Sup Forums will defend this

Sup Forums will defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

cartercenter.org/resources/pdfs/peace/democracy/des/voter-identification-requirements.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Even for liberals there is no way this can be controversial.

if you are really against voter ID's you are just saying you want to be able to rig elections with illegal voters.

you have to show ID to vote in Mexico

Fp only post needed. Please no one else reply. Let this thread die.

Why would anyone attack this?

Is this one of those USican things like the affordability of third-level education or medicine?

>I have to prove I am a citizen to vote
>Random Mexicans can't walk off the street and do it
Wooooooooooooow fucking oppression

Nice b8

No the democrats claim requiting ID's to vote is racist because Dequan and Juan are literally too stupid to get ID's

its classic leftists projecting racism.

But liberals do claim it's bad, and a means to keep blacks from voting

Nevermind that there are voter ID laws in much worse off countries than us including FUCKING INDIA

Rollerino

it's racist and classist

id is a privilege

But don't they need IDs to access welfare?

This is true, the voting credential has also long become the most trusted personal ID due to the several requirements and filters behind it.

But, our electoral system is built on a basis of mistrust. Mistrust of the government, mistrust of the political parties, mistrust of the voting officials, mistrust of the citizens. Checks and balances (including the voting ID) have been built all around it to prevent voting fraud which is a very real possibility here. I'm not sure that applies for the USA.

Also, the system is not cheap. Those credentials don't pay themselves.

Fuck yeah battlemage

They do, its a nonsense argument like the first post says.

Roll out

Roll roll

I've never voted.

Is it a common occurrence for an illegal beaner to just walk off the street and vote for a president of a country that they're not a citizen in? It's that easy to vote?

The machines in the swing states will be rigged to change votes on the back end as needed.
It's not like there's any way to confirm your vote at a later date, so why not?
There's literally no way to be caught.

No worse than showing ID to buy a gun

Roll. Not a spam, just rolling around.

Can I travel to US in November and vote for Trump?

This is me rolling so the system will not think my post is spam.

Probably in a liberal state yea

If you give your name as someone who is a citizen and sign the log book, yeah.

Even Canada as Liberal as we are, need to have an ID to vote.

Basic Common Sense, not an argument.

it is a privilege, so is voting.become a citizen you spic

Isn't the SS card enough?

And what's wrong with Asians?

It's funny to me that all the liberal shithole countries that Democrats praise like Canada, Sweden and Germany have voter ID laws but we can't have them because "muh racism". Democrats would not win elections without voter fraud.

In some states, yes.

Sup Forums should defend this

I voted in the last Michigan gubernatorial election when I was at UMich, insanity that this is controversial.

Don't poo in loos count as Asians?

rollingggg

ss card doesn't have a photo

we go everywhere with our IDs, in fact its illegal not to have it on you if you are 16 and older. Showing ID to vote is some super simple stuff. You take your credit card with you everywhere, why not take your ID to the election booth too burger?

why the fuck should anyone be allowed to vote without ID? that's some fucking zimbabwe-tier shit

Give me something to beat ctr

ready to roll

Indian subcontinent does count as Asia for demographic purposes.

The whole UK but Norn Iron votes without ID m8.
You just give name and address at your polling station

There is literally no valid reason not to have photo ID proof to vote.
The only thing liberals have against it is "DAS RACIST" and "WUH BOUT DA ILLEGALS"

ZIMBABWE
Registrants must present proof of identity and proof of residence in order to register to
vote.
cartercenter.org/resources/pdfs/peace/democracy/des/voter-identification-requirements.pdf

How would you rig an election in a system without photo IDs? In order to register you still have to be able to prove that you are 1. a US citizen, and 2. resident in the county (or state) in which you're voting. That's all verified using things like social security, so you can't slip extra people onto the electoral rolls who aren't citizens. The only danger of fraud in a system without voter IDs is that someone will turn up to the polling station and give the name of someone who is a citizen and eligible to vote there. But it's almost impossible to do en masse since it'll be discovered as soon as the real person turns up to vote.

The truth is that no investigation, by the Republicans or anyone else, has been able to turn up any evidence of organised voter fraud. Very few cases of voter fraud occur at all, and those are mostly unintentional mistakes by people with a historic felony who didn't realise they were barred from voting. Photo IDs are an answer to a problem that simply doesn't exist. (Or rather, they're a fairly transparent way of cutting down on the number of poor people voting.)

Not that it's a question of how much of a problem voter fraud is. It is simply unconstitutional to require any sort of payment in order to let people vote, and as long as things like drivers licences cost money they can't be used as a qualification for voting. If the government wants to pay for everyone to get a photo ID that would be another matter, but no one's suggested that yet.

That's what I said. I was debating this with my stepdad the other day. He's got more felonies than he can count and has a Bernie sticker on his truck. He said poor/blacks can't go to the dmv because they have to take time off of work. And apparently they close down dmvs in nigger neighborhoods.

Yes.

roll

>Not that it's a question of how much of a problem voter fraud is. It is simply unconstitutional to require any sort of payment in order to let people vote, and as long as things like drivers licences cost money they can't be used as a qualification for voting. If the government wants to pay for everyone to get a photo ID that would be another matter, but no one's suggested that yet.

You can easily save $7 by not buying big gulps and newports for a few days

rolling like a fagget

He's got his nuts all over Bernies reddit page all the time. I have no idea what filth he's been consuming from there

>He said poor/blacks can't go to the dmv because they have to take time off of work

>Poor people have multiple jobs myth

A lot of them are unemployed/underemployed.

huunanana

You can get a free picture ID by sending off for one. It's literally that straightforward and the beauty of it is they don't cost a penny.

>you can't get a driver's licence online in the USA
What is wrong with your country?

Dream Walker!

Rollerino

>I have no problem getting food stamps, section 8 housing, benefit subsidies for having illegitimate children, and utilities assistance
>I cant get an ID so asking for one is denying me my right to vote.

Either the welfare system really is fucked and rife for abuse or there is no issue. Pick one.

A segment of the population have demonstrated that they can't be trusted.

how could anyone ever need to defend the most meager bulwark against voting fraud?

Rawlin

Spam filter is being a FUCKING CUNT

What does that have to do with applying for a driver's licence online? You just give your name, address and national insurance number (what you call a social security number) and upload a passport worthy photo, pay the price and they post it to you.

I literally dont understand

dont you have a voters register in america?

Libs say it disenfranchises people who can't afford to go get an ID once every few years for a marginal cost.

Reality is, they want illegals and dead people to vote.

It's harder to register, but we don't have mandatory participation in elections in the US. You can just claim to be someone, you sign a voter role and then they let you go cast a vote. Easy as showing up early and having a phonebook.

b-b-but poor people can't afford an ID....

even though they use said ID to get welfare.

The disenfranchisement argument doesn't wash. Non-driver IDs are trivially inexpensive. And PLENTY of poor people have driver's licenses.

your mum has good taste in men

Why not? It's perfectly valid.
You should only be able to vote in one particular polling place, depending on the location of your residence. You show your ID and they cross you off a list.

Where's your reading comprehension and lack of naivete. Mexican smugglers would jump on this in two seconds.

Please. Are you telling me I couldn't look up a record of recently deceased people/list of names and pay some illegal/poor person 50 dollars and say "hey, go in there and vote for this candidate and I'll pay you"
Even if that didn't happen (which I assume you think it's possible because you did say it's "almost impossible") there's absolutely no reason to require some form of I.D. when you can get free state I.D cards specifically for voting. You said "no one's suggested that yet" but that's just a lie, as said.

Yes but since there's no proof when you actually go vote, you don't have to.
The only time you have to is during primaries, the actual election there's 0 checks.

>we don't have mandatory participation in elections in the US
Neither do we.
>You can just claim to be someone, you sign a voter role and then they let you go cast a vote. >Easy as showing up early and having a phonebook.
You can do that here too, you only need your name and address to vote. But it very rarely happens, like maybe once every 2nd election someone turns up to vote and is told they've already voted. This launches a full investigation and they can cast a provisional ballot regardless.

>Illegals are taking welfare!
>You need an ID for welfare!

Then how do illegals get welfare?

Conservishits BTFO by themselves again.

sage the thread but rolling

>He said poor/blacks can't go to the dmv because they have to take time off of work

I hope you pointed out the obvious error in his logic.

How would they have a social security number? It is checked against a database m8

Bravo rollan I lov u

Might as well.

Of COURSE I would defend it, you fucking idiot. Why SHOULDN'T you have to show ID to vote?

>need a social security number
cmon man.

they only defend it because minorities/poor who lack ID vote democrat. If they ever began to vote for GOP they would talk how voting id is anti fredum.

political opportunism hidden behind righteousness

They need an anchor.

BTFO

No, I won't defend it :^)
If the liberals will do nothing to stop voter fraud then I'll play the game that they've set up.

Don't you need ID to receive government benefits?

>Sanctuary cities
>An anchor child qualifies a household for the Needy Families Program or any other program within the web of welafare.

rollalo

It's easier when you look up people who are old, or have moved, or don't have lawn signs for their candidate.

In some states they made non-driver IDs free for people who wanted them and it was STILL ruled illegal by the libcucks. Happened in Pennsylvania, as one example.

Which are of course impossible to steal, right?

warrior pls

>every few years

In what state do you have to renew your license every few years? In NY its like 8 years. It costs 80 dollars to get your license (or state ID) and it costs like 50 to renew it. I really dont understand how even poor people couldnt afford that.

rollinggggggggggg

Rollerino

You can have someone like your neighbour take an oath that you're eligible to vote but they might have changed it

Rollan
You have to show ID in almost every country.

>implying
Most just renew it in the mail. If you let it expire you have to go in but there isn't a huge process for it.

Census Bureau data reveals that most U.S. families headed by illegal immigrants use taxpayer-funded welfare programs on behalf of their American-born ANCHOR BABIES.

Roll why nawt

People do stay on electoral registers after they die user. It's why Scotland's referendum turnout of 85% was so massive, once you take out the dead, the people who have moved out of Scotland and people who two addresses who may be registered twice (because they can vote in multiple local elections), it was basically full turnout of every registered voter in the country.

That's absolutely possible but that means that an illegal immigrant would need to
1. sneak across the border
2. steal a social security card (which I would hope nobody carries on them)
3. register for an I.D.
4. vote.
I don't really think that many people would go through that process just to vote.
Futhermore, identity theft is a serious crime, if you were an illegal, it'd be better to just fly under the radar, you know?

The fuck, it'd be pretty silly if you didn't have to show ID to vote.

If you don't, it's a pretty sure way of telling that your vote doesn't actually count.