Ring Ring --- Ring Ring --- Ring Ring --- CLICK

Ring Ring --- Ring Ring --- Ring Ring --- CLICK

Hello, user? It's DC, we're starting a Jason Todd solo series and want you to write it.

What do you do with him?

>What do you do with him?

Kill.

Kill him off. Again.

How would you do it though? Sacrifice for others? Goes out guns Blazing? Just out of knowhere?

kills himself

We went over this a couple of months ago. Make him the minion of some villain. Talia, Lex, whoever. Most stories just about his missions and shit but occasionally the struggle to leave (romance/sex with the villain is optional).

>b-but that sounds like Grayson
>b-but that sounds like Deathstroke

yeah, I know

Sacrifice him to Darkseid
Bring back Superboy Prime
Let's have Darkseid War 2, only with shittier charcters

>Make him the minion of some villain.
That doesn't really feel like a Jasony thing to do though. How would you force him into that situation?

The day that dc give him a solo series will be a greet day for me.

Seriously, why dc still refuse to give him a solo book?

He and the Joker beat each other to death with crowbars and then the building they're in explodes.

True pottery.

A redemption story about how he's really trying to become a better hero but he can't see the limit of the law, trying not to make him so edgy and having him more close to gotham or the bat-family.

We see that Jason is the black sheep of the bat family and he wants to change that

That already happened. It's why he's allowed back in the batfamily

>Seriously, why dc still refuse to give him a solo book?
They probably don't think he can survive on his own or they're using him to quarantine Lobdell and Lobdell's just bringing in the characters he wants to work with.

He needs something to limit him, give him boundaries and rules and stuff, like a job, or a kid or something. Put him in a police force or give him a bastard street rat to look after.

That's why it's suggested to be a villain who sometimes has good intentions. Maybe they talk him into it and don't send on him on outright evil missions, just kind of shady stuff. That would be the core conflict.

Call the arc borrowed time

Death is coming for Jason Todd because he was never supposed to return, He fights it, and tries to bargain by killing more and more as a misguided sacrifice but in the end he accepts it

Then he becomes Spectre or something

Have him kill the Joker at the end of a big Batman arc. Like, a really huge, well-written, Joker's swan song kind of story that will be handled by a much more capable author than me.

Then, the ongoing takes place when Jason has taken over Joker's business. In order to prevent a power vaccum, or have Harley or someone run the thing, Jason claims it.

This puts him at odds with Batman, since now Jason is back to his "you can't stop crime, you can only control it" bit, but now he's less interested in it, but the need for him to be there is greater. He's trapped. Add to that the resentment that Joker's crazy goons feel for him, which would lead to more than a few assassination attempts, but eventually give way to a begrudging respect as he begins to get better and better at his job.

4-issue miniseries having him deal with the fallout of whatever the hell's going on in the Bat-books, whilst still trying to forge his own identity.

There can be a sequel hook at the end; if the book sells well, we can turn it into an ongoing/have another miniseries. If not, we can wrap things up in somebody else's book. Don't worry, I can pass a few notes along to whoever's writing that book - I'm not out to take somebody's job.

I don't think dc are that dumb to think that Jason can't carry a book on his own.

>>Then, the ongoing takes place when Jason has taken over Joker's business.
You really think Joker has organized businesses?

What are the sales looking like at the minute?

Put him back in the ground in the first issue, and then set the series during his Robin days to correct the misconception that he was a "punk, with no skills, just fuled by rage" during his tenure as Robin.

Right now at this moment?
>136 Red Hood Arsenal 16,389

To be fair to user. Joker used to back in the day. He wasn't always a rabid freak in clown paint.

Red Hood still. Slow descent into madness via after effects of the Lazarus pit. Grows increasingly violent. Ditches Roy. Starts having periods of near uncontrollable rage and violence. Focuses his anger on criminals, but his victims become more and more morally ambiguous.

Contact with the rest of the Bat-family is minimal and he will only push them further away as the series goes on. Jason gets so bad that members of the family consider taking him down and locking him in Arkham. Batman is very distant to the whole ordeal. He's still greatly ashamed of letting this happen to Jason and predicting he'd go crazy like Ras does.

Maybe he does get locked in Arkham at one point and we get to see the depravity of the world Batman has created (Possibly inspired by Grant Morrison's Arkham Asylum book)

Maybe at some point he taps into the "We Are Robin" crowd and gets some protegees. No long term partner, it would just be cool to see what that dynamic would look like for a bit. While still hating the wannabe Robins, Damian will come to save them. Not wanting to piss Bruce off (Yet), Jason, although in a fury of rage, stands down.

One problem would be not making him an edgelord. Bring in characters like Dick and Babs when Jason is at his darkest. Have a philosophical beat down with them like the one in the New 52 Nightwing finale? Bloodied fists and ripped up armor, exhaustively fist fighting.

So part Punisher, part Under the Red Hood, and some Grant Morrison-esque introspection about the nature of being an outsider to the Bat-family and the gross amount of hate humans keep locked inside their hearts.

Keep Bruce distant the entire time due to shame.

The shame of not saving saving Jason way back when might not be enough. Maybe Damian starts getting violent too via resurrection after effects, but Bruce discovers only one dose of the cure and gives it to Damian. After this, Bruce realizes he'll have to deal with Jason the hard way.

No idea how all that ends though.

If you are going to keep him in the batfam then he should challenge Bruce more. Batman Eternal, and Batman and Robin Eternal was kind of ridiculous in how tame Jason was. He never even wounded anyone. It's OK if he follows the no kill rule to a point, but then afterwards he should have no qualms in putting down a villain.

Didn't you make this tread last night OP?

Dick can be totally against Jason's excessive violence and killing. Make call backs to Morrison's Batman and RObin where Dick and Jason were nemsises for an arc.

Babs has a small small amount of residual romantic feelings for Jason and is pretty torn, but inevitably sides with Dick.

Tim, Steph, and Cass are tasked with finding a cure and he will resent his situation more and more as Jason keeps getting worse and Tim and Steph keeps failing to find cures.

Damian is on Jason's side in the very very beginning because he wants to tough on crime, but when Jason tries to recruit kids, Damian turns on him.

Jason branches out into other cities and as he does other Justice League members put pressure on Bruce to fix the issue or the League or ARGUS will have to.

Jason gets what he really wants - Bruce's dick

neck break

Jason has a falling out with the bat family. He moves to a new city, cutting connections off with the familia. The problem with bat family books is that most of them are just watered down Batman books. Make Jason actually Punisher max+moonknight. Not violent, but dealing with real issues like mobsters, drug trade and political corruption. Jason is still trying to control crime rather than fighting it. The city sees the reappearance of the long gone red hood gang with it's boss Mr Hood dressed up in the classic red hood costume. Meanwhile, there's a bloodthirsty vigilante in town as well calling himself red hood, wearing the modern red hood costume. Jason's identity as Jason is that as a homeless person in one of the city's corrupt areas to gather information.

Pretty retarded they made Dick the Court of Owls person when Jason would have fit 10,000x better.

Jason doesn't fit that. He was a street urchin and seen a failed robin by the end, while Dick was trained.

What are you even talking about? I was saying hed br a much better fit for being the owls secret chosen one and he could have actually killed to prove his allegiance, unlike Dick who is constantly in question by them cause he wont kill.

>keep the idea of them being heroes for hire
>Actual Bill and Ted esque best friends with Red Arrow (no more of this being a dick to him while RA fawns over him shit)
>Gnarly high fives and bro action
>Patch up shit with the Batfamily, but still disagree with their methods. Rather than making Jason always wrong make him actually capable of pointing out the flaws in Bruce's methods. If push comes to shove he'll work with them for the greater good but he won't kowtow to them.
>Bring back Scarlet in some capacity
>Bring back JD and don't write her as an edgy antagonist (and lose the skinmask)

Basically make it Devil May Cry meets Heroes for Hire.

Dick was chosen before he became Robin, and Owls are getting destroyed anyway.

And I'm saying it was retarded to make Dick and not Jason the chosen one

came here just to say this

>Jason Todd only
>reoccurring characters are Roy and Dick
>maybe Batman and Tim
>more 80s action film style of action and quips and less of Deadpool style of action and quips
>takes care of some "literally who" level of Batman rogue gallery members or D-C Listers
>show more of life in the streets of Gotham instead of the comfy-ness of a mansion/Batcave

He should be a VILLAIN. Yes, he's an "anti-hero", but that's not the type of person Batman tolerates, especially in his city.

Batman should consider Jason his greatest failure in letting him die, and he should feel like Red Hood is not the same person at all, refusing to accept him.

I also think he should essentially be the archenemy of Tim/Red Robin. Jason's legacy was definitely an important theme of Tim's early years as Robin, and Tim would feel that Jason failed Bruce more than Bruce failed Jason.

Where Dick wants to be separate from Batman, and Jason now wants to do what Batman could never do, Tim wants only to be the equal of Batman. The approaches of Jason and Tim are diametrically opposed to each other. Jason would also resent Tim for replacing him as Robin not even a year after his death.

So even though I seem to be describing a Tim solo more than a Jason one, I think it could be told from Jason's perspective, where Tim is helping to keep a broken system alive, while Jason is more like the Punisher.

>Batman should consider Jason his greatest failure in letting him die, and he should feel like Red Hood is not the same person at all, refusing to accept him

Why? Jason is his adopted son and the one whose death drove him to insanity. So, why he shouldn't accepted him especially considering how many times Jason helped the family out without him ever asking their help in return?

And for the last time Jason isn't a villain. He's willing to cross the line, but he still a good-hearted guy with good intentions.

Well it's kind of too late to make Batman disown him now, but I'm saying what I would have done.

Jason routinely breaks Batman's most obsessively held rule, and considering he taught Jason he'd probably feel personally responsible for him going down that path. I feel like Batman just casually ignoring that Jason is a killer is out of character.

Give it to Garth Ennis, and make the DC's version of the Punisher.

>I feel like Batman just casually ignoring that Jason is a killer is out of character

Not really because Batman acting like most fathers would in his situation. He is ignoring Jason's actions out of love and guilt because like you said, he feel responsible for him and what he has been through. And Jason has been through a lot.

>Didn't you make this tread last night OP?
Nah. I was on MFC all last night.

I liked the cop idea that was floating around.

>It's DC
>*hangs up*
>"Pssh...nuthin personnel, DiD.

I am intrigued and aroused.

Arigued?

Honestly, I like it.

Rotating writers sort of like how different episodes of shows get different writers and directors for how the story gets told. It's basically just single issue stories of Todd coming to terms with the fact that he died and came back. What I'd really want to do is write a Azrael mini series.

Kill him off.

Then have him come back as a ghost who only has 99 days left to live, being assigned to rally up fifteen heroes for a war against gigantic monoliths

What would you do with Azzy?

He cuts himself on his edginess and bleeds out

He isn't edgy. He's cute/

Focus on how the Order of Saint Dumas somehow bypassed the eye of Ra's Al Ghul by ingraining itself into several different secret organizations and also making the Azrael title more of a suicide by title when they go off to kill someone so being given the mantle means you pissed a few people up top off and they want you gone.

Raped by Commissioner Gordon then beaten to death with a crowbar.

Weren't Jasonfags also saying he should have been the one to get recruited by Spiral? Do you mofo's have any original ideas?

>Jason as a Spyral agent
I can actually see that working though. Technically Kathy was the first Batfamily member to work for Spiral so it's not like Dick being recruited was totally original.

Nobody has posted it yet, so let me do the honors