Hi Sup Forums, where should I start with comics?

Hi Sup Forums, where should I start with comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

comraderecs.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Which ever one catches your eye

Civil War II
Also, Sakurako is shite

Just read issue #1 with a superhero that interests you. I need to know a mobile app to use to get started myself.

Read up on whatever hero interests you, then get a few TPBs.

TOSHINO KYOUKO!

uh anyone that looks interesting to you, i guess. i'm pretty sure there's no Sup Forums essentials or anything like that, so you're basically on your own.

I quite like She-Hulk's look so I'll check her stories out first I guess.

Any essential Marvel stories from the past couple years I should check out?

there's a list
comraderecs.tumblr.com/

The Unfunnies

There are a ton of Sup Forums lists/ recommended reading images and a lot of out of date places they're hosted

>comraderecs.tumblr.com/
Man, it's been a while since I've seen this.

Yeah OP, this should help, even if it isn't up to date.

if you are reading comics on a phone screen you don't deserve to read them.
alot of work and effort went in to designing and producing those layouts and you are doing the writers and the artists a disservice by looking at them on a screen as big as a cigarette pack
i guess it's not so bad on a tablet, but have some respect for the people that bust their ass to produce this content

Who cares, really. I read my comics on my S7 Edge and I can appreciate the work on the pages just fine.

Her book written by Slott.

Best one is Challenger Comic Viewer by far.

Just read whatever catches your eye.

What're you into?

Coming-of-age stories, high-fantasy stuff, stories featuring a group of friends, romance, if I had to narrow my favorite sort of stuff down.

that seems kinda petty

>Coming-of-age stories, high-fantasy
...Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld?

I used to just say go look at whatever Vertigo is publishing and read whatever sounds interesting. Now I guess you could do that with Image.

Is there any rec list for art books and making your own comic?

Don't recommend Slott before Byrne.

The front page as marked by the front cover would be the traditional point to start.

>I quite like She-Hulk's look
Huh that's...hmm. Well you can go with that, but I'm just going to put on the table it's, well better's not the word but it's not-worse, to consider the things you already like reading/watching in other media and then from there people can suggest similar things that exist in comic format.
Once you figure out which writers and character concepts genuinely appeal to you from that (hopefully) positive experience you can branch out from there by following the writer or well, not necessarily the characters since god knows where and who they go to but whatever themes and concepts they have at certain points or arcs and share with others.

You want Sensational She-Hulk. The John Byrne stuff specifically. There's a large chunk in the middle that he didn't do that's worth reading.