Why didn't anybody think he was justified for being angry at Steven for taking over his body?

Why didn't anybody think he was justified for being angry at Steven for taking over his body?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UtdHN0Rc7ck
youtube.com/watch?v=Fu1LCUJMnF0
youtube.com/watch?v=fks6pVaQQ04
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because everyone preferred Steven Lars

Because actual Lars is a douchebag who deserves the living shit kicked out of him

Cause Steven is sucrose bro, and everybody loves Steven.

Perfect boy.

Maybe Steven will fuck over Kiki or Mayor Dewey's life next and they'll gain some sympathy

Regular Lars is a jerk. So I thought it was interesting.

They just hate Lars

Are they ever gonna get into why Lars is such a tool? I'd understand if there was a crowd of kids acting that way but it's hard to blame his shittiness on insecurity when no one likes him and people constantly call him out

Normal Lars is shit and they like him better when he's not himself. And they like Steven better than him.

Hit a bit close to home

this, p. much. Sadie realized Steven-Lars was telling the truth just because he apologized for something.

You have to keep in mind everyone in Beach City who knows Steven knows he's a well-meaning kid but he's also got magic powers from his ayylmao mom. So him astral-possessing Lars is the equivalent of a normal boy breaking an expensive vase or something. Lars is being an overbearing jerk IN THE CONTEXT OF THE NARRATIVE so that's why the Cool Kids are standing up for him.

because A) they didn't knew steven was inside lar's body and B) lars is a full time edgy tryhard so they thought he was just being an asshole as usual

Some people are just fucking tools, man. Lars is dumb as a brick and has trouble empathizing with people. That's a nasty combination, but unfortunately not one you can do much about.

But hey, NOT taking over his brain and forcing him to play into your deluded fantasy where you ship him with the woman who kidnapped him would be a good start towards helping him develop into a happier, healthier individual.

That was a messed up episode, Steven went full controlling sociopath just because he didn't think the current state of Lars and Sadie's friendship wasn't correct.
Was this a critique on shippers and their obsessive ways where they can get quite insane or did the writers not realize how bad they made Steven behave?

>forcing him to play into your deluded fantasy where you ship him with the woman who kidnapped him
This made me hate Steven more than I already did

The thing is, lars is not only a dick but he is needlessly so. There is nothing for him to angst about. He has a high test grill willing to kill gem monsters with a sharpened stick just to touch his dick, loving parents, the cool guys would actually hang out with him if not for his dickishness and the most powerful and influential kid in the whole world considers him his best friend. Incidentally that kid is also part of the cool guys and tried to get him to hang out with them but he chose angsting.

He deserves all the suffering and more.

For the same reason he wasn't justified in getting mad at Sadie for stranding him on an island for who knows how long

>lmao your body got violated and used but who cares you are just a male after all!

Meanwhile Pearl tricking Garnet into fusing is LITERAL RAPE

Protagonist centered morality.

Also because Lars is a dick.

More of an excited kid beign naive about relationships and trying to 'fix' them.

Because at this part they didn't know Steven had been in Lars' body. All they saw was Lars trying to hurt Steven.

They've been making some weird choices with Steven this season. I get that they want to portray him as a heart-on-his-sleeve/hopeless romantic kid, but what Sadie did was FAR more monstrous than any of Lars's callous insults. The fact that Steven overlooks that is really bizarre to me.

What's funny is that Steven made Lars look worse than ever before by assaulting himself in front of the cool kids and Lars's parents

OTOH the whole misadventure got Lars to admit he really does have feelings for the only person in town who doesn't treat him like a fucking waste of skin. Sometimes it takes another person dragging you out of your selfish little comfort zone to do that.

Because Lars sucks. Somehow he's worse then Kevin.

It was a bad episode

Still not as bad as Beach City Drift though.

Steven overlooks it because his guardians neglect him, drag him into dangerous places, abandon him all the time, and he is used to people doing batshit crazy things like kidnapping you and holding you hostage for weeks at a time, and even try to kill you.

Steven was being a manipulative and controlling dick throughout this whole week

>Forces Greg and Pearl to interact with each other
>Used shapeshifting to circumvent safety rules cheat at a game and steal from an understaffed amusement park. Tries to make Peridot learn shapeshifting when it's physically not possible for her
>Took over Lars' body and tried to change Lars' life to fit his own fantasy
>Used fusion just to try to humiliate an arrogant guy who danced with them once.

A lot of abuses of power, is Steven due for a reality check soon?

I'd be willing to accept this as intentional canon if this show was on Netflix or something.

I always wonder why Sup Forums reaches as far as possible to try and paint something that is balls-on-the-wall obvious as some edgy shit that is the complete opposite of what's actually happening.

Is this some kind of shitposting

They didn't treat that as LITERAL RAPE because if the show was treating Pearl as a LITERAL RAPIST she would be a villain. Do you even feminism?

He's due for EVIL. It's in his nature. He'd be scarily good at it, too.

Steven should've taken over Sadie's body. He'd be more at home in it anyways.

I mean, his new best buddy is the same woman who was helping Jasper try to kill his entire family and maybe destroy the Earth.

Agreed. He's a douche and honestly? I can't see why Steven or sadie sadie even talk to him

I had this thought about Kevin and Lars being related and Lars wanting to be cool like him but it doesn't make much sense now that I think about it.

Sadie just has awful taste in men. Steven probably want to REDEMPTION ARC him like he does with antagonistic gems and centipeedles.

I'm not sure how much the Beach City residents know. Like, in the cool kids' first appearance, they didn't know Steven and he couldn't explain the magical bullshit to them. Of course with the thing with the big alien hand I'm sure everyone knows something by now, but to varying degrees. Steven's always bothering the donut teens so they know more about and are less fazed by his magical bullshit than, say, Mayor Dewey, who probably still thinks the gems are his aunts. They probably aren't equipped to even understand the extent of what Steven did.

because no one acknowledges magic events around them.
this show is very unsatisfying about no one responding appropriately to magic

Sure, but Steven was still a ginormous piece of shit

They already did, he wants to look cool and impress others by acting like he doesn't care about anything. He avoids Sadie and Ronaldo because he thinks they would ruin his image. He's just super insecure and anxious about anything social...

He was trying to get Lars to take over Sadie's body.

Forced mindreading/altering, possession, transformation etc. is the grossest shit to me.

Always just makes me hate the protagonist for doing that shit with their powers.

Please explain how this thread depicts the opposite of what happened

Nobody likes Lars is why.

I think you both misunderstand the show. The point is that no one cares. Yes, the things that the gems can do are surprising and wonderful and really cool, but ultimately humanity grew up with the knowledge that there were magical rock lesbians from space the whole time.

It'd be like if Jesus showed up for a few days in some random devout town in the Bible Belt or some shit. It'd be really amazing because it's Jesus and all, but it's not like anyone there is surprised that Jesus exists.

For all the character development that this show has, I think the Lars Sadie dynamic is just kind of awkward as far as any sort of arc for it goes.

Whenever it seems that one of them has learned something it's generally back to the status quo of Sadie being the hopeful romantic and Lars just being a dick again.

He's not wrong though, he has been really manipulative lately.

How many fucking episode are we going to have about Lars being a shit head?

We must have had over 5 by now.
It's all the same.
Lars is shit.
We get it.

He never changes so keep having episodes revolve around him being shitty?

I agree. I think they BOTH need to move on. Lars is genuinely too stupid to realize how hurtful he's being, and Sadie needs to find some other nerd to tap her tubby ass. There's gotta be someone else in Beach City desperate enough for that.

The thing is, I don't think the Crew knows what to do with him. If they suddenly have Lars start to learn to be less of a dick, what exactly is his character then?

>"Well he'd be a normal teenager then."

Yeah, but they don't do "normal" in this show. Everybody has a quirk or personality trait that defines them. At least the humans do. Lars is the dick because nobody else in town is a dick.

>Sadie needs to find some other nerd to tap her tubby ass.
I recommend the local zoo.

While I'd like more people to actually acknowledge what a big deal the monsters and alien invasions are for the town, there is a sort of implication that the only people who still live in Beach City are the ones who just kind of go with the flow of dangerous magical phenomena for some reason.

Kind of wish that Ronaldo wasn't just one-note comic relief. Might have been interesting to have someone actually questioning what the gems and their powers mean for the town's stability.

>Everybody has a quirk or personality trait that defines them
What's Sadie's thing?
Being cucked by Lars?

i mean this nigga

Sadie's the 6/10 that has a heart of gold and can shiv a fucker.

Because he's probably the first guy to show her any kind of interest which makes her obsess over hm in hopes that he'll eventually treat her like that consistently.

>plans to forcibly induce Stockholm Syndrome in an asshole who barely wants to give her the time of day
>heart of gold

I think we're a little past that. She needs to work her way back up from amoral sociopath now.

He got cucked like a Pearl.
He deserves to be cucked like a Pearl.

she is the woman that got away with kidnapping and poisoning people

Because Steven didn't do it on purpose and Lars is a real prick. Pretty much everything that happened in the episode was Steven acting like Steven and failing to realise Lars doesn't act that way. The only truly manipulative thing he did was tell Sadie that Lars loved her, which everyone involved already knows.

Lars acts like he's from our earth sometimes. Ronaldo treats this shit like it's uncommon and a crazy conspiracy. The Mahe- Connie's parents are freaked the fuck out by magic shit plus they think gem mutants are just deformed people. In general, only a super small, microscopic percentage of the human population has even witnessed any of this firsthand. Magic stuff still weirds people out, there's a lot they don't know about and they don't understand it, but the people in Beach City in particular probably get over any surprise quickly because the gems were there long before anyone else.

/SUG/ v0.8 is coming soon so we all must shitpost harder than ever.

Sadie's generally cute and likable outside of the Lars episodes, but her whole desire to "fix" him just brings out the worst in her, and no one really calls her out for it.

To be frank, he's not really wrong. Steven did say he brought Pearl just so Greg and her could make up, he did use powers to cheat (though who cares about that), he did try to change Lars' life because he's a shitty shipperfag, and he did use fusion because he was salty.

Steven's been a piece of shit recently

They could give him a different thing. It's not like they only know how to write one type of character. Maybe he doesn't do a total 180, but maybe he becomes a nice guy with a bit of attitude but not dick.

Especially since Sadie's Song was entirely about not trying to "fix" people. Although to be fair the problem Lars has is fixable and would be fixed with the slightest amount of introspection.

Because Squidward Tennisballs

>manipulative
>by getting people to confront the feelings they keep buried
>feelings which the very act of hiding make them lash out at others and drive everyone away
Yeah what a sadistic puppet master, why can't he just leave them all to sit in their hugboxes until they die of bedsores

I bet you hate psychiatrists for telling you to stop ogling your little sister in the shower, too

I honestly think introspection is beyond him. He's one of those people who does not experience empathy as strongly as normal people. He's always going to be a bitter cynic and he can only ever be with someone who is cool with that.

Sadie is NOT that person. I don't think anybody else in the show fits that description.

The insanity has set in on him.

Because the show is terribly written and Steve is a Mary Sue. Steven is an annoying character and everyone likes him because they have to.

People go to psychiatrists looking for help

None of these people asked Steven to interfere in their lives

I thought that episode where she traps everyone would be when she learns her lesson, but it keeps happening.

I think Sadie needs to find some new employment. She's clinging to this douche because they're obligated to spend a lot of time together and he occasionally defies his douchey nature and is "nice" to her, not understanding that it's exactly why Lars thinks he can treat her like shit the rest of the time.

>would be fixed with the slightest amount of introspection.
He already knows his problem and knows that people hate him for it. However, he also feels that if he were to "fix" it then people would assume he was just pranking them or doing it as a ploy to hurt their feelings.

He views himself as being too deep into his character, making him feel as though he should just go all the way (with the dickish personality), so he's reluctant to change it into something more likable

Steven decided what would be best for two people in his life. Was he right? Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that they didn't ask for his help. Don't be so obtuse

His problem isn't cynicism. His problem is he has this idea of "cool" and sticks with it to make himself popular. Everything he does is about his image. He wants to hang with the Cool Kids because they are popular, but he fails to realise why they are popular in the first place.

That's an interesting take, but I disagree.

>steven thinks pearl should come along on the father-son trip because it might get them closer, he literally says it

nope, he FORCES Greg and Pearl to interact with each other

>Used shapeshifting to circumvent safety rules

wow somebody stop this madman

>cheat at a game and steal from an understaffed amusement park

shit that never happens

>Tries to make Peridot learn shapeshifting when it's physically not possible for her

let's overlook the fact she tells them this after they try to teach her and that steven literally says he found himself on the same situation so they're gonna try and help her

>Took over Lars' body and tried to change Lars' life to fit his own fantasy

yeah man, he planned it all, it's not like he just woke up on lars body it and couldn't control his powers, it's also not like he was simply himself on lars body and as soon as he realized he didn't fit on lars life he told the truth, no he clearly had dark ulterior motives

>Used fusion just to try to humiliate an arrogant guy who danced with them once.

you mean he tried to get back on a smug prick?, wtf i hate steven now

It kind of seems like his parents just indulge his shitty behavior too much. Sometimes people aren't made into assholes, it's just that no one has managed to make them into good people.

Because agenda comes first before good storytelling. Sugar is a hack.

While I think Lars had the right to be pissed at the end, I still find it entertaining at just how easy it was for Steven to get along with the cool kids as Lars after making a handful of nice remarks.They're just really chill.

His perception of coolness doesn't define most of his interpersonal relationships, though. Most of it is just plain old lack of empathy. He doesn't consider other people's feelings or how they will react to the dumb shit he says.

That's just how some people are. His brain doesn't appear to be wired for it. Some of that could pass once he gets out of his teenage years, but he's never going to be the bleeding heart Steven or Sadie would want him to be.

>Sadie would want him to be.

the whole point of the episode is that sadie likes him the way he is, there's a whole fucking scene of her getting put off by steven's sweetness

she's probably the only person in the town who sees past his shitty behavior and thinks there's something salvageable in there

So is Lars Sup Forums's favorite character?
I'm seeing a lot of threads about him since the New Lars aired.

Lapis best gem and character. Bob best human.

>He views himself as being too deep into his character, making him feel as though he should just go all the way (with the dickish personality), so he's reluctant to change it into something more likable
This happens to other people too, right? Someone else has experience this, right?

>inb4 fusion is sex

I don't know if "likes him the way he is" is the correct way of putting it. Seems more like codependency to me.

>have one persona with family
>have another with different friends, changing s little bit to suit the time with each one
>have different personas and acts with everyone I interact with because I'm in too deep to change how they think of me
>some days don't know how the real me would act anymore

This short is relevant

youtu.be/UtdHN0Rc7ck

most people experience it to some degree, usually until something relatively hitting opens our eyes and we grow out of it

There is no "real you" user. Those personas weren't conjured out of the ether. They are all equal parts of the gestalt of yourself.

Now fight your shadow already. Reach out to the truth.

ITT: SUfags defends a little cunt actions because they think this show is perfect and Steven is a good boy who dindu nuffin

Lars, quit shitposting on Sup Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fu1LCUJMnF0
or
youtube.com/watch?v=fks6pVaQQ04

take your pick, just get to it.

it remind me of the ep where we found out Connie has continued to lie to her mom for no reason
then got ma at her the instant she started telling the truth for not believing something

then the ep acted like SHE was the unreasonable one

Because Lars is a moody cunthole that everyone but worst girl and the kid who wants to be friends with everyone would rather not be around

This is pretty standard for teenagers/people who still have no fucking idea who they are. Fact is that it's all in your head. You'll make it user, it just takes a little time and maturity.

>wtf i hate ___ now
Someone explain this shitty meme

Because everyone liked him better when Steven was in his body. The only thing Lars has going for him is high test.