The Flash Season 3

youtube.com/watch?v=5LGQRbPERaU

Comic-Con First Look Trailer. Get Hyped.
>Matt Letscher returning as Thawne.
>Cavanagh as a new character.
>Wally as Black Flash.
>Tom Felton as new CSI and Barry's rival.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vu5m9KbErMA
comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-the-flash-cast-crew-offer-insight-into-flashpoint-season-3
youtube.com/watch?v=_rkM4O2XjZ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

God this looks like crap

"Look what YOU did" Eobard Thawne.

What's wrong with it?

>Barry has kept Thawne in a basement cell for 15 years
I can already taste the salt...

We just got past all the romance bullshit, and now it's back full force.

We're also not getting a season based on the Rogues, or someone interesting like Abra Kadabra. We're getting another speedster.

Also we're getting black Kid Flash, which totally doesn't work without Wallys ginger lovely hair.

>Eobeard Thawne

I can already hear it.

> Y'know, with your power, you could change his history for the better. You could've stop JFK from getting assassinated, or made sure Hitler stayed in art school. But no. You had to "save your mommy".

Fuck the haters, I'm so hype.

Are they getting ArrowDad to replace BatDad? Will there still be a war between Themyscira and Atlantis? Since we're getting Superman, will he be a malnourished twig held up in some facility?

Probably not, but let's still have hope!

We are getting Dr. Alchemy in a major role.

>No Rogues
>No Wells
>No Linda Park
>No Caitlin
>Only Flashpoint universe

I'm...concerned.

>I like to call it "Flashpoint™"
Fucking dropped

>No Wells
The worst offence.

Which version of Wells is Cavanagh gonna play next?

Glad they are bringing Letscher back.

>Season is 24 episodes long
>Thinking Flashpoint will last beyond 5 episodes

You niggas dumb.

>"Just a mirage bro!"
Godammit, it's just going to end up going back to normal as if nothing happened. S4 is basically going to be s2 2.0

I wonder how Vibe is going to take Barry rebooting the timeline for years and years when things get back to normal. I mean, going back a day is what really sparked his powers to manifest, and going to another Earth caused them to grow. Maybe this is what's going to cause him to go full Vibe.

Probably not a war or anything like that, but I hope the speech happens still. If anything I'm betting it'll involve the Time Wraiths and how with Barry fucking up the timeline he's created a lot of paradoxes, like Zoom/Black Flash being in the timestream but no longer having what put him there, or Eobard now being denied his origin story. Barry probably unleashed some cosmic speedforce horror with what he did.

Alchemy could be neat.

>wally as black flash
>not wally as the flash

why you gotta make it racial?

Wow you must be pretty dumb if you think they were going to just erase 46 episodes of character development to set up a weird status quo where the main character has no problems and isn't a superhero

That's the best part, I did nothing

>wally's costume

i came 10000 times

>Wally as Black Flash.
ebin :)

NOW WHO'S THE VILLAIN, FLASH!? NOW WHO'S THE VILLAIN!?

>IT WAS YOU, BARRY

>Will there still be a war between Themyscira and Atlantis? Since we're getting Superman, will he be a malnourished twig held up in some facility?

this is the CW, they can only afford to set it in a coffee shop

We are getting a speedster but the main villain is apparently Dr Alchemy and this is even hinted in the trailer itself

>"no X"
>"looks shit"
>trailer made from literally one episode
good job Sup Forums

>Cavanagh as a new character
I hope this is goint to be a recurring thing at the start of every new season
>Season 10: Hello Barry I'm your new plumber.

>5 episodes
nah that's a bit to excessive. i'd say 2 episodes because they confirmed felicity for episode 3

Go to the Arrow thread and say that

Why is everyone actnig like we know what the whole season is going to be about? This trailer only covers the first couple episodes because that's all they have fucking filmed so far jesus christ

We already know Wells is coming back

>Why is everyone actnig like we know what the whole season is going to be about?
because the internet always overreacts to trailers and for some reason think television seasons are complete when they air (which is only true for mini-series but not for 20-something episode seasons)

Arrow has two awful seasons in a row, though.

The Flash has one great season and one pretty good season.

This is basically just an episode trailer, it's obvious Flashpoint won't last that long.

I would say they had half of an awful season. People forget that the beginning of S3 was great. Am i the only one who enjoyed S4? I mean it obviously had its problems but it had some pretty solid episodes

I'd say there's an outside chance it lasts until midseason but probably more like 2-3 episodes.

Anyone else think they come with seasonal shake-ups around finding some way to give Cavanagh new roles to play. If they keep this up we're going to be wanting an episode centered around all the different Dr. Wells meeting ala a Doctor Who multi-doctor episode.

Season 4 had some decent episodes, like the one where Laurel died (that is, all the stuff that happened BEFORE she died). But Felicity is cancer.

Who's he?

>Tom Felton
Neat.

Found Cavanaugh

Tom Cavanaugh

Are those meant to be gills? Looks like a lake monster from Scooby Doo.

It can be her Flashpoint version.

Pretty sure those are just his headfins.

How is this possible? What happens to the Barry that traveled back in time to save his mom and Barry as a child? They can't coexist, can they? So if adult Barry dissapears after saving his mom, who kept Eobard alive in the basement for 15 years?

S P E E D F O R C E

P

E

E

D

F

O

R

C

E

That's a great Scarecrow costume.

>We already know Wells is coming back

Sauce needed.

It does look pretty dope.

Also, they've only been filming for a week and a half, so there's only so much footage, unfinished or not, they could show.

Don't they always release 2 more trailers after the Comic Con one?

Too bad it's Ragman

Whom else will Cavanagh play?

He's probably an angsty version of flashpoint'd Earth One Wells that got screwed over by Cisco.

>"Flashpoint"
>it's more like the alternate universe of season 2 than the apocalyptic nightmare of the Flashpoint comic
>Instead of a horrifying grim reality, it's a reality where everything went right: Iris is fine, Joe is a cop just like usual, Cisco is rich and successful, Thawne is in prison, Barry's parents are both alive and Wally is a superhero

This Flashpoint sucks dick. I knew they wouldn't use Batman and all those Justice League guys, but I didn't expect them to completely miss the point so damn hard

In Flashpoint Barry is desperately trying to change the timeline back before it's too late. This universe in Season 3 of the show looks like a place Barry would prefer to stay, and it's probably going to take Thawne or someone to convince him that he has to change it back

So, Dr. Elias then?

To be totally fair, another Speedster should be the only thing that can trouble a Speedster, unless they have plot induced incompetence.

This.

Remember Zoom's "war" using thrift store supervillains? Let's not suffer that again.

>another Speedster should be the only thing that can trouble a Speedster
Or an AoE power like Turtle's.

Do you really think everything is going to stay good? Being Barry is suffering, he isn't allowed to be happy for more than an episode.

80% of the Flash episodes are Barry having trouble due to plot-induced incompetence, tho. He regularly has trouble with people who shouldn't even be able to touch him, or even see him coming before he's hit them over the back of the head.

>80%
That's a nice figure you pulled out of your ass.

>That's a nice figure you pulled out of your ass.
We all know that only about 10% of statistics are actually faked mate.

You got me.

>We just got past all the romance bullshit, and now it's back full force.
>cw show
>he thinks romance bullshit can just disappear

delusional.

Pretty shit Flagman tbqh

I like the Wally suit but I wish they would have gone with my idea - RF top, Flash bottom, season 1 emblem.

Hype as fuck

Flash Season 1 and 2 were fun as fuck, so this will be too.

Things to note;

>Trailer is only showing the first few episodes
>Flashpoint (the stuff in the trailer) is only the first few episodes
>Effectively, the entire Season is still unknown to us. So don't panic about the "lack of Rogues"/"Another Speedster?!", ect.

Now my own humble opinions;

>"""Flashpoint""" may as well just be Earth 3, because aside from Barry's mother being alive,
>it looks like this will have little-to-no actual draw from the Flashpoint story.
>I think they're pussying out and will go back to a painful status quo when Flashpoint is done,
>which is a shame because this was the exact moment in time they needed to mix things up
>Makes me worried that Flash has hit its peak and Season 3 will get dull quickly, similar to Arrow

It's happened on other shows

Remember Eureka?

This. Why do people like the Rogues when they're all jokes that could never be a threat to someone of the Flash's power level?

five bucks say barry will decide to revert flashpoint when wally gets murdered

Besides obvious reasons they have been fun characters that represent Flash's world. The Rogues and Grodd are the biggest villains Flash has that aren't speedsters. Do you want all of Flash's villains to be speedsters?

holy shit that is the worst fucking thing ive ever seen

I honestly have to agree.

I'm sure things are going to get worse, but at the start this looks pretty damn good for Barry. Flashpoint is supposed to be fucked up from the get-go to show how badly Barry fucked up.

That's not to say I'm not excited though.

The Rogues are their best when they outwit the Flash instead of trying to overpower him:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vu5m9KbErMA

Speedster villains are fine but they don't all have to be big bads. That kind of mentality hurts the show.

Well good thing this big bad this season isn't a speedster.

comicbookresources.com/article/sdcc-the-flash-cast-crew-offer-insight-into-flashpoint-season-3

>The Helbings revealed "Arrow's" Felicity Smoak will appear in the second episode of the season "to give Barry some advice," as Gustin put it.

Great news!

>"What's nice is not being on the show and being allowed to come down to Comic-Con," Cavanagh joked.

Okay who is he playing? Guy in the black suit?
I miss Wellsobard but Harry was good too, so anyone Cavanagh plays is fine by me.

>Thawne yelling at Barry about how he's the bad guy changing history

yesssssssssssssssss

Flash Panel is up:
youtube.com/watch?v=_rkM4O2XjZ0

especially when Zolomon obviously became Black Flash at the end of last season

FUCK

He is playing The guy zoom took over but Barry averted this.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well 2 also makes sense. Premiere episodes usually last about 2 episodes just to set up the current season and by 3 or 4 everything is either back to normal or a new norm is established.

>Cavanagh as a new character
Every. Season.

AND I LOVE IT!

This dude is fucking awesome as the Reverse Flash. Never thought I'd like anyone other than Cavanagh playing him, but this guy might be even better.

Jesus fucking christ. It's like we're living in a parody right now with this shit.

FUCK
OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
YOU ALREADY RUINED ONE SHOW

atleast her and her family aren't fucking recurring characters in flash
it could be much worse

He is great, but I dunno about better than Cavanagh. Wellsobard was fantastic.

Eh I don't even mind it.

You know this is pretty much just the first few episodes. I'm a bit sad we don't get based rogues right off the bat either, but for a season starter I'm 100% down with alternate reality and Eobard Thawne raving from his cell.

Nice

But will it be Arrow's Felicity or Flashpoint Felicity? Since I doubt Arrow's being changed by Flashpoint.

can't doom the zoom

It WASN'T me Barry!