Can we talk about spider-man #6

can we talk about spider-man #6

and how sloppy the art is.

Pic not related?

They figured if the writing was shit enough, it'd distract from artistic flaws.

this

Miles looks like an ayylmao.

fucking shit wrong picture sorry

That's the colorists fault not the artist

Artist just tried, and miserably failed, to mimic Pichelli's art

How does Tony know he is black. Does Miles really just go around announcing it to people. "Hey I'm black Spiderman"

it made the news. Did you not read the 2nd issue.

wait what? isnt miles dad a cop?

So Miles is really shitty at keeping his identity secret? Hope that comes back to bite him in the ass.

I like this guy, there's not a single copypasted panel in a spread with 8 similar ones.

Didn't tony already know all the kid's identity? He knew kamala.

He just got a rip in his costume on his elbow or something

I honestly thought that stick was Miles zapping the sidewalk with his electricity powers (and, given the power of his venom zap, shutting down the city of New York)

Meant for

A girl on the internet posted about Spidey getting some battle damage on his arm that revealed he's black.

This frustrated Miles because it sure as hell cut down the number of people he could be, secret-identity wise, and because he didn't want to deal with being the "black Spider-man."

It is totally in character for Tony to pick up on something dropped on the internet like that, he's a bit of an infophile and has been since at least Ellis, maybe earlier.

part of his costume ripped and his skin showed.

So everyone knows he's some sort of brown. Notice how Miles said "not white" instead of black.

the people don't know he's black exactly.

They just know he's not white.

Are asian people or indian people profiled?

Indians get taken for Middle Eastern Muslims pretty frequently

Sikhs have it rough for sure

That's just in that cartoon

Unless you're some Chinatown hood rat, Asians don't get profiled too often by cops, if that's what you mean.

Nothing in this thread posted so far has been terrible, but I'm painfully aware of things like Unbeatable Squirrel Girl and other tumblr things Marvel now publishes.

>indian
dot indians not often, because their men are all manlets and they are easily identified by the khaki pants they wear denoting that they have jobs and don't commit crimes. They have to be in turbans or robes for cops to do a double-take.

American Indians yes, because they're all DUI alcoholics when not on their reservations.

Asians are a meme as bad drivers, until they actually swerve out of lane or hit something they're just a joke.

PIchelli wasn't on art. Hopefully she'll be back soon

Not he knows who Miles is.

Because their both on the Avengers that's how he knows,

But Tony already knew who Miles was before his costume was ripped do you not read the Avengers?

Black Man, Black Man
Gets offended whenever he can
Is he mad? Listen bud
He's got chimpanzee blood
Look out, here comes the Black Man

Has Miles actually indicated he identifies as black instead of multiracial or Afro Caribbean? Puerto Ricans are really mixed and given his last name, his father must be some kind of Afro Latino as well. Miles might consider himself dark skinned latino for all we know

What a special snowflake he is.

Are you saying he can't identify as mayonnaise?

I'm just saying, everybody calls him black Spider-Man and its actually more complicated than that. I suspect Bendis didn't have any idea about what the kids culture might be when he created him.

forget the other dudes they clearly only here for bendis hate

Miles is actually the only character who bring it up that he's puerto rican. multiple times. But never indeept because he never got a chance.