Bojack Horseman Season 3

Just more Anons getting depressed over a talking, 1200 lb horse and his zany friends.

And it's great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zTm6bGOT7Wc
youtube.com/watch?v=DH1m_ZMO7GU
youtu.be/GpIrMnVd5l8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BoJack did nothing wrong. Besides everything.

Fuck Todd.
Who do you blame for being a fuck up Sup Forums?

he's going to kill himself at some point right

That would be a pretty cop out ending to be honest and I would like to hope this show's writers are better then that.

Bojack is a horrible person that deserves every bad thing that happens to him and worse. Every choice he makes is the wrong one and he does it intentionally. He's a blackhole of sadness and depression and will suck in everyone and everything around him. He's more ass than horse.

It would be too easy.

Let's real talk for a second. Can you really not blame his entire upbringing for the horrible life he has now? I mean imagine if the exact same life happened to you. How well do you think you'd turn out?

I really want to know where the production team finds such fitting music for the show. The song that played at the end of Episode 12 is fantastic.
youtube.com/watch?v=zTm6bGOT7Wc

Letting one aspect of your childhood define you is pathetic and just an excuse.

I blame the unsafe attachment he formed with his mother in his first year of life.
Read about it, that shit can fuck you up good.
Also, the gay friend who put him in the Horsing around show was also quite the asshole.

You guys i guess

My psychologist says I am not able to see the positives of anything. And I am self critical of how everything could be done better

Fairly sure horse-people aren't actually as heavy as real horses.

Bojack is probably 300lbs at most (his/their heads probably add a lot of weight compared to humans).

Just finished the last episode of season 3. I got to say, it's another hit, probably the best so far. I just wonder why I watch this show, now I feel depressed. Bojack's character feels too real to me. We can all identify with Bojack and his self destructive attitude and I believe that's what makes this show so great. We feel for Bojack because maybe we have a bit of Bojack in ourselves. Now we return to our horrid and wait for season 4. Can't wait to start the depressive cycle again.

youtube.com/watch?v=DH1m_ZMO7GU
I was the avoidant baby.

Sorry user.

It's alright, remember to check this on you too

>thought I was like bojack
>turns out I'm really more of a diane

Stop visting Sup Forums, it's not funny may mays or edgy teen shit anymore. We're a bunch of depressed assholes comforting other depressed assholes. Life is better without Sup Forums

I think he canonically doesn't have a horse sized dick so I can't imagine he weighs as much as a real horse. That being said early on he did say it takes a lot more beer for him to get drunk due to his size.

>things falling apart through no fault of his own like kelsey's movie and the oscar nomination
>hyperventilating and trying to sabotage things because they might fail
>Bojack's mom telling him he's broken
>"It's you"
I just don't know anymore man

I really want Bojack to end up with her. Especially after this season. She's the only person besides Diane that really knows him and understands what he's been through. She wouldn't let him wallow in self pity or put an unhealthy amount of blame on other people when he starts to go off the deep end. He, when he doesn't let himself get caught up in ego and depression, has the capacity to be fatherly. To truly be kind, and honest with her when she wants to fall back into her bad habits of trying to fix everyone but herself.

They've already set up the possibility, but they still have to work through their issues on their own before they'd even be willing to truly try.

It's the only way I can see how they'd scrape out a mildly happy ending from the depressing wreckage that is this season. Right back at the beginning of the show in the broadest sense of the word, but with everyone understanding that they're not perfect, they're not incredibly special, they're not free from flaws.

codependency is a bad thing user. If you honestly think they are good together you have a shitty world view lad

There are no positives to anything in this world. Everything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Anything that is going well will eventually not go well. Everyone that is having a good time will degenerate into a bad time, because that is how things are.

Money cannot help us escape ourselves, as Bojack Horseman shows. Nothing can help us escape ourselves. We only see the cold and harsh reality of life if we truly choose to accept it.

You and me. We know what this place is really like. We are not deluded.

>I know that I'm a Diane since she hid in Bojacks house for months pretending to still be at the war zone for Mr. Peanut Butter
>I'm also that person that at first seems to have her shit together
Feels bad.

Hell, even with just the head (and neck) being different, horse-men's hearts would have to be way bigger and pump way more blood than a human's would, just to keep them from constantly passing out whenever they're in any position other than laying horizontal on the ground.

...well, shit, I just started rewatching from the first season, I'm on the first episode, and Bojack JUST said he weighs 1200 lbs.

HOW. Is he made out of molybednum or something?

This show had two of the best Batman actors in it.
Brave and the Bold Batman
Lego Batman

Go to sleep Asriel.

"One aspect" is not the case. It was decades of abbuse

I feel like Diane and Bojack are gonna get together at some point. Would it work out?

Having a mean mother saying mean things to you when you're a kid doesn't justify you being a shit when you're 50.

>childhood
She tried to drown him in the tub at 22!

So was Ernie unable to find any horse children?

I'm glad you didn't grew up in an abusive household user.

Maybe it's a gag.

I get the sense that the only things she's ever said to him have been mean.

I want Bojack to have a Near Death esperience.
as he's having it I want him to hear two voices.
Herb's and Sarah Lynn's.
Herb telling him to do everyone a favor and just die while Sarah Lynn begs him to keep living.

I see what you did there.

This.

I realized that when I stopped obsessively reading every post about my hobbies, I enjoyed them much more.

If you want to enjoy comics, don't read about them on social media. Video games, tabletop games, food, music. Just enjoy what you enjoy, social media is like having Bojack give an opinion. Its poison.

>sarah Lynn
>giving even the slightest fuck

To be fair, most of the problems with the characters is:
1) Lack of self-actualization, all of them are looking for purpose or a sense of greater satisfaction.
2) Lack of distraction, with the exception of PC every one of them have a huge amount of time on their hands on any given day with which they either make stupid decisions or stew in their own bullshit.

Hollywoo life is what ruins them all.

So what's up with Bojack having a daughter?

No remember that PC was able to throw him around.

She must be Hulk tier.

Alright I just finished the last episode then, watched 6 episodes yesterday and 6 today, so I'll just do a bit of a ramble while it's fresh in my mind. I probably should have rewatched the first two seasons because there were a few characters I didn't remember too well (i.e the rabbit working with Gecko). I thought it was great just like the first two seasons, the right balance of melancholy. I hope the show ends next season though (haven't looked at any news so maybe they aren't even doing one, not really sure) because it's starting to get a little too much in a loop (even though that's the point of Bojack fucking up). Also Sarah Lynn dying, which I think was a good thing to do to make stuff more real. The show is really good at making you binge watch it as well by having perfect endings ("No", "Sarah Lynn", etc. They didn't really focus on Bojack's parents or anything which I think could've been good but they did a fair amount of that in S2 so it's understandable. Overall really solid, the writers are great at being consistent but I'm glad they took a chance with some of the things in this season because they were great.
Also I know episode 4 was deliberately intended to be one of those "classic" episodes (which normally annoys me) but they did it brilliantly.
I thought I had a few images saved from the last season's threads so I was going to post one of those but I might have deleted them, rip.

You don't go on a colossal lethal bender with someone you don't give a fuck about

Countless sexual partners, It was bound to happen.

Post yfw youtu.be/GpIrMnVd5l8 started playing.

To be fair, at the end of the bender she was sort of at the same place he's at where they want to actually turn their lives around and do something useful.

Her last words were "I want to be an architect" after all, and prior to that she was musing about college. The bender and seeing where Bojack ended up made her want to be better, and also took away her chance at it. Like a Twilight Zone ending of an episode Rod wrote while really depressed or pissed off at someone.

Sure she cares but she'd still tell him to eat a dick

Remember early on when he said he's given women lots of money for abortions over the years, and never really followed through on if they did it or not?

he's had a ton of unprotected sex and paid for several abortions without confirming they went through.
He's got bastards by the boatload

>expecting Rudabega to have an affair with Gekko
>it's an actual business partnership

Color me surprised.

The show will run for nine seasons and end with Bojack dying in hospital from "not being loved enough".

Anyone else think the series is going to end with Bojack doing something to get away from Hollywoo again, getting into a situation where he faces death, realizes how stupid he has been his whole life and finally gets it, but end up dying in an accident of some sort

I disagree.
I honestly think she'd want him to live.

fuck off Padme

Same, I was waiting for that.
Also the payoff to the earlier part where the manatee recorded him saying Secretariat was CGI, because Ana just said "I took care of it" and nothing really happened.

They're the good guys, user.

I don't disagree but it isn't in her character to 'beg[s] him to keep on living'

The two are exactly what the main cast would look like if they got their shit together.

I think the entire purpose of that is to show that none of the characters are past the point of no return, making the tragedy to come even greater. A lot of the theme of the season was pulling the rug out from under everyone, and making there be no excuses for their bullshit. Diane is still painfully without a purpose because she can't come up with a job for herself, Princess is still thriving on something she hates because it gives her a sense of purpose and is unwilling to give up the game regardless of being very aware of what she loses by playing it, Bojack is still meandering emotionally from thing to thing and not learning any lessons, Peanutbutter doesn't have his life figured out because he's been shown to be very emotionally fragile despite his relaxed attitude and general friendliness which is why I relate heavily to him , and Todd is still a complete mess unwilling to stick to anything or secure his life while shrugging off everything other than his own sense of having been wronged.

Ethan kills Bojack, calling it now

She wouldn't beg, more like she'd be all "Don't you even Fucking think of dying yet Bojack!"

I would like that but it feels like if they were going to do it they needed to lay more of the groundwork this season instead of push them further apart.

More like Herb giving him shit for every fucked up thing he's done, while she gives excuses and points to him at least trying.

Even better, if they play it that way it comes across as something that could have just been his own normal thought process in a delirious state thinking he's talking to them. Herb could be explained as his own self-hatred and guilt, she is his happier thoughts when he tries to make himself feel better, and in the end it can be argued he's still the same regardless.

The problem is that it lasts well into his 20s, which causes him to be fucked up in his 20s and make his life worse, which spirals from there. How is he ever supposed to recover when he's been fucked up from the start? He tries and tries but can never stop it.

>post yfw
Captain still dies
and Mr. stops being nice

>Shark fin
>White rhino horn

Holy shit, that'd be like having "Mexican pinky" and "Thai nose" as smoothie ingredients.

She's fucking evil!

>not taking thai nose

>More like Herb giving him shit for every fucked up thing he's done, while she gives excuses
This is in character. Points for trying is a little off but making excuses is both technically supportive and in line with her standard actions.

Okay, so the painting looks like her in the nightie in the opening.

The painting of her above her bed was the drowning of a female character in Hamlet as foreshadowing, what's this one?

Ooh ohh

>Mr. wants to raise his nephews
>Diane doesn't want to take care of kids
>They fight over this
>This is what tips Diane over the edge and she shits on her husband on the mouse girl's website
>This compromises Mr. Peanutbutter's chances of becoming the mayor

They'll be so miserable, I'm excited!

Did you not see the chicken episode?

I'd fame it like this.

"That's an excuse, Bojack!"
"Well at least he's trying, unlike you were!"
"I died of cancer! That's not a lack of trying!"
"Sounds like an excuse to me. Lots of people survived cancer, like that guy who played The Hulk!"

Then you que a joke about there being three Hulk actors, with the punchline being a Ruffalo=Buffalo pun.

So at what point during all of this does she fuck Bojack.

it's a Nature vs Nurture Debate and they seem to be leaning towards Nature (You were Born Broken, It's just YOU)
But at the same time people Theorize that the Nature argument in an attempt to make people more easy to catagorize and subsequently blame for their actions and the two people saying it have reason to Deflect blame (Bojack's mother for putting him through hell for more than 20 years and Todd for trying to avoid redhead's affections with a side of being just about as horrible of a person as Bojack is)

Temple is Jewish church

Herb didn't die of cancer, he crashed his car and got covered in something he was deathly allergic to IIRC

What if he was born damaged but fixable and then his parents' abuse solidified his brokenness and prevented him from being capable of fixing himself?

I felt like teasing us with sarah lynn in the motel and then actually doing it cheapened it.

that's the third option, that people are born with certain natures but the right/wrong upbringing can save/ruin them

Yeah, I know that. I'm talking about the painting, not the dialogue.

However, I think the flowers are poppies. Besides poppies being connected to opium, they are also symbolic of death, more specifically a restful or peaceful death.

I thought it was perfect. Her dying in the drug run was sort of cliche and a forgone conclusion at this point. The fakeout gave people a chance to think it was a gag before the real hit later.

I don't think it was teasing per say. More like representative of just how tired she was.

You go too long without sleep, you really can go into a silent cardiac arrest and die. Suddenly getting a full nights sleep doesn't suddenly reverse the effects either, if you go too long without sleep it can take months of regular sleep before your body returns to normal. Permanent damage can still be present though. We don't know how she was sleeping during the bender.

It was such an obvious double fake out though, the second she woke up I knew she'd be dead by the end of the episode. The planetarium scene didn't even really hit me that hard because of it.

This is the original, it's called "The Birthday" by Marc Chagall

It was never going to hit hard. Ever. If you didn't see the drug bender start and immediately think oh, she's dead isn't she then the fake out wasn't for you.

>It was never going to hit hard. Ever.
Well obviously not if you read the posts people are making in these threads, clearly a lot of people felt like it hit them hard.

>If you didn't see the drug bender start and immediately think oh, she's dead isn't she then the fake out wasn't for you.
It was obvious from the start of the bender which is exactly why the fakeout was terrible, it was some attempt to be clever and throw people off knowing what was going to happen but it was all so obvious.

BOJACK KILLS

>Every choice he makes is the wrong one and he does it intentionally.
Season 3 episode 4

the foreshadowing in this show is fucking brutal tbqh i'll be generally surprised if the daughter who calls doesn't get involved in s4

>Banging the feminism out of hypocritical trollops.

That's our BoJack!

you mean the episode that started with him making bad choices that led to an adventure with a baby he only met because of a bad choice?

She'll definitely be in it but I wouldn't be surprised if its just a tiny bit at the end. I mean, look at all the Jill Pill hype.

What part of him meeting the baby was a bad choice? The only part of the meeting that was Bojack's fault was that he fell asleep on the bus instead of getting off sooner and that isn't a choice.

But he didn't ONLY make bad choices. He could have left the baby.

Is bojack going to die or is he going to fix his shit?

Will he even have anyone left in his life to witness either?

Who voiced The Closer?

its a fucking shame she's the best feminist in the show and yet won't get recognition on how a feminist character should be, a person who happens to be a feminist and not just her sole character

>implying baby seahorses don't get left on buses all the time
>implying our pure oceans aren't over run with the fuckers
>implying "muh gubmint" isn't the only reason these "gimmie dat" seahorses don't keep having so many kids

He should have left the baby. It was going to end up on the governments dime anyway.