JSA Storytime: JLI

Good evening Sup Forums,

dat Invasion! plug

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-lemire-soule-yu-wade-into-war-with-inhumans-vs-x-men?utm_campaign=sdcc-lemire-soule-yu-wade-into-war-with-inhumans-vs-x-men
twitter.com/DCComics/status/757014747556352001
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>SDCC 2016: literally no actual news

I've read four tie-ins to this event, and I don't think I've ever actually read it.

apparently DC is saving their actual news for NYCC

I think Marvel announced some stuff but my interest in Marvel has fallen to an all time low

>The X-Men and Inhumans are going to war. As announced during the "Marvel: Cup O'Joe" panel at Comic-Con International in San Diego, two of Marvel's super-powered populations will clash just as the Inhuman Terrigen Mist increases its damaging impact on the mutant race. "Inhumans vs. X-Men" will put the two groups up against each other for the fight of their lives -- literally.

>Writers Jeff Lemire ("Extraordinary X-Men") and Charles Soule ("Death of X") will team-up for the series, which will see the X-Men and Inhumans wage war over the mists that kill mutants but create Inhumans. Leinil Yu ("Star Wars") will handle the art on this six-issue limited series, which launches this winter.

>"Inhumans vs. X-Men" #1 arrives kicks off this winter, and stay tuned to CBR for more details about the event.

comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-lemire-soule-yu-wade-into-war-with-inhumans-vs-x-men?utm_campaign=sdcc-lemire-soule-yu-wade-into-war-with-inhumans-vs-x-men

Hello Storyteller.

>Invasion
Why does the mediocrity of this particular series stick with me so much?

>Writers Jeff Lemire ("Extraordinary X-Men") and Charles Soule ("Death of X") will team-up for the series, which will see the X-Men and Inhumans wage war over the mists that kill mutants but create Inhumans
Is there a single person on this earth that WANTS to read something like this

DC had their fall stuff like Hawkman and Deadman minis in the solicits before SDCC so I'm guessing we're not gonna get new stuff until 2017, and they'll announce them at NYCC

Wow, they really are doing Inhumans vs. X-Men.
That's literally been a joke here for months, and they'll actually do it.

god, this sounds like such total shit

No! It's like World's End, no one wanted that miseryfest except one weird guy on the CBR boards.

Oh my god what are the CBR x-boards saying about this

Owls, that person who you live close to and don't go visit often enough? Go visit them. You never know when life will be cruel.

Ah you beat me to it. Marvel a shit and it hurts even more because the majority of cape characters I like are Marvel.

Imprimis OP is a faggot

>More of DC’s revenuse performnes come from graphic novels and the backlist than periodicals. I’m told this has been true for several years. Of course the powerhouse performance of all-time sellers like Watchmen, Dark Knight and now The Killing Joke power that, but so do the powerful Vertigo backlist, the Batman backlist led by Scott Snyder and, increasingly, books like the Earth One series.

>Wonder Woman Earth One and Paul Dini’s Dark Night have been big hits so far in 2016. According to Dan DiDio, some of the DCYou titles are picking up in trade, including Prez, which was a surprise because “Generally books that don’t do well in single issues don’t do well in trades, and books that DO do well in single issues do well in trades,” but they’re seeing that pattern broken up more and more.

>When the Comichron/ICv2 sales figures for 2015 were released, it actually shows graphic novels outselling periodicals $535 million to $405 million

>m not saying the beloved comics periodical is going away…the pamphlet is not dead, not by a long shot, but it seems to be fair to say that newer readers are happy to experience comics as graphic novels without the serialization factor. Whether this is something that CAN be or SHOULD be reversed is open to question, but for now, the Satisfying Chunk is winning out.

>Wildstorm Rebirth confirmed.
That's good enough for me. Looking forward to NYCC.

>Owls, that person who you live close to and don't go visit often enough? Go visit them. You never know when life will be cruel.
.... Is there, uh, something you'd like to tell us, Storyteller?

Legion looks like the best cape show yet

OP probably just watched Bojack Horseman. Or as I've seen it said on another thread, "It's like Evangelion, but replace the giant robots with even more suffering".

>Oh my god what are the CBR x-boards saying about this
let's find out

this is the first post in the thread
> Can we all agree this is going to suck for fans of both teams? The fandom rivalry was already bad.

>I don't think X-fans are necessarily worried. More like fatalistically resigned

>We knew it was coming. One is an oppressed minority that has been fighting off killer robots for 50 years. The other is a population of racist, xenophobic, slave owners who never did anything for anyone until it became convenient and beneficial to them. Nuff said!

> This is such a garbage premise. The X-Men are so much more popular than the Inhumans that there's no way the 2 sides can be on even ground. 90% of fans will be rooting for the X-Men. If they try and make the mutants look bad to get more fans rooting for the Inhumans, that will only make it worse. This series is just another nail in Marvel's coffin, another step towards the company's lowest point ever.

Family loss. Still kind of numb.

some of my favorites
>it´s amazing how exciting it is to see the x-men loose to the c and b lists that are the inhumans

>i hope we get lots and lots of dead inhumans...hopefully marvel realized their nonsensical inhuman push needed to stop. I know everyone jokes about things here but i have it from a few good sources that retailers were absolutely furious there were no x-men related books in the marvel now catalog. including some of the very big retails partners. Ill have soem more info when some of my contacts get back from sandiego as i know quite a few retailers expressed their displeasure at the private marvel presentation. Hopefully after this story we can get some more x-books and at least never ever have to see the word inhuman in an x-men comic again

>Poor kamala, Jean's gonna turn her into a lesbian against her will

>So Villain Cyclops when?

>The inhumans are Holocaust deniers

>I really hopes that the Terrigen Threat and IvX end here, so then Marvel can move to the next mutantkind's endangering event.

Did something happen OP?

Although that applies to me somewhat today too, my grandma had to go to the emergency room earlier tonight and I guess they want to keep her overnight

I'm sorry.

>People being reasonable at cbr

And here's probably the biggest reason why DC Unlimited will not exist until there's years of marvel unlimited data proving that it wouldn't subtract from trade sales or something.

>>People being reasonable at cbr
sorry, let me do something about that

>The inhumans are Holocaust deniers

thanks, user. it was very, very sudden, she'd been precarious because complex hard to manage Type 1, and had had some scares, but...

> Are there any villains left in the MU? I'm starting to think there aren't.
>>They all work in editorial.

weeeeew bottom left

I'm all out and drunk OP but just wanna say I genuinely love these threads a lil bit

I'm about to get drunk!

I love that we have such fun threads.

Kill me now. Just fucking kill me.

Live action relevant to our interests:

Mon-El might be on Supergirl.
Stargirl, Obsidian, Dr Mid-Nite, and Commander Steel on Legends of Tomorrow.
WW trailer was alright I guess, idk.

>X-Men VS Inhumans
Oh for fucks sake...

Okay, real talk. The X-Men should just leave. Honestly, take the Inhuman's example, and just fucking leave Earth. They're still cool with the Shi'ar, right? Just gather up as many willing mutants as you can, call up the Empress, and see if you can't get everyone inducted as imperial citizens.

Goodness only knows why the Inhumans want to be messing around on Earth, but frankly, they can fucking have it. You are never going to achieve mutant acceptance, so just go somewhere you won't be shat on constantly.

Just go. It's not worth it anymore.

Kill me if they relaunch all their x titles because of Death of X and IvX

we are here to be as salty as the ocean with you, kind X-user

Apparently that was basically Remender's pitch for post-SW, X-Men in SPAAAACE

I'm really sorry about your loss, user. I wish you didn't have to go through any bad shit. These threads are small things but I appreciate them

Something something Celestial plan, something something MUH PHOENIX.

You know this means you're gonna have to storytime THAT, right?

Remender needs to come back.

thanks, user. this one goes in the "life is deeply fucking unfair" column, in some ways more than the other earlier this year.

>Mon-El might be on Supergirl.
I'm a little disgusted with myself knowing full well I'd tune in to watch the series of a character I hate just for the sake of the Legion.

>Apparently that was basically Remender's pitch for post-SW, X-Men in SPAAAACE
We all know exactly why that was dashed. Because it would've made sense, and because it would be a very permanent change that would alter the way the X-books functioned forever. Status quo will always override any potential risk.

Deadly Class got a TV deal, he's got the money to do what he wants from here on out.

and he said he was 'streamlining' to some extent with the goal of making it accessible to new readers, because the X-books are one place where that's needed, IF you can also keep the character development.

I'm truly sorry, OP. We're all here for you.

I accepted a while ago that I'm literally only watching Supergirl for Legion hints.

>it would be a very permanent change that would alter the way the X-books functioned forever
Nothing's forever. Spider-Man was married for decades.

oh shit, I've read enough SF to know this doesn't end well

Aaaaaaaa

If it ends with the X-Men actually dying or some shit like that that's where I'm drawing the line. No more GXS after that.

>At a panel for "The Flash" at San Diego's Comic-Con International, it was revealed that classic DC Comics villain -- and non-speedster -- Doctor Alchemy will be making his debut in the third season as a villain.
i like how they clarify "non speedster"

Max. Come on dude. The computer is starting to spew gibberish. You should leave before something bad happens.

>actually watching
HA! Sucker. Although I remember Sup Forums being hyped as fuck when Livewire showed up. Fuckin' waifu-fags.

And yet there are still so many great uncollected DC runs.

Eye don't think that's such a good idea, Max...

how about that Tom Scioli SUPER POWERS?

Max, I fucking told you something bad would happen. Have fun being a telepath. And a villain.

I feel you. When those kind of things happen I just kind of go emotionally dulled on instinct, just to get through.

Thoughts with you and yours, storyteller.

Eye warned you...

Hi Storytimer!

I spend entirely too much money on comics merch today for someone who's going to have to pack it up and move in two weeks.

I did find Hitman trades for super cheap so that helps at least.

You can't just say stuff like that; I almost thought one of the good legions was getting a show.

Haven't looked at the thread yet 2bh

I can take Remender's plots, but he needs someone else in charge of character direction. I really do not need a repeat of flip-flopping-but-somehow-always-right-Wanda and Rogue the designated morality punching bag.

I was very lucky for a long extent of time and then two of the worst possible hit this year.

Hey OP, you know how you were talking about there not being a female equivalent of Slapstick's angst over not having a dick? I realized that the character that actually could have explored that would have been RoboLois.

Hey, I'd read a plot where Bendis ends up being the Final Boss of Marvel. Even if that's more of a DC metanarrative.

X-Men need to not be heroes desu.

I've kind of got the same thing happening. Lost one already, one very close to it.

It helps me to remember that despite the loss, I'm not alone, and I'm not the only one suffering loss either.

Not as a "other people have it worse" thing, just... helping not feeling isolated in these kinds of struggles.

If he's THE villain, that's an important clarification.

Jean was never a hero

DC
>Sales aren't just up in terms of individual issues, either; DiDio said that the bookstore market is also expanding. "We can talk about periodical sales, but if you want to know where the real growth is right now, it's in the mass market — the collections, the graphic novels. We see those sales expanding on a regular basis."

>This is important for books, where the target market isn't necessarily those who hit the comic store every Wednesday. DiDio called out Midnighter — a series launched last year featuring a hyper-violent gay superhero that was met with much critical success but soft sales in its monthly format — as being a title that benefited from this increase. "We've seen more life for Midnighter in the graphic novel area," DiDio said, leading to the October launch of the Midnighter and Apollo miniseries.

>"What we've seen is that, traditionally, if a book sells poorly as a periodical, it sells poorly as a trade. If it sells extraordinarily well as a periodical, it sells extraordinarily well as a trade," he explained. "What we've seen is that, with the Midnighter book in particular, [which had] a lot of great press, a lot of great reviews, that's where we've seen reviews really inform the sales on the graphic novel collection."

Marvel
>If you adapt the mentality that you're going to wait for trade, what you're doing is contributing to the cancellation of the series. Comics count on people being there once a month to pick them up," said Alonso. "It's important to support that small book. If we were to launch an 'Iceman' solo, support that book. Don't go, 'That first issue was great, I'll wait for the trade.'

when will marvel have non shit trades at non shit prices

>Fuckin' waifu-fags
Cranky, do you ever look in a mirror?

Hah! That's true, we got generalized roboangst instead of something more pointed.

the first one was...not unforeseen, the second one was a total shock. I'm not sure what's worse.

When Marvel has radically different people in charge at the top.

They're all about the short sell. Doubleshipping, events, the works, spoilers to try and get non-readers into the shop, the works. They'll only change direction when people like Brevoort and Alonso and the rest are replaced with folks who give a damn about trade waiters.

No, because I despise looking at my own face.

In any case, that was a joke. But this is Sup Forums, where subtlety is for chumps.

>his "DC: Meet the Co-Publishers" panel with Dan DiDio at Comic-Con International: San Diego, Jim Lee revealed that there were "plans" for WildStorm characters. Lee, who joined DC after selling WildStorm to the publisher in 1999, said that he plans to make an announcement at New York Comic Con that "I think people are going to be blown away" by.

>The only WildStorm character currently appearing in DC Comics is Midnighter in the new Nightwing series, with a Midnighter & Apollo miniseries scheduled to debut October 5 - one day before New York Comic Con.

>New York Comic Con is scheduled for October 6 through 9.

Dream titles and creative teams?

I have to think the short sell is wearing really hard on their core audience, and the X-block really is the battered spouse

I buy almost every trade we read here, unless it's an SOP of course.

I'm at 200 fucking books and after my last move I still haven't taken them off the piles in my corner and sorted them out again, it's just so many.

On the plus side, JLI vol. 3 and 4 just arrived today.

Can't really say either way. What matters is how we get through either.

It might be too much of me to say so, but take extra time for yourself in the oncoming days. Extra breathing room, relaxation, y'know, just a little bit more for yourself.

Not as a selfish thing, but as a personal health thing. God knows when I just plowed through and bottled up stuff it... did not end well for me.

Terrigenocide is unironically the greatest word ever

Authority with Orlando
WildCATS with I dunno, Seeley?

And Lee drawing neither of them

The core audience seems to eat it the fuck up, what they're really losing out on is building their audience outwards.

Though yeah, X-Men aren't on top of the world like they used to be, and pushing them through the extinction grind over and over does nothing to help them get back up there. People are hungering not for an annexation from the rest of the Marvel universe, but just to stop being on constant event/extinction status.

Also, jesus christ, to get some fucking people who can write a goddamn team book.

Stormwatch by Ellis, Midnighter by Orlando, WildCATs by Casey

DC has the right idea. Monthlies are going the way of the dodo if they don't adapt to the digital market.

And DC knows more than anybody how well trades do, with TKJ and TDKR continuing to sell gangbusters every year.

Also, that's a really ironic statement coming from Marvel, because they're quirky trash that nobody actually buys month to month seems to be designed to sell mostly in trade.

Yeah I don't like what it implies but it's a badass name desu

Fuck, I'd be all over SeeleyCATS

I am actually looking forward to work because it's constant shit to do and I'm moving around.

>someone with psychic powers has a nosebleed
What is with this trope? It's the same kind of thing as when a psychic holds out one hand, with the other hand resting the tip on their head. I get that it's a visual language thing, but I think the viewer can tell there's psychic shit going on otherwise.

I'd worship that goddess

>not wanting Lee to go back to WildCATs
Maximum pleb.

>when will marvel have non shit trades at non shit prices
Speaking of which, I bought the first classic Thunderbolts collection and it's REALLY thin. All these books have the same page count and the msrp for Thunderbolts was the highest at 35 bucks

>because they're quirky trash that nobody actually buys month to month

Hey now, I'm buying Gwenpool monthly!

Granted that's the ONLY thing I'm buying from Marvel, but it is still on my pull-list.

it's a good pun, used for terrible purposes

I'm guessing we'll get Super Sons details, JSA and LOSH info pls DC

Given how much uncollected stuff we read here, part of me thinks it would be fun to put together "JSA Storytime: The Bound Collection". But that would be a lot of time, effort, and money.

Marvel's model is throwing shit into the wind with zero support and seeing if it succeeds on its own.

Ms. Marvel easily could've been a 6 issue series if not for the shitstorm and subsequent publicity she got. Marvel certainly wasn't putting their back behind her from the beginning, only when she got word of mouth buzz.

I get that tactic. Not for me anymore, but I get it.

Just give yourself time when you do feel shit in you, is all.

twitter.com/DCComics/status/757014747556352001

>Kyle Rayner was left off the double-page #DCRebirth spread because of the plans the team has for him... #DCSDCC

>What is with this trope?

There was a blog written by a doctor that talking about mistakes in medical practice and terminology in TV shows and other media, and he had a recurring feature just posting every instance he could find of psychic nosebleeds in comics.

There's a LOT.

He'll draw three issues, delay two of them, and then leave

Suicide Squad was the first creative team announced back in like February, and Lee STILL couldn't do it without needing help despite Suicide Squad coming out in August.

Not sure if I should be worried or not.

I'm of the opinion that there's too many human green lanterns running around and I wish they'd just let Kyle stay White Lantern or Ion and only use him sparingly