What's his fucking problem?

What's his fucking problem?

youtube.com/watch?v=xw08GQw0hBI

Literally nothing. Notice how Fassbender is sitting there listening to him drone on, while also being in the main cast for Song to Song.

Literally just a bunch of egotistical actors whining about a director who doesn't give a shit about their arrogance.

Plummer has always come across as one of the most stuck-up cunts in film.

Clooney is just mad he didn't make more of the cut in Thin Red Line.

I will add that it's nice that he at least acknowledges that Mallcik has made some great films. It's understandable to be pissed off if you work on a project and then find out that everything you did ended up on the cutting room floor. But the whole bit about taking jabs at his writing and calling him pretentious sounded so bitchy and desperately spiteful.

>it's a people start the circlejerk talking shit about plummer and worshipping malick episode

To be fair, he has a good point on Malick needing a writer.

even actors are turbo plebs who cant appreciate art
LMAO

No he doesn't, Malick doesn't need plots, his montage alone perfectly demonstrates every idea he's trying to portray.
Plots and character development are some of the least important aspects of a film.

malik's movies are shit. lost me multiple girlfriends.

im about to watch knight of cups tmrw with a girl i met on tinder 2 days ago
wish me luck

Like it or not everything went downhill for him after Tree of Life

You honestly know nothing about cinema and you're only interested in stories and cool characters you can relate to.

Malick is obviously not for you, so leave the thread.

worst date i've ever had was tree of life. i was dumb but she was dumber and we had nothing to talk about afterwards except how shit it was.

>all movies need to be the same
Malick is doing something different with cinema than your typical plot stuff, whether it's good or not is debatable, but when this faggot says he needs to be like every other jew in the hollywood it disgusts me

>literally who shitting on the best film maker alive
ok

malick fanboys : You just don't understand. You have to become one with Malick, and become one with the trees and air. Terrance Malick films are a journey, you just don't understand the journey he's taking you on. You're too immature to understand what his films MEAN, what they TRULY MEAN. you don't understand love, or what Malick is trying to tell you about love. get out of here with your bullshit opinions and shitty film taste, unless you like The Tree of Life or Song To Song you don't understand true filmmaking like Terrance Malick. that shot of a goat has more meaning than your entire life. "The world wants to be deceived." You just don't understand what these words mean because you do not understand the genius of Malick.

i go on letterboxd too haha

GL, personally loved the movie. She'll hate it and you'll never see her again.

The Malick haters are missing the point. He doesn't need a writer, because he's an auteur, and he doesn't make movies that use a script in the traditional sense. His movies come together much later in the filmmaking process, after he's distilled what he wants to say with them.

And yes they have a lot to do with the human experience and our relationship to nature.

Malick fans are the epitome of pseuds. His films don't really mean anything. They are just pretty shots with incoherent action and dialogue. Whispery voiceovers, sparse dialogue, and lingering cameras are impotent attempts to convey profound truths. The only truth they convey is that Malick should be doing nothing in the movie business except cinematographic consultation.

Not being Transformers doesn't make a movie artistic. It still has to be meaningful at least, not to mention effectively portraying meaning. Malick's work after Days of Heaven does neither.

>character development is one of the least important aspects of a film.
heh, nice one

>character development is one of the least important aspects of a film.

there's people who actually believe this

boo fucking hoo, they got paid for that

malick is actually quite easy to understand

Malick is a giant turd. Tree of life is a fucking screen saver, go save 3 hours of your life and watch The Fountain instead.

With responses like these I can realize what shithole this has become.

Watch films outside of the IMDB top 250, plebs.

so if a painting has no easily read words it's not a good painting?

lol

>pleb

ITT: People can't comprehend that a movie doesn't have to stick to any strick guideline to still be a movie

Don't watch malick with a female unless she is a genius and loves experimental art house stuff. Even if she says she likes that stuff, she probably just means Wes Anderson.

her profile said she likes movies and reading
im sure she can appreciate malick