Jesus

Jesus...

Gunn confirmed he's Quill's father.

Well that explains how he was able to tank an infinity stone, eh?

nope

nope

noooooooope

don't care about this movie at all anymore gunn is literally just gunning for memes

bullshit, sauce.

>Peter born from Ego

If he plays it right it can come off just as weird and spiritual as the original conception for Star-Lord.

Seeing that Mantis is added, I kind of want the weird back in the Engleheart creations.

>Ego gets announced for the MCU.

Who should play him?

It's Kurt Russell you dolt

Ian McKellen.

It's gotta be a misdirect. Gunn probably got sick of all the clickbait reporting on who Star-Lord's father might be that he put together some shit for a laugh. Ego's probably in the movie sure, but just as an easter egg.

Kurt Russel confirmed for Ego.

Dissappointed as I wanted Starhawk, and weired that Peter's dad is a planet.

Are you sure it wasn't him saying Quill has a planet sized ego?

>Drax makes a penis joke

nah fuck that

>this denial
There was literally a part of the trailer where Russell talks about how he constructed a human body.

gonna need a source there buddy

Everyone who was at the SDCC panel.

>Gunn goes to absurd lengths to give Quill a new origin that parallels Starhawk's
>Yondu' role is supposed to "make sense in context" as he knew Peter's father at one point
>LOL NO IT WAS EGO ALL ALONG :^)
>Ego has literally no connection to the Guardians whatsoever

I'm mad as hell.

Comic con fool

Kurt Russell is playing him you fool

>Russell's Ego lands in a spaceship and introduces himself as Peter's father. He says that constructed himself in a human form.
>"Did you make a penis?" Drax asks.
>Frustrated, Peter tries to shut him up.
>But Ego doesn't mind. "Yes, Drax. I made a penis."

That's funny as fuck.

Gunn's facebook confirms the Ego thing.

>GOTG comics are ruined
>GOTG movies are ruined
>all within the span of 3 years

This has to be a new record.

So you can say.. Quill's mom..
Got Planet banged...
Just wow

I bet they are going to pull parallels with Jesus/God/Religion.

Yo daddy's so fat!

Starhawk would be almost as weird as Ego, but I don't see Kurt Russel being willing to play a true Starhawk.

This isn't a Snyder shitpile.

>guys, Marvel Studios totally respects the source material!

Top fucking kek

>WE DISCLOSED THE IDENTITY OF PETER QUILL’S FATHER

>This is the biggie, I guess. And, yes, as many people guessed, or assumed, Kurt Russell is playing Peter Quill’s father. And Peter Quill’s father is (as almost no one has guessed)…

>EGO.

>Known in the comics as Ego the Living Planet. Yeah, his dad is a planet. Sort of. It will all be explained in the film..

>But to me, this is the absolute center of Vol. 2, and one of the reasons I’ve been so excited about it. When Marvel first approached me with the first movie, I thought, “Wait a second? A talking raccoon? Isn’t that a rather ridiculous idea to base a movie around?”

>It was then that I took a step back and asked myself: Okay, if a raccoon could talk, and shoot a machine gun, how could that be? And answering that question ended up being the entire foundation of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1. There was a sadness in the answer. Rocket was an animal experimented upon, torn apart and put back together, without compassion. He was the only being of his type, had never known any hint of kindness, and was utterly and completely alone until he met his fellow Guardians. And, one of them in particular – Groot – thought it was worth sacrificing his life for his sake. This melancholy and beautiful undercurrent helped to ground the character for me. He had far more in common with Frankenstein’s monster than he did Bugs Bunny. And I related to him, greatly, and I hoped other folks who felt like outsiders would as well.

>Ego seemed, in many ways, like an even more ridiculous character. But I asked myself, if a planet was alive, how could that be? And how could it father a child?

>The answers to those questions took me to a far deeper place that I expected. I don’t want to give away too many answers at this time. But what Nova Prime said about Peter’s father at the end of Vol. 1 is certainly true – he is something ancient and unknown. And, as we will discover, being a cosmic being, alone for eons, is perhaps even more lonely than being the universe’s sole talking raccoon.

>I can’t wait for you guys to see Kurt Russell bring this character to life onscreen. It has been a rapturous experience creating Ego with him. We have both pushed ourselves as far as we can go in making him real, and grounded, and emotionally centered.

Why does Marvel hate their Cosmic characters so much holy fuck

What a fucking asshat

I can't believe I ever liked this tool

>first a talking tree and an anthropomorphic raccoon with a really bad attitude and an affinity for comically sized guns
>then a living planet who banged an earth woman and had a kid
What's next?

>it's a good writer uplifts a character no one cared about episode

Sounds interesting. Need to see the film in order judge how well he pulls it off.

What's wrong with making Ego his dad? It's not like his dad has ever been an important part of his character. Hell when was the last time anyone has even seen J'son

>starlords mom is such a slut she fugged an ENTIRE PLANET

I also am failing to have a problem with this. It reeks of older style science fiction.

Now if it's done badly in the film, that's a different story, but so far all I've heard are the concepts.

About the only thing I'm really dreading is Marvel's inevitable movie follow up changes which destroy the current characters.

Cant wait for tueaday to hear pat bitch about this

Howard the Duck.

Oh wait.

I wasn't expecting this at all.

I really can't imagine what the fuck he would do next. Hopefully the third movie brings in a non-meme writer/director to salvage this trainwreck of a franchise.

>Mantis isn't green because she was fleshy in the comics first!
>makes Quill's dad a fucking planet for the sake of a stupid dick joke

I mean what the actual fuck

>Hell when was the last time anyone has even seen J'son

Wasn't he the bad guy in that stupid Dark Mirror or whatever crossover? I sure didn't read it.

I mean, really, the only place he can got from here is the Abstracts.

forty kek

He was villainous in some big Guardians event where everybody was ganging up on poor widdle Earth. IIRC that was either right before Dark Mirror or part of it.

>Mantis isn't green because she was fleshy in the comics first!

Is this really a problem? They already have two green cast members.

memes on memes

>implying they'll ever be anything more than an Easter egg in the first movie

>people actually wanted it to be j'son or starhawk

The real issue is that she isn't barefoot. Gunn can go fuck himself for that.

Don't forget, Ego was featured on Agents of SHIELD last season.

Ego is way weirder than Starhawk. Starhawk can easily be cool (discard the switching genders shit) but Ego has the potential of coming off as extremely weird.

It's not a problem per se it's just a hilarious justification on the part of a guy who clearly doesn't give a single fuck about anything else being true to the comics

I mean she's not even the Celestial Madonna, never studied with the priests of Pama (which would be a great way to expand on the Kree backstory he totally glossed over in the first movie)

Just reeks of self-important bullshit

No he wasn't.

Living Tribunal and 4th wall breaking jokes.
Maybe have the abstracts(sans the ones tied up to the FF franchise) show up
Have them realize they are in the middle of some major shit when Thanos shows up and starts slapping niggas shit.

Maybe even hint at the battle between him and Eternity.
Dear god let them show Thanos and Eternity duking it out.

>but Ego has the potential of coming off as extremely weird

durrrrrrrrrrr

>Just reeks of self-important bullshit
I mean, this is a Marvel movie we're talking about here.

Yo papapa so fat

Haha yeah man fuck me for wanting more GOTG in my GOTG movies right?

>we will never see the classic guardians together on the big screen
>Yondu will forever be a meme character from here on out

Well I meant moreso his transformation from human form to planet and back again.

Marvel movies are fun though, that's their main criticism even on Sup Forums

I'm sure the 5 comic GOTG fans are quite pissed.

I wish I can save this post and show it to Sup Forums 6 years ago

>What? No way troll, they will never make a GOTG movie

second best thing is this post next to posts from an archive about a GOTG possibility

Better update that Charlie-27 shrine for your webring.

No shit, but the cool kind of wierd that makes people go HOLY SHIT!
Not the off kind.

I honestly wish that he was some kind of mysterious benefactor and they realized that the reason why it seemed like he was the only one there and seemed to show up everywhere was because he was everywhere.

And after they make a skin of their teeth escape they just keep going and realize that they are not getting away, they think the ship is in a tractor beam or something but the movement of the stars tells them that the planet is following them

They look back and see a giant face. Then they are all hit with a psychic wave screaming something or other.

Something like that.

But this...has potential to be cool.
Will he have any powers or anything or will it just be...different.

You're damn right I'm pissed you fucking movie casual.

I had no problem with him changing around as long as he kept it firmly grounded in GOTG, but this is just absurd.

enjoy your bendis shit and old comics forever

>webring
holy shit

The OG guardians team have never been interesting outside of Annihilation and even then they paled in comparison to Nova and his shenanigans

SON OF A .... QUILLS FATHER IS EGO PRIME!

Bendis and Humphries are awful. I had a lot of faith in Gunn.

>OG Guardians
>Annihilation

You're joking.

I want drawfags to have pictures of Ego with a floating cup of wine trying to woo Quill's mom.

No shit. I storytimed about 15 or 16 issues of the OG Guardians when the first movie came out, and there was zero fucking interest on this board. Seeing someone sperging about how they're a hardcore fan and how Ego ruined their life is hilarious.

I have no idea what the fuck Marvel is doing anymore, but let's see where this train goes. I want to see them exhaust every facet of Marvel.

Wait, Peter's mom took a dick from a living planet? No wonder she ended up with cancer.

This is fucking stupid.

I guess the only thing I can say about this is, "not muh Guardians."
Like, it's fine that he's doing his own thing with them, I just don't understand why? The GDnA stuff put down a pretty good tonal bedrock for a film of scrappy fighters trying to hold the Universe together before everything fell apart. But they just all feel like different characters now, and that bums me out.

>>Thinking of an Ego size penis
>>CUM and get your loooooove!

Who said anything about it ruining my life? If anything it's probably a good thing ultimately, I can stop worrying about this shit.

And I'm sorry nobody else turned up for that storytime but I distinctly remember appreciating it. Sorry other people don't like the comics I've always loved I guess? Whatever.

I feel like Marvel is gonna get waaaaaay too tongue in cheek. I mean, the new Thor Ragonork logo makes it seem like they want the film to be a cheezy 80's fest.

>, I just don't understand why?

This is the most autistic shit i have ever heard in all of Sup Forums since that guy that was pissed because they gave him an underwater weight test.

You need to lurk more and stop posting then.

Finally, Marvel Adventures' Ego the Loving Planet gets adapted to the big screen.

>haha casuals aren't going to see this movie, they're going to think its too weird, a talking tree and a raccoon?

>WTF EGO IS HIS DAD???? WTF MARVEL THAT'S TOO FAR

Yes he was you idiot, he was the planet simmons was trapped on. Remember, it was "alive"?

And the moons you can see in the sky match Ego perfectly.

Your strawman doesn't make any sense. The raccoon and the tree are from the comics. Ego has never interacted with these characters (as far as I know, I'm no expert like this other user apparently is). No one is complaining about it being too weird, just that it doesn't really make any sense.

That planet wasn't even called Ego, it was called Maveth, and its history wasn't Ego's at all: Hive made its civilizations go to war, destroy each other, and turn the whole world into a wasteland. It being "alive" was all just Hive. Literally nothing to do with Ego. Now piss off.

>Ego has never interacted with these characters
>Or maybe they have
You're a fucking retard, dude.

I just want Matt to laugh his ass off and yell "EGO THE LIVING PLANET!"

>This is the most autistic shit i have ever heard in all of Sup Forums since that guy that was pissed because they gave him an underwater weight test.

His sister had to wear tight pants and a sport bra, so she enjoyed every minute of it.

That would be you since you lack such basic reading comprehension. I said as "far as I know," that's a perfectly valid clause to add because it hinges on the comics I've read.

And that doesn't change the fact that my point was that your strawman doesn't make any sense.

If you don't know the history of the comics maybe you shouldn't comment on it then, you dumb fuck?

I'm mixed on this, on one hand
>Oh neat, Ego!
On the other hand
>But isn't he a Thor villain? Why GotG?
Could Marvel pull something where Galactus could appear in the MCU if they reclassified him as a Thor antagonist?

>continuing to miss the point

Your attempts at deflection will not save you user. Your strawman was bad. I suggest you lurk more before trying your hand at epic memes.

So....who's going to be the first to draw up some Ego in planet form fucking Quill's mom? The internet needs this.

I'm not even the person you responded to, dipshit.

No you fucking idiot, the planet wasn't called Maveth before the super inhuman was banished there. It's alive, has tentacles growing out of the ground and the exact same moon setup as ego.

It's fucking ego, you daft cunt.

STOP TALKING ABOUT EGO THE LIVING PLANET