Infinity

Is this Marvel Comics's third best "event"?

What are the 2 better events?

Not even top 5

No
Fuck no
What the fuck

just like axis it's just a normal story arc forced into an event
it wasn't good

Ah yes, remember when Hulk used to wear armor? And people say Chulk is retarded.

AoA and Messiah CompleX

what are you, five years old?

What are your top 5?Lmao

>Hackman
You tell me

>Hackman
2deep4u

I'm really bummed about Axis.

You could pare down almost all of the bloat and make a pretty Uncanny Avengers/X-Force capstone story from it, but there were just too much goddamned bloat.

No. Both subplots were solved with shitty deus ex machinas. That alone is enough to exclude it.

The best two are probably secret wars and the infinity gauntlet.

>secret wars
Which one?

Annihilation?

At LEAST Annihilation, Annihilation: Conquest, Thanos Imperative, Messiah CompleX, Second Coming, and that's just recent good ones, without discussion. OP just needs some good writers in his life.

I still have no idea what it was actually about

Other that the whole gas mutant thing movie rights...

>Imperative
pfft

>I still have no idea what it was actually about
Found the retard

>not liking the war on cancerverse badassery
what are you, a dirty commie

No, despite posting on Sup Forums.
It's the epitome of "nothing happens"

Fucking pleb.

Not the poster but anything but 2 is acceptable

Hickman's entire run turned out to be a massive fucking mess in the end. Terrible pacing, overhyped anticlimaxes.

I don't know if he or Marvel editors(who alledgedly exist) are to blame, but it started crashing and burning during the White Pages Event and culminated in the shitfest of Secret War.

>Author writes successful, critically acclaimed titles
>gets placed on high profile title
>gets tapped to pen MAJOR event
>leaves company 6 months later

REEEEEEEEEEE

It seems that he was largely responsible. He mentioned something about artist doing good job despite getting scripts very late. Dialogues seem very rushed, so it seems like bad planning and work schedule. Though editors forcing Infinity into event probably didn't help.

Infinity really was a clusterfuck, although secret war was so much worse. Like everything in the latter that mattered happened offscreen, how did he even fuck it up that badly?

Infinity Gauntlet and Annihilation.

>I don't know if he or Marvel editors(who alledgedly exist) are to blame
Doesn't all his stuff drag forever?
Also I heard his payoffs always suck, though I never had the patience to get to them.

>Also I heard his payoffs always suck
Well they sucked on his Avengers, on his New Avengers, on Infinity and on Secret Wars. So based on the most recent evidence that would indeed be the case.

It wasn't really a normal story arc. It had like 3 storyarcs contained within it and I don't think it was decompressed at all. The only bad thing about it is it gave us the Nuhumans which are shit but even still, Hickman introduced the mist cloud in a pretty organic way.

Axis was probably the best Marvel event in a long while, because they just went full retard in an entertaining way and didn't give a fuck. It was so over the top it was basically self-parody.

>Avengers
>New Avengers
The whole illuminati crap was stupid to begin with, whichever ongoing that was on, so not like the payoff could be any good.

Funny how all of those were in the mid 2000s to mid/early 2010s. I think that entire era will be remembered fondly by X-men and cosmic fans. HoM was awful but it led to a lot of good stories.

Also AXIS didn't have any cheap deaths, and the only retarded retcon there was Wanda and Pietro having no relation to Magneto. I'm pretty sure that came down from editorial rather than Remender.

If Marvel didn't shit the bed & make the whole event tie into every title and kept it as an arc like Hickman wanted it'd have been ok

at least we got ewing's black avengers out of it

And to be honest, it was handled really well for what it was. I still hold that it wasn't a retcon, just Wanda going ham on the fabric of reality.

Carnage was great,

Just read Secret Warriors and call it a day.

I'm gonna bump this for potential interest...

what interest?

Infinity War wasn't too bad.

Which one is that again?

Sequel to Infinity Gauntlet- deals with the return of the Magus, his collection of the cosmic cubes, the repercussions of IG on Eternity, and Magus' attempt to get the IG to work again.

It has a sequel called Infinity Crusade but not many people have read it (I have and I recommend it if you want to learn about Adam Warlock's good side).