Storytime of Pain & Knuckles

PART 4

In this issue: MICROWAVE THE FUCKING BABY, IT'S FUCKING TIME.

Part 1 (Issues 1-8)
Part 2 (Issues 9-15)
>84686318
Part 3 (Issues 16-24)

I know I fucked up the 2nd link but I don't CAAAAAAAAARE

I'm glad I didn't miss the microwaving.

OH SHID IDS HABBENING

>MMZ comic

That's the one where he's about as out of character for Zero as you can get, right? I've never had the pleasure of reading that. But I did read HUEga Man. What a fucking shitshow.

>Also true, Boom did fall flat a lot, but I still enjoyed it because it was a nice breather between issues of the regular books and was pretty funny at times

Eggman was fucking great in it. For all the shit I give him, Ian always did a great Eggman.

>The X comics were a lot better than the actual show and honestly i can't not like a comic with Luchador Eggman

And the fact that Chris was an actual supporting character and not the main character like he is in the anime. Also the comic in general had a much more laid back approach to it and no super serious "chris saevs teh wurld!!1!" moments.

This is the worst fucking thing

>That's the one where he's about as out of character for Zero as you can get, right? I've never had the pleasure of reading that. But I did read HUEga Man. What a fucking shitshow.
Yes. It's really fucking bad. Surprisingly, I haven't read BR Mega Man or Dreamwave yet, but I plan to. But the Zero manga is fucking cancer and one of the only things I despise as much as Penders' run on Archie Sonic
>And the fact that Chris was an actual supporting character and not the main character like he is in the anime. Also the comic in general had a much more laid back approach to it and no super serious "chris saevs teh wurld!!1!" moments.
If only the actual show was like that.... if only.

This entire issue really shows how warped Penders' perception of a healthy father-son relationship is

That last page reminded me that the arc after this is the fucking worst arc in this entire comic

BOARDING

SCHOOL

Oh, just a heads up, I'll probably be taking a break around an hour before the party starts (6 PST), but we'll see how things play out IF the announcement is later than I think, then I'll keep going

>>The X comics were a lot better than the actual show
I mean, sometimes sure, but X had some comic issues that are almost Many Hands bad.

I wonder how many pages of exposition exist in this fucking series. I'd wager it takes up at least half of the comics
Oh absolutely (The flying Amy issue comes to mind immediately), but overall the X comics never really pissed me off as much as the show did at points

Only during the first ten or so issues. I'd argue that the second half of X's run is among Ian's best work.

>I haven't read BR Mega Man

It's a wild fucking ride. I think someone storytimed it on Sup Forums, so if you really wanted to torture yourself you could do that some time.

>Dreamwave

Ehhh. From what I've read it's a shittier version of Ian's comic and Mega Man (aka "Rocky") goes to school with regular human kids.

>If only the actual show was like that.... if only.

What kills me is that the pilot was pretty much exactly that. I think it also took place on Sonic's world because there weren't any humans, only anthros. But I guess some executive was like "This is nice and all, but where's the kid protagonist? We need the kids to able to identify with someone!"

They'll probably wait til the very end. Can't wait to see how spergy the chat is gonna be.

There were some real stinkers yeah. Overall though it was a vast improvement from the anime. Not that it's saying much, but I like to give credit where credit is due.

As a young'un I actually shipped her and Knuckles.

How foolish I was.

>Ehhh. From what I've read it's a shittier version of Ian's comic and Mega Man (aka "Rocky") goes to school with regular human kids.
Yeah, I've heard how bad it is, and that the cartoon's taking inspiration from it. I still want to read it to see how bad it is. I'll gladly track down BR Mega MAn because what I have seen is fucking insane

I don't get this. They say this is the reason why Guardians had to go off on their own from then on, but wouldn't it make more sense for this to be the reason they should be paired up, or have someone keep a closer eye on them?
We all make mistakes.

0-100 in like two pages. Why the fuck did Mr. Knuckles run if he was going to be like "oh maybe I should talk to him" just a few steps later?

Glad I stopped reading before this bullshit, and I was only exposed to the early bullshit.

HAD A BAD DREAM

Galan tries so hard to make Rembrandt's tragedy look genuine, but there's no way you can make that outfit look like something anybody would wear.

I KNOW WHAT I GOTTA DO

BETTER MICROWAVE THE BABY

D'aww, Knuckles actually looks cute here.

This is fucking terrible

Why the fuck am I even doing this?

>You were meant to be a mutant! And it worked! Yay!

>cartoon

Don't remind me. I hope it's not just Ben 10: Mega Man Edition.

Writing aside... I actually like Knuckles' 25YL look. ...It's that fucking hat, alright? I just like the hat. Don't judge me.

>that second panel

I'm fucking dying.

Father of the fucking year!

So who wants some ROMANCE?

And now, for no reason, here's Knuckles fighting Godzilla.

This may be the last issue I do for now. Either this or the next issue.

>Eat This!

Sounds appetizing.

Actually, quick break to grab a bite so I don't have to go out later

Oh fuck- I think I actually bought this one as a kid.

What on earth was I thinking? They must have been out of the Sonic comic or something.

What's this "party" everyone keeps talking about?

9pm eastern. Sonic 25th anniversary party where the new game is announced.

God help me this cringe is too much.

I really liked this series when I was younger. I can tell that it's garbage now, but for some reason I have this fondness for it.

Sorry for the hold up. As I said earlier ,this will probably be the last issue I do for today, as the party is fast approaching

Oh shit! I forgot this issue introduces another new character, except this one's actually kind of sort of important in the main comics

>Soultouch

Theres something incredibly disturbing about this concept.

This was the exact moment I realized that this comic sucked. Took me long enough.

Specifically, it was the point where the feeling that the echidnas were a Mary-Sue race became undeniable. Thankfully, I was able to preserve my sanity by pretending the whole "soultouch" thing was an echidna superstition with no basis in reality.

I get more "I didn't want to actually put effort into developing Knuckles and Julie-Su's chemistry so I asspulled a way to have them get together without actually developing them" from that
Wait, the microwaves didn't turn you off, or the endless exposition?

So this is basically how "the talk" went Pender's son, right?

Well, considering Locke is based off of Penders' dad, I'd say this is actually how PENDERS got the talk

Ye gods, this art...

It gets worse. Believe me, it gets so, SO much worse

>Well, considering Locke is based off of Penders' dad,

Wait, I was just joking. Are you telling me this drama bullshit with Knuckles' parents is just an allegory for Penders' own personal issues with his parents? This is fucking webcomic tier writing.

Literally fucking who?

Compared to what we've had and will get, this art is bretty gud.

Still trash as fuck though.

Locke is obviously bullshitting.

Otherwise his wife couldn't have remarried.

>Literally fucking who?
I.... think it was a tie into something else Archie was doing. I don't know
>Wait, I was just joking. Are you telling me this drama bullshit with Knuckles' parents is just an allegory for Penders' own personal issues with his parents? This is fucking webcomic tier writing.
Yes. In fact, Penders outright said on his Twitter that Locke was based on his own father, and a story in M25YL is dedicated to him and his battle with cancer.

>mfw motherfucking teleporting ant

ANTS

Oh hey, a backup with one of the only semi likeable characters in this comic, nice.

Oh hi R63 Nack

Actually fuck it, I'll bang out one more issue. Won't take that long anyways and I got time to kill

Is Archie even trying anymore?

Oh hi Fiona
You're implying Penders ever fucking TRIED

Ohhhh, I get it.

Its the old arcade game.

Yeah. It's kind of weird for Penders to acknowledge any of the games, since he's outright admitted to playing none of them

>Yes. In fact, Penders outright said on his Twitter that Locke was based on his own father, and a story in M25YL is dedicated to him and his battle with cancer.

I went from mad to sad.

Okay now I'm mad again. Fuck OFF Penders.

Would you Nic the weasel?

Why is he wearing a fedora though?

I have a lot of questions.

Art by Chris Allan?!?!?

Penders: Hmm, I need a good female villain for those sweet brownie points...

Ehh, I'll just make Nack the Weasel with breasts, that'll do.

Yup.

Onto the final issue for now. Or possibly for the night, depending on how things go

THAT Chris Allan?

>PRO ART

sensible chuckle.gif

Three whole months of this garbage. I don't know how we coped as kids.

How the hell does she know this guy? She's been in the Dark Legion until a couple days ago.

Echidna magic

Knuckles dropping his spaghetti would be endearing if it were written by anyone but Penders.

Also, the Sonic Twitch channel just went live, for anyone who wants to watch what I assume is the preshow shit.