Looks like Bendis didn't kill off She-Hulk

Looks like Bendis didn't kill off She-Hulk

No shit. They never said she died, and in the issue right after she flatlined they said that she just fell into a coma.

For as stupid as Bendis is, it takes a special kind of stupid to not have understood that.

>They never said she died

Flatlined.

>Thanos
>Yeah
>It went badly
>FUBAR
Can Bendis not be an insipid writer for once in his life?

And? Fuck, have you never seen a medical show or read anything with any dramatic medical shit in it?

The question now is how fucked up is she hulk

YET

>user's never been flatlined before.
>user's never done anything life threatening
>user's never been radical enough
It's okay, bruh, we can't all follow our dreams from our couches or understand the mysteries of the medical world first-hand.

And you could see how people thought that in the first issue if you weren't busy damage controlling for Marvel.

It's a cape comic.
It's Marvel.
BAY-BEE

>Fubar

This thread's OP image got me thinking.

What if Bendis got into a coversation with Solid Snake?

>I'm a writer for Marvel
>Marvel huh?
>Huh?
>Huh?

WHY ARE ANY OF YOU PEOPLE PRETENDING TO CARE ABOUT THIS GARBAGE?

Did you want them to put periods after every letter?

Okay how many of you used to post on Jinxworld?

I don't even know what that is. What are you implying?

Because if people still think She-Hulk is dead, then people won't buy the book. And Bendis wants people to buy the book.

>being this salty over getting worked by based Benis
How embarrassing~

issues in (Issue 0 and FCBD included)
>>Still no Civil War going on

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLY THE MOST SLOW EVENT EVER!!!

I don't know man.

I used to read Marvel before it went completely to shit; I quit around the time of "Fear itself".

Marvel is terrible now. I don't get how the movies can be so great yet the comics make ridiculously dumb decisions constantly.

But you hate Bendis.

Why this event feels so, not special? Was it like this when Secret Wars II came out?

It was only like this after the 50th delay or so

Because this event has barely any plot. Events usually have something big and explosive the first issue to get things moving. This event promises hero vs. hero, and we STILL don't have the lines drawn yet!

>Was it like this when Secret Wars II came out?
It felt like Secret Wars was a much bigger deal than this. And it was really, what with Marvel saying that it would coincide with some kind of creative overhaul or some shit like that. Looking back on it, it was just another mediocre event, but it didn't feel that way at the time. There was a lot of optimism and speculation going around and a ton of story times with all the Battleworld books, with some of them being really good and enjoyable. It was a good time on the board.

This event feels lackluster because it is, and because nobody is really expecting it to be anything special. I guess instead of the optimism that Secret Wars inspired, this event is just being met with apathy.

user, medical shows with dramatic medical shit tend to imply that someone flatlining is dead, because they no longer have a discernable pulse. People that fall into a coma still have a pulse that can be detected by an ECG.

>Those hips
Uh oh, looks like Carol has been off her hormones.

Medical shows with dramatic medical shit also have people have their hearts stop all the time, only for them to be resuscitated by defibrillators or CPR or whatever. The doctor literally called for paddles when She-Hulk flatlined.

It is so painfully obvious marvel doesn't even care about the event beyond getting movie money.

They rushed the thing out, so they didn't have time for ANY build up at all. And the thing is, this isn't a "all heroes come together to kick a really powerful person's ass" kind of thing. Those don't really need build up even if the big two do that. This is a "heroes have a moral disagreement after a bunch of shit happens right after the other". Everything is being crammed in 3 issues so it doesn't feel natural at all, especially with how 2 dimensional everybody is acting about it all so far and how hastily written everybody is. Like if we were shown like a few months ago how Banner felt about Hulk and telling Clint to tell him if needed instead of doing that in a flashback, it wouldn't be nearly as hamfisted.

He was referring to the original Secret Wars from 1984s, and its follow up Secret Wars II from 1985. Secret Wars I was massively popular at the time and Secret Wars II was a really boring sequel about the Beyonder visiting Earth.

>death
>in Sup Forumsmic books

If you guys read hellcat last issue a doctor explain how they used all their medical team to save she-hulk and that she is still in a coma.

Also if you want to bitch about something complain when She-hulk says "fuck due process lets go for those criminals"

death has been a rotating door for a long time in comic

>spoiler
Maybe we should all read it together, it's Weekend of Pain after all.

Do you mean the event titled Secret Wars II, where the Beyonder basically interrupted EVERY book to engage in shenanigans?
Or the 2015 Secret Wars (which is technically Secret Wars IV)

Nah, Shooter tried to hype up Secret Wars II to high heavens. It was hated because it sucked and intruded on all the books everyone was pulling. It was the prototype for decades of shit event comics.

>bendis retcons his own stuff again

He's definitely referring to Secret Wars II, I don't think anyone referred to Secret Wars 2015 as Secret Wars II.

The comparisons also really apt. For all its faults the original Civil War/Secret War was this massively popular and important cross over, while Civil War II/Secret War II is an unnecessary and boring sequel

How long is this stupid snoozefest supposed to hold the entire line captive for anyway?

>Also if you want to bitch about something complain when She-hulk says "fuck due process lets go for those criminals"

Wait what. Didn't her cousin just get murdered over this pre-crime fucking nonsense, in front of a fully complicit Captain America?

SW 2 was fucking dumb because they used it as an excuse to destroy ninety percent of their extended multiverse characters. They had all this history and weird shit going on out in the places around the main Marvel continuity and they destroyed all that so they could build up tension for yet another dumb ass event that, in the end, didn't change shit. I might have been able to make the previous sentence longer, I guess.

>hibernating a long time
Isn't one real life year only a couple weeks in comics-time?

Depends on the writer/events.

Reminder that they planned this event for 4/FOUR FUCKING MONTHS.

Secretly everyone is a Bendis fan. Sure people here like to feel they have superior taste by calling him shit, hack or whatever they want. They feel better knowing their current indy darling is way better than the top dog at Marvel because it somehow validates the comics they are reading and that's fine.

And yeah the things people complain about Bendis are true as well. He likes to write for trades with slow pacing arcs and his characteristic dialogue. Not to mention putting the stories over any kind of continuity fans want to be acknowledged.

But it's also true that what he does is exactly what Marvel needs. He actually puts some effort in trying to change and advance these characters. You people always criticize his changes because you don't want your characters to advance that fast. Maybe if a change is teased and slowly build then in ten years you will accept it but Bendis doesn't have ten years. He wants to move forward himself not wait until his grandsons do the job for him. You hate him for that but it's what Marvel need. His stories also appeal to the readers. He writes what they want to read. Compare Guardians of the Galaxy against Inhumans. Both had the same number of variants but Bendis still won because he writes the team of Guardians people are interested in reading, accuse him of waifuing or whatever but people accpeted Kitty as Star-Lord because Bendis sold her to them in the first issue. He also put the Avengers on the map and some might say he did it by using gimmicks and events but he was the one who dared to pull these gimmicks and events, and they worked. People liked it. Bendis does know what people want. Sup Forums of course has other ideas, and most likely those ideas would send Marvel into bankruptcy again.

Bendis works, and Sup Forums loves him. All the hate messages are just the way they have to show their love.

>He likes to write for trades with slow pacing arcs and his characteristic dialogue

He didn't write uncanny x-men for shit, he just had the plot spin its wheels in the air throughout his entire run and then ended it the same place where it started. He was handed a golden goose egg of potential with the setup Scott had after AvsX and he made a shit omelet.

>majority of people actively criticize and shit on Bendis' writing
>you all actually like him, all the hate is actually love

Fuck off retard. If it was good writing, than people would praise it, not do the exact opposite.

>He actually puts some effort in trying to change and advance these characters.

So I'm wondering
Everytime there is a fucking thread on how Bendis is a hack, a bad writer, bla bla bla he destroyed my favorite character, bla bla bla everyone seem to conveniently forget that he also did some amazing work (Ultimate Spider-Man and especially pic related being my personal favorites).
So I'm wondering Sup Forums, do you actually read comic books ? Or are you just picking issues and throwing them away as soon as you're finished with them, treating comics like garbage and forgetting everything that was great ?
As a guy who grew up paying 12 to 15€ for barely 50 pages of 9th art, I'm disgusted by this attitude.
Yeah Bendis wrote some bad stuff, he wrote some good too. There are a fuckton of worse writers out there, there are a fuckton of bad artists, but nope, no one gives a shit. Meanwhile, everyone eats Snyder & co like candy, and no one calls them hacks. Really wondering wtf is going on.

>Ultimate Spider-Man
That was years ago, the man is clearly off his rocker nowadays. The ultimate spider-man he writes nowadays isn't anything to write home about. And yes I read comics, I stomached his uncanny run hoping it'd get better but it never did.

Also I found Snyder's later batman stories to be meh.

I don't think you've actually spent much time on Sup Forums

Now she can explain what happened to Bruce to her.

>Secretly everyone is a Bendis fan.

No. I'm not.

Well thank god someone smacked Bendis' fingers and said "Noo! Bad Bendis!"

Her face looked fine, they must have cut their legs or something like that. With a Thanos cutting saw, mind you.

Does Jen have a temper like Banner?

so ow that she has obviously been de-hulked which ethnic minority will take up the mantle?

Her face looked fine after the accident. She must had lost her legs (The medics used an anti-Thanos saw, mind you)

So Carol flies doing a Nazi salute? Subtle.

Maybe. Better kill her to. Just in case you know.

so she can fulfill the prophecy of Hulk killing them all?

She loves her cousin and probably would be angry enough to hulk out and try to kick the shit out whoever killed him. But she'd probably stop before killing him and just decide to do all she can to make sure Hawkeye ends up in jail.

I really want Cho to fuck Hawkeye up, anons. I had no idea he cared so much for Bruce.

>I was only nine years old
>I loved Bendis so much, I owned all his comics and merchandise
>I pray to Bendis every night, thanking him for the dialogue I have been given
>"Bendis is love", I say, "Bendis is life"
>My dad hears me and calls me a faggot
>He is obviously jealous of my devotion to Bendis
>I respond "I'm a faggot?"
>He says "Yes, you're a faggot"
>I say "But I'm not gay"
>He says "I meant faggot as a generic insult, not to call you gay"
>I repond "It's still pretty homophobic"
>He punches me and sends me to my room
>I am crying now, because I wasn't finished talking
>I go into my bed and it is very cold
>I feel a warmth moving towards me
>I keep feeling a warmth moving towards me for 5 panels
>I feel something touch me
>2 page spread
>It's Bendis
>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear, "Wanna read my latest comic?"
>"Your latest comic?"
>"Yes"
>"You came to my room to show me your latest comic?"
>"Why else would I come?"
>"I thought you were gonna have your way with me"
>"You're 9 years old, anyone who could possibly think that would be twisted freak"
>"A twisted freak?"
>"Yes"
>"Can I just read the comic?"
>"Go ahead"
>He grabs me with his chubby nerd hands and puts me on my hands and knees
>I'm ready
>I open the comic for Bendis
>He wasted several pages on characters eating and doing nothing
>It hurts so much, but I do it for Bendis
>I can feel my brain tearing as my eyes start to water
>I push against his force
>I want to please Bendis
>He laughs a mighty laugh as he ignores established continuity
>My dad walks in
>Bendis looks him deep in the eyes and says, "It's all over now"
>"Who the fuck are you? I'm calling the cops!"
>"You were suposed to say "It's over now?""
>"Fuck you, what are you doing with my son?"
>"You're no fun"
>Bendis punches the wall and leaves to write about his waifu some more
Bendis is love, Bendis is life

>Hey Jenn,

>Um... We need to chat about Bruce...

I really hope we get an All New, All Different She Hulk out of this. Good for the goose, sauce for the Gander...