Resources are depleted meaning they're out of planets within their grasp to turn into colonies. Earth is a planet with a lot of Quartz, but other planets probably don't have much in the way of minerals that they can harvest.

The gems use of planets make them non-renewable resources, Era 2 gems are probably made with lower quality resources, more imperfect with methods based around prolonging the materials they've got.

Harvesting is harvesting, we've seen what they've used gem shards for already, and I don't think there'd be a sensible way to melt down and reform fragments when they can't even properly attach fragments together to create a monster. They're crappy experiments at best, so there's no way they're able to repurpose gemshards in a more meaningful way if they're still doing cluster-like tests with the results just now appearing.

"I'll just imprison this fucking war criminal within a lion for my child to later release"
Steven Universe has a theme of everyone being good or redeemable in some way along with all life being precious. Why would they just choose to make a gem that Rose clearly chose to protect and not shatter an evil piece of shit.

Also, like 90% sure they're not going to make the black gem the violent criminal just for obvious reasons.

There's nothing wrong with this imo. I like being /sug/'s oldfag always remembering theories and tales from the days of old.

Ruby is pretty fucking dumb too. We also have no proof YD sent them.

I mean some people would argue that the death penalty is in fact morally wrong, and Rose would probably agree with that, so the harshest thing she could do was life imprisonment

I think she hiding Bismuth from the other gems because she didn't want them to know what happened, she would rather they think she died in battle than learn the truth about what Bismuth did

Countless gems on both sides were smashed during the war.
Also, again.
"I'll leave it for my fucking son to deal with."
She seems fairly sweet too, emotional and empathetic. If anything she was just protecting Bismuth at a different point and time than when she was protecting the rest of the gems.
I just think there'll be a better reason than "Bismuth is a fucking asshole"

might be easier than you think

Shall we joke about Steven's shapeshifted tongue and his nights with Connie?

>not everyone whose on the "good" side is necessarily a good person
I think the Crystal Gems taught us that already. They can't even not rape and beat each other up for just a few episodes.

No.

But we surely shall post r34 about it?

Yes, but our Ruby isn't full retard. She at least knows how to fucking count. Doc straight up forgot to count herself in the lineup. That reeks of the poor gal being the result of budget cuts.

When is the Initial D episode on the schedule?

I want to see normies complain about the CG cars

How did people know about Peri metal bending before the episode? Never actually saw a spoiler

No.

>Homeworld Gems welcome to DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

This upcoming Friday.

Fusing the same gem is "me but bigger"
It would make sense that not mixing gems would still create the gem you wanted if you melted it down and re-cast it.
The Cluster was a big screw you to the acceptance of taboo gem fusion.
They'd have to get the idea for putting shards together from somewhere, and since these consciousnesses are different, instead of the result of "just me" you have this... Thing.

Or that Doc isn't actually suppose to be a leader at all

The Ruby Squad just wanted Jasper, their leader back, they are lost without her

Yes, that is what the refrance.

It's good, It's just not a feeling I'm used to having. Especially weird because I have a waifu, and multiple Daughterus, but I've never had a... I dunno, "friendu"?

Is there a good cover yet for "It's Over, Isn't It"?

Also

This. The only stupid thing I remember Ruby doing was almost blowing her cover in the same episode which I blame on her being a bad liar(Garnet couldn't even humor Steven's story) and being under pressure.

Chillout with your headcanon before it taking over your life.

I could see myself being okay with her ending up with adult Steven, if they did it right.

takes over**

>The Ruby Squad just wanted Jasper, their leader back, they are lost without her
I seriously hope they become regulars once they find Jasper, so basically this can happen.

That would cause the hugest shitstorm related to western children's animation.

Meh I think it's more likely Bismuth has some special power or knowledge that Rose took priority in preserving.

On the other hand, our Ruby hasn't exactly done anything smart either. She's pretty impulsive and single-minded. Most of the time she has two modes of operation: "protect Sapphire" and "be angry at enemies".

so she kept her locked away for 5000 years without telling anyone where she left her?

/sug/, would you lick amethyst's anus?

But why not let her out after the war was over and the CGs settled down?

Rose kept Bismuth bubbled in Lion for a reason, bubbled being the important word because that implies that Rose didn't want Bismuth getting out.

I've tried to think of other reasons why Bis would be in there but none fit, beside that Rose was keeping her not only trapped, but isolated and contained away from the other CGs without their knowing.

Mr Greg is the best episode so far. Anyone agree?

like ever or of the bomb?

because its definitely the best of the bomb

Of this bomb so far, yeah. It could easily be topped later on though.

ever imo

"Haha! I'm a chicken!"

Here's a weird idea.

What if Rose didn't put her in Lion?

What if Lion just found and stole her, and Rose could never find her bubble?

I mean, we've been assuming that Lion is some sort of friend or servant of Rose Quartz, and it's been holding stuff for Steven that she wanted him to have. But that's only circumstantial; we honestly have no idea what Lion's deal is, or why he does the things he does. He might be acting without Rose's knowledge or intent; she might not have known he even exists.