Am I the only who misses the FF?

>they were Marvel First Family

>they kickstarted the marvel universe

>they were Lee and Kirby's baby

>tfw no fag actually likes them anymore

>tfw casual marvelfags think they are boring and oldschool

>DCfags say the same about superman and he still sells

>tfw actual faggots bought Marvel's excuse of cancellation due to low sales when Inhumans and Captain Marvel sold less

co why is being a FFag suffering?

Look on the bright side, when they do return they'll be really popular again.

Marvel's just a horrible, spiteful company

Marvel shills literally said it was because of low sales and not anything else

giev it some time. They'll bring them back once memory of Fant4stic fades

Oh bullshit, we know /exactly/ why it was cancelled.

but that's a lie. Look at the low sales of Captain Marvel, look at how many times Marvel tries to bring Carol's shitty series back.

The same thing is happening with the Inhumans.

X-men and FF are on Marvel's shit list. Anyone who says otherwise are being fuckwits.

The only reason X-men haven't been killed off is because the sad fact is there are more X-fags than FFags

It just shows how far Marvel have fallen when they stab their first family in the back, practically erase them and allow such a shitty movie about them to be made.

Best Marvel will always be classic Marvel for me 60's to 80's

INTERNAL CRYING FOR THE EVENTUAL CANCELLATION OF THE COMIC LINE YOU CREATED

Seems like there are More X-Fags and Avengers-Fags its just movies make its seem different.
Also does anyone like Danvers more than Mar-Vell?

Marvel replaced the Fantastic Four with The Ultimates

The Fantastic Four are like Marvel's LOSH: Hardcore fans love them, casuals can't into them, and their older stuff seems impenetrable if you don't love silver age insanity.

>tfw competent X-men editors left before ANAD

>tfw notoriously shit editors were given the X-men job

>tfw major writers immediately jumped ship before ANAD

>tfw this includes Bendis but X-fags are oblivious to it because no Bendis

>tfw the flagship X-book is given to a guy who is known to suck at team books

>tfw that trannie rachel and others say Marvel isn't actively trying to kill the X-men off.

Marvel's just stop making one of their biggest franchise a priority and it shows big time.

This. Xmen is too valuable to permanently get rid of so they are reducing the franchise as much as possible. As for the F4, look what happened to Robinson. Hickman hijacked the characters and used them in Avengers so no wonder the F4 book suffered.

Fantastic comparison. Both are space themed and time travely

Honestly? Given Marvel's polices now I'm kind of glad they are in exile. Near the end it was just becoming the Val show anyway.

I liked her in her Ms Marvel series. Y'know back when she had ACTUAL fucking flaws.

Back when she was an ex-alcoholic with inferiority issues and felt sorry for herself when she could've been the best superhero if she got her act together and she KNEW that.

Yeah I really liked her when she was running around with the StarJammers as binary.

It's kinda sad that Marvel shills genuinely think Carol moving past that = CHARACTER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT.

Like fuck off, people are more complex than that irl.

It's hard as fuck to change your self destructive ways but you still gotta try. That human struggle is what made me attracted marvel.

Also they have her a penis

Ofc they are gonna focus on the franchises they got movie rights with. It's common sense.

Yeah the only Carol stuff I've read was when she would hang out with the X-Men and she always just seemed like a female Hal Jordan.

who the hell is
>that trannie rachel
?

Best Marvel series.

But the movies killed the brand dead. There's no business reason for Marvel to publish them anymore.

She's what Hal Jordan would be if Hal were a good character.

Except compared to the movies comics make zero money. Also they still make all the money from FF and X comics so why not promote them.

Except it's not? Movies aren't the only part of franchises you know?

There are tv, games and merchandise like action figures that Marvel directly fucking OWNS. Its just shitty pettiness from the top at Marvel.

Jesus maybe I live under the rock but is Ike really that petty?

Comics Alliance cucks who are biggest X-fans in all worlds! And they X-plain shit to us.
And Rachel decided she's dude, looks like.

His ex? Fuck if I know.

Senpai, he's throwing bitchfit if people use more than one straw for their sodas.

>older stuff seems impenetrable
Shit comparison. Legion is impenetrable because of the cast of billions and said time travel fuckery. FF is a family adventure.

if you can get around the SJWness of the Podcast its kinda fun. Based Miles.

Man I really hate Comics Alliance. Mostly that asshole Chris Sims.
Also I think I remember these guys. I listened to their podcast where they were sucking Humphries and Hopeless's cock.
Did Rachel really turn into a dude?

One major problem with the FF is that the roster is set. Yes, it has been tweaked with replacements, but it always snaps back to the core family.
Marvel has absolutely no idea what to do with a stable cast. Their event-driven marketing strategy is based on constantly changing teams, alliances, and mercurial lineups based on what hashtag is trending on twitter.
FF represents stability, both in terms of the book's long-established history, and the team's family dynamic. Marvel can't do stability.

>allow such a shitty movie about them to be made.
There wasn't much Marvel could do

There's also the part with the island of disappearing black people.

When it comes to old comics stuff yea they are great. Love Miles he seems like an amazing chill dude. Especially when his girl decides to be a dude.

I don't recommend their modern X-men reviews. They genuinely have shit taste.

idk, I loved it when the set was changing and expanding. I remember Reed and Sue took Franklin to do their own thing. You had Ben and Johnny leading the FF with Crystal and Sharon.

It'd be cool if it did that again. Hickman had the right idea of dividing the FF into two groups. Maybe have Reed and Sue do their own adventures, Main FF team do their thing, the kids have their own hi-jinks etc etc.

Also give Franklin a personality that isn't a wet card board cement. Johnny is like fucking 30, stop making him a prankster make the kid a new one.

I'd pay to see a universal reality manipulating kid pranking his uncle Ben.

Not to mention Jay/Rachel is frequently a cunt to him on the podcast, cutting him off and invalidating his opinions, and he just lets it roll off his back.

>I listened to their podcast where they were sucking Humphries and Hopeless's cock.
But why? Because of X-Forces?

That quote still makes me upset

I don't think he tried to say they share the same storyline concepts.
Just the similarities that hardcores love them, casuals can't get into them and their older stuff is hard to get into unless you love silver age madness.
Stop being a dense fuck

LOSH also had one long continuity for decades, and the reboots confuse people

I don't think they're that comparable to the F4

Humphries All New X-Men is actually pretty solid by current day X-book standards.

I'd just discovered them and tried random sample now and then, their inferno and dark pheonix was good. So was the Claremont one, but the other two above mentioned guests were shit.

Dude who wrote it is rabid Hal-hater.

>Johnny is fucking Medusa.
>Ben is being Bendis'd.
>Reed and Sue are MIA with the family playing god.
>Aunt Petunia is being dicked by someone who isn't me.

Being a Fantastic Four fan is truly suffering.

bullshit. His Laura is shit and his Bobby can't go one second without screaming he is gay to Evan.

Miles =10/10

Have they ever shown Aunt Petunia?

But Hopeless is writing All-New.
And it's completely pointless book.

Yeah, during Byrne's run. She's a hot red head and Johnny clearly wanted to bone her. I don't think they ever brought her back. She's supposed to be 10 years older than Ben.

He also gave the entire Marvel building one bathroom for both genders. That's him saving on costs.

A perfect jew if I've seen one.

Problem is they seem like genuine good fans who care about the medium its just they are friends with some shitty authors thus shitty taste.

>Am I the only who misses the FF?
Yes, only last good run was Hickman's and his was just jacking Doom off in preparation for Secret Wars

The other reason is that the X-men are more entertaining than some stupid family who gets into wacky situations.
Doom was the only good thing to come out of the F4.

Yeah then Mark Millar being the classy fuck he is blew her up to show how hardcore his new villain the marquis of death is.

I enjoyed Fraction and Robinsons. It was a hard follow up but definitely entertaining than the 90s dreck.

Even if you don't like the FF themselves, they have one of the most influential rogues galleries in all of comics. Not just Doom.

Don't take the bait y'all.

Puppet Master gave my my first fetish

kek, an FF thread that got derailed by X-fags

True but they could've tried to get someone like Feige to oversee the production at least, Fant4stic was a train-wreck.

>Am I the only who
No

Why would Fiege want to help another studio besides his own? Fuck Fox for butchering the property, and they deserve it.

FF-fag go fuck yourself
I hope that you will never read any new FF story in your lifetime

>Fantastic Four fans
>Spider-Man fans
>X-Men fans
Who else, from all companies?

there is a poetic justice that when X-men started to be sidelined, the whole marvel comics became unexciting, bland, and boring, not to mention shitty sales

They are the biggest "fans", but they hate Savage Land, Shi'ar, Deadpool, and everything that is not about SJW

fucking phonies

didn't they call Mastermind an MRA?
this is based for you, you cuck?

Why would anyone hate Savage Land? That's fun place to be, it has powered people, Ka-Zar, dinosaurs and shit. Cucks.

Marvel couldn't convince Sony to not make ASM2, they tried. They really really tried to stop ASM2 to happen in every legal and creative way. We know this is true cause of leak emails. We know Marvel has producing credits on all the non-MCU films. It's pretty safe to bet that marvel tried to get them to not make FF the ways they did.

I have hopes for FF.... but... i don't think Fox will let it go. God damn do I hope they do, but that will save the family. It's so weird to go from future foundation to nothing.

it's not like there are many FF fags

They are only interested in stories like God Loves, Man Kills (civil rights / social stuff), while completely shitting on stuff like Brood saga, Savage Land, Dracula, Limbo, etc.

They don't embrace the mythos, only political part

Let's not forget that they totally like Inhumemes.
It was the moment when I dropped the podcast completely and deleted my collection of it.

They hate the Shi'ar? I know they call them bird assholes but it seemed fitting and just calling it as it is.

Shi'ar best empire

I prefer Kree, desu. Only because green/blue space babes are my fetish.

They just don't care for the sci-fi part.

This is the opposite of correct, in fact it is completely wrong. They love a lot of just fun stories like star jammers or the weirdest of weird muktiverse hopping stories.

Yeah, I stopped listening to the podcast after they got too political (I think early on they were treating the stories more indulgently because they were from a different time; the closer they get to modern, the more political they get). But I don't think it's fair to say they only like political stories.

>As for the F4, look what happened to Robinson. Hickman hijacked the characters and used them in Avengers

Yeah and wrote in explanations for how Reed was with the Illuminati so as not to step on Fraction and Robinson's shoes, letting their stories tailor how he kept Reed around and then left an 8 month gap for them to do whatever they wanted before he blew everything up.

>becomes a god
>gets over thrown by his own creation
>has to be saved by Reed Richards

I mean I guess that's technically masterbation if you're saying Doom has an S&M fetish.

>Am I the only
Kill yourself

They also love the brood

I don't think Robinson had the series hijacked. He was brought in to write it by the new editor after Brevoort gave the book up (after having edited it since 2002). The new editor's job was to keep it going until Secret Wars; I don't think there was any expectation that it would last longer.

Hickman's Fantastic Four was the second most popular ongoing on Sup Forums during the time it was running, only topped by Morrison Batman. Everyone in here was reading it.

I still like Hickman's FF a lot. It felt like the perfect vehicle for his strengths (big ideas) and offset his weakness with characterization because the characters are so well-defined to begin with. (Everybody writes Ben more or less like Stan Lee wrote him. There's no other way.)

His Avengers I thought suffered from his not really liking the Avengers, so it had no grounding in the traditional tropes of the comic. But FF was just right.

FF is hard to reinvent and it goes through periods of mediocrity, but sometimes if you get a creator on it who happens to be suited to it, like Byrne or Hickman in different ways, it's fine.

I wouldn't have minded FF ending with Hickman, but going out with Robinson is ehhh.

Fantastic Four was always what was used to measure the progression of time in the Marvel universe; it's where all the real changes originally happened, and it's where the sliding timescale needed to enter the picture because of Franklin. It's pretty hard to do anything except further ape the Future Foundation stories (hardly popular anyways), or just tell classic Waid-ish stories.

Anyways, I'm just seeing this distance as Marvel respecting Hickman's stories - I'll take this over instant retcons (like X-Men, post-Morison) any day of the week.

No one has found a good way to make the concept work in a modern context IMO

They work best as a throwback typically.

>No one has found a good way to make the concept work in a modern context IMO
I hear this all the time, but what concept? A stable family? Are modern comic writers so inept that they can't write a stable family?

Ignore Honorary Legionnaire, he makes really bad posts and shouldn't be considered an authority on any one thing.

I am glad then I don't proclaim myself to be an authority on anything.

They feel more at home with the space race of the time they came out, people looking to the stars and all that. Grand Exploration, they have that same old Superhero problem everyone coming in to write a FF story only wants to play the hits.

As someone who doesn't really care about the Xmen but loves old school FF because I loved Spidey as a kid and he was always hanging out there, they could easily bring that back, have them hang out with Pete again, bring Reed into Parker industries. And you know what? They would have been forced to do it if Fox could make a good superhero movie.

Miles deserves better.

>liking a shitty Fox franchise
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

We have fucking IRON MAN, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and the Inhumans.

Why choose to eat shit when we're offering you steak?

>uncle Ben
Was there ever a what if where Franklin became Spiderman because there needs to be

>being a marvel fan
>ever

You deserve it 2bqh

Don't they like the Captain Britain stuff. And they seem pretty partial to Space Opera elements.

>Iron Woman
>Captain Trans-vell
>Whack Panther
>Shithumans