You ready for Drakino?

You ready for Drakino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zz3du_b6Okc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>anime

trash.png

On the third ep now. Trevor Belmont is a fucking badass, but Dracula...that nigga's on a different fucking plane of badassery.

It's a little talky to start, but I dig Belmont's character (and hair, good lord) thus far, and they really aren't shying away from a fucking thing. It's truly some fuckin' kino.

drac looks like a skaven

its a cartoon you fuggert

Is this just powerlevel shounenshit?

How's the music? I don't think I can handle Castlevania without a great soundtrack

This.

it's wasn't animated by a japanese studio, its not anime

It's okay and sets the mood but it's disappointing compared to the games. I haven't heard Vampire Killer or Bloody Tears yet.

Okay, well is it like a powerlevel shounenshit anime?

Dark Souls series when?

American show animated in Korea that looks somewhat similar to anime (at least based on the trailer I saw).

Nope. The first ep's like 20 minutes, it's good, there isn't even a fight scene. Give it a watch.

When you say there isn't even a fight scene, I get nervous flashbacks to the atrocious brooding of Lords of Shadows (more specifically, the sequel)

Tell me I'm wrong and I'll give it a chance

SEASON ONE
>4 episodes
>less than 80 minutes of content total

why not just call it an animated movie

i like warren ellis but this is shit so far

I never played it so I wouldn't know. First ep is Dracula/Alucard's backstory and a bit of Trevor being an asshole if that helps.

Alright, I'm actually a little excited now that my fears are assuaged

You are making my dick hard, user.

>anime
>trash
I remember when i was a 12 year old filthy frank fan

*tips EVA*

I JUST FINISHED THE FIRST SEASON AND MOTHERFUCKER I WANT MORE

DAMMIT

It's basically the first episode of a show, and good fucking lord do I want a second. Trevor Belmont is the realest nigga alive, and what little we saw of Dracula makes me think he'll be the realest nigga dead OR alive.

Animation's fucking incredible too, especially during the fights (which there aren't nearly enough of).

Did it have classic music?

this is probably all the funding he got from netflix, they dont understand anything from japan that isnt attack on titan

Why does Drac look like Dany Trejo?

>watching western garbage

LMAO

Jesus you sound like a fucking idiot. And of course your topic has turned into total shit. Jackass.

They made him look like IGA

I wouldn't know, never played and don't know the music too well. Nothing stuck out to me.

This is definitely the first great Western vidya adaptation though. No question there.

>jajajajaja ive never played the game but its awesome jajajajaj

Nah, the music itself is very generic compared to what you'd hear in the games. It's a shame but other than that it's a fantastic show.

If he can enjoy it without 30 + years of fandom clouding his judgement isn't that a good thing?

Whats that?

DOES IT REACH SAMURAI JACK FIRST 3 EPISODES POWERLEVEL?

The guy in charge during the most popular games.

Fuck off, spic. I don't know if it'd be worse if I was a fan, but on it's own it is a fucking stellar show.

Think about it like this: I have only a base level understanding of Assassin's Creed and from an objective standpoint that movie was utter fucking garbage. Shitty acting and a completely nonsensical storyline mixed with unconvincing characters and mid-2000's level storytelling (look at that fucking opening crawl, good lord).

Castlevania, on the other hand, is the polar fucking opposite. A well-told simple storyline with fascinating and flawed characters, with some voice acting that very nearly makes me cum (Seriously, Thorin has one hell of a voice). And I know NOTHING about the games.

Nah, not even close. But it's enjoyable.

I fucking love that guy. What a great run of games he's had. I'll give Bloodstained a shot even if it's a little wonky-looking because I trust him.

just finished. only 4 episodes. good story for what it is.

but why only 4 ? i'm sure they have more - perhaps up to 10 episodes even. this is really out of the norm for netflix to only have 4 episodes. perhaps a filler/pilot , and a means to gauge the current demographics' interest in this sort of cartoon?

bet they have the rest already finished...

I can think of Four points where it surpasses that.

>Dracula going full Dracula
>Trevor saving the Speaker
Trevor, Sypha, and the Townsfolk fighting off a demon horde
>Alucard v. Trevor

I'm pretty sure the rest are finished given that they said the first season would be 4 episodes and the second would be 8. Put them together and you've got a normal season of 12 eps. It definitely seems like they're testing the waters, but then why automatically greenlight the second season? Just weird.

perhaps prior to releasing the cartoon, there was a strong interest already - albeit niche.

netflix isn't your normal premium cable , so i'm sure their marketing team is checking all pools of information for solid leads in interest.

i like what i see. plus netflix has money. its far cheaper to greenlit a second season for a cartoon than a live series; but that's my opinion.

I assume they would have released them regardless, and this is literally just a trailer for it.

Glad to hear it!

Also, I'm in a Q&A with the producer tomorrow, are there any questions y'all would like me to ask?

If the show is popular, will they do other games besides Castlevania III?

Why did they feel the need to make Trevor a typical drunken kungfu type?

I mean it kind of explains it when he talks about his family and how they were exiled.

Series is shit. Feels like it's written by an edgy teenager, and doesn't feel like Castlevania. Trevor Belmont is all wrong.

>and the second season in 2018

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

is there a place to watch without actually paying for netflix?

It's on nyaa.si. I have no idea why since it doesn't belong there, but it's there at least for now.

It was written by Warren Ellis so you're not far off

>no bloody tears
D R O P P E D

thanks, yeah didn't even think to look there

>only 5 months left in 2017

>I only play castlevania for le what is le man meme

just watched it, the first season looks more like a pilot for the whole series, I hope they keep doing it

>2 minute dialogue about goat fucking
>it's actually funny
This is the reason Warren Ellis gets the big bucks.

The animation is awful. I can appreciate them using old school ways for an old school source but there is a problem when the Chinese animators you hired just picked up a pencil last week.

>American show animated in Korea
So like Korra?

It's not animated in Korea.

Episode 4 fight was pure hype. Though the music is off in this show which is weird because the Castlevania (game) series is known for amazing music.

Just watched all of it. It's pretty good, though Warren Ellis couldn't resist having some scatological humor in it (the moment when Belmont knees Alucard in the balls was hilarious though).

Animation's pretty good, I just wish there was more of it. The entire thing is all setup and no payoff. In fact 2.5 episodes out of 4 are all build up.

Watch the episodes before you speak. Season one is not complete yet. Episode 4 has an open-ending.

>watch episode 1
Dracula was supposed to be the bad guy right? So far I sympathize with him and hate the Christians.. is that supposed to happen?

youtube.com/watch?v=Zz3du_b6Okc
This is the fucking theme song.
It's generic trash

>Netflix finally puts out an original besides Narcos that isn't pure dogshit
>Only 4 episodes
I was surprised that the show got the go ahead to have such great gore

Would you?

I don't need the bucket

>animated
still trash

Mediocre animation
Story is just barely servicable
Dialogue and voice acting is bad

This feels like one of those direct-to-video animations from the 90s.

It would've been disappointing if I hadn't expected it.

If you want actual dracula kino, watch Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust.

>This feels like one of those direct-to-video animations from the 90s.

Perfect. You have no idea how exciting those once were to me. It was a whole new world.

You probably think the Spawn animated series is shit too.

No, the Spawn animated series was pretty good.
Although it did suffer from the low budget, obviously.

>only 4 episodes
>ends just as Trevor Belmont and Sypha Belnades join forces with Adrian F. Tepes/Alucard

They're going to blue ball us hard aren't they?

where do i watch this

Small indie streaming service called Netflix

nah fuck that
based horriblesubs ripped it

goat fucking, you say?

More like Futurama. A studio in Korea that Americans own.

>HAHA TIME TO WATCH SOME CASTLEVANIA
>Four 20 minute long episodes

pleb

It was pretty decent, but should've been more action-packed and with actual dungeon crawling, to be representative of the game. This just felt like an intro episode.
Also, the generic soundtrack was a downer.

Everything with Alucard at the very end was great.

only a year until 4 more episodes

This kicks the shit out of Berserk season 2 so hard it isn't funny

It was absolutely shit, why do weebs have the most pathetic tastes?

The gore was nice

Lords of Shadow was great. You're right about the sequel though

Yes. The jew, whoops, the speakers, are the true heroes.

>written by Warren Ellis

Pass. I can only take so much edgy "Fuck the church" soapboxing. Let me guess, Dracula's the good guy and Simon's a "free thinker."

it doesn't bother me too much that the classic music isn't there, it'd draw too much attention away from the visuals IMO.

>Alucard just sidestepping on my nigga Trevor like that
he a bad motherfucker

It was good.

The only thing that really bothered me was the animation.

shill

>implying the town doesn't owe their lives to that one real priest who could make holy water.

(You)

DUDE CHRISTIANS ARE EVIL LMAO

It's all Warren's been writing for years.

Hopefully for a couple of bucks, since you're a fucking shill.

what is this, beauty and the beast? fucking retarded

LEAKED dialog from a very important scene in the pilot:

>Wolfman: "RARRRRR, YOUR NEW SERVANTS FROM THE AFRICAN CONTINENT HAVE ARRIVED, MY LORD DRACOOLYUH, RAAR RAAAAR! WHY DID YOU SEND FOR SERVANTS FROM SO FAR AWAYEEE???"

>Dracula: "Are you serious? There is hardly, if ANY, representation for black people whne it comes to vampires. We each need to do our part to assure that things become more diverse and welcoming, for ALL races."

>Wolfman: "RRRAARRRRR, GOOD POINT MY LORD!! WHITE PEOPLE HAVE HAD THEIR DAY!! RAAAARR!!!"

>Dracula: "Maube next time check your privilege, underling."

>Wolfman: "RAAR I WILL!! AWOOOO!!"

ironic shitposting is still shitposting you dumb cunt

>absolute shit animation
>ellis bitching about churches again
>no monster fights until three episodes in
>nice guy dracula just wants to avenge his wife
>terrible music
>subpar voiceacting
>cringeworthy dialogue

OP, there are much better places for Drakino.