Is he funny?

Is he funny?

no, merchant is the real genius without hi, he is nothing. Karl can also be quite funny but insightful at the same time but is put down by gervais

Not anymore

>Le god isn't real man

Have some balls and diss islam

I just watched his Science special on Netflix and didn't laugh once.

He was funny back when I was 14. Extras was really good back then, but now his humour is so mild and so conventional it does nothing for me.

He's funny, but he isn't a good comedian.

Only with Stephen merchant.

For people saying only with stephen merchant, they did life's too short together and that was not good at all. I think its the contrarian view that merchant is the real genius but really ricky is the driving force.

Gervais became 2nd season andy millman in real life. He became really self absorbed. I noticed at one point that talk show hosts, when interviewing him, were saying that he was a 'renaissance man' which he must have prompted them to say that in the pre interview. And then in lifes too short he has celebrities come around to his office and instead of like extras where it's just the celebrities making fun of themselves its self serving to make ricky look good. Like you can tell he didn't like how people said his stand up was too harsh at the golden globes and so he got johnny depp on to make fun of it, but it was like a kid wrote that scene.

I'm suprised his career didn't die after the Diana concert.

He can make me chuckle from time to time but he just generally seems very self-absorbed. Frankly he just seems like another, run-of-the-mill, hyper-liberal "comedian."

He did recently, check his Twitter mate.

No, he's just a dense asshole who feeds on those who are actually funny. If you watch the Ricky Gervais Show you'll realise pretty quickly that it's Merchant and Pilkington who are carrying the show, Ricky could just as well be replaced by canned laughter.

Watch the episode when Karl is asked about how the future will be, and how Ricky takes a piss out of him when he starts talking about augmented reality. That episode is a real eye opener.

I think hes fucking hilarious. but only when paired with Karl and Steve. He gets a lot of hate because of his loud personality but its a comedic characteristic which many find funny. His back and forth banter with Steve is unique and absolutely brilliant.

*burp* GOD ISNT REAL KARL

GOAT Globes Host, ok writer/actor, shit at everything else

allah and god are one and the same so technically he's dissing islam as well

he was a master of the type of comedy he created in the office with david brent, but now its just not the same and he should have stopped and lived off US office money

Yes, but Stephen Merchant is where most of the cringe stuff on their shows comes from.. See: Hello Ladies.

he's very funny, yes. But that's no surprise.
He's an atheist so naturally he's very intelligent, which allows him to make such hilarious comedy.

he is.. not as much as steve tho

Pilkington and Merchant are the funny ones, Gervais just chokes funny moments to death with his stupid fucking cynical shit

Yes, but his best work is the stuff he does with Merchant. They're a great duo.

Funny how? What do you mean "funny"? You mean funny like a clown?

No. Listen to the XFM shows, you can hear how he changes across the few years he gains fame. I really hope there's a documentary someday, there's so much real bitterness and bullying at play in those radio shows

>British humor

no

He was always like that, though. I could tell he was a scumbag from his appearances on the 11 'O' Clock Show, why did it take you all twenty years to catch up with where any reasonably perceptive teenager was in the late nineties?

So are you saying he became less bitter with fame or what? And what do you mean by bitter? I'm interested, because he's such a narcissist but I've only really known of him during his success so I haven't really seen him at his worst.

post it

NBC somehow made a funnier show than his.

watch Chris Morris or something if you want good british humor.