What's the most villainous thing a hero has done?

What's the most villainous thing a hero has done?

Wally did nothing wrong

Tony got everyone in LA hooked on drugs.

If we're talking superior, spidey straight up shot that dude in the face when he was already beaten

Batman shot Lord Death Man into space for him to spend eternity in a vicious cycle of life and death.

what is it with wally and trapping speedsters in fates worse than deaths

Inertia deserved it, Savitar wanted it and it was the only solution to Zoom.

Still though, just fucking kill them. they will come back eventually and this is way worse

>2
lol yeah, Intertia certainly deserved death.

More than Thawne even and Barry went through with that.

>Would have rendered an entire planet uninhabitable just to get home
>Locked someone at the bottom of the ocean and tortured them for months out of pure spite
>She's an innocent flower who dindu nuffin
If Jasper is still treated unsympathetically when she re-appears the hypocrisy will be really annoying.

Lord Death Man couldn't die so Batman locked him in a safe and shot him into space.

Barry Allen, destroy three universes.

Iron Man, go full Hitler once.

Spider-man, killed his girlfriend (accidentally) and punched his pregnant wife.

Thor, took over the world and killed every hero, only to retcon it himself later on.

I can't remember if it was a cartoon or a book or something, but there was a villain who wouldn't die so they buried him in a coffin forever. That's fucking horrifying.

They did that on Heroes. Not sure if it was the instance you were thinking of.

They eventually dug him out and he got killed by a power-stealing villain one episode later.

Nah, I think it was something else.

Not really a hero though.

None of her actions were THE most villainous thing, but the fact that they were portrayed as heroic was really bizarre.

>black bolt
>Sent people on suicide missions some of witch were teens
>when chasing down the skrulls he indiscriminately killed anything in his way
>t-bomb 1 destroyed planets and ripped a giant hole in the universe that let the cancerverse in
>t-bomb 2 wiped out tons of people such people around the explosion, inhumans left in attilan, nuhumans that died during terrigenisis, and the muggas

I remember that, it was next episode, about 500 years in the later. Locked in the coffin, then dug up and killed for his power.

Although they kind of deserve if for kidnapping his infant son and holding a sword to his throat.

Bishop murdered billions of people to unsuccessfully murder one specific baby.

Parallax trying to remake the universe probably counts

Iron Man.

thats gonna be a shitty 100 years in the museum when he blinks

damn

All they really did was shoot the Hulk into space and gather the Infinity Gems.
The former was a good idea that they fucked up royally (they were supposed to be sending him to a garden planet with no people), and the latter wasn't a bad idea at all.
Their problem was that they could never agree on anything BUT those two things.

They exist

Evil evil evil
Heroes don't sneak around and do sneaky things for the greater good

really liking rebirth, thank you DC.

Whats this from?

I know he's technically a hero, but I don't think that Lex should count.

The Authority begs to differ

I'd say selling his marriage to the devil is at least 10 times more villainous that killing Stormin' Norman..

The Authority was never a paragon of morality nor were they comprised of authority figures in the realm of justice

Spidey has serious anger issues, black suit or not. Go read the original Sin-Eater Arc, he beats the guy so badly that he's left a cripple and Daredevil is like "okay this is getting a little bit out of hand"

He's a good boy.

>James Bond
>not a hero

Still heroes that saved their earth multiple times and multiple other earths.

There are different standards

When the Illuminati started doing those things they stopped being in superhero comics and started being cheap sci-fi dramas.
Those characters have been blackened by the existence of the Illuminati and those events and the way they were written to handle them

they sure don't make em like they used to

Hulk caused the ship to go off course

James Corrigan as the Spectre killed an entire country.

Black bolt, namor, beast, and tony are paragons of mortality?

Beast is not an original.
Black Bolt and Tony did nothing wrong at the time (not the tony who killed a shitton of people)

Namor is the only shitter but he was the only one in the initial lineup who did not have the reputation of 'great heroic guy you can depend on and follow'

>punched his pregnant wife
That was also an accident. In context, he was full of rage over clone bullshit and simply reacted to MJ getting too close to him.

I mean, still a shitty thing, but not a contender for most villainous. Spider-Man himself has done worse, like ripping off someone's face with his wall-crawling power.

>like ripping off someone's face with his wall-crawling power.
That bitch deserved what she got and you know it.

Didn't he beat up rhino when he was just visiting his grandmother's grave?

What's that old saying about low hanging fruit?

Hurr durr God's vengeance.

Superman sure is killing a lot of innocent people in Injustice just because they are making him mad.

To be fair, that Superman is just a cruel dictator now.

>Thor, took over the world and killed every hero, only to retcon it himself later on.

Holy fuck, when did that happen

It was a cool moment but that makes no sense, his power is entirely electromagnetic, not glue

He's an overemotional mess of a human being with terrible temper.

Heh

>Locked someone at the bottom of the ocean and tortured them for months out of pure spite
Wrong. Locked someone away at the bottom of the ocean in a shared cage of terrible ego pain to prevent them from hurting her friend.

Lots of better ones in this thread but honorable mention goes to that time Cable purposefully empowered Apocalypse to give people an external threat to unite against

if his eyes take 100 years to blink he can move just very slowly.
i can imagine over millions of years him working his way towards salvation

>Would have rendered an entire planet uninhabitable just to get home
yes
no it was to keep the earth safe

it makes me wonder why everybody calls pym a wifebeater there was nothing domestic about that slap he was angry and would have lashed out at whoever was in the room.

>he tries running forward
>makes it one foot over the course of centuries
>the night janitor suddenly notices he's off center and places him back in the center of the pedestal

sure but eventually the museum will crumble and the apocalips will hit.

>Wally pays Booster Gold to give Inertia the Ted Kord treatment

Sure, Barry resets the universe on a whim and everyone's just "That's Barry for you", Hal tries to do it right and suddenly he's the bad guy.

Well, as is always the case when you're being compared to The Flash, Hal simply took too long doing it.

Wait I don't remember... Kuvira had that whole "Unify everyone for the Greater Good (whether you want to or not)" Suyin did a failed night attack at the city she lost to Kuvira? What was so bad about that?

its one of those things that started as a joke but people who did not know any better picked it up and ran with it. meme magic did the rest.

>What was so bad about that?
she was a punk kid, who stole money ran with pirates/criminals and scared her sister. her mom favored her over said sister. bei did everything right in her life but ended up lonely and bitter while suyin went on a dick riding adventure of crime, found enough gold to start a city, has a pet husband and moderately good children.She learned nothing and reflecting on nothing, she is basically the embodiment of how unfair life can be.

And Lin has to make up with her, not the other way around. And has to make up with her mother, who also selfishly wanted her back in her life without ever providing any sort of relationship in return. Only a token gesture of her father's name, who's probably already dead.

Lin had a hard life.

>to prevent them from hurting her friend
>to keep the earth safe
Dude. That same enemy just got her ass beat by ONE gem. And now there were 4.5 gems all ready to kick her shit in, AND she was injured. There was no way Jasper would've won that fight, especially considering her only recourse left was begging her own prisoner to fuse- something she'd earlier completely laughed at. Jasper had already been defeated. Lapis was just being spiteful.

Oh yeah that. Yeah she was egotistical and karma never seemed to catch up with her (well her kid turned against her but that seemed pretty minor). Bei was a true hero though. I think it demonstrates more that the path of the hero is a hard, selfless and sometimes thankless one.

>I think it demonstrates more that the path of the hero is a hard, selfless and sometimes thankless one.
could it not have been demonstrated otherwise? I mean we saw that with how things worked out with tenzin so did we need korra to drop to her knees and suck Suyin's cock while everyone acts like Bei is a mean bitch for not wanting Suyin's happiness rubbed in her face?

They started Secret Invasion.

instead of saying that Bei had a reason to be mad they just painted it like she was her own obstacle and onlything stopping reconciliation. Suyin's to me was like those shitty anime charcers that go "well did not you consider how your prefect behavior and kindness would put pressure on me"

Nothing is really *needed* in a story... but I get your point. I do think there's something worthwhile about telling a story where people doesn't always get their just desserts, where unfair things happen. It's like game of thrones; sometimes good people have bad things happen to them, and sometimes bad people have good things happen to them. It's less satisfying (and totally kills my justice-boner) but it does reflect reality better I think.

He wasn't a hero at the time.

Im not asking "was it needed" Im saying it was a shitty way to handle it. it came off less like a heroes struggle and more like the world saying the hero is wrong.I also did not mind her not getting her just deserts, what annoyed me is how all of bei's friends and the whole korra team acted like bei was in the wrong. I mean when you take your friends to a town full of strangers (friends whos lives you have saved more than once) it is logical to expect that they will have your back or that you yourself will call them out on it but nope, they just rolled out opal

Or that time he sold the soul of his unborn daughter to te Devil!

Yeah it could have been written a lot better. Same thing with Amon's story arc. Nothing was resolved. Non-benders still live in a world where a subset of the population has built in fire-arms that they can use with little repercussion, and if they try and learn ways to protect themselves (chi-blocking and engineering) it's seen as evil.

Lold

like pedo hal with Arisia

>Lapis was just being stupid
ftfy

>Yeah it could have been written a lot better.
sums up the whole show.
>Amon's story arc
non of the antagonists got a good resolution

Goddamit, the rage is coming back. This is the exact reason why I dropped this shit halfway through book 3.