/trek/

Is that his hand? It looks weird

why cuz it has more hair on it than his head?

No, the angles are wierd. Like it's someone elses hand

>put a flute players hand in the shot
>instead of just dubbing in a flute

u wot

I don't know. Maybe they thought it would look bad if the actors just randomly put their fingers on the instrument.

we all know who is on the other side

Why does science tell us that bald men have more testosterone than men with hair, yet all the evidence I've ever seen points to the exact opposite?

Because (((Hollywood))) is liberal and not representative of reality

Fuck you, now I can't un-see this and I like this episode.

I can only assume that the flute player is lying on his back with his head gently cradled in the captain's lap. Just look at the passion and intensity with which he blows that man's pipe.
It's a beautiful thing.

Exatly my toughts

It doesn't. DHT receptor count has no correlation to total or free testosterone

fucking lol, user did you just make this?

Yes

The Ressikan Flute doesn't actually make any sound. Sir Pat has said so in interviews, they just dubbed the music over it in post production.

*Spoiler alert* they don't really get beamed onto alien planets to shoot the show either.

me underneath

Put general in the header so I can filter your autistic chatroom, thanks.

beautiful

Sure it doesn't. I think he just didn't want to talk about this expreience

>the picard maneuver.jpg

No one gives a shit what you filter, if you want this much attention get trip, faggot.

>muh attention
Says the chatroom addicted fag. Put a trip on when you make a new thread so I can filter it, sweetie.

Good one user

Daily reminder

Captain my ship.

>Kai Winn
>Tried to turn her planet into a religious backwater shithole theocracy
>nothing wrong

Is it just 4chans trek fans that despise the bajorans in general and are massively pro cardie? I discovered trek here and lack understanding the basic gestalt of your average trek fan

>Armus did nothing wrong
Explain

no one likes Bajorans. You can argue whether the Cardies did anythign wrong or not, but no one can deny Bajorans a shit. Their women are top breeding material tho.

>yet all the evidence I've ever seen points to the exact opposite?

>jason statham
>bruce willis
>the rock
>michael clarke duncan
>undefeated Bill Goldberg
>John travolta
>Nic Cage
>Michael Jordan

what did he mean by this

>John travolta
>Nic Cage
>Testosterone
user

>religion is tied to wormhole aliens giving access to the most important known strategic area in the quadrant and orbs with fucking time travel.

lelelel backwards religion just drop that shit kai winn. its 2370 for fuck sakes.

I deny that the Bajorans are shit. You'd be in a bad mood too if your planet was occupied and your people were enslaved for 50 years.

>your gods are completely indifferent to your existence
Pretty shit tier religion famalam

Cardassia brought Bajor out of the stone age and into the galactic stage

Bajor was already an interstellar civilization before the Cardies rolled up.

who is 4th row 3rd column?

Picard said they had spaceships before humans.

MUH SOLAR SAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Watch Enterprise

>it's not canon because it contradicts my personal headcanon
>it's not canon because it makes me upset
Wew.

it's not that they were in a bad mood, it's that they were retarded and unlikable as fuck. it also didn't help that every Cardie we meet is played very charismatically, while the majority of Bajorans we meet are either misguided, boring (looking at you, Barel), never shut up about muh occupation, religious freaks and people willing to go back to their opressive caste system bc their ayylium gods spat out some dude who lived hundreds of years ago and you should totally care what that fucker says.

You misunderstand me. I'm not saying Bajor was not an interstellar civilization. I'm saying building shitty solar sail ships that can putz around your own solar system is peanuts compared to where Cardassia was when they occupied them.

They were the superior race

I'm saying that you can't call it "the stone age" when it clearly wasn't the stone age.

>building shitty solar sail ships that can putz around your own solar system is peanuts compared to where Cardassia was when they occupied them.
>They were the superior race
Might makes right, huh?

completely indifferent?

>magic orbs
>wipes out dominion fleets
>free mind controlled waifus.
>trans quadrant travel.

Everything the wormhole aliens do is in their own self-interest
>magic orbs
random shit that got pooped out of the wormhole and the Bajorans found
>wipes out dominion fleets
They were a threat to the wormhole aliens
>free mind controlled waifus.
Not an argument
>trans quadrant travel.
They only agreed to that because Sisko is part wormhole alien

Sorry, should they have been tipping their Vedek hats, m'jor?

Bajor was in the stone age compared to Cardassia. They were severely lacking in every other technological aspect aside from basic space travel. Bajorans are a race of poets, fruit cakes and farmers. They had more interest in worshipping muh prophets and strolling through the nature gardens than pursuing science and technology.

>Might makes right
Yes

>part of religion is based around the sisko emissary bullshit.
>hey that part doesnt count.:(

I'm not saying it didn't count, I'm saying that the wormhole aliens allowing travel through their space wasn't because they are benevolent gods to the Bajorans, or watching over and protecting them. I'm saying the only reason they agree to that is because Sisko convinces them, and he is part wormhole alien, ergo they only listen to their own kind, or if something is in their best interest, like when Quark convinced them to reset the Grand Nagus

>when Quark convinced them to reset the Grand Nagus
real talk tho that's a great episode

>Bajor was in the stone age compared to Cardassia.
Your original post wasn't making a comparison.

>They were severely lacking in every other technological aspect aside from basic space travel.
>They had more interest in worshipping muh prophets and strolling through the nature gardens than pursuing science and technology.
Does the show ever actually say that they have no interest in science or technology, or is it just your personal headcanon?

>figure I'll watch enterprise because apparently the 4th season is great
>that theme song

err

Is this what autism looks like, up close and personal? Have you ever been in a conversation where someone makes an exaggeration for effect? My god.

>Stop calling me out for being wrong! I'm never wrong, so nobody is allowed to correct me REEEEE!
Sorry I bruised your ego, sir. I won't do it again, sir, I promise.

WE

do the holosuites on ds9 smell of semen?

>4chans trek fans that despise the bajorans in general

actually it's only one, i.e., the stinky space hag

DS9 sucks

hehehehehhe ;)

Remember that episode where Bashir was arrested for copyright infringement, because he illegally downloaded Trill_Love_Slave_II.holo over SpaceTorrent?

GUYS WHAT THE FUCK KIRA AND O'BRIEN ALMOST HOOKED UP.

WHAT THE FUCK
>WHAT THE FUCK
WHAT THE FUCK
>WHAT THE FUCK

It looks like he has his hands in his lap and someone is forcing the flute into his mouth

>tfw we never saw Kai Winn learn that Quark had spoken to the prophets more than she had

I like most Bajorans; I just despise Winn. Shakaar, Kira, Lee, and Kira's resistance friends are all cool.

The Dominion was never a threat to the Prophets. The aliens just didn't want to see Sisko die. Plus there was some penance that was exacted at some point. Was that Sisko staying in the Wormhole st the end or something else?

>The aliens just didn't want to see Sisko die
Still proves my point that the wormhole aliens don't give a shit about Bajor

No, those are not his hands. He can't play the instrument, he's just blowing on it.

kek, the person playing is over to his right side, which is why the arms are at an odd angle.

I know. But remember that they kept referring to Sisko as "of Bajor" so obviously Bajor was their home

It's only gay if you're the bottom

>t. Greeks, Romans, Muslims

Maybe? It's never directly proven that they are from Bajor, that connection was only speculated

What did they mean by this?

Daily reminder that Odo is the most autistic character in all of Star Trek

Don't forget:
>odo fucked a fake human married girl

Also, since when was Bereil a Chad?

I was under the impression that they were an older race that had lived on Bajor milenia ago and turned themselves into energy beings. They either evolved, created, or helped the Bajorans during their evolution. It runs parallel to the changlings and vorta

Bajor was not an interstellar civilisation though, a single ship accidentally made it to Cardassia due to a spatial anomaly, but even if they survived the crash landing (wooden sailing ships suck at landings) and were somehow able to take off again (how did they do it in the first place?), they couldn't have got home as the space wind was blowing in the wrong direction. Cardassia was only able to cover up the contact due to this fact.

That doesn't make them an interstellar civilisation anymore than you can say Ferengi or Humans are pan-galactic civilisations because they went through wormholes that took them to the other side of the galaxy.

That's silly

>But remember that they kept referring to Sisko as "of Bajor" so obviously Bajor was their home
Not obvious at all. The Prophets never explained what they meant by "of Bajor", and remember they've been sending out space probes for millenia to find other lifeforms (not corporeal beings who destroy us), which the stupid apes near the wormhole thought were religious relics. I've never seen it confirmed anywhere but I'm certain that Bajorans were inspired to name their planet by a Prophet Space Probe, and not the Prophets somehow love Bajor.

That's the thoery, but it was never proven by anything that happened on the show. The writers intentionally left a lot of that ambiguous on purpose because DS9 was supposed to be an exploration of religion in a universe with no Judeo-Christian style Gods

Oh and inb4 Q, the Q aren't as powerful as you think. Certainly not as powerful as the Judeo-Christian style God.

Also, let's not forget how fucking stupid the idea of Bajor putting a wooden solar sail into orbit is when they had no rocketry technology at all

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

>the Q aren't as powerful as you think.
fuck you man.

case in point LMAO

I stopped arguing with that guy because he's fucking retarded, don't bother

>travel back in time to when humanity isn't even really warp capable
>assimilate them then thus erasing all their future development and events that made them what they were in the 24th

am I missing something or was the Borg plan retarded?

best post in the thread

Fucking Goold, Die

You're not missing anything, the Borg plan was retarded. Especially when the writers could have easily written something to close that major loophole, like
>The Borg can only travel back around 300 years in the past because of the bloopty sloopty whatchamacallit technobabble reason

it makes kinda sense in the original Borg version that just wanted to assimilate everyone and "uplift" them in their own way

makes no sense for VOY style Borg that just want to acquire more knowledge to add to "perfection" or whatever it was

all of the time travel shit is retarded. it's what really fucked ENT. well that and all the other shitty scripts.

yeah i took a break and went all in on babylon 5 after a few eps of ENT....maybe ill go back to it after B5

Assimilation isn't just a means of getting what you want, it's a great military tactic for destroying your enemies as each kill increases your manpower. They were trying to wipe us out, not steal some secret tech that they wanted and somehow weren't able to obtain in another way than a direct frontal assault on the planet.

Denied, Mr Teal'c.

That seems like it would make ENT look even worse by comparison. Instead of Londo and G'kar you have TandA Vulcan and redneck.