/éire/

Rainy edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IksRDCMYnn8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Weathers clearing up.

Morning.

Why do McDonald's exclusively serve only breakfast in the morning? It's shite and no one wants it.

Because people eat breakfast in the morning you dope.

Yeah but who goes to McdDonald's wanting their shite breakfasts? It's stupid it's exclusively breakfast items.

Always see people I know in the psychiatrist waiting room. Awkward.
I think it's shite but loads of people go to McDonald's for breakfast. Its quite popular.

I was thinking about getting a vegetarian burger from McDonald's for lunch but changed my mind when I saw the calorie content.

Should have talked to her desu. She's cute but I'm sure the fucking waiting room is the last place she wanted to be approached in.

>Yeah but who goes to McdDonald's wanting their shite breakfasts?
Their pancakes are nice. Or at least they used to be. It's a long time since I've eaten at McDonald's.

The only nice burger at McDonald's is the McChicken (and occasionally those specialty burgers they put on limited offer).

>The only nice burger at McDonald's is the McChicken
Pleb opinion. Go to KFC for chicken. Bigmac and quarter pounder are required culinary experiences.

>McSoyveggie
>McCucken
Lads, if a man who's name rhymes with Poorah was here, he'd have none of this. He is the custom of the month at Donaghmede McDonalds ever since 2013

>Bigmac and quarter pounder are required culinary experiences.
They're both shite. If I want a decent burger from a mainstream fast food chain, then I'll go to Supermacs or Burger King.

Also KFC chicken, while not bad, is very overrated.

I'd be grand if it wasn't like €8 for a small meal. Hillybillys is also over rated

Burger king literally microwave their burgers.

"decent"

pleb

Fuck, that meant for: Having fierce problems with captcha right now.

I love Colonel Sanders because he was apparently a massive snob who would have failed 80% of his franchise holders because they didn't meet his standards.
One exec talked about how after he sold the company they simplified the gravy recipe because "no one could make it" and his response was "Why?"

It's not unusual to be drinking beer at 1 pm, right?

Only been there a few times but I thought Hillbillys Chicken was really nice. Place was always packed though.

Not if you continue to do so all day
Ehhh, it's good don't get me wrong, and I'd probably like it more if every gimp from Cork and Kerry wasn't like "JAYUS! TRY THIS TAH LOIK? Y'KNOW LIKE? YA HAV TO TRY IT LOIK!" and ya, I never got to for ages since I go to Kerry like once a year and can count all the times I've been to Cork on one hand and liek ya said, it's always packed. Tried it eventually and it was good but not getting sucked off my angel good

Drinking early in the day seems like such a bad idea since you can't sleep through the lows.

What captcha? Is everyone else not able to post freely since the change?

Decided to mitch class to post teeny disco choons youtube.com/watch?v=IksRDCMYnn8

>but not getting sucked off my angel good
Very poetic desu

Do you remember your first blowjob /éire/ ?

normalfag amach

aye it was from an oriental lad
was 16

No

Mus have been a lot since if you can't remember the first one.

Decided to pack it in desu

He could of just been pissed or 5 years old

posting here or life in general?

Did you get them on board?

Fuck off. Sad bastards out.

>Todd Howard to Receive Legend Award at New York Videogame Awards

Truly a genius of our time.

>Network science shines new light on Battle of Clontarf
>The widespread view is that the battle was the climax of a war between the Irish and Vikings with Irish victory, under Brian Boru's leadership, breaking Viking power in Ireland.
>But revisionist historians believe it was instead a conflict between opposing Irish sides with Munster and its allies victorious over Leinster and Dublin, and Viking warriors on each side.
Who knew.

>Decided to mitch class
Don't be doing that, Rusty.

>mitch
t. Townie.

>Is everyone else not able to post freely since the change?
No, it asks for captcha for 1 in 3 posts for me so far.

What's happening for me now is that even after I solve the captcha and click submit, it says I didn't solve the captcha and won't let me post.

Too late lad, I've only 2 weeks left one project. I can complete it in 2 hours. Besides I'm being productive, listening to choons and job hunting
>TFW such a Tippman with identity issues, I don't know if I should take townie as an insult or not

>I don't know if I should take townie as an insult or not
I don't think I've ever heard of "townie" being used in a positive light.

>asks for captcha for 1 in 3 posts
That isn't nearly enough and sounds like a massive vulnerability. Everyone should be made to solve at least five captchas for every post.
Captcha bots have become very sophisticated in the last number of years you know?

>don't know if I should take townie as an insult or not
Someone insinuating you are from an urban area is one of the most insulting things anyone could ever say to you.

>Everyone should be made to solve at least five captchas for every post.
Poi pls.

I usually take "townie" as a compliment, there's no negative connotation with it at all. It's like in the US when rural people call urban people "city slickers" or "big city folk" and the like, it's just to emphasise a culture gap.
Have you been using it as an insult this whole time?

I just have the quality of this place in mind and want for us to not be flooded with spammers... well less spammers than we already have from you know where.

>Have you been using it as an insult this whole time?
Yes, because that's exactly what it is. You'd have to be willfully ignorant to interpret it as a compliment. It's what country lads shout when a lad from the town is scared of a cow for example.

My mother calls me a townie if I'm unaware of things relating to farms or the countryside, just seems like playful mockery. I've never heard of anyone using it with malice before.

>I've never heard of anyone using it with malice before.
It's used with the same degree of malice that Dubs use "culchie" (i.e. a variable degree). You should spend more time around people from the countryside and see than it can indeed be used as an insult.

Dubs spout culchie to people from Cork/Limerick/Galway, it's lost all meaning and is boarderline comical like Sup Forums calling someone a nigger. It more so shows how up their own hole they are. I'll stop now, we don't need another Dub bully thread

>we don't need another Dub bully thread
Every /éire/ thread is a Dub bully thread. It's part of /éire/ culture.

>It's used with the same degree of malice that Dubs use "culchie"
I don't think that's true at all, Dubs use that in a clearly derogatory manner. People from townlands speaking down to those from urban areas would make very little sense when the vast majority of their youth wind up migrating to those areas and it's generally accepted their local culture is in peril and dying rapidly.

Are you the same guy who had never heard of people referring to "crisps" by any chance?

Those double Dubs confirm Dublin a shit

>People from townlands speaking down to those from urban areas would make very little sense when the vast majority of their youth wind up migrating to those areas
You clearly spend no time around country people.

>it's generally accepted their local culture is in peril and dying rapidly.
There's no denying that, but you seem to be under the impression that country people are celebrating its death because they all secretly think that urban life is superior.
>Are you the same guy who had never heard of people referring to "crisps" by any chance?
Fuck no.

It's really bizarre how little Dubs know about the rest of the country and how seemingly proud they are to display that. How did things ever wind up like this?

>How did things ever wind up like this?
Brits don't venture beyond the pale. I met a Dub girl once who had never been to Munster.

They are basically Yanks in that manner. They love bragging about how they did this, got this, they're the capital, blaa blaa blaa. It's Dublin jingoism that built up because they never had to leave the county for anything. So because they can survive on their own, they feel superior and think the rest of the country is a place where you've to walk 50 miles with a bucket on your head to get water that will only give you cholera

>think the rest of the country is a place where you've to walk 50 miles with a bucket on your head to get water that will only give you cholera
Yeah, everybody knows that only Cavan and Leitrim are like that.

>You clearly spend no time around country people.
My parents are country people and about half the kids I went to school with were from the country. I'm familiar with being labelled a "townie" but it was never hateful or meant to insult. The reverse of calling someone a "country boy" for struggling with directions or technology, it's just making light on backgrounds.
Maybe you use it differently yourself but I never got the sense that it was on the scale of muck savage or bogger or anything like that as a demeaning term since it's used regularly in civil conversation and in the media.

>The reverse of calling someone a "country boy" for struggling with directions or technology, it's just making light on backgrounds.
The reverse is "culchie". But as you said, "muck savage" or "bogger" would be far more demeaning and not the reverse of "townie".

Culchie isn't really used outside of Dublin.

Not to the same extent, but it's not uncommon in the other cities. Possibly not used with the same degree of malice as it is used in Dublin though.

My brother brought her Dublin girlfriend down to meet the family and when being brought to a restaurant in a village she suddenly became anxious and frightened when the car was parked adjacent to a field as she had never been so close to a cow before and was fearful it could jump over the fence.

Leitrim is grand, they've an iota of coast line and decent land, Cavan though is Addis Ababa teir

>she suddenly became anxious and frightened when the car was parked adjacent to a field as she had never been so close to a cow before and was fearful it could jump over the fence.
The Dub fears the cow. I wonder what would happen if you released a herd of cattle into Dublin city centre?

>decent land
I thought that part of the country was renowned for its shite land?

I would say it's uncommon. Dublin isn't a well regarded place in the other cities and nobody wants to adopt their terminology and as already mentioned Dubs use the term sweepingly to apply to everyone else across the country so obviously nobody is going to use a term of mockery that others use on themselves.

The hippies have fun growing their kale there. Weeds or moss can't even grow in Cavan

It's funny to me how dubs are so purely terrified of nature and countryside things. Electric fences, cows, horses, getting dirty with much etc.
Sad lifestyle really. Roaming the countryside is something every child should experience when growing up.

This is my tap water. It tastes perfect and is super clean. It just comes out of the tap like this particularly after heavy rainfalls. It's mostly just air bubbles and they all disappear and the water goes clear after 60 seconds.

Would you drink it?

Not before boiling or filtering, no.

Water filters are a gimmick imo.

Thats not how bubbles work. The cloudiness is caused by chemicals or contamination in the water and it goes clear after a while once the sediment falls to the bottom.

If I was sure it was just air (you can get you water tested), I'd probably let it settle for a while and then drink it.

Depends on the type of issue you want the filter to eliminate. They work well for some types of impurities.

Everything isn't a conspiracy. Did you not learn about water filtration in first year science class?

>The cloudiness is caused by chemicals or contamination in the water and it goes clear after a while once the sediment falls to the bottom.
There's no sediment or anything left over. It just all fizzes to the top and you can see the bubbles rising. But hey it might be a chemical but its grand, not going to harm me. There's worse chemicals in processed foods and sweets that we all eat without second thinking it.
>Depends on the type of issue you want the filter to eliminate. They work well for some types of impurities.
We have hard water and it filtering it using a britta thing does nothing to prevent limescale in the kettle.
>Did you not learn about water filtration in first year science class?
I did. I just don't think there's a need to filter my tap water.
>Everything isn't a conspiracy.
I know. Thats why I don't believe drinking tap water will make infect me with chemicals and estrogen like some people seem to believe.
Wouldn't mind a bit of estrogen though.

>We have hard water and it filtering it using a britta thing does nothing to prevent limescale in the kettle.
Hard water is a chemical issue. A britta filter won't fix that. You need a water softener.

Tell my mam that. She's obsessed with filtering water because limescale.

>we all eat without second thinking it.
I wouldn't say without thinking about, maybe with only a low level of concern is more accurate. Organic food is a huge market after all and most people would rather avoid chemicals in their food if it's possible without any great inconvenience, which is the case for water.

Even just tasting tap water it's obvious it tastes different from distilled so there's a significant difference in composition.

>Even just tasting tap water it's obvious it tastes different from distilled so there's a significant difference in composition.
We got the tap water at my parents' house tested there a few years ago and it got the highest possible grade, so I have no qualms in drinking that. Whereas I have a friend living in the nearest town and you can't even drink the water from the tap after boiling it because it tastes so bad.

It's very regional and seems to vary from year to year but after seeing the sort of ancient pipes and infrastructure that the service in this country runs on I think I'd rather not take the chance.
The water does seems fine at the moment but there are days when its randomly cloudy or smells off and we've had boil notices before so I'd be hesitant to rely on it. Thankfully bottled water is cheap.

Yeah, I don't drink the water straight from the tap in my own place. It might be safe, but I was spoiled by the tap water at my parents' house growing up and it just tastes "stale" by comparison. I can fully understand somebody wanting to filter/boil their tap water - it's the conspiracy nuts ranting about fluoride in the water that piss me off.

>€820 for health insurance
>€280 for two new tyres
>€270 for some appliances I need
My wallet hurts this week.

What appliances did you get?

Got a job at Burger King

Good lad. Fast food jobs are very hard work but you'll get a bit of experience which will make you eligible to apply to better jobs.

Is this your first job?

>make you eligible to apply to better jobs
It's possible to get those jobs without having worked in Burger King though. Don't see why you should encourage people to work shit jobs like retail or fast food when they're not exactly necessary

Everyone has to start off at the bottom of the ladder. You're not going to get a decent job with zero prior experience.

Then why not start off on the bottom of a good ladder by working an internship in some office as opposed to shift work fit for Eastern Europeans?

>Everyone has to start off at the bottom of the ladder
>You're not going to get a decent job with zero prior experience.
That world isn't that logical.

Sure, that could work too if you got accepted. But if you don't have a degree, or are in the process of getting a degree then you're going to be doing shitty jobs unless your course requires internships.

Also, internships are the bottom of the ladder too. I was speaking in general, and presumed that guy was a neet or college dropout.

Entry level positions in a nice setting with no skillset requirements basically don't exist. Also anything complex enough to warrant a learning period of an internship will have a degree as a requirement.

Saoirse at last.

>you the same guy who had never heard of people referring to "crisps" by any chance
No, that would be moi.

>not KFC
You fucked up. But massive congratulations regardless.
I think I went to Burger King once in my life and it was when I was really young and was on some holiday out foreign in some big city so it was packed.
Don't remember if it was nice or not.

nope, worked surface maintenance at a mine once before

There's no kfc in my area amazingly enough, the county council thinks BK is apparently a bigger draw.

>county council thinks BK is apparently a bigger draw
Do they get a say in them locating there?

>the county council thinks BK is apparently a bigger draw
Since when do county councils have a say in this? Surely the planning board don't discriminate against fast food places based on what chain it is?

Well, there was going to be a kfc built near a 2nd level school, but they cancelled the deal for obvious reasons.

The BK in question here is in a retail park, so I presume they didn't have a part to play in it.

KFC is utter shite and tastes so bad. Even their ice creams and milkshakes are shite.
I never see anybody in the KFC here. It's always empty or maybe has 2 people in it. Don't know how they stay open.

Lads I have to work 9 days on the trot now and most evenings I don't finish until 7 - 9pm or later.
I'm not prepared for this level of suffering.

I doubt it since it's illegal to work more than 6 days in a row.