Nightwing is getting a sexy "bishoujo" style anime statue by Kotobukiya based on the art style of Japanese artist...

Nightwing is getting a sexy "bishoujo" style anime statue by Kotobukiya based on the art style of Japanese artist Ricken!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Ricken_art/status/755971620456456192
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm all for it. The best way to counter people wanting no girl cheesecake is not to remove cheesecake, but rather introduce beefcake for horny straight girls and gay dudes to indulge themselves with.

But I'm also pretty secure in my heterosexuality, so I'm sure there are going to be a lot of people with very confused feelings about this getting real angry.

>Ricken
>tfw we'll never get an impulse series with ricken as the artist

cause ya know...nightwing has never been about presenting beefcake to the feminine/gay audience at alll...

This. Listen to the Gail Simone school of thought.

>this is from a 90s comic.

It's from Secret Six(2009-2011)

Even if you subscribe to the idea that big, muscularly drawn men in literally form fitting clothes are somehow not beefcake, there's been plenty of what can pretty much only be described as beefcake, specifically from Spider-Man and Nightwing.

I honestly think anybody who isn't a gay dude just doesn't pick up on it with the men, because 1) straight guys don't give a fuck and 2) most girls, especially tumblr girls are into bishojo or male models instead of I guess what you'd call bara? for Superman or body builders before they became roidfreaks.

>Listen to the Gail Simone school of thought.

No, this and THIS are from 90's comics.

A lot of people don't realize that comics in general were pretty sanitized for a very long time and the sexy bods on men and women became equally detailed at the same time (that is to say, around the early 90's).

Ladies and gay dudes but mainly gay dudes, honestly enjoyed seeing Booster Gold's barely concealed cock in 1991 as much as straight dudes enjoy seeing Fire swinging her blazing Brazilian bozongas around.

>I'm a newfag who never read anything she ever produced except random panels of Batgirl

That's amazing

Please god let them do more bishonen statues, I would give all the dollars for a GL

This can easily be addressed by not drawing every single superhero as fuckoffhuege

Which is a good thing, in my opinion, because it adds more variety in how the characters look, which makes them more distinct and interesting. There's no reason Tony Stark should be as huge as cut as Captain America, and there's no reason Captain America should basically be built like The Hulk except 4 feet shorter and without green skin

And they should make Wolverine short again while they're at it

Amazing

>Booster Gold's barely concealed cock in 1991
oh?

Birdman would love this

hes into twinks

YES

Teen girls are into the pretty boy designs. Tweens and beyond are into middle grpund handsome guys, not too built, but fit nevertheless. Nightwing types can enter that class, but I'm thinking more about Aja's Hawkeye type.

Imho, of course. I may be wrong. And there're also different tastes nevertheless: not demo is monolithic.

Dick in this art style reminds me of someone, but I can't put my finger on who

I think you mean bishounen unless they're going to genderswap him.

the line is called ikemen

Why'd you jump to assuming people are upset?

I need this in my life.

comic book guys are always upset

P-post Damien

twitter.com/Ricken_art/status/755971620456456192

>Dick and Damian are the only ones in relatively sexy poses

>Says "IKEMEN" right in that image
>OP still gets it wrong

Also this is good news, no?

>Jason is probably the next in the line

I'd call it the Mike Grell school of thought myself.

>This can easily be addressed by not drawing every single superhero as fuckoffhuege

They have to for economic reasons. It's faster to copypaste the same body and head over and over again, so that's what they do.

>slutty Dick
YES OH MY GOD YES

Why is Damian in a sexier pose than th--

>Ricken

Ah.

>That Damian
Holy shit what a slut. Are all of them getting figs?

agreed with gentleman and offer proof

>no fuckboy Tim
dead on arrival

Ricken sure does love her shotas.
>tfw she'll never do a shotastic young justice comic

You saying the artist a pedo?

>official Sexy Damian

Jason is doing a stronk independent womyn pose.

Oh come on, you couldn't tell how erotic Dick turned out from that sketch either.

She just has

a history of

yup

drawing underage superhero boys

Oh shit its this artist

RIP my dick when Damian comes out
Kinda wish they were all in their Robin tenure now

Now I wonder how much butt these two will show off...

I really hope they do more than just the Batfam

>a futafag is the artist for GA
>a shotafag is designing official statues
DC seems like a chill place
He doesn't has his superior Marcus To design

Damn it, I can't find the image, but it's of Impulse laying down, with the angle showing his butt and he's looking back at the viewer sultrily. It seems like Ricken deleted her Nip blog that hosted all her old (and rather lewd) drawings.

big two don't really care what you draw outside of the job as long as you can contain yourself on an actual book

muh husbando is pure plebs on suicide watch

A lot of what straight men assume may be beefcake really isn't, at least to my tastes. There's nothing arousing to me about the page you posted.

I wouldn't mind seeing younger Spidey

>posting all these male power fantasies
It's impossible to sexually objectify men, just like it's impossible to be sexist against men and to rape a man, because men are the dominant gender in society. These images do not promote equality, they only reinforce rape culture.

>the ikemen line is brand new
>he's usually not in the first wave of stuff like this
>but he seems to be literally the fucking first one to get this statue
they are literally BTFO

Yeah yeah yawn
Go to India if you want to bitch about rape culture

>>a futafag is the artist for GA
Who?

Otto Schmidt

Thanks.

Is this just me or Dick usually gets drawn from the back more often than not? And sitting, oc. Is there a reason for? Take in mind I'm not a DC person.

You can totally objectify (some) men but it happens to necessitate an empowered woman doing the objectifying and them not having a fetish for that sorta thing. Those three just happen to be a lot harder to find overlap in than empowered male+objectified female+she doesn't have a fetish for that. The whole point of social justice is to adjust those numbers.

Dat ass nigga

Dick is widely accepted among straight and gayfags to have the best ass in all the DC Universe.

How well the Batfam sells will probably determine whether or not the line continues

I see... I guess I'll look for some pics... for statistics studies.

It's so uniquely perfect it blew his cover on a spy mission in Grayson because Midnighter recognized it from the last time they met.

HOW MUCH?

I hope it does well, I NEED to be able to make a sexy JL

>There's nothing arousing to me about the page you posted.
I feel the same way. Also that underwear is just ugly looking.

60-70 US if it follows the same price as the Bishoujos

>implying it's gay for a male to lust after Dick
Nightwing is just perfect, no sex hates Nightwing

This nigga gets it.

Guys being drawn in lady poses always fucks me up.

The ass could be a little fatter but it isn't bad

Nothing wrong with that.

>Guys being drawn in lady poses
My personal favorite is seeing guys drawn in that maximum T&A pose. Hal is perfect for that.

I wonder how old they're making Damian, the preview has him younger than the rest.

Question, user, do you have other drawings by Ricken? She deleted her blog and for some reason, I can't find any of the images I saved.

Other than what was posted this is all I got, sorry

Oh, I already have that one. Lame. Thank you, though!

Yeah, ikemen means handsome man.

Always good to see men empowerment. You go, Hal!

Damn, is Damian shirtless?

DC isn't /that/ mad.

Yeah, but they do it in the books enough, this isn't anything new.

Amazing how Japanese subculture usually turns out to be more progressive than western shite despite often being portrayed as sexist by the latter.

To be fair, the quality drops off after Bruce's harem. Maybe we could get interlocking Apollo and Midnighter statues though

They made Dick, now they have to do Midnighter.

>To be fair, the quality drops off after Bruce's harem
>implying Aquaman, the GLs, Hawkman, Booster, Lobo, etc aren't quality looking dudes

>Lobo
>quality looking

Lobo a shit.

Maybe they can give her LoSH and he'll show up there

>Nightwing is getting a sexy "bishoujo" style anime statue
>"bishoujo"
>means pretty girl
>there's literally a term for "pretty boy" that fits the bill
Why does no one know how to fucking google anything?

Even in times of distress he's always thinking about the viewer, good on you Hal

Where did you even get this
Do you have more
Seriously upset that Ricken deleted all her blog

See

This is Sup Forums, I wouldn't be surprised there are people here that don't know ikemen.

>interlocking Apollo and Midnighter statues
What? Like holding hands?

maybe for the sfw variant