Bojack Horseman thread? How are feeling about season 3 now that it's been released...

Bojack Horseman thread? How are feeling about season 3 now that it's been released? I feel it's possibly the best and most consistent season yet, although I love each one in their own right.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zTm6bGOT7Wc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Daria was selfish and murdered her child.

MEGA WHEN?

Back in 07, I was in a not successful TV show

Only been through the first 6 episodes of S3 so far, favorite scene was Diane on Gush trying to have a heart to heart with Mr. PB. His reactions are fantastic from beginning to end.

The underwater episode was fucking awesome. Though, figuring out that he could speak all the time was pretty predictable.

I really liked the underwater episode.

It's my favorite season overall.

The entirety of episode 11 and 12 are just so damn depressing and amazing. Watching Bojack lose it and everything with Sarah Lynn was heart wrenching.

I don't know how they'll deal with Bojack discovering That he has a daughter but I hope it will put his life on the right path.

What do want to be, Sup Forums?

It was gorgeous and possibly the most inventive thing the show has attempted.

I don't understand why we didn't get any excerpts fro The Bojack Horseman Show, like we have for Horsin' Around.
Also, if Todd's so asexual, why's he mad about Bojack fucking his ex gf? That's like a vegetarian getting mad that you ate "their" steak.

Good music

He doesnt know what he is, he just feels like Bojack takes everything from him. It doesnt matter if you're gay straight whatever, if you had a good friend and another person fucked your friend you'd probably be mad that they changed the dynamic of your friendship triangle.

This season hit me hard, the last two left on a things get better vibe, this one did not.

Because the show and most people have asexuality confused with nonsexual. An asexual has no sex drive/desire, but is perfectly capable of having sex, even if they really don't get much out of it. A nonsexual dislikes sex and actively avoids it. An asexual might masturbate to relieve stress, a nonsexual wouldn't consider it an option.

I feel this season was more dull than the previous ones, still has a lot of "oh shit" moments that leave you asking for more.

>2007
>the abortion
>"I wanna be an architect"
>ninja turtles
>everything with princess Carolyne
>margo martindale
>underwater city
>bojack daughter?
the final scene with the wild horse made a tear roll down my cheek I dunno why

>Margo Martindale
That was the real tragedy this season ;_;

>asian daria
Cracked me up.

He's going to try and fuck her when they first meet and horrify her.

I think it was the weakest season, but only by a little bit. Overall the series has been pretty consistent.

>"I wanna be an architect"
How was that an oh shit moment and not a throw away line set up for the joke?

How fucked up would it be if they got Kristen Schaal to voice Bojacks daughter.

I can see it, I would actually like that.

>okay, for best picture, what about Avatar?
>that was a good movie. true, but did that came out this year?
>I feel like I just saw it.
>well, there's no way to know for sure.

I can't believe avatar came out in 2009, I almost had a breakdown when I googled it. who is stealing the fucking time? can you believe it's 2016? that's 2000 + 16!

I was born in 84, you don't know the horror yet.

that was sad

>when people your age are married with kids and you haven't even lost your virginity

How is that Bojack's fault though? They established that A) She wasn't drunk B) She's a consenting adult and C) She wanted to fuck.

Cool that Todd's trying to figure himself out, but that doesn't mean your girlfriend is going to wait for you if they want to be sexually active and you're not sure if you do.

anyone got a link to the ending song of ep 12?

It was more consistent than season two in that it had less bum episodes. On the other hand it was VERY experimental. The underwater episode was a good example of this. So was the whole Hamster director META of questioning how far a show can go before it loses the audiences good will.

I've always found BoJack cathartic but this season was genuinely depressing rather than just being cynical it was damning.
We're not all gonna make it bruh. Some people are just scum. Whether it's inherent to you or not. If you believe you're scum you become scum. Once you've become that sort of person you're a downing swimmer. Your only options are sucking in some water and going down quickly or dragging others down with you.

JUST.

Oh also I liked the variation they tried with the ending themes. The 'the bojack show' ED was superb.

On a related note, has anyone uploaded the ending song of episode 2 yet?

I was born in 82, but I guess the digital age is making me freak out. I haven't even finished paying for my plasma tv and now it's so fucking outdated.

youtube.com/watch?v=zTm6bGOT7Wc

Here you go, user.

I was conflicted by this. On the one hand, it's a heart wrenching scene, but on the other...what is it with double standards on the age of consent?

Yeah she was 17, but she was legal age for having sex in the state she was in AND not drunk. You can't fucking say it's fine in one breath, then say "I was young and didnt know any better, you rapist" in the other.

Charlotte probably told her he had tried it on with her minutes before, and that the whole glowing balloon shtick was something he had done with Charlotte decades ago. It would be disturbing to discover you were just going to be a sexual substitute for your mother.

there's stuff that I always think are gonna end in a joke or in a lighter tone but then they take the worst turn. like Diane abortion, that kind of made me lost all the little respect I had for her and a lot of the one I had for mr. peanutbutter

She didn't call him a rapist (at least I don't remember her saying that). It also doesn't seem like she hates him. She just doesn't want to see him because it opens up old wounds.

2 > 1 > 3

3 retreaded a lot of ground we already covered.

Episode 4 was a masterpiece, though.

But again, that's not consistent, and that's ignoring Penny's perspective of the events that happened.

Bojack tried to get with Charlotte.

Penny tried to get with Bojack, and Bojack rejected her twice.

Just because someone does something nice for you doesn't mean you automatically have to try to have sex with them. It just seems like Charlotte tried to project her view of Bojack onto Penny after the fact.

Beautifully tragic scene. Would have meant more without the fakeout in the motel room. mfw the prickly muffin music video

Remind me, did Bojack know she was anything special to Todd or could she plausibly have just met him that day? I guess waiting so longer afterwards to tell Todd was kind of scummy, but Todd should know after 5 years what Bojack is like.

He knew she was special to Todd and they were at the rehearsal dinner as her guests so its not like he could forget. On the other hand, he knew that Todd refused to have sex with her so maybe he assumed Todd had no feelings for her whatsoever

where can i get this?

Bojack gave the best answer to the kid. That woman is an adult and her and Todd didn't have anything. Bojack did nothing wrong there.

Notice the space theme that repeats in Sarah lynn's and the dolphin chick videos, where one is but a more degenerate simulacra and the other is an actual love of the subject. Hollywoo's nearly constant usage of form without creative substance.

netflix

You're the same age as Sarah Lynn? That's TOO MUCH, man!

Here's hoping you don't die in 2016!

So. What now? Where does he go from here? I just...I don't see him saving his relationships this time. And maybe that's for the best. They're in really good places right now. But Bojack. What is he gonna do.

I've never been more emotionally invested in a fictional character before. And I have to wait a whole fucking year to find out what running horses mean.

>paying for things

the fact that bojack's a horse makes him seem younger than he actually is

imagine he is charlie sheen

Legal doesn't mean immoral. You can't deny what Bojack did was particularly scummy.

At the same time I think Bojack's self-hate is making things worse then they are. It was a crappy thing in her life among crappy things in teenage lives. She still goes to school, she's still normal, and if the worst thing that ever happened to you is that an old man didn't have sex with you when you tried to seduce him then you live a rather sheltered life.

Get yourself a free month faggot

What's one line that really stuck out to you all? One that really hit me was when Todd more or less said "You don't just get to do bad shit and be forgiven just because you feel bad!"

It works on many levels. In the show, and with me.

Progression like this suits a five act piece, although act three seems to have replaced act four. Ordinarily we'd get the redemption and conclusion next, but there's progression space for two more seasons. Which makes me think we could see Bojack get even worse.

you should have been more specific then
you assholes always dance around the bush and then when someone tells you where to torrent it you insist that we give you a direct download

The thing is, he will end up rebuilding his relationships with the other characters. Because, as much as they would hate to admit it, they're all like Bojack.

Princess Caroline can't be in a real relationship because she's too married to her job.

Diane is too concerned with her idea of the greater good, and is willing to screw over Mr. Peanutbutter to achieve it.

Todd means well, but is socially retarded, which probably explains why he's been with Bojack for the past 6 years.

That's grossly accurate when I think about it.

Try dating a 19 year old and being born in 84, fucking culture shock to end all culture shock.

>makes me think we could see Bojack get even worse
user, don't ever fucking reply to me again. Don't ever reply to me or my wife's son again. Or I will fucking kill you

Did anyone notice how in episode 12 that they removed sarah lynn from the party in the opening

Why can't this stupid horse have a happy life

I just want this stupid horse to be happy

As some user said before me, I got kind of tired of seeing Bojack at his lowest point, but that's kind of the point. I really liked that everyone (except for Bojack) got a happy ending of sorts, and I appreciated the overall more experimental nature of the season (underwater episode and the LA Tribune Episode were amazing).

Overall 8/10. It really felt like it was setting up for Season 4, though (which I'm not complaining, it was still worth the watch)

I know the whole Blank did nothing wrong thing is a meme but in this case Bojack really did nothing wrong.

Bojack was trying to get Todd laid the entire night, he gave him his key, let him know that Todd was friends with a famous movie star, and for the most part was bro the entire night.

It was only when Todd rejected Emily that a frustrated, confused and horny Emily went with the nearest sure thing.

hah! my uncle is 55 and he lives with a 15 years old girl because their religion says it's okay

1000x this. Todd doesn't even talk about his feelings until the last episode of the season, so how was anyone supposed to know how he felt?

I think the show shows that progress is a lie. You think Bojack is moving forward, his dreams are coming true, he's becoming an actor but in reality Bojack season 3 is the same Bojack as season 1, only more famous and with more money.

Overall: "You didn't know me, you fell in love with me, now you know me."
This season :it doesn't matter what we did in the past, or how we'll be remembered.
The only thing that matters is right now, this moment, this one spectacular moment we are sharing together. Right, Sarah Lynn? Sarah Lynn? Back in the 90's...

Bojack won't freaking let the stupid horse have a happy life. Bojack has everything he needs to be happy and successful. He's freaking rich, he's respected in his craft, he's famous, he's well loved. Yet despite having everything he still can't be happy.

he doesn't deserve it though

Has anyone uploaded that yet?

Am I bad for wanting Bojack to have beaten up Todd and leaving him a bloody mess on the floor of the house he mooched five years of food and living space from for 5 years? This season just made me hate everyone except for Mr. PB, God bless him.

I'd love it to follow the Wonderful Life route, at least initally:
>Bojo has basically living as a hippy, goes back to LA after """"changing"""" to make amends sober this time
>Sees that everyone is doing well, on the surface, without him
>In reality they are all impoding since they don't have BoJo to keep them distracted from themselves
>Completely reverts since his ego can't deal with it
>On going to kill himself off the GG Bridge, the daughter shows up
>All his friends rush back to him but stop after seeing Bojo talking to his daughter
>Realise that they need him, but see that he needs the break from them

I can only imagine what they have planned for Season 4 with all this setup.

>PC's new business venture
>Todd's new female friend
>PB running for fucking mayor
>Diane...?
>Bojack out in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of strange horsemen.

Those little slant-eyed pups wouldn't have had a god damn chance- can you imagine Diane as a mom, particularly if she was talked out of aborting them?
They're better off as medical waste.

I thought PB was running for governor?

I don't understand why PB wouldn't want kids, he loved his nephews. Also I think the abortion thing was pretty terrible.

Oh yeah, Todd's speech was really great. In that how it confronted Bojack and how it confronted us, in a way, with our problems. YOU have to be better. It's YOU.

>And I have to wait a whole fucking year to find out what running horses mean

I spent the last year wondering about the call he got from the spider lady and what his other show could be and it turned out to be relatively minor. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

PB wants whatever Diane wants. He's actually rather codependent.

I'm certain if asked he would have wanted to keep the baby but he wasn't asked so he supported Diane.

You're right. Mayors control cites and governors control states, more or less, right?
I'm really conflicted about Bojo and PC's relationship. They are actually good together, but Bojack was fucking determined to ruin it because "Muh I don't deserve it" attitude.

That's true. Jill Pill didn't amount to shit. She was just a weird artsy type.

All Bojack had to do was follow the Sage Japanese macaque of wisdom. Make a positive change every day.

He was asked though, they both said they wanted it at the same time

Yes and the State of California is known for having celebrities and odd balls as Governor.

It's like that episode of the Sopranos where Tony goes to Vegas to forget about Chrissy. He finally has an epiphany and "gets it". He shouldn't have been running away, he should have been running with a purpose.

You know, if Mr Peanut butters campaign is a riff on Arnie, he may run as a conservative, which could cause a fight with Diane, maybe we'll learn that he's always been a Republican but she never thought to ask him about it because deep down she doesn't respect his intelligence.

This sort of shows how the characters aren't growing.

>PC's new business venture

Like her new business venture from s3? or her becoming a better agent in s2. It's the same exact shit, only bigger

>Todd's new female friend
Todd is always making new friends, but episode 2 shows Todd literally did this plot in High school, did this plot in season 3, and will do this plot in season 4. he hasn't changed or learned from high school.

>PB running for Mayor,
Governor but again, same plot as his Game show, or as the academy awards or his reality show. His personality and charisma carry him through but he's completely unprepared and unready for the actual work it needs to succeed.

>Diane...?
Again, for all her SJW talk, she's just that, talk. When you come down to it Diane is just a mooch off of Mister PeanutButter. And despite her going off and doing all these projects and trying to be super important, at the end of the day she's a girl with little income that depends on her husband for everything.

>Bojack out in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of strange horsemen.

You mean Bojack ran away? Like he did in season 2? and does so in the drug episode? And runs away from acting for 11 years after Horsin around is canceled?

Nobody has changed, it's just that their projects have gotten bigger

The kind of conflict that would have been generated from PB wanting to keep the baby and Diane wanting an abortion would have put this show over the top for me. Too bad we didn't get it. As for a baby interrupting Diane's life, she's literally doing nothing and living by the grace of her husband's hard work and success. And if the finale's any indication, she's going to ruin him for her precious feminism.

Listen close, he doesn't start saying until after she's finished

If anything he's getting worse. They even straight up show that to you, with episode 11 where That dude at the AA meeting said he's done horrible things by sabotaging his friend's "hip-hopera" because he didn't want him to move out (sound familiar?). Bojack then straight up one-ups him with the Penny story. They're blatantly telling you that even Bojack now realizes he's become a shittier person since the events of season one.

Mr PB remains the best character in the show and him becoming the governor is fucking hype.

The "emotionality" is becoming overplayed and verging on maudlin. Plus the show is beginning to meander, because they seem not to have and ending planned or, if they do, not be moving towards it.

Basically it's devolving into a consumer version of itself.

Diane was less likeable this season, though she's still one of the best characters.

The underwater episode was good, but the season lacked a HSCWDTKDTKT?LFO-tier episode.

Overall I think not as strong as the second season, but very, very close.

It's like that Seinfeld episode where Jerry puts it into Elaine's mind that everyone she's close to probably has a different stance on abortion than she does.

That's been the enduring theme of the show, things don't just end in real life, there's no ultimate accomplishment that leaves you with everlasting satisfaction, you have to either get busy living, or get busy dying.

Nowhere. The show continues in circles until it dies because Americans just can't finish a fucking TV show.

Bojack Horseman will be killed by the very Hollywood cycle it mocks. Bonus points if it gets 9 seasons.

>Yes, but we cannota givea the people the right to choose any topping they want!
>What gives you the right to tell me how I will make my Pie?
>Because it'sa pizza!
>It's not a pizza till it comes outta the oven!

That's a valid point, the only character that's completely different by the end of Season 3 is Sarah Lynn. She's no longer going through the exact same shit she's been going through since Horsin' around.

There are two scenarios for the show ending, Bojack finally finding satisfaction in life, or satisfaction in death. Right now death is more plausible and maybe more appropriate? I can see them not wanting to do another tripping episode, ep 4 was a good compromise and interesting in having almost no dialogue and a bit of world building. I hate Diane though, Mr PB's WAY too good for her.

Legit spoiler, but a question

so the young Horse girl at the end of the season trying to reach Bojack on the phone. That's his daughter right?

>the penny story
What the fuck is wrong with the fucking Penny story. I don't get why people are so fucking up in arms about it. She's 17.

Sure, it was rude to Charlotte but that's about it. It's not some great moral fucking crime. There are alcoholics who have fucking killed people. Bojack Horseman is about a 3 on the scale of shittiness worth noting. The only person he's really damaged is himself.

Yes. She looks just like him and it's heavily implied from earlier dialogue that he has a daughter he doesn't know about.