Why should immigrants expect to learn English?

youtube.com/watch?v=yFlxDuNC6OU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zTrBXSwwsdI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

>"people who come to our country don't need to learn how to speak the language that's spoken here"
>proceed to not explain why, just mention multiculturalism
??????

What is that quote from? Was it voted on by Congress?

They don't have to; no one is forcing them.

Good luck getting a decent job, though. lol

I'm surprised she doesn't mention cis white male privilege and how WE should have to learn bean speak.

This PC SJW nonsense needs to stop

I actually agree with this because not learning the native language guarantees that they will segregate and live in poverty due to being unable to get any job outside of whatever microeconomy their slums create.

Great post, OP!

female genocide when?

as soon as we figure out how to reproduce without women and genetically engineer cute boys, women are fucking done for

>we dont have an official language

I hope Trump passes a law that makes English the official language so these libtards cant use that argument anymore.

They're seeking to divide us by making everyone speak a different language. They either dont know how a country is supposed to function or they're trying to ruin everything on purpose.

Commie Jew put it on the statue of Liberty in the 1900's, we were never a melting pot until 1965 when they subverted our immigration laws.

It's a flawed argument anyways. The US not having a national language is a states' rights issue, not a "muh melting pot" issue. There isn't one national official language because the states have the right to decide for themselves what they want their official language(s) to be. I mean I think it's pretty fair that Hawaii gets to pay tribute to their history by having Hawaiian as one of their official state languages, having one national language would take that away from them.

The majority of states have English as an official language though and, here's the real kicker, there is an English language requirement on the test for naturalized citizenship. So clearly the US government still considers the English language a part of the American identity.

They should learn English not only because it is the primary language used in the US, but it's also used world wide as a trade language.
There are more non-native English speakers than there are native ones globally.

If I move to another country I'll learn the fucking language, how hard is that?

>blah blah blah they're speaking english better than you speak their language
He e apгyмeнт

> they come here for a better life for their kids

You know how easy it is to not have fucking kids? This is why I hate children. People actually think I should give a fuck about a kid that's not my blood.

Sans Lingua Franca, America will be turn asunder, and then it shall be free from whites.

>genetically engineer cute boys
No, only girls who don't grow into women. Use machines for making babby and keep girls for fun.

Further development

that's pretty disgusting and morally reprehensible user

Ugh things like this give me urges to bring back britbong style colonialism laws. Defy our culture and we shall hang you worthless inferior race rats.

Even fake countries like Belgium have official languages.

>Somewhere down your own family line was someone who did the same
Yeah, the difference is they learned to fucking speak english.

>we are the melting pot of the world
>we do not have an official language
>shared via BuzzFeed

Is this one of those people who are going to migrate to Canada when Trump wins?

Because the majority of US citizens speak and write English as their primary language from childhood.

Its a practical issue, if you dont speak or read this worldwide trade language then its going to be hard for somebody to help you.

It is a worldwide trade language at this point too, so there's no reason why people shouldn't learn it.

there is a word for a multilingual polity-empire. you have to be about that life.

How?

You can't expect to have a productive discussion with a moron, especially a woman.

>first person clearly states he doesn't care what people do in their free time, only that in public function they should speak the common language
>SJW goes on rant that he should respect what people do in their free time and that she will speak to him in her dialect out of spite

Because all of our legal proceedings are in english. Our rules are written in english. 99.99% of our country can speak english. It may not be an official language, but for fucks sake, it makes everyone's lives just a little easier if you can speak just a little bit of english.

Believe me. I was on a jury where all the witnesses were only spanish speaking. It took four hours to figure out just one of the witnesses was fucking useless. It went on 30+ times. I lost track.

Point is, if you cannot understand english to the level of legal proceedings, you are an inconvenience to the united states. It is just a simple matter of fact.

>be a minority that doesn't learn the language (dindu, mudshit)
>live a shitty life in a ghetto with your equally shitty countrymen
>be a minority that does (or atleast tries to) learn the language (white Europeans, East Asians)
>integrate and do better in society , so well infact that liberals no-longer defend or consider you as a PoC
Really makes you think

You mean robowaifus with artificial wombs

When I used to work at little Caesars when I was 17 all the Mexicans would immediately come up to me and speak Spanish. Why do they assume all Mexican Americans speak Spanish? If you come here you need to learn English.

I mean I do know spanish fluently, but I would pretend I didn't just to be an asshole

can someone with a background in linguistics address the argument that english is one of the hardest languages to learn. surely it's a relative challenge - and a grade easier for say spanish speakers than i don't know polish people i guess due to the presence of so many latin-based words

>if you immigrate to quebec, you're expected to know english or french
>if you somehow slipped in and don't know either, you HAVE to send your kids to french school to learn french and become quebecois
>literal government policy is you can be served in the language of your choice, but actual cultural policy is that if someone talks to you in english or french, it's your job to understand what the fuck they just said
quebec wins again

t. anglophone

>"Mr Prime Minister/President, our economy has been steadily decreasing ever since we stopped pushing for/requiring immigrants to learn the national language."
>"But that's impossible, we're a melting pot nation, all are welcome in our country and as we all know diversity is a strength. What kind of businesses are failing?"
>"Basically everything sir, software, engineering, fashion, automotives, basic retail, transportation, music, television, mining, arms, the list goes on!"
>"This needs to be a top priority, organise some PR sessions with local workers who are affected by this at once, we need to figure this out."
>later that week
>"So tell me, why do you think the economy, your industry included, has been failing in recent years?"
>"ذ لكل صفحة شرسة الأوروبية, كل بقصف المحيط لان. تحت وحلفاؤها التنازلي تم. مئات القادة واندونيسيا، أما أي, من بعض بتطويق التاريخ،. الجوي التكاليف قد الى, والكوري الموسوعة لكل من."

This is the the final solution to the roastie question

English is litterally the easiest language to learn. Their are a few grammar tricks, but those exist in any language. English is one of the few languages where you can throw words at all wall and almost anyone will understand it

Immigrant here, my mom speaks english but it's with a heavy accent and not as fluent as me.
Not a problem.

You're creating an underclass of sex slaves

this post triggers me

I like that first black haired asian chick
MUH DICK

because we need to communicate you dumb bitch

>Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Que?

What the fuck is this argument? I mean even people in countries where English isn't the primary language, they get taught English to a considerable degree.

Heck, even when they aren't taught it well, some of them learn online via games/forums/message boards etc.

If you don't want to learn English, don't go to an English speaking country, stick to your own country.

As an immigrant to the US I have to say, without a doubt, that these fucks should learn English.

Making the jump from Afrikaans to English wasn't easy but doable.

They just want to be fucking lazy.

shit tier taste alija

Fucking THIS

Somewhere down the line my ancestors also learned fucking English you dumb cunt.

If I move to South Korea then I should speak Koeran because that's the language the citizens of that country mainly use.

If I move to Russia then I should speak Russian because that's the language the citizens of that country mainly use.

If I move to Italy then I should speak Italian because that's the language the citizens of that country mainly use.

If I move to Japan I should speak Japanese because that's the language the citizens of that country mainly use.

Fuck off.

Because it's the most used language and if you expect to have a business or go to one for goods/services, if you can't communicate you shouldn't be given the time of day

YEA WE SHOULD LEARN ALL OF THEIR LANGUAGES!

Alienating spics is a federal issue, I assure you.

always remember, America was never white - White people never paid taxes and spoke English for generations -

Underrated post

I find this SJW obsession with convenient technicalities like "well AKSHUALYY we don't have an official language so THERE you racist" when their normal discourse is 100% opposed to facts.

Using "we don't have an official language" inherently implies that they are attempting to displace english as our de facto official language. They're not even pretending that they're not trying to subvert the US anymore.

>America was never white
WE WUZ NATIVES N SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Now Tyreese, you weren't. Now fuck off back to the plantation where you belong, there's a good nigger cotton picker.

i think we should just make english the national language

My dad speaks with a heavy Russian accent but he at least knows the language and even reads literature in English

>muh tired muh poor
That poem was written by a kike. It's not the constitution of the fucking country.

bit rayciss of her.

I feel for those kids.

I don't speak arabic and my father speaks bad danish. It's fucking weird.

>it's screenshot of a little girl sharing her naive opinions on facebook thread

Maybe because you more than likely look like a cross between Pancho Villa and la India Maria. And you know damn fucking well why they assumed you speak spanish dumbass. It's like a Korean American who lives a in a Korean neighborhood asks why all the Koreans there assume he speans Korean. That is how retarded you sound pendenjo

What about the Francophones in Louisiana and Maine?

Kind of agree. My Chinese gf's whole family except her can't speak English but they manage fine because they only serve Chinese people in their store and only have Chinese friends. They're non-degenerate and the best possible immigrants though because they work hard.

Speaking as an immigrant, fuck these people. Also, if you can't speak English in the [current year], you're a fucking subhuman.

who cares?

>Francophones

People can speak whatever fucking language they want to their friends. The national language is, and always should be English.

I work in a hospital

I see children coming in with parents all the time who cant speak english so the kids have to translate

Had a ten year old girl translating for her mid forties mother the other day

Fucking lazy first gem scrum using their kids as a crutch what a fucking embarrassment

Kek. This.

So this is what acceptance of status as a colony looks like. I bet you're proud of having a Chinese gf because the Chinese are the first class and New Zealanders are the second class citizens.

I do, and I'm sure they do too. In both cases, they're the descendants of the first Europeans to settle in those regions.

English is the dominant language of the world. And America is the dominant English-speaking country. It's disgraceful that English isn't our official language.

They should consider suicide? Idk who cares

"French speaking" north Americans like Quebecois can never even speak proper fucking French in the first place, any honest Frenchman will tell you this

But shouldn't they be able to educate their kids in French?

>English is not an easy language
Kek, is she serious?

First gen scum*

Since when is the accent of Parisian homos the gold standard?

KIKED AMERICA

(((Melting Pot)))

>The melting pot is a metaphor for a heterogeneous society becoming more homogeneous, the different elements "melting together" into a harmonious whole with a common culture. It is particularly used to describe the assimilation of immigrants to the United States. The melting-together metaphor was in use by the 1780s. The exact term "melting pot" came into general usage in the United States after it was used as a metaphor describing a fusion of nationalities, cultures and ethnicities in the 1908 play of the same name by (((Israel Zangwill)))

(((The New Colossus)))

> "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door by (((Emma Lazarus)))

For what purpose? They live in an English-speaking country.

If they want to learn both languages, then fine, whatever.

I recommend listening to what E. Michael Jones says about the old ethnic America vs. the melting pot abomination:

youtube.com/watch?v=zTrBXSwwsdI

>she had to work to survive so she had no time and energy to dedicate to learning English
So what was the point of this shitty video?

They've been speaking French since before there was a United States. Why obligate them to be a part of the larger culture? Are you against the Amish speaking German too?

But they should. It's a detriment to everyone around them and an embarrassment when they can't speak the native language fluently. You gain nothing from this blind sense of pride for your ignorance.

wow super cool.
if they want to interact with the rest of society they can learn english

kind of like they probably already fucking have to

Dude. If an immigrant is a based hard working person who doesn't bring crime then who cares?

Yeah, I am proud because she was a virgin and hadn't even found another guy attractive before me. I hit the fucking jackpot.

Americans, you're going to have to start learning Spanish. It'll take over as the language of the common man in America.

immigrants should learn english so they can:

1. get a job
2. get a bank account
3. get a car/house loan
4. get medical insurance (including state insurance)
5. get SNAP
6. get an education (so they can get a better job)

my parents came here on a fucking boxcar, they refurbished tires and lived like total shit until he could speak enough english to understand all the court papers they were given. They didn't even know how to enroll me in school, I just showed up and the school did it themselves

This is sad. If your attitude is common, New Zealand is doomed.

Like I said, they can speak whatever language they want.

But if their life is somehow hindered because they can't communicate in English, then that's their own problem for not learning the national language.

Foreigners aren't entitled to be catered to.

I'd hardly call French Americans or the Amish foreigners, they've been there a very long time and the French Americans were there before the US was.

It's not the same as giving your land away to Mexicans and letting them live in their language.

EVERY FUCKING TIME

We should not offer services in any other language. If you want to move to a nation, you should learn the language of that nation.

My parents came as refugees in the 80's to germany from poland, it wasn't a good life there if you're from german decent, my father worked minimum wage and learnd the language in less than a year he took all classes he could to get it done faster

My mother stayed at home with us and lost her engineering degree but was able to learn it in about 2 years

Im just gonna quote my mother
"You don't know how embarrassing it is if you have 3 little children that are sick and you can't tell the doctor what's wrong"

That's why you learn thr language to communicate if you're unable to comprehend this you're Literly trash

isnt that picture communism at its finest.
Literally everyone is equal and has the same thing

>Why should immigrants be expected to learn the common tongue of the land they wish to live in?
at this point they want to be outcasts

Yeah because you achived so much with that mentality in the uk
>no go zones
>rise in criminality
>Rotterdam

Sure m8 tell me more about your thought out plans

English is the language of the United States. Either learn it or don't.

If you choose not to, don't claim ignorance when you run into problems later down the road.

>America doesn't have a national language
>almost every job requires you to speak English
>been speaking English since America was formed
>Every single important speech and document has been writen in English

Wew. Just because we have people speaking other languages doesn't mean we don't have a national language.

But do you think they should be allowed to have French or Amish towns where the signs and everything is in their own language or their own language plus English?