Changing Danny's origin

>Changing Danny's origin.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QCSPda7xQ3s

For what purpose? I have mixed feelings about this.

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/luke-cage-footage-recap/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They are sadly not going to shed a lot of light on the history of the Iron Fist, so shit with his dad and Lei Kung is never gonna be touched on because they need to establish him fighting dudes in Hell's Kitchen. I thought that they wouldn't touch on it much just cause the budget wouldn't cut it for mystic city for more than 10 minutes, but changing the inevitably futile hiking trip to a random plane crash is fucking stupid.

Changing how?

The trailer suggests no such thing.

I don't know shit about Iron Fist. What exactly is changing?

A plane crash. Instead of Danny, his parents and Harold Meachum climbing mountain. Harold killing Wendell /in front/ of Danny, and Heather sacrificing herself to Wolves /in front/ of Danny, before he gets taken to K'un-Lun.

A large part of his motivation to become the Iron Fist is to avenge his parents. He always gets flashbacks to their brutal deaths.

Meachum causes the plane crash. Done. Makes more sense than a kid being taken mountain climbing anyway

Fucking Batman can't stop ruining capeshit.

that is really boring.

Wasn't Wendell Koo-koo, though? Dragging your nine year old kid up the mountain, kinda shows that. Guess they wanted to tone the craziness down.

Apparently, Luke and Misty have an intimate scene.

>yfw Danny and Luke are Eskimo Bros.

Fucking revolting.

>yfw Danny and Luke are Eskimo Bros.
I'm totally okay with this.

Betya, that "Hello Danny", is by Davos.

Is Meachum a big guy?

Well they both fucked she-hulk so they already are in the comics

>For what purpose?
Because Marvel is ashamed of their source material.

>a plane crash
That's pretty goddamn lame. But I guess it lets them do the Harold betrayal as a reveal.

>jumping to conclusions this hard
The trailer doesn't show his parents dying. It shows a plane crash. That's it. For all we know they survive the crash and are killed later.

Didn't Wendell first discover K'un L'un after crashing his plane anyway?

It's Sup Forums man, everyone thinks they can figure out entire plots of entire television season and movie plots from 30 second trailer

I'm not going to pretend to know his origins, what are they?

It's all based on a single crucial plot point: go back to Sup Forums

>For what purpose?

To cut corners as much as possible due to shoe string budget, in order to deliver a very toned down and bland version of the comics that the masses will then herald as pinnacle of television, naturally.

not from Sup Forums just haven't read the origins, i've read some iron fist comics

99% of the audience have never heard of him before so I don't they care about how close to the comics they keep it.

So is climbing a mountain. And one makes no sense with a child along.

She-Hulk kissed Danny, but it didn't go anywhere, because he wants to keep himself pure~ for Misty.

Plane crash...?

I wonder what Shou-Lao will look like. >Probably, only 30 seconds of him, anyway.

Are you guys seriously bitching about a change that you have not seen yet?

slashfilm.com/luke-cage-footage-recap/

Isn't that incorrect? Reading the story times, I don't remember Misty EVER dating Luke.

Getting revenge on the wolves?

The plane crash is better.

PLANE?

CRASHING THIS PLANE, WITH ONE SURVIVOR!

God this thread is so stupid.

I'm all for speculation, but this is basically comparing something we know with something we have ZERO idea about.

It could be better. it could be worse. Who knows?

This is stupid.

So Arrow mixed with Batman and Wolverine?

I think, because people were expecting a mountain climb, to see a plane crash is confusing. I'm not seeing much complaint in this thread, than I was expecting. It looks like Danny is the only survivor so, I'd like to see his main motivation for becoming the Iron Fist/Gaining revenge on Harold Meachum. A mid-season reveal won't make much sense, at least on Danny's end. Joy, though? Totally.

Lot of loyalty for a hired gun

Maybe Harolds plan was to crash the Rand's plane with no survivors

It's literally in the teaser trailer.