/who/ - Doctor Who General

Captain Jack edition.

Died, but was resurrected:

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jul/05/is-this-the-new-face-of-doctor-who-phoebe-waller-bridge
bigfinish.com/ranges/released_reverse/monthly-series/page:5?url=ranges/released_reverse/monthly-series
dailymotion.com/dwreconssubs
bigfinish.com/
bigfinish.com/ranges/released/big-finish---for-free
reddit.com/r/gallifrey/duplicates/5v8tpj/all_of_big_finish_on_spotify_organized_into/
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Man_with_chips
pastebin.com/5Czt6es8
audiobookbay.me/audio-books/pete-walsh-the-ninth-doctor-adventures-sounds-just-like-eccleston-pete-walsh/
bigfinish.com/pages/v/faqs
vk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wanna bang Rose's mum while she watches

How were those audios? Haven't listened to them yet but I liked the premise.

Is there a place to download the newer Big Finish audios? The collection I downloaded ends with DW-BF-106.

the audiobook bay

also someone around here should have a link to a MEGA with a lot of them

Year After I Died was good
The One With Jackie had too much Jackie (I hate her)
The one with gay midshipman was OK but generic
The last one was pretty neat as far as origin stories go

Is any Torchwood stuff mentioned or foreshadowed at all? Some anons here convinced me not to be annoyed about it being a separate range because they were convinced BF would keep it distinct from Torchwood.

Not really. The one with Jackie is taking place during "Jack is all mad Doctor won't come back to him phase" but Torchwood itself is not mentioned. That's about it, I think.

Awesome, thanks. I'll have a listen soon.

I wonder if Jack will ever make an appearance during the Chibnall Era. It seems more likely, because of Chibnall's involvement in Torchwood, but also at this point that is basically ancient history.

Also I really gotta find some normal, friendly-looking Chibnalls for my folder. Right now they look like a photoshoot for a serial killer.

Not a bad story idea, but it needs some fleshing out. And you kept spelling Skaro and Davros wrong. Keep at it.

I don't have a single photo of Chibnall where he doesn't look like a serial killer.

This is my least serial-killer one but even in this one you can just tell that behind those doors are the mangled bodies of his victims.

Chibs did shadow showrun Torchwood for a while, so he might have some love of the character. Barrowman hasn't shit-talked Chibnall the way he has Moffat either.

Might get a cameo in the 60th.

We shoot ourselves

IN THE BACK

>theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jul/05/is-this-the-new-face-of-doctor-who-phoebe-waller-bridge

agree with your pic. my strongest wish for the next doctor is that it isn't kris

Who's the Doctor's REAL greatest nemesis? Davros, the Master, Omega, Rassilon or Drumpf?

I now laugh like the Simm Master.

bigfinish.com/ranges/released_reverse/monthly-series/page:5?url=ranges/released_reverse/monthly-series

>tfw Moffat wanted to bring Jack back for A Good Man Goes to War
>he would've been decapitated by the headless monks foreshadowing his fate as the Face of Boe
I will never not be mad that this didn't happen. It would've actually been clever unlike Moffat's usual 2deep4u continuity welding stuff.

Why didn't he bring him back?

Barrowman was busy filming Miracle Day

That would have been stupid. He didn't really want to do that did he?

I agree with the pic honestly.

Anyone know of any active torrents and/or download links for the Doctor Who Confidential episodes on the series 4 specials?

Found torrents with active seeders for literally every other season of DWC but everything related to the specials is dead for some reason.

Post your face when STRAWBERRY BLONDE

Good morning /who/, just passed by to say that The Keys of Marinus is one of the best episodes from series 1

That's exactly why normies like him. The show has plenty of fans who will watch no matter who the Doctor is, but he would bring back some of the viewing figs.

If we're going to have a female Doctor than she should *at least* be a qt Japanese meido

Keys is pretty comfy and a neat Cybermen origin story.

Why are people posting out of /who/? Are they seeking guidance to the general? Or they are actual people from here and can't stand us? I'm sad now

He probably doesn't know /who/ exists

>Jack having to spend 99.999% of his life as just a head
pls no. At least let him have a good billion years before he becomes the Face.

What is a good idea?

The Dalek and Cyberman war?

Thirteen

>Quel dommage, Davros

Is there anywhere besides dailymotion.com/dwreconssubs that has subtitles for the Loose Cannon recons? Even they don't have all of them :/

How come there isn't a link to all of the Big Finish Doctor Who audios up to the most current?

Reminder that Clara is a stupid companion and the worst that doesn't even know how to connect to wi-fi and have to call someone to teach her.

Defend this

Well, she was stupid. The spoons gave her intelligence.

But yeah, she was too dumb at the beginning of that episode. Even my grandma knows how to connect to the wifi.

I've got one.
bigfinish.com/

I cannot afford to buy audios at the moment.

Nice try, Christel Dee

Then you can't afford to listen. Get a job you lazy bum!
bigfinish.com/ranges/released/big-finish---for-free
Download some of these Part 1 downloads for a teaser of what you're missing out on.

How do you know they don't have a job?

You know not everyone can be a rich babby living off of their parents like you can.

I get the feeling you might be a Big Finish shill.

There's a perfectly legal way to listen to tonnes more Big Finish audios for free - Spotify.

They're not organised very well on there though, so I'd use this leddit page as a guide - reddit.com/r/gallifrey/duplicates/5v8tpj/all_of_big_finish_on_spotify_organized_into/

Replying to myself - some google cache stuff makes it seem that that channel DID use to have most all of the LC vids up subtitled, but BBC's auto-flagging has got a bunch removed.

So close, yet so far. Currently trying to hunt down a torrent or rehosted collection with all of them.

Since when did Sup Forums give a fuck about piracy?

I know some albuns are available in Spotify, try to check it out

So nobody has a Mega Upload file or something?

Someone in a previous thread someone had one from long ago.

Since this user apparently. Sometimes people make a fuss about it. I'm not.

Some anons will have the link, they're just not here right now presumably.

BRAVO DATA CORE

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Man_with_chips

pastebin.com/5Czt6es8

hes lost it

I thought you guys said the Ninth Doctor audios had a narrator?

audiobookbay.me/audio-books/pete-walsh-the-ninth-doctor-adventures-sounds-just-like-eccleston-pete-walsh/

This says The Doctor has a voice.

>you will never curl up on a couch next to Colin Baker, watching Timelash and eating pies together, your head resting on his shoulder while he gives running commentary

Why live?

He's voiced by the narrator, Nick Briggs. They're not truly full-cast audios, but the Doctor is voiced (terribly).

Audiobook Bay says that Big Finish did Highlander audios. Is this true?

>Look, Briggs. We know that the chances of Eccleston joining Big Finish are a snowflake's chance in Hell. We know that New Series audios probably sell more. And yes, you and we have both been dying for some new Ninth Doctor stories...

>...but not like this. Not like this.

Series 9 & 10 soundtrack release WHEN.

Those aren't the Big Finish audios, it's a fan production.

Go on their fucking website and see for yourself my man

>Why are some Big Finish ranges no longer available to order?

>Unfortunately, certain Big Finish titles are no longer available to purchase as our distribution licences have expired. Ranges currently not available to order include:

> The Tomorrow People
> Sapphire & Steel
> Robin Hood
> Highlander
> Stargate SG1/Atlantis

Source: bigfinish.com/pages/v/faqs

Japanese companion confirmed.

And your post is enough for confirmation or do you have anything else to go by?

No no no. Thats a terrible idea. Its like those comics where two heroes face off: who wins? Whoever the writer decides. Besides, the Daleks are dinguses and the Cybermen should whomp their cyclops-octopus looking asses out of their teapot shaped tanks.

Doomsday was easily bullshit from the start: it posed the daleks(already overpowered in 3 episodes) against a bullshit version of the cybermen; a cybermen version so wimp shit that they had to be from an alternate universe where they came off a doo wop blasted conveyor belt to be sent into a slaughter with battle hardened daleks. They might as well have been a bunch of autons. When they fought in Doomsday I was rooting for The Master to just show up and kill everyone. That sweet release took a season later.

But even by Villain standards, the Daleks are corny dinguses. They're immortal battle tanks who believe in their own racial superiority and go off to other planets to enslave other races in a game of galactic conquest, who's leader never really considers that the doctor refuting him time and again and blowing up legions of his followers might refute their ideals about superiority; that the major uprisings against them are a sign they have no real concept of how to rule anywhere; that the fact they need slaves to harvest natural resources they don't actually need since theyre in self sustaining battle tanks undermines their superiority. They'd be more evil if they just let humans be humans then killed them all with their many strangely human-targetting diseases and took over their empires.

And in 13 lives the daleks have managed to kill the doctor one and a half times(eleven and the time war, kinda. The time lords exhaust him more actually). The cybermen do it first chance they get through exhaustion. Theyve basically done it again too most recently, unless you think the regeneration the doctor is holding back is anything but a lame duck move. By actually shooting him too.

I am John BBC. The owner of the BBC. Believe me.

Contrast these idiots with the cybermen: even if the end result of a galactic empire is the same, that still makes the cybermen the smarter villains because they cannibalize their enemies into useful tools for themselves as opposed to killing them or leaving them alive to cause an uprising.

More to the point rooting for the daleks is self defeating: Cyberwar Cybermen, with their ridiculous Flash speed, paralyze touch, concentrated energy lasers, magnetic force grabs, actual legs and supression of outside thoughts getting beat up by a bunch of catchphrase screaming nazi-stand ins? Hell no. The daleks barely have the manuverability to keep up with one guy running in a line in front of them. Entire armies have to stand still for them to have a decent hit percentage. By the time they even locked onto a target a cyberman should have used his cyberstrength to punt heir dalek balls out of the casing and into their eyeball.

I was instead talking about the cybermen trying to convert Davros into a cyberman. Thats an interesting plotpoint.

So then what was the good idea about that shitty fanfiction then?

Last update: the LC recons missing their subtitled versions are
Marco Polo (all 7 episodes)
Galaxy 4 (ep2)
The Daleks' Master Plan (ep11)
The Highlanders (ep1)
The Underwater Menace (ep1 and ep4)
The Space Pirates (ep5 and ep6)

Don't really want to manually subtitle them but if I really can't find subbed versions anywhere, I might.

Is James Corden really the Thirteenth Doctor?

See

Yes.

Would Daleks being the weaker of the two also lead to them trying to seek the help of The Doctor even though he is their biggest adversary?

The daleks have been known to seek help from the doctor many times. The cybermen never have, though have accidentally(human resources). Given how the Daleks see themselves and how Davros thinks I'm pretty sure theyd seek his help and have a plan to backstab him later.

How would The Doctor outsmart the Daleks?

What's the most emotionally bleak, nihilistic Doctor Who story of all time?

Deadline.

I'd say the Master, but that dynamic has been muddled recently. Otherwise, Davros.

Anyone have that cached Blogspot link to the classic eps? I lost it.

t. Nilso

who /nilso/ here

who the fark is nilso?

you

The Last, maybe?

t. Nilso

PARTY NILSOS IN THE HOUUUSE TONIGHT

>where the Weevils came from
>that immortal girl with the Tarot cards
>Torchwood 4 being missing
I wonder how Torchwood would've went if it stayed with 13-episode seasons instead of going with the miniseries format. Have the audios answered any of this shit?

Are you fishing for ideas, user?

The doctor should simply leave the cybermen crippled on Skaro while still remaining a threat to be ongoing, and meanwhile reveal the locations of planets with incompatible races to the cybermen that are occupied by daleks so the cybermen can liberate them. The dalek web goes insane as tje daleks planets are invaded, and in the confusion the doctor runs away. Then depending on the incarnation he either decides a cybermen dalek war is a fine enough solution or dedicates that later he will clean up the mess.

And we all know how that turned out.

Seriously, I want to watch Revenge of the Cybermen but I can't because there's nowhere to watch it.

Revenge of the Nilsoman

Its shit. Dont bother.

I know it's shit. But I like to watch everything in order, shit or not.

>he watches things in order
what a madman

vk com/videos-5742320?q=revenge%20of%20the%20cybermen

Very underratted in my opinion