>govoreči štajersko

am, lingvisti, cukrčki? totalno ne X

Tristo kosmatih

I am GREEEEEEEEEEEEEK

>west flemish = "vlaemsch"

Prmejduš!

this but replace czechs with poles

>mfw this is objectively true tbqh
By 19th century czech was pretty much dead language spoken only by rural peasants.

German speaking urban elites decided to go full edge and literally went WE WUZ CZECHS, even going as far as reworking the language pretty much from scratch. (19th century czech vocabulary was stuck in 15th century, as peasants did not need words for shit like piano or handkerchief and so on - so they literally made up words from scratch).

say that again

>implying there's a noticeable difference between czechs and slovaks

>By 19th century czech was pretty much dead language spoken only by rural peasants.

i think it was the same in slovenia

until 12th century only 2 languages existed in Europe, Latin and Serbian

Jesus himself spoke Aramaic language for which was later confirmed that it's actually Serbian language

>implying there's a noticeable difference between czechs and slovaks

sup

Croats are best slavs imo

youtube.com/watch?v=mbEzDxbOyZ0

Our Slavic Hymn.

I really like him. Unfortunately I am Finno-Ugric =/

lol, czeches had war with germans for some centuries to be czeches one of slavic tribes and can live on their earth.
And now you said that.

>le 56% german
are czechs the amerimutts of europe?

I somehow feel offended by this tbqh
we might be germanified and then reslavized slavs but we still have a lot of history

No, this youtube.com/watch?v=0JQ0xnJyb0A

Russian speakers r8 my handwriting

>56% german
you see this is the thing with czechs
We are better than both slavs AND germans

>pan-Slavism is dead and never coming back

Trebaš pojesti škaf palente da bi dosegnuo moju razinu, mali Slovenac

i need your help anons
posebno ti, janez

i'm conducting a research on slavic (and other nearby) languages. the question is, how do you say what, why, how, which, where, when in your dialect?

'y' lika '8' very Slavic 2bh

BAZZOslave, nisi HRVAT! HAHAHA LOLARA

imagine if someone proposed to unite all of northern and southern american countries into one state, under leadership of Brazil.

i don't think there's anything more tragic

south-East ukrainian
шo?
чoмy?
кaк?
кoкoй?
хдe?
кaдa?

russian
чтo, пoчeмy, кaк, кoтopый, гдe, кoгдa

voronezh, the "G" is a fricative consonant
what - shto or sho
why - pachemu/zachem
how - kak
which - katoryy/kakoy
where - khde
when - kakhda

zagreb, croatia:
što, šta, kaj
zašto, zaš, zakaj
kako, kak
koji, koj
gdje, gdi, di
kada, kad

Northern russian dialect. All words are pronounced with the 'O' sound.
what - Chto?
why - Pochemu?
how - Kak?
which - Kotorij?
where - Gde?
when - Kogda?

Ukrainian
what type/kind of -- який -- yakij?
which -- кoтpий -- kotrij?

slovak
čo, prečo, ako, ktorý, kde, kedy

hungarian
mi/mit
miért
hogyan
melyik
hol
mikor

High Bohemian area, Pilsen
>what
copa
>what
pročpa
>how
jakpa
>which
čímpa
>where
kdepa
>when
kdypa

east slovak
co
čom
jak
chtori/kerý
dze
kedy

>what
co
>why
dlaczego / czemu
>how
jak
>which
który/a/e
>where
gdzie
>when
kiedy / gdy

east slovak #2
>what = co
>why = čom
>how = jak
>which = ktori
>where = dze
>when = kedi

Belarusian
>what
Штo(shto)
>why
Чaмy(chamu)
>How
Як (jak)
>which
Якi (jaki)
>where
Дзe (dze)
>when
Кaлi (kali)

south polish
>what
co
>why
po co
>how
jak
>which
który
>where
kaj
>when
kiedy

bulgarian
кaквo (к'вo), зaщo, кaк, къдe, кoй/кoя/кoe, кoгa

кaквo, зaщo, кaк, кoe, къдe, кoгa

wat
waarom
hoe
welke
waar
wanneer

hope this helps

кaк/кoкoй are russian words we talk як/який

not a good comparison at all. English and Spanish/Portuguese are from different language branches, and Americans are physically distinct from most Latin Americans and can be differentiated with the naked eye.

it would be closer to if someone proposed to unite Canada and USA.

кpacивo

this is what i have so far. correct it if some user was wrong.

>kakvo for "what"
I can understand using "Kakvo je to", as in "How is it?". "How". Here, it denotes the quality of something, attributes/properties

it's in a dialect, supposedly

>Uniting shitholes full of subhumans with somewhat decent countries, under the leadership of one of the shittiest shitholes of all of those.
nah m9 its great comparison

his main concern isn't language

This is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen

I want to marry her so we can celebrate next New Year together

thanks. which part of poland? or is it standard polish?

>peasants did not need words for shit like handkerchief

wtf, at least in my country, handkerchiefs were an essential part of the peasant's inventory. That was because the use of bags was not widespread, so peasants would take a long stick (palica), wrap their effects in a handkerchief (robec), and tie the handkerchief around the end of the stick to form a cula for easier portage. I'd appreciate it if someone told me the English name for a cula.

Bosanac si, brate, šanse su ti male

also
>can be differentiated with the naked eye.
I am not sure that's correct, Carlos Sanchez Siegfried McMuttshartson.

if you're gonna make those kinds of arguments, the difference between someone from Belarus and from Macedonia is really visible too desu

Many of you say that Pan-Slavism is codeword for Russian imperialism. That is wrong.
How do you think Slavs would unite, other than from initiative, even from military intervention of strongest Slavic state, which has enough strength to resist whole world which is restricting us from uniting?!
Should Macedonia, or maybe Montenegro lead this process in your opinion? No. Russia is immense in every way imaginable. Its hands are reaching everywhere. But for its size, this majestic Bear is attacked by pack of hyenas. Russia needs us to remain, and we need Russia to unite, to grow together.
Just like Dostojevski said it; small Slavic nations will condemn Russia and strive towards Europe, but Russia will not evil-remember this, and rather forgive, when finally we all make Slavic Union. (You can read more in his "Writer's diaries")
SLAVS, RUSSIA IS NOT YOUR ENEMY

It's standard, I'm from Mazovia with half of my family from Prussia

>cula
Ass

On a serious note, I thought they call it "bundle on a stick"?

nemoj tako

I just wrote that as an example because i know for sure that handkerchief was one of the things that czech elites made up new word for.

How = Кaк as in How can I do X.
Кaквo = what. Кaквo e X = 'what is X

>56%
Explain

Doubt Greek is anywhere near slav but here you go

>what
τι (ίντα in the cretan dialect)
>why
γιατί (γιάντα in the cretan dialect)
>how
πως
>which
ποιο [or ποιος/ποια if man/woman - ποια if object (plurar)]
>where
που
>when
πότε

You can also say "Kako", instead of "Kakvo", but that's dialectal. "Kako" in standard language means "How". Northerners say "Kak"

>nas tochit semya Ordy (derogatory name of the Asians)
>nas gnet yarmo Basurman (derogatory name of the Turkic)

WOW! Rude and Edgy. She's a racist.

t. Basurman.

its a reference to the amerimutt meme

>taking ancestry percentage memes seriously
amerimutts of europe confirmed

we use kakav/kakva/kakvo like this : "kakvo je ovo jelo" = what kind of food is this?

thanks. you can never know, words travel and get borrowed.

i'm interested in how you say these words in everyday speech. or the weirdest dialectal way to say them.

there should be one country stretching from warszawa til vladivostok

>By 19th century czech was pretty much dead language spoken only by rural peasants.
>i think it was the same in slovenia

Well, in 1810, Valentin Vodnik convinced the French authorities to allow primary schooling in Slovene, so no. Also, there was the bukovniki peasant writers movement in Carinthia in the late 18th century.

>what
kva, kwa
>why
zakvá, zakwá
>how
kukó
>which
kér, kéro, kéra
>where

>when
gdaj

+15

very interesting
thanks
ljubljana dialect?

it's a pretty interesting topic desu, are you doing this for your studies?

die slavshit

[insult in spanish]...

>>we use kakav/kakva/kakvo like this : "kakvo je ovo jelo" = what kind of food is this?
yeah same

no, that's a everyday topic in the balkans. everybody is a historian, linguist, geneticist etc... here.

i want to make a nice etymology map of this

In old, proper Chakavian:

>what
ca/ča
>why
zace/zače
>how
kakò
>which
koy
>where
kadÿ
>when
kat

No, this

youtube.com/watch?v=xDrKpYn-8u8

why are irish gemans on that map? i thought they are celtic like scotts who were one of irish groups.

so you have to understand out of context wether "kakvo" means "what", or "what type of"?

it's a language map. almost all Irish people use English exclusively, which is a West Germanic language. they aren't coloured German, just English

its linguistic map

Irish by and large speak English natively nowadays.
They have a forced course in Irish as secondary language but they drop it once they're out of school.

It;s Scotland that is wrong. They don't usse Scottish Gaelic for anything real, ditto for Scots. It's all English with maybe one or two villages here and there.

yes

Also, kuko is perhaps more typically Upper Carniolan. A Ljubljana person would say kó(l)k instead.

I always wanted to get some in depth information on Lithuanian and Latvian, and have someone to draw parallels to my language group. Unfortunately, most Baltic posters here are utterly and incomprehensibly retarded

>i'm interested in how you say these words in everyday speech
most people I meet everyday speak like that with no alterations
Poland isn't dialectally diverse except Cashubian and Silesian

oh yeah i can imagine that. it's amazing to me sometimes how much people in the balkans are occupied with national/regional identities. I also noticed there's much more national flags hanging out everywhere in the balkans while here in Belgium there's hardly any. it's not a bad thing though if it's not chauvinist, actually it's pretty cool because people always want to show you the best sides of their cunt so you get a lot of info and travel recommendations because of it.
you should post the map on Sup Forums if you finish it

me too, i heard there are some similarities between slovenian, kajkavian, and baltic languages, it would be nice if some of them posted here

And do scotts use scottish at north part of Scottland? I thought it's dead language.

scottish gaelic is still pretty widespread area wise

>you should post the map on Sup Forums if you finish it

ofc
it will be a nice bait to start slav fights

yeah, that's why

Yeah.
Кaквo ти e? = What is wrong with you
Кaквo кyчe e тoвa? = What (type of) dog is that?

a minority of people do but almost no one lives there. northern Scotland is one of the most desolate places in Europe

reddit.com/r/etymologymaps/

There is no "Scottish". Only Scots (a sister langauge of English) and Scottish Gaelic (a sister language of Gaelic/Irish).
There are some small villages which still have native speakers (of S.Gaelic) on the north-west coast/islands but by and large, it is unused.
Scots doesn't get formal education and so they mostly morph it into this English with that world-famous Scottish accent. Actual Scots is probably more fucked than S.Gaelic.

And obviously the map does not show majority language in given area. I suppose its meant to illustrate minority languages distribution as well. Look at Lusatia on that map, same situation.

Fucking awesome map.

Big Thanks!

What font is used here?

oh cool! thanks croatianon

nice find fren her updoot xD