Transformers: Combiner Wars animation trailer

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtaws91dGs4

Other urls found in this thread:

tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Combiner_Wars_(cartoon)
youtube.com/watch?v=etm3Z8E4F18
youtube.com/watch?v=WdGOGJNOfPs
youtube.com/watch?v=nWr5LWCdP6w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>video is not available.

The shit? I copied and pasted this!

Bump

>That shit animation
>Those god awful soundalike voice actors
>trailer is 90% Windblade

It's even worse than I thought it would be.

So this is only passingly related to the IDWverse?

Neat.

>>Those god awful soundalike voice actors

I recognize the Honest Trailers guy as the voice of Optimus and the narrator, but the rest of the cast is legitimately nobodies. Like, people hanging around the office or fans who won contests or some such bullshit.

tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Combiner_Wars_(cartoon)

They're really bad.

>Patrick Seitz
>nobody

People who dub anime are the absolute bottom tier of the voice acting industry.

Firstly, they're non-union, so they're the cheapest VAs you can get. Literally, they are Discount Voice Actors.

Secondly, overlay voice acting (dubbing) has 0 benefits/royalties attached to it, as opposed to prelay voice acting (audio recording in a group setting which is then used by the animators for timing, lip syncing, etc.).

Anime dubbing VAs are honestly and truly nobodies. If they were any good, they'd be in a union and they'd be doing prelay.

>>Patrick Seitz

Who?

Wew. Considering the amount of effort they put into their toys, it's not surprising they put the minimum amount necessary into this dreck.

So that means I can get Steve Blum and Yuri Lowenthal to voice characters in something despite being a poorfag?

I dunno about Lowenthal, but Blum eventually graduated from overlay to prelay and is now in the North American voice actor union.

So no, you could never afford him. But I hear Sean Schemmel is always looking for work or a sandwich or something.

If RT can get Yuri you probably can too.

>Anime dubbing VAs are honestly and truly nobodies. If they were any good, they'd be in a union and they'd be doing prelay.

Seitz has been in union dubs before, he's most likely fi-core which allows him to do whatever.

He's also voicing in Justice League Action so don't say he doesn't do any cartoons.

>Anime dubbing VAs are honestly and truly nobodies. If they were any good, they'd be in a union and they'd be doing prelay.

They're so bad they have to quarantined to New York and Texas; they can't even be in the same city (LA) as Union VAs.

Jesus Christ.

That's because they live there, not because they have no talent.

Some VA's who do live in New York and Texas can work in LA.

are you pretty much implying only LA VA's are any good.

What about Vancouver, they've did Beast Wars and that was some of the best voice acting ever.

>What about Vancouver, they've did Beast Wars and that was some of the best voice acting ever.

Canada's a separate union but a union nonetheless.

Also, the same VAs that did Beast Wars also did Armada/Energon. They halfassed that shit because it was overlay and therefor hardly worth a fraction of their effort. Beast Wars was prelay and the difference in the quality of their performance shows.

Overlay/dubbing is the lowest of the low in the voice acting world.

>they're non-union, so they're the cheapest VAs you can get. Literally, they are Discount Voice Actors.

This hurts feelings, but it's true.

The only reason anyone uses the 4Kids voice actors is because you cannot get any cheaper. They are the lowest bidders.

>Overlay/dubbing is the lowest of the low in the voice acting world.

pretty much this

even Sup Forums knows this much

It's like this.

Prelay is considered a creative work, since the actors are dictating the pace of the scenes, often improvising/adlibbing, and their performance is used in the animation process directing how the characters are animated based on how they sound. Because of that, actors who do prelay work get royalties.

Overlay/dubbing is considered a derivative work because all you're doing is looking at completed animation and trying to match the inflection of a foreign performance that already exists. It's just translation. Overlay actors do not receive royalties.

For that reason, prelay work is primarily the dominion of the LA voice actor unions and the work is jealously guarded by them. It's why you constantly hear the same VAs in the same cartoons; they don't want to let anyone else get the more lucrative prelay stuff.

And it's why you almost never hear those LA union actors "demean" themselves to do overlay/dub work. Because it pays less, has no royalties and isn't worth their time.

Dubbing is the scraps, snatched up by people like Sean Schemmel and similar smalltimers.

>For that reason, prelay work is primarily the dominion of the LA voice actor unions and the work is jealously guarded by them. It's why you constantly hear the same VAs in the same cartoons; they don't want to let anyone else get the more lucrative prelay stuff.

God, I fuckin hate Tara Strong.

>no more Milne
The national tragedy is finally over!

>they're cutting the pretense and finally just calling the comic Transformers: That Stupid Fucking Ship They'll Never Get Off Of

Man alive, Make Mine Marvel.

Ironic fact is, most of the prelay voice actors are fucking terrible.

Case in point, Overlay perfection that is Dawn of War

youtube.com/watch?v=etm3Z8E4F18

Steve Blum is mediocre.

Go home, Blot.

>Blot
Sorry, not a Terrorcon.

>Ironic fact is, most of the prelay voice actors are fucking terrible.

It takes less technique to be a prelay VA. Overlay VAs have to worry about timing and matching their performance to the one on the monitor and it takes a lot more work than prelay, where the VAs get to make it all up as they go along.

But overlay work is the ghettos you have to work your way up from before you can become a legit VA and earn those sweet royalties. Blum had to do it. Even Tara Strong had to spend a chunk of the late 90s/early 00s dubbing shitacular Japanese RPGs before she landed some good prelay work.

You pay your dues.

Go home, Brawl.

He's just rotating with the new guy. Sorry, senpai.

Is there some news I'm missing? I'm seeing a lot of people get up in arms about the Scavengers completely out of nowhere.

Don't know what that's about but people should definitely yell at Roberts.

I think it's because the comics decided to make Grimlock go from Captain Caveman to pic related.

But he was never Captain Caveman in IDW.

It's not related at all.

The animation in this looks a fuck ton better than shit like Prime. I'm pretty happy with the character designs as well.

Same but I'd still fuck the shit out of her

No one is going to mention Rodimus' new colors?

That isn't Rodimus, that is his clone made from evil which he tried to suppress in favor of being a goofball impotent.

Had to...

Obviously not, all evil Rodimus clones are required to have goatees.

Okay, so apparently Alex Milne is off MTMTE and no one even told him.

Jesus.

No he isn't. He's alternating with Jack Lawrence. He just wasn't told he didn't get to do the first issue.

Only 1 of them does and the one that does is his universe's original one.

Don't remind me this fetishist fuck exists.

He looks WAY better with the evil stache.

Well it's a good color scheme.
You know, for a filthy decepticon.

Nautica is purple and isn't a Decepticon.

>CG Series with cel-shaded look
>choppy 10 fps animation

WHY?!

EVERY FUCKING TIME

So what is this another "Loosely tied to the Prime show" series like RiD was?

>That choppy ass animation
>WINDBLADE IS WINDBLADE IN WINDBLADE THE ANIMATED SERIES

No, it has nothing to do with Prime. And RiD is still going.

1: RID2015 isn't "loosely tied" to Prime, it's a direct fucking sequel. Rescue Bots is loosely tied to Prime.
2: "Was"? We've got two more seasons to come.
3: Machinima Combiner Wars is loosely INSPIRED by the Combiner Wars storyline in IDW. It's its own universe though, with no connections to any others.

I will mention that they make my eyes giggle

>Via Bleeding Cool News, we can confirm that IDW will be offering a special “Prelude to Revolution” comic at their booth at San Diego Comic Con 2016. The special issue collects the backup strips running in the July and August IDW comics in a single book, setting the scene for the crossover event which will bring all of Hasbro’s properties – Transformers, G.I. Joe, Micronauts, MASK, ROM, and more – into a single shared comic continuity. If you’re not able to pick this up, never fear – both of the Road to Revolution strips will also be printed in the Titans Return one shot which is out next week, as well as in the July and August IDW comics.

Oh good, I won't have to go hunt that down after all.

Quick question:
Which Windblade do you guys prefer?
>The naive newcomer trying to find her way through a complicated Cybertron (IDW comics)?
>The confident fighter blessed by Primus himself (RiD)?
>The aggressive and vengeful edgelord who hates all combiners and wants them dead (CW)?

If you had to make a new personality for her, what would/should it be?

All of the above, she'd have a multiple personality disorder. I've always envisioned Windblade being based on Saya from Blood+.

Don't forget Legends Windblade!

Who?

The first one, with elements of 's ditzy bimbo Windblade.

Don't sully Nautica. She doesn't have a womb because her species doesn't reproduce sexually.

It's to mimic hand-drawn animation I believe. I've spoken to the PRIME/RID art director and he said something about how higher frame rate gets too obviously artificial because of how smooth the shadows end up moving and it looks weird.

Speak of RID. Panel was fun. Starscream will pop up soon as a big bad, he has a gang of scavengers digging thru Earth and there's some minicons involved.

The cast is insane. The panel eventually devolved into actors and producers doing Peter Cullen impersonations and singing in-character and telling stories about the recordings (Thunderhoof's actor barely knew what Transformers was and was surprised to find out his character turned into a tractor, like "he can transform?! that explains the name!")

She just loss'd her face.

So the Titans Return comic is at SDCC, anyone get it?

RiD Season 3 trailer.

Featuring the return of Steve Blum as Starscream

And she didn't die from suffering massive injuries. Not a warrior, but still has determination and will.

Forgot the link.

WHEN

W
H
E
N

Yeah, what's your point
Are you that guy who didn't like seeing her laying on the floor when she was drinking?

What do you mean "that guy"?

Why do they keep using that desert camo when there's no toys of that even being made?

Starscream looks terrible. Should've stuck to the Prime design instead of it's blocky clunky deformed G1 homage.

>not liking MetalStar's lovechild

That one waifufag who made a fuss about it when the xmas issue came out. Could be a girl, but I thought the probability was low

"Looks like this other thing!" doesn't make it good, mongoloid. The hack behind this seems to have no grasp of character silhouette.

>deformed G1 homage

Animated thankfully ended years ago, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=nWr5LWCdP6w

This one has worse audio but gives a better look at the footage.

Huh... Not sure how I feel about this design just yet.

It looks like someone looked at the WFC Starscream and thought "how do I make it even worse"

More Starscream than Starscream

he's got a lil face on his chin

I wish that toy wasn't such trash.

They need to do those colors on the new masterpiece.

It's just Thunderhoof with wings. RID's sameface and proportions are so annoying.

You can't make WFC designs worse, user.

The Scavengers are going to be the Revolution portion of MTMTE. They're going to Earth and I guess that's why one of the covers features an unleashed Grimlock.

Why would anyone even complain about the Scavengers? They're hardly ever given spotlight?

>are going to be
I meant "are going to be featured in".

There was sameface with Prime as well. Just not as easily noticed because of rest of head having more unique bits.

Because sis_shrieks

>autos or it pronouns
>check Tumblr for more demographics

The Scavengers being featured in Revolution is fine. Nobody has to yell at Roberts for THAT of all things.

You don't get it you ableist fuck. By "joking" about how Grimlock is "barely in it" James Roberts has once again reduced him to a mere prop. You might as go out and rape a retarded baby you piece of shit.

Who's this guy?

No one remembers.

I don't mind Grimlock being sidelined after decades of being wanked on by Simon Furman, and for being every boys wet dream cause he transforms into a T-Rex.

But really, this is getting a bit too much. Fucker needs to get some action already.

At least the rest of the Dinobots got some.

>By "joking" about how Grimlock is "barely in it" James Roberts has once again reduced him to a mere prop.
>Grimlock is a prop
>Tumblrites not understanding that Grimlock being featured here probably means he's going back to Cybertron at the end of Revolution to return to the Dinobots and thus becoming relevant again.
Once again, why the fuck are people complaining about this?

Anyone feel up to storytiming this months MTME and ExRID issues? Better than bitching over stuff, right?

There's nothing to storytime until next week, user.