So hows the job hunt going Sup Forums?

So hows the job hunt going Sup Forums?

Jesus Christ, this man is not suitable for the role of President. He is a fanatic and a racist pig, and belongs in jail.

Wrong thread

I'm currently a software engineering intern, but that ends this week when I go back to school. Decent pay and lax as fuck.

shekels deposited, but try harder to get a relevant thread next time goyim

I've never had trouble finding work. I have very little patience for unemployed males in their 20's. You're all obviously not even trying and you should be ashamed.

>has never heard of anyone being told the only thing wrong is that they're not a "cultural fit"
You realise there's a deliberate effort to ensure white men have a more difficult time finding employment in STEM, right?

Not being a cultural fit is what HR says to people who are too autistic.

Or when they literally don't know how to reject someone and decide to come up with the most ambiguous thing.

Also, less proxies please.

Currently working at my uni, don't know what I'll do when I graduate, probably gonna go for a master's in data science somewhere abroad.

Quit my job in, I guess it was April? Damn, that was a long time ago.

Got a new job for nearly twice as much, took awhile though, this week is my 4th week.

If you're a college graduate in a STEM field you should be able to find work even if it isn't in your area of professional expertise. There's no reason not to have a job while you look for a career.

My earlier post was obviously targeting the unemployed, not the underemployed. If the aforementioned job hunt that this thread was predicated upon is the hunt for a better job, than I have no issue with you.

Honestly, I can't get retail jobs because I'm too old and have a degree, I've already tried. I didn't do well in high school, so I didn't work and instead got as much marks as I could. In Australia, what tertiary education you go into is entirely dependent on how well you do in high school. It's literally impossible to argue there's any sort of racial or sexual discrimination beside the quotas and AA.

Then when I was doing my bachelor, no one would hire me because I'd be more expensive than a teenager and I'm a male.

I don't have the opportunity to be underemployed, I just apply to a bunch of programming jobs and basically contend with the obvious quota and diversity bullshit. It's pretty hellish considering I didn't choose to be a white male.

I don't receive welfare, my parents don't give me money besides for health reasons, NEEThood for me is being trapped in a room because that's the only thing I can do for free. I hate this existence, I wouldn't choose it for anyone, I've tried very hard to get a job and start my career, in the last 6 years I haven't once slacked off.

And your shit isn't helping. You just want to blame me and deny there's anything against me because that's easy. It's easy to yell it's my fault, it's easy to completely fail at empathy. It's easy to have a problem with me. You simply don't know the shit I've gone through.

Turned 24 last month and haven't done shit. Should I go back to college and study EE or learn a trade?

I own two houses and will probably retire by 35.

3 years into my current job, my boss (who is the head of the entire shop) is retiring next year and wants me to take over his position. I'm probably going to be quitting before that because I don't like being a mechanic.

You know what's easy? Not taking responsibility for your failures and shifting the blame onto everyone else. The whole world is against you finding employment because you're a white male? I'm a white male. I've got work in the morning.

Part of why I've never had trouble finding work is that I've got skills and I've made and maintained useful relationships. But even if I didn't, I've got friends and family that would help me find work if I needed it. And there are job listings everywhere, try looking in craigslist or the Australian equivalent.

I just don't buy it. You could find work swinging a hammer, or delivering pizzas, or driving a forklift if you wanted it. Anyone can.

1. How much do you make

2. What are you gonna do next?

Got a video invite for a big 4 internship. Last time I got one I fucked up and embarrassed myself, but it's one step closer.

>Last time I got one I fucked up and embarrassed myself
Do tell...

>You know what's easy? Not taking responsibility for your failures and shifting the blame onto everyone else.
Go fuck yourself.

>forklift
Was literally told I wasn't allowed to receive that training because I have a degree.

>pizza
They don't hire people without cars.

>anyone can
How the fuck did you get so naively ignorant? I've already applied for all these jobs. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Seriously go fuck yourself, I took responsibility for myself by getting a good GPA. I can't force people to give me a job, so what the fuck do you expect from me?

You have the "I got mine" sociopathy. You are literally the kind that could kill someone and

It's going great, it's only been 108 days and 54 applications in and I got two whole interviews

It's a private company, so its a non-commission and I'm making $11 an hour, working 40 hours a week with any OT being time and a half, and I have benefits. Though most of my pay goes straight out the window because I live with my folks and I pay $200 a paycheck in rent. ($400-$600 a month depending)

I'm getting back the $15,000 my father borrowed from me and finding a place to put a few months down payments and then work either a McJob, or what is most likely going to happen is I'm going to enlist in the Air Force do my 4 years and have them deal with my education. (Only had 1 year of college under my belt before having to drop due to financial reasons)

I actually want to pursue a restaurant or even a small bar ownership since my entire family has owned restaurants on my father's side. (though the last venture left us with a lot of debt)

>Applied to 6 jobs
>Got 6 job offers
You neets need a better degree

Jesus Christ, this man is not suitable for the role of President. He is a fanatic and a racist pig, and belongs in jail.

I DONT WANNA TALK ABOUT IT

I've only been 50 days sober and I don't trust my self enough to have a job and money right now, my parents are letting me live back at home currently and they know why I'm not looking and support it

>how's the job hunt going?
currently volunteering for a local politician running for house of reps. not really a lot of time to work (i am in uni)

Launched a website to help people save money through avoiding purchasing stuff new.

Spent $100 on ads, made $7, so I'm at -$93.

Things are going pretty good I guess.

oh my bad 109 days

thanks OP I wasn't already depressed about it or anything

I don't know how much worse Australia is than Pennsylvania. I like Australia and have always assumed that we share roughly the same standard of living. And there's a shopping center about a mile away from me and there's a building in the shopping center with a sign on it that says Career Link. And I could go in there and say "Hi! I need a job." And they'll find one for me. For free.

Look for something like that.

I work a full time job, a part time job and volunteer at the animal shelter.

Fuck you.

trying to figure out whether to accept a job offer where I get paid more, but my co-workers are complete morons. However, I don't have to worry about ever being benched while I'm searching for a new project.

The raise is 6% (85k), which is something I can get in 1 year at my current job. So I am unsure.

He can't those places give you access to jobs that have at minimum 200-300 people applying for it, the employer gets their prime pick for the positions advertised, he needs to find a job that isn't advertised.

Not just that but the government has the worst subsidy system ever, hire someone from a job service provider, receive subsidy, after a couple of months drop their hours, treat them like shit so they leave voluntarily, bring in the next person with a $6,000 subsidy attached for slave labour.

Luckily I've got a job now but I feel sorry for the poor fucks comin out of Uni.

What are the other pros and cons?

Morons are typically trainable and can be motivated to do better.

I just landed a contract today doing massive IT upgrades for a medium sized business and I'm running a one man show, and I'm being kept on to maintain it long term which won't be a full time thing. It's going to give me some great experience and credibility since I'm getting a lot of proven experience in really common business stuff.

I was blue pilled but since coming to Sup Forums and becoming red pilled I have been inspired to not just work, but go into business for myself.

I mean you guys are actually red pilled and aren't just freeloading while bitching about liberals right?

Software Engineering internships shouldn't be lax. You should be busting your ass to stand out. Those people you work with will make amazing references. I walked into my first job out of college making 80k + 15k in benefits without having to even interview because of my references from a previous internship.

Jesus Christ, this frog is not suitable for the role of normie. He is a meme and a neet virgin, and belongs in Japan.

I actually just got promoted and got a raise to 17.52
I started my job at 13 hr a year and a half ago.
401k, dental, health, etc too

it's pretty nice brosky
Also only 20 with no college
Not the greatest but this job is giving me a lot of raise opportunities

Not this job. It's incredibly hard to get rid of these chucklefucks.

There's been a large effort to hire "hardworking talent," but so far I haven't seen anyone that has impressed me with their knowledge or work ethic.

My current employer is filled to the brim with impressively hardworking & knowledgeable people.

I have no idea how those places operate. I would bet everything you say is true though.

Does this mean the shills are being absorbed into Sup Forums?

Remember, you're here forever

How bad can they be?
Maybe I'm just used to motivating people at my volunteer job. Usually if someone shows up on their free time going unpaid they're motivated and willing to learn.

Honestly, go with the one that's less of a personal risk for you I guess.

It means I've been waiting weeks for someone to reverse shitpost so I'm taking the job.

only poor people have to work.

i don't

Both have their risks. If Hillary wins, I have to jump ship and take the other job. If she doesn't, it doesn't really matter what I pick; I can go with whichever I enjoy the most (which is my current job).

Doesn't help much that I can't even tell with these cooked polls whether Trump is losing or not.

I'm glad you finally found a job user

Get off Sup Forums, Mom!

Any advice?

19. Want a simple warehouse job but everywhere wants 2+ years experience. Just cuck my shit up fa͏m.

I might have to go back to fast food if this keeps up

This i just a part time temp job. At least it's relevant to my degree.

working lol, i just mug gringos

>tfw employed

>Working

I study Japanese and programming in the comfort of my cozy room. Do you even algorithms and data structs, この野郎? Will be moving to Japan next year, get a comfy Seishin job, fuck all the kawaii nip girls, and make over 500,000 yen a month. Did I forget to mention the cost of living in Japan is waaaaaay cheaper than anywhere in the US? Kek, have fun wagies. My waifu laughs at you. 死ね

>26
>never had a steady job
>live with parents
>quit looking months ago because no work XP or references because no friends

>tfw people don't work fast food during their highschool yeas to gain that 2 year minimum experience

what the fuck did you guys do throughout highschool? I know yall didn't get straight As

See not well, my man

Fuck you. Get a job and give me grandchildren.

>the fuck did you guys do throughout highschool?
Read,COD4

I'm the exact same way.

Nothing. I'm a loser and will be homeless. I deserve it and brought it upon myself.

Currently doing cancer research during my gap year before I go into med school.

You need to join a job service agency through centrelink, the subsidy will help get you in and at the same time you've got to join a labour hire company. Those two together should get you your first chance with low hours but what happens after that is anybodies guess the industry is shaky depending on the area mate.

Apply to one of those pet stores. Like bathing and stuff like that.

I got a software job at a big defense contractor company I am probably not suppose to talk about

Thanks mate. Hate how this shit is so complicated. Dont want to study and just want to work? Get fucked mate.

> Finally get a job in the career I want
> Government blankets the industry with regulation
> Struggling to do my job + compliance + design at the same time
> Just need a good lead source to break through
> Every month it's either: lose job, break through or scrape by and try again next month
> Watch my brother get given $60,000, 0% family loan for a house deposit
> Best mate still working at the factory we worked at as kids earns twice as much as me, going to get $50,000 from an inheritance
> Mates brother hasn't worked a day in his life and has been sitting on the "disability" pension and smoking weed

I keep telling myself "the only thing stopping you from getting where you want to go is the bullshit story you tell yourself", it's hard sometimes. Oh well we're all in the same boat right?

> Muh affirmitve action
cry more faggot

at like google

You sound exactly like a "fat acceptance" cuck

This military industrial complex STEM gig is really nice. We just sold a billion dollars of tanks to the KSA, thanks to Hillary Clinton, John Kerry and Barack Obama. Trump will stop the gravy train therefore he is a nazi.

Gave up.

Anyone here work for the state department? I'm studying for the FSOT right now, curious to hear others experiences.

OPSEC NIGGA, now you compromised

24 and haven't don't shit. What do?

Just got laid off last Thursday, but I knew it was coming so I saved up and am now going to enjoy a few months as a glorious neet.

Join the armed forces like a boss!

Recent grad professional EE here. Study CS instead, good EE jobs are getting rarer by the day. Also, software dev is way less frustrating than hardware.

Professional shitposter and Trump apologist

I have become a job

Is EE really difficult than CS?

The only time you're gonna get laid, my friend

burger king cashier 13/hr

luckily my mother is buying me a condo

Good! I work as a cashier at K-Mart, started about two weeks ago.

>work checkout yesterday
>see a chick co-worker with blonde hair and blue eyes
>talk with her during the slow parts of the shift
>time to clock out for the day
>machine acts retarded, can't clock out
>ask for some help since she probably knows how to do it properly
>she asks for my passcode because she is doing it for me (its a 4-digit number we have to create ourselves every week)
>me:"Mine is 1488"
>her:"Really? Mine too!" (it actually was, saw her clock out too and it was the same passcode)
>me:"O-oh, cool."

Massage Therapist at a Spa.
Is pretty good getting paid (and tipped) to feel up girls all day