Storytime of Pain & Knuckles

Tomorrow is the official start of the Weekend of Pain, but tomorrow is also a big day for a certain blue hedgehog.

But this isn't about him. No, this about his rival, and the insane autistic manchild who butchered him and tainted his character for years.

I will be doing all 32 issues of the Knuckles comic, 1 issue of the main Sonic comic (I will explain why when we get to it) and perhaps a surprise at the end

Let the pain begin

here we go

Are you ready user?

Holy Fuckles, Here Comes Knuckles.

Also if you have any questions about this comic, feel free to ask

I wonder if there's a drinking game for this?

I can't believe this.
I can understand Trouble, but this crosses a line.

Hey, at least I'm not doing M25YL. I could if you want

Can you say why it's so awful without giving any details?

Well, at this point, you might as well :^)

Jokes aside, isn't there anyone else doing storytimes? Seems to be a bit too much to do on your own.

It's really hard to, because this series does just about everything wrong. This is one of the big fucking reasons why the Sonic comics had such an absolute shit reputation

But I remember this not being so bad.

It's like a fanfiction, full of OC and stupid writing.

>Jokes aside, isn't there anyone else doing storytimes? Seems to be a bit too much to do on your own.
Of this? No. Honestly I'm thinking of just doing at least half tonight and half tomorrow. I was originally doing to do every single thing Penders did relating to Knuckles, but that's suicide
Trust me, your memories are deceiving you
Original characters aren't necessarily a bad thing on their own, it's just that Penders are fucking awful

Take a shot every time a new echidna is introduced. Take 3 if they're related to Knuckles

Have you noticed how unnatural and stilted the dialogue is yet? Because it gets worse

So how is everyone doing this fine Thursday evening?

And that caps off issue 1. If it didn't seem that bad, trust me, it gets worse. Far worse

On to issue 2

Bump

ETA on the microwave?

I have a complicated relationship with this series. I know it's not well exicuted but I still legitamtally enjoy it. Manny galan really improves as an artist over the course and ken penders almost gets the story to work out... almost. Manny Galan has a baby and leaves. Ken Penders starts doing the art and really meanders with the writing.

Not for a while friend
>Ken Penders starts doing the art and really meanders with the writing.
Well the last 3 issues were written after Penders realized this was cancelled to be fair, but the story still largely goes nowhere interesting. Still, this has better pacing than his later stuff, so at least there's that I guess

A lot of my problems with this stem from how fucking boring it gets and how all the characters he introduces are incredibly flat, especially the main heroine

Even the worst art in Knuckles is still better than some of the issues of the Sonic comic.

And the majority of Worlds Unite.

My absolute favorite absurd thing they did back in the day was Moses meets Robin Hood, I was hyped as shit back in the day.

So I feel ya, I can't hate this comic franchise, it's too good in both good and bad ways.

>And the majority of Worlds Unite.
Eh, even as bad as Huang's and Schoening's portions got, I'd still prefer that over whatever the fuck we got for issues 26-28 of this, though neither are anywhere near good. Actually speaking of crossovers, should I do the Image crossover?
Oh yeah we'll get to that today. I want to like this, because it has some interesting ideas, it's just that none of them are executed well

So how many of you have read this before? And how many of you are reading this for the first time?

I've read this before. And have seen it storytimed twice.

Issue 2 done!

Issue 3, and the last issue before things start getting interesting. And by interesting I mean more dumb

Back in 2003 when Justin Grabie was still Editor and
Karl Bollers and Ken Penders still mucked about.

Here's a theory:

Scott Fulop and others
1 - 36
Goofy Age

Justin Gabrie
36 - 136
Bizarre Age

Mike Pellerito
136 - present
Cleaning House Then Ian Flyn Age

I feel sorry for all of these people (assuming that they weren't fake names planted by Penders, anyway). They were just Knuckles fans. They did not deserve to suffer the works of Penders.

That seems about right, though Pellerito stopped being editor at some point in the 200s and was replaced by Kaminski, and more recently, Lovallo

Though to be, organizing the comic's history by editor seems a bit arbitrary, especially with those names.

Nobody deserved to suffer Penders' garbage, though apparently, judging from both this thread and other people I've talked to, this was cool when they were kids, probably because of how "dark" and "deep it was