Site being autistic and not allowing me to post the standard pic edition

Site being autistic and not allowing me to post the standard pic edition
>What language are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Find people to train your language with!

Check the first few replies ITT for plenty of language resources as well as some nice image guides. /lang/ is currently short on those image guides, so if you can pitch in to help create one for a given language, don't hesitate to do so!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=919EP7cWyFY
youtube.com/watch?v=OumwyW5cVXU
youtube.com/watch?v=e4OCP3XK9_8&t=359s
youtube.com/watch?v=W4103z7bGYA
youtube.com/watch?v=1fK3Qbsgbw0
youtube.com/watch?v=nDXxPmvoEJg
my.mixtape.moe/kbauhw.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

benis

how did you do that

I WANT TO SHITPOST
GOD DAMMIT
I CANT EVEN POST CRYING WOJAK FOR THIS POST
I BET EVEN THIS POST WONT GO THROUGH

why aren't you allowed to post the standard pic?

Neger, wat?

wordt dit hem?

Ik ben Nederlands aan het leren. What the fuck is up with the new glossika? Fucking $30 a month. Bullshit.
What are some good Dutch bands (as in signing it Dutch)? Just found Heidevolk, not too bad for pagan metal.

i'm learning english op

Check out Jovink! They're one of my favourite bands. They mostly sing Rock 'n' Roll far as I can tell.

youtube.com/watch?v=919EP7cWyFY

try this youtube.com/watch?v=OumwyW5cVXU

I'm learning arabic using these videos and some websites

youtube.com/watch?v=e4OCP3XK9_8&t=359s

So far I've learned all the alphabet, sounds like 100 words and how to count to 10 plus a bunch of prases later will start learning grammar and will keep learning sma and quranic arabic until I reach and upper intermediate level.

good luck

I tried to post like 5 times with the standard pic and it fails, i post with this pic and it succeeds

please help me stay committed to a language. How do I stop getting bored? I've been trying to learn a language for 3 years but it's so on and off that I get zero progress done.

Wicked, thanks.

Why are you learning that specific language? For me, what kept me motivated for spanish wasn't my mexican gf, but reading books/papers on the history Carthage. Currently working on Dutch and books on their history are keeping me motivated. But I'm into maritime history so it works for me.

I want to learn the Bashu language but it seems like the language have already ceased to exists

For me the most motivation is that i can speak with people with other countries in their language. Also in CV it's pretty cool (at least in Poland) when you have knowing languages other than english.

python

you may like this aswell
youtube.com/watch?v=W4103z7bGYA
youtube.com/watch?v=1fK3Qbsgbw0
youtube.com/watch?v=nDXxPmvoEJg

Behold! The only character, in all of anime, that speaks roight and propa' German in the original Japanese dub.

my.mixtape.moe/kbauhw.webm

Pretty thick accent, though.

I thought you already spoke snake.

>his language hasn't been written in 15 scripts throughout its history

How long would it take to become fluent in a language you have been learning through immersion. For example, I have been learning French for about two years, i'm pretty good at it, but i'm by no means fluent yet. If I were to study for a semester abroad in France for university would ~6 months be long enough to immerse myself into the country and attain fluency in the language?

It depends a lot on how much you interact with surrounding. Some Chinese immigrants live overseas for decades and still haven't picked up the language. Yet in some cases people can start speaking in a language with certain degree of fluency after some weeks of heavy immersion. And that also depend on how you define fluency

bump

to the swiss guy who posts here sometimes, how's Zurich for a foreigner? I'm thinking of moving there for software engineering.

Been learning Italian for a week now, level 3 on Duolingo going through foods. Genders of nouns is pretty fucking retarded (Why the fuck does butter need a gender). Overall its going pretty good.

Neat. Did you pick what dialect are you going to learn?

This desu. If you're really making an effort to try and interact and immerse yourself, I would think 6 months would be enough to at least be conversational. Like the Hong Konanon said though, depends on what you consider "fluent".
My situation was similar with Japanese. Studied for two years, and went to japan for 10 months. After 7, I was comfortably conversational, with friends telling me they could mistake me for a native if they spoke to me on the phone.

hey das me. It's pretty good I think. I haven't confirmed this, but i think Zurich has the largest foreigner population in Switzerland, and a large majority of people speak English. If you're not autistic like me, you should be able to make some friends outside of work.
Personally, i'd rather live in Luzern, it's much more beautiful to me. But your prospects are definitely better in Zürich.

that was awful