Africa is the only region with actually free markets. Really makes you think, huh?

Africa is the only region with actually free markets. Really makes you think, huh?

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/u-s-steel-tariffs-create-a-double-edged-sword-1464740256
nytimes.com/1988/06/02/world/thatcher-salute-to-reagan-years.html
thirdworldtraveler.com/Ronald_Reagan/Ronald_Reagan_Myth.html
thirdworldtraveler.com/Ronald_Reagan/RonaldReagan_page.html
youtube.com/watch?v=NR3RqMMIwD4
youtube.com/watch?v=CTa8H6vAMyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4hm7D2Ms_zc
amazon.com/Economics-Users-Guide-Ha-Joon-Chang/dp/1620408120
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also notice how the US is more protectionist than China and Mexico, with lots of subsidized industries and tariffs. And it still manages to cry around.

Illiterate dumbfuck.

Butthutt burger detected

No markets = no need to do anything.

>America is more protectionist than communist countries.

non-diverse economies cannot afford to be protectionist?

Sounds about right.

Yeah, because they're poor a fuck and want all that sweet foreign capital.

Also the only place with no governments. Far more interested in outlawing witchcraft.

The scale does not account for the diversity of the economy?

this.

also define what constitutes a "protectionist measure".
i'm guessing a lot of the ones in the western world would be anti dumping measures.

Yes, you are, if you ever believed that the US actually drinks the stuff it sells (deregulated free trade).
America has tariffs of 220% on some goods. You are free to show me comparable tariffs in China.

It's almost like they don't have governments to restrict whatever markets exist

bullshit. If whites attempted to have a free association of whites over there we would be sanctioned

>America has tariffs of 220% on some goods
which goods?

>comparing savage niggers to libertarian whiteys
Yes, there is a difference.

also notice it is not one person

Steel, amongst others.
Some duties are as high as 266%.

wsj.com/articles/u-s-steel-tariffs-create-a-double-edged-sword-1464740256

Try start a company in most african countries, by law you'll have to give up 51% of shares to a local associate or you won't be allowed to do any business

Yeah markets are safest when nobody has anything to sell.

For example, the agricultural tariffs and subsidies in the European Union that prevent African countries from selling the only thing they can offer (food) here.

That was more towards the countries themselves and not the map-maker.

>if you ever believed that the US actually drinks the stuff it sells (deregulated free trade).
americans own the majority of bitcoin. you're just mad because we are wild west and you're a doodle dandy

Yeah, African countries are responsible for their misery themselves to an extent. The protectionist measures and the abuse by european corporatins could be seen as the finishing touch.

You are free to keep your toys and slogans. If you ever wanted to participate in actual free trade, open your markets for Chinese steel and leather, Brazilian ethanol, African agricultural products, and and and ...

ah so that's your anti dumping eh.
i work with imports and most of the goods i deal with subject to anti dumping are steel, and currently tomatoes.

yeah but that's probably what they've applied as a counter to dumping? unless they have countervailing duty on top of that.

That's from the steel dumping by China, who is using state funds to manipulate steel prices.

India too has some sort of protection against it, I can't remember how it works.

What's wrong with protectionism? It's opposing globalization and that's good? Don't we want nationalism to rise?

We imposed anti-dumping duty on China to protect our own steel and Iron products.

Seems like it, I just started reading about it. Looks like India forces exporters to match the floor price of Indian steel.

Protectionism is a double-edged sword. What this thread is critizing is now protectionism itself, but the western hypocrisy of massively interventing into various markets, whilst preaching anti-protectionism in developing countries that kills their infant industries, before they can develop and compete with western corporations.

>free markets
>population doesn't even have "morals" in their language
The fact that those places are shitholes is not surprising at all.

Yup. We prefer our manufacturers than the foreign ones. We help them produce cheap stuff than the foreign manufacturers, this is why we have so many cases against us on preferential treatment in WTO.

So do Europe and the United States. Subsidies are like masturbation: everyone is condemning it, everyone is doing it.

We all need subsidies. Millions of people will go jobless and will die of hunger if the whole world had a 100% free market.

There is a reason why Africa sucks with so much free market.

They're also the most unproductive people on the planet

Yeah nah but Africa is also the only region that is full of niggers and sandpeople.

Freedom was never free.

So is Europe, lel.
That was before the First World War, of course there was protectionism between opponents.

Damn: This really, really, really made me think.

funny, the countries that yammer on endlessly about free markets are the least free

>feelsgood.jpg

This is the point. Shield your own industries and make sure others dont do it, at the same time.

In summary, not protecting your own industry is basically shooting yourself in the foot.

yea samolia has like zero taxes applied to imports. i think they should be the model for all nations... kek

yeah I knew, reagan was the most protectionist president of my life time and he did the negotiating for nafta

republicans are idiots

Really? Was not Clinton the one that signed it? How could a protectionist President make trade deals with Mexico?

Came here to post this.

>reagan was the most protectionist president of my life time
I don't think any President since Hoover can be called even marginally protectionist.

yeah clinton signed it, so I guess clinton was the most protectionist.
if one president works on something and another signs it, it's his policy.
so if trump or clinton go back to iraq to fight isis , then trump or clinton invaded in 2003

they bragged about it to the business community.
google it

I don't know much about US presidents than that
Washington was "the freedom guy"
Lincoln was "Democracy dude"
FDR "nuked the japs"
Kennedy triggered the "Space race"
Nixon was the "father of terrorism"
Bush did "9/11"
And Obama is a nigger

kill urself bro.
There's literally no correlation = causation in that.

it's funny, almost everything people believe about reagan today is a myth, you've brainwashed to think he was some kind of hero.
maybe in 30 years your kids will remind you what a hero gwb was

Trump or Clinton, in this example, could not have chosen to undo the damage done since 2003.

Clinton could have chosen to halt negotiations.

yeah, as if he could, I think you give these guys way more credit than they deserve

nytimes.com/1988/06/02/world/thatcher-salute-to-reagan-years.html

>triggered lolbertarians

thirdworldtraveler.com/Ronald_Reagan/Ronald_Reagan_Myth.html

thirdworldtraveler.com/Ronald_Reagan/RonaldReagan_page.html

he sold out your country

youtube.com/watch?v=NR3RqMMIwD4

youtube.com/watch?v=CTa8H6vAMyQ

TTIP talks also have been stopped, despite bilateral industry interests. Political will still plays a role.

youtube.com/watch?v=4hm7D2Ms_zc

People who think America is some example of deregulated free market crack me up.
Go read a book:
amazon.com/Economics-Users-Guide-Ha-Joon-Chang/dp/1620408120

Also, there's nothing wrong with market regulation.

republicans prove you can destroy a country with only morons

But Chinese do?