Non-native English speakers, what English accent sounds best to you? British English, American English...

Non-native English speakers, what English accent sounds best to you? British English, American English, Canadian English, what accent do you prefer the most?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s2oCV2sM_ig
youtu.be/BVmQ6nq1tVo
youtube.com/watch?v=SNF_c69NrJE
youtube.com/watch?v=p-LArv-sEQU
youtube.com/watch?v=C9Wc7WirjU4
youtube.com/watch?v=1ZFrk3jMVfc
youtube.com/watch?v=uHDfC-z9YaE
youtu.be/HpVhSx0fZwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jamaican

others sound too virgin

British of course! I love listening to speeches by Theresa May.

American one without hesitation

first post /thread post

>American one
which of them all though?

British accents really are nice to listen to, you're right. They make the best audiobooks for sure.

Either the queen's english or the southern usa one. The one with the drawl

>British English, American English, Canadian English

all of this. European , chinese and indian english are utter shit.

I've had no problem talking to mutt and brits irl. they're very nice and most of them married our local people.

>english
>sound good
pick one

japanese

youtube.com/watch?v=s2oCV2sM_ig

All of them are ok except maybe southern

Californian English > Canadian English > American English > Texan '''English''' > British English

John Ham's - the most beautiful

English from The Secret Circle TV-series - the most understandble

none

>they're very nice and most of them married our local people

Expat detected

"""Californian English"""

Nigger what the fuck

There are so many sub-accents of "British" & "American" English that this question is basically flawed in its premise

Most foreigners just assume BBC English is British English
I have a Estuary accent which I guess you could say is modern, non-ethnic, non-regional, and a load of foreigners here say "wow you have a really strong british accent but in a good way"

youtu.be/BVmQ6nq1tVo
>He doesn't like Californian English
t. Chinese spy infiltrated into Australia

I feel the lyove, I feel the lyove

Valley girl and surfer? The two most annoying accents.

I agree with you, even I can't stand southern accents.

Runglish is the best

youtube.com/watch?v=SNF_c69NrJE

>southern accents
Can confirm this. Watching 'no country for old men' is a headache without subtitles

RP British with a tinge of Cockney and Scouse, maybe even some highland Scots. Girls with heavy Aussie accent are the worst.

>Californian English
youtube.com/watch?v=p-LArv-sEQU

'Straya, cunt!

Normal British English (not strong British accent).

>British accent

Come on m8 Scots don't sound the same as the English or Welsh or Irish do they

British accents are cool but I like the flap t that americans use and how they use the glottal stop on words like mountain, cotton and so on

I don't particularly like that R sound in American English because it sounds so wierd and unnatural, which is like why you should roll your tongue that much, and I think that is one of the reasons that students here don't like to speak English loud in front of the class.
I wished Brit English was more common here.

I'm a native english speaker with the monotone west coast accent, but I really like the accents of the really dark African countries, like Nigeria and Uganda and stuff when they speak English, also Eastern Canadian.

Jamaican good too.

bro that's fucking disgusting

youtube.com/watch?v=C9Wc7WirjU4

vs

Ugandan is the best

I like southern US accents the most

youtube.com/watch?v=1ZFrk3jMVfc
I like this accent whatever it is.
It's almost colonial American, like a cross between southern and British, what state is it from?

British English accents, they sound the most European. American speech sounds like some kind of robotic thing for me, I don't feel deep history and culture behind it. No offense though

And I cannot distinct American English and Canadian English, maybe only memetic Texas speech with their Murrica. And I've never heard any Australian.

I honestly prefer the "hollywood" English for some weird reason.

American native speak too fast, but british speaker speak like they chew shit. Canadian just is between english and romanian. In this case win american english

youtube.com/watch?v=uHDfC-z9YaE

I like this dialect

American English
only unwritten form of English I could understand

Canadian english is basically American english with raising on some vowels. It’s called Canadian Raising.

Scottish

Dixie accent. Hey y'all

Harry Potter's
idk what type is it

Irish

Indian accent cuz they are the funniest

Yorkshire accent is quite pretty.
British in general is much better than American.

All of the *nglo accents are disgusting and cheap in their own way. But I would say "American" since I'm more accustomed to it. However, I unironically preferred the accent of an Indian guy that I heard in a MIT open courseware lecture about comp sci; it's a shame that the guy stutters so much.

Hiberno English

Australian, fat cunt

The patrician choice.

I always thought it was weird that many foreigners can't tell Canadian from American

Ya man!
Dis yellowman spik di truf!

I suppose I could tell the difference between my accent and someone literally 10 miles from me but it would be very difficult for anyone not from here as they don't know the subtle cues, they didn't grow up here so aren't surrounded by it all the time

Scottish

Nigerian English

I love obscure accents from the British isles!
youtu.be/HpVhSx0fZwM