How and why do you go from this

How and why do you go from this...

...to this

Wasting del Mundo on this is war crime.

The world was a different place, back then. A better place in some ways.

>not being a part of the Reddit audience

jeez gramps

In the movie, he was written as an emotionally stunted manchild living one day at a time. He never got over his mother's death and was raised by a bunch of knuckle-dragging space pirates led by someone who was trying to teach him to be his own man without being too soft on him. He has an arc and, while he's still immature, he has a family again and overcame his hangups with his mother's death.

The comics after the movie just shallowly copy it because writing is hard.

By having him be a z-list nobody that they can do whatever the fuck they want with.

It's just a shame that 'they' are a shadow of the writing staff Marvel used to have.

You could easily replace this image with star lord at the start of Annihilation.

Meme-lord has finally won. Honestly I did like the GotG, but then we lost so much in the comics to make it exactly the same. The reason why GotG were so good - were spotlighted and got picked up for a movie - was completely abandoned.

RIP in pieces.

>The Guardians will never go back to being z listers where there was a genuine sense of danger and weight to their deaths
>They are now too popular to remain dead and fucks like Bendis retcon defining moments to milk them
>They are also now insufferable memesters
>Star-Lords design also sucks fat dicks

Kill me.

You forgot
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>on Earth
>forever

No you couldn't. Annihilation Star Lord was a bit humorous but he was more mature and generally fed up with being a hero.

Not really. They gave a very clear reason why Star-Lord went from goofy cosmic hero to jaded ex-military. There was a clear continuity and growth for the character. Meme-Lord is just a retcon with Marvel pretending they're the same guy despite no similarities.

I'm pretty sure he meant the radical change in characterization.

Original Star Lord was pretty interesting. He figured that revenge was the most pointless use of his powers within the first two chapters.

Did we E V E R get an explanation for that Master of the Sun bullshit?
Was he high?

>forever
This is modern Marvel, buddy.
That shit will be over by the next volume, which will start in less than a year.

The whole Master of the Sun is no longer canon in 616. A likely explanation could be that Peter made all that stuff up on his trips to begin his legend.

>Was he high?
Most likely.

Yeah, he was the dayman

Bendis, Humphries and James Gunn

That stopped being canon once Englehart left

I don't get it. They have visited Earth so many fucking times since Bendis took over and now for his grand finale.....They are stuck on Earth? That's it?

Read vol 1-4 of GotG (DnA) and it's a convoluted mess with major stuff happening off panel (blackbolt's death). Is Annihilation any good?

Yeah, that's becuase they heavily tie into all the cosmic events
It's not read to be read on its own at all

Annihilation is great yes

I was cheeky with "forever".
Yep. Judging by covers, Rocket and Quill will be on Earth. Gamora's cover shows spaceship but that DIVIDED WE STAND teaser has her wearing Earth clothes so I don't know what to think.

It's vastly overrated - just start with this

I'll cut you.

That Planet to Planet journey is a fun plot outline

nice bait

actually just Humphries and Gunn, Bendis avoids movie Star-Lord like a plague

I'll kneecap you

That Classic origin is dildos.

One problem with DnA was that they wrote pretty much all of the cosmic stories, so all titles are somewhat connected. There's also the fact that GotG's ongoing was interrupted by two tie-ins (Secret Invasion and War of Kings). The story makes a lot more sense when you read everything that they were writing at the time.

By "all cosmic stories", I meant post-Annihilation up until the Thanos Imperatiive.

I actually like that scene since it covered the part that even as a complete manchild (which was justified in the movie) Pete is really fucking good at playing dumb in order to set up beings who should be able to crush him with a thought.

that scene actually hurt more Ronan credibility than helped Peter's character