Batman/TMNT and Star Trek/Green Lantern are getting sequels!

Batman/TMNT and Star Trek/Green Lantern are getting sequels!

newsarama.com/30266-batman-star-trek-tmnt-more-crossover-in-two-new-dc-idw-titles.html

>Captain Kirk and the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise will once again cross paths with the Green Lantern Corps in a sequel to last year’s Star Trek/Green Lantern series. The creative team of Mike Johnson and Angel Hernandez will reteam for another epic space opera, this one picking up the new status quo where it left off and introducing additional cosmic heroes and villains familiar to fans of both series. This series is slated for a winter 2016 launch.
Following the recent success of Batman/TMNT, IDW, DC, and Nickelodeon are also happy to announce another pairing between the Caped Crusader and the Ninja Turtles: Batman/TMNT Adventures, coming this November. Based on the animated versions of both series, this storyline for fans of all ages will bring the Dark Knight of the beloved Batman: The Animated Series in contact with Nickelodeon’s animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The dynamic duo of writer Matthew K. Manning (Beware the Batman) and artist Jon Sommariva (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Amazing Adventures) will team on the series.

>“The previous Star Trek/Green Lantern and Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles crossovers were a huge hit with fans of each of the characters,” said Hank Kanalz, DC SVP of Editorial Strategy and Administration. “Bringing these characters back again, and expanding Batman and the Turtles to the realm where they’re most recognized by comic fans and fans of the TV series will make for a great story that any fan can’t wait to read.”

>“It’s always a blast to pair up beloved characters in comic series, and our recent pairings with DC have been especially satisfying on a creative level and in regards to fan satisfaction, too,” said Chris Ryall, IDW’s Chief Creative Officer. “Being able to bring Ciro Nieli’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to the amazing animated Gotham envisioned by Bruce Timm and Eric Radomski is a major bonus.”

>Saint Walker can't do the LLAP thing because he doesn't have enough fingers
absolutely precious

>Following the recent success of Batman/TMNT, IDW, DC, and Nickelodeon are also happy to announce another pairing between the Caped Crusader and the Ninja Turtles: Batman/TMNT Adventures, coming this November. Based on the animated versions of both series, this storyline for fans of all ages will bring the Dark Knight of the beloved Batman: The Animated Series in contact with Nickelodeon’s animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The dynamic duo of writer Matthew K. Manning (Beware the Batman) and artist Jon Sommariva (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Amazing Adventures) will team on the series.

While it's neat to get two different incarnations of the characters meeting, it just means we're gonna have to go through the same establishing/first encounter stuff we already went through in the previous Batman/TMNT crossover.

Nice, the Batman/ TMNT was great. Haven't read the GL/ Star Trek one, but might do now.

Eh, sure why not.

Even if IDW's Nick TMNT output has been pretty bad...

The Trek/GL one was alright

I'm actually looking forward to the sequel because of the way the first one ended, it should be interesting

>Based on the animated versions of both series
Meh.

>While it's neat to get two different incarnations of the characters meeting, it just means we're gonna have to go through the same establishing/first encounter stuff we already went through in the previous Batman/TMNT crossover

Maybe they'll skip over that and pick the story up in medias res?

Because man, I don't wanna go through

>Batman and Turtles mistake each other for enemies and fight
>real villain shows up
>Batman and Turtles team up to take down the real bad guy

All over again.

The Trek/GL one is interesting because the Lanterns don't return to their own universe when it's all over. That universe is dead and gone and now the various Lanterns are basically stuck in an alternate Abramsverse. It's an interesting dynamic because it radically alters two worlds.

I'm actually kind of interested to see what the formation of the various Corps does to the Abramsverse.

>Batman/TMNT and Star Trek/Green Lantern are getting sequels!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllll

I expected a sequel to the previous crossover.

Yeah, the first book left off with a great sequel hook. Hopefully they will do something worthwhile with it

Really curious to see if they can somehow restart different corps in their new universe or if their rings are now totally unique, and how much Starfleet started using ring tech

When will we finally get that DC/Transformers crossover?

>When will we finally get that DC/Hasbro crossover?
ftfy

This could have happened but the New52 stopped it.

Which is bullshit because the Legion/Star Trek crossover still happened despite the Legion half still existed in the pre52 canon

>When will we finally get that DC/Transformers crossover?

IDW's Transformers/Avengers crossover was a steaming pile of shit.

What makes you think a Transformers/Justice League crossover from them would be any better?

Bendis and his pet New Avengers would not be involved.

>B:TAS and 2012 TMNT

What a weird combination. You'd think they'd do BtB/2012 or even B:TAS/2003.

Nobody liked Beware and I guess they're going with 2012 since it's the most recent?

Beware>>> TMNT, though.

I guess I should be glad they just didn't rely on the 80's cartoon yet again.

I liked Beware personally but it was a flop

Saint Walker you are too adorable