>I'm alive to see Starro in live action

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-dpgng9lvc4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good fucking lord yes

Is that stop motion?

Holy shit.

Is this from a trailer?

This is like a Giffen/DeMatteis comic come to life.

Did the episode leak?
Because i really want to see it.

claymation

So is she his ex or something? Why the stink eye?

somebody stop the starfish rape monster!

Looks like i have to watch this show now. Thank you cereal lord

What show?

Powerless

Oh, I saw that in OP's filename, but I thought that was the epsidoe title, I have no idea what Powerless is.

IGN (lol) review is up
>At San Diego Comic-Con this week, NBC debuted the pilot to their new DC Comics-based comedy, Powerless.

>With DC live-action adaptations already broken up into several unconnected universes -- the movies, the CW/Greg Berlanti-produced shows and Gotham among them -- Powerless adds yet another to the list with its depiction of a world positively jam-packed with DC heroes. There’s no chance this is happening in either the movie or CW series universes, as this is a world where Hawkman is on the cover of Rolling Stone, where you might suspect your coworker is Green Lantern, and where Wonder Woman’s exploits are a commonality.

>Vanessa Hudgens stars as Emily Locke, who works at an insurance company who specialize in superhero-related claims. When her kindly boss is killed in – you guessed it – a superhero battle, Emily is none to happy to meet his replacement, Teddy (Alan Tudyk). Coldhearted and exploitive, every move Teddy makes infuriates Emily, who begins to push back hard.

>Ultimately, Powerless is a workplace comedy – with the added twist of the amazing world it takes place in. The idea here is to focus on the normal office folk in a world where Superman might fly by the window, which is rather wonderfully illustrated (literally) in the opening titles, which take famous DC Comics covers and shift the focus to those people in the background watching the big fights take place. And yes, DC got one up on Marvel here by getting this show on the air before the similarly themed Damage Control got beyond the development stage.

>The cast are all likable, with Hudgens providing an appropriately plucky protagonist, surrounded by skilled comic actors in the form of Tudyk and the likes of Danny Pudi, Christina Kirk, and Kate Micucci as Emily’s’s coworkers. (Ron Funches will join the series as a cast member in the second episode).

>The jokes are frequent and while they don't all work, plenty of them are good. I found myself laughing out loud more than once, and Powerless’ humor has a slight edge to it that’s appreciated, such as when Teddy’s insistence on standing desks -- because it’s healthier -- is backed by the line, “Every time you sit down, you might as well be smoking crack.” And another bit about Aquaman is rather notably lewd.

>DC Comics fan meanwhile should enjoy a bevy of references to established characters from the comics, ranging from the most famous of superheroes and villains to some incredibly obscure ones. And there are a couple of amusing visuals, showing faces (and creatures) DC fans will recognize, all while the main characters go about trying to live their life, seeing these superheroes through a mixture of fame and tediousness.

it's about an insurance company in the DC universe

>The Verdict
>The ho-hum trailer for Powerless shown at the Upfronts in May (which wasn’t released publicly) didn’t do this show justice. While it’s not an out of the gate laugh riot, it’s very endearing and amusing and has me looking forward to seeing where it can go, now that the pilot got the “here is our concept/character conflicts” set-up out of the way. I do wonder if some of the references are perhaps a bit too inside baseball for a mainstream audience, but as a comic book geek, it was hard not to be entertained. While it has a couple of awkward moments, it still arrives with a nicely established, quirky worldview that provides a lot of potential moving forward.

>Powerless will debut on NBC midseason during the 2016-2017 TV season.

I have to give it a try just because they dared going for Starro.

If you see a mian character with a spore on his face I'm giving the first season a chance no matter what.

Starro gives everyone the stink-eye, it's like his whole thing

>With DC live-action adaptations already broken up into several unconnected universes -- the movies, the CW/Greg Berlanti-produced shows and Gotham among them -- Powerless adds yet another to the list with its depiction of a world positively jam-packed with DC heroes. There’s no chance this is happening in either the movie or CW series universes, as this is a world where Hawkman is on the cover of Rolling Stone, where you might suspect your coworker is Green Lantern, and where Wonder Woman’s exploits are a commonality.
Why do this read passive agressive?
Is the multiverse too much for these people?

I'm only going to give it a watch for Tudyk and Pudi.

I'm really worried. Everything about this feels like a recipe for badness.

fag

fake...

>shots fired

Wait, why does the fact that Starro looks like a shitty special effect out of B movie make me actually WANT to see whatever this is?

thats not bad clearly the budget wasent high but not bad
whats this

i think i remember when this was first announced Sup Forums hated it.

i was optimistic though and if it has fucking starro im fucking hype now

I really feel they could have made Starro at least one of the villains of the Justice League movie instead of jumping into the fourth world stuff.

probably because if they had gone all out on the budget they would have fucked up the design here we at least have a decent design.

although im surprised they went with such a small starro i would have expected something more the size he was in brave and the bold

it really should have been normies have decent knowledge of him from having a 2 episode arc on brave and the bold.
oh i wonder if this show will have B'wana Beast i dont think he appeared at all in the new 52

>implying anyone that any of the normies that worship the edgy Batman that's portrayed in film would actually watch any episode of B&TB.
They'd be more like to have heard of him from his appearance in Arkham Knight.

i really need to play the newer arkham games i have only played the first 2.

do you mean starro is in it or b'wana beast

>i really need to play the newer arkham games i have only played the first 2.
I'd recommend them both. People shit on Origins and Knight, but I enjoyed both. Knight's on-foot gameplay is excellent and the driving isn't that bat (imo).

>do you mean starro is in it or b'wana beast
If we're being specific, it's probably just a b'wana (it's very small), but everyone called him Starro when he appeared (it's not actually specified though). It's just an easter egg, but he makes a full in game appearance (that's actually quite creepy), so that's cool.

>Bat
Kek. Bad*

Ayo hold up why is she holding a dildo?

>Wonder Woman smashed his car- can we write that off as an Act of God?

i could see big arguments over if new gods count as gods until eventually Orion has to come in and say yes we are gods but thats not what a fucking act of god means anyway.

Do you honestly think Zack "mature movies for mature people such as myself" Snyder would have a giant starfish monster as the main bad guy in one of his movies?
Like, BvS had a main villain who was a clone of a Kryptonian stabilised with human DNA. That to me says "Bizarro" rather than "Doomsday" but Bizarro is way too silly a character for Zack the Hack. Same with Starro.

>Doomsday was a clone
Wasn't he a mutation of Zod with some of Lex's DNA in him?

im pretty sure thinking it was to silly was the reason
he changed the watchmen ending

the thing is its meant to be silly thats the point.
i can understand not realizing that at first i dident notice until i thought about how silly it was but it took me a few seconds from this bit was silly to the realization thats intentional

synder had months to think it over

the squid is multi-layered

Motherfucking this.

Fuck Snyder.

well yeah i suppose there were other things to it
but sillyness was part of the point and im sure thats why they ditched it.

honestly the main reason i even watched the film was to see it in all its live action glory. like the only reason anybody went to see enders game was for the climax.

I will always fantasise about a Man of steel movie in which at th end, superman is fighing Zod, then begins to rip off his armor, when suddenly we see a big orange sized red Eyeball popup from underneath the chest plate briefly, superman is stunned long enough for him to let go of Zod's chest plate, then Zod starts fucking smaking his shit up but ultimately he puts him in the phantom zone. Then all the normies would be like "what the fuck was that eyeball?" and all the comic nerds would be losing it "Oh man! Zod was being controlled by Starro! Was he even in control on krypton too! Holy Shit!"

>Starro on the chest
>not on the face
stop

gave me a hearty chuckle

That would have been a shit cop out and made Zod look like even more a bitch.

Well sign me the fuck up.

I love Starro and I love stories about people trying to live in a world run by superheroes and the crossover events which drive them.

I am so glad you're not in charge of anything.

I could possibly see Snyder pulling some kind of Lovecraftian shit with Starro.

Might even be good.

And Doomsday was a mutated corpse, not a clone.

>Every time you sit down, you might as well be smoking crack
That's kind of funny depending on how it's delivered.

It's beautiful

the more i look at this the more i wonder if maybe it will auctualy look decent in motion

Truly we are blessed

Thank you based cereal lord

>Snyder
>might even be good
think about what you just said

Can he save the movies? We're so close to good DC in every medium

fuck the movies tbqh

>Fuck Shazam
>Fuck Aquaman
>Fuck Batman
>Fuck the Flash
Fuck you hippy

Going to need a video link OP.

>Lovecraftian shit
>Synder ties Starro Arkham Asylum for a cheap Lovecraft reference
That's all that he'd do.

Not like they'll ever top Negative Wonder Woman.

Because you're an insecure manchild who feels offended over simple descriptions.

Honestly, that description makes Powerless sound better than any live action DC has done so far, since everyone else for some reason feels the constant need to pretend heroes aren't a real thing in DC and everyone is he first.

youtube.com/watch?v=-dpgng9lvc4

Fake OP image. No Starro.

>insurance company
>not Hero Hotline

oh wow we really got fooled
still im hype

That's exactly what I thought but in a negative way.
>great, it's like a giffen/dematiss comic come to life.

I hope this means best fetish will be involved

>all these people not reading the thread and thinking it's real
>they're all going to watch it and be super disappointed

I was going to watch it anyway based on the trailer

>think a guy is GL
>hit him with a yellow wooden chair to test whether he is or not