Really? This rivals other historic moments like Steamboat Willie?

Really? This rivals other historic moments like Steamboat Willie?

I guess this is where we're at now.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x4053d_merrie-melodies-a-wild-hare-1940_shortfilms
youtube.com/watch?v=158yOFYY1do
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/The-Daffy-Duck-Show/Episode-040-The-Great-Piggy-Bank-Robbery?id=30140
youtube.com/watch?v=-zIRDJLOJyw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thank you for giving additional importance to this historical event.

Honestly , though, is this the actual first time someone working in the animation industry came out as gay?

>Historic moment because some woman fucks mans and womans

Okay, let's make the thing fairer, someone being in the animation industry AND being a lead director (or equivalent) coming out.

Is this the first time?

While still working for the industry? Yes.

Not gay, bisexual. And a bisexual woman at that. On the scale of shocking announcements that's about on par with saying you like the weird, edgy films of Tim Burton's, stuff not for the mainstream sheeple.

Steamboat Willie was sexist garbage. Dont put it on the same level as Sugar's brave outting

Ooohh geez, I guess we are on the 50's.

Seriously,why SJW love to think that they are on the 50's? They get the opportunitty to feel important? That they aren't sheeple? This shit is like a cult.

Who cares.

>posting Sup Forums adds importance to anything.

Maybe in front of a crowd at Comic-Con? But it wasn't even hinted that she was keeping it a secret, merely that she hasn't stated it. I can question whether Byron Howard is straight or not because he isn't stating it in interviews. And she's not even admitting to benig gay, only bisexual, she's been dating Ian for over a decade and has no intention of stopping, so of course we're never going to see her with any women lovers, why does it matter?

But there's a lot of gay people working in the industry, quite a few people on her crew are lesbians, notably, Lauren Zuke.

>coming out as bi
>while being in a relationship with a guy
how much of an attention whore do you even have to be

I swear,Amid gets more obnoxious every year. I wonder if we'll ever find out what made him break up with Jerry. That's gotta be a great story.

did people not know this?
I thought this was obvious

WAIT....SUGAR LIKES DICKS?

Every woman is "bisexual". How is this news?

Woopty doo, that's normal nowadays.

It's so hard to come out as gay or bisexual in 2016! :(

It's not it was new. Really, it could sound a little Sup Forums but it really should not be a big deal. Anyone can notice if someone is LGBT...

So now she's amped up as the FIRST SOLO WOMAN CREATOR WHO CAME OUT AS BISEXUAL HERO.

Because that's what gays and women want, to have their gender and sexuality be a part of their accomplishments and put on a pedestal over their actual work.

Seriously, why the fuck don't all the people covering this make the headline, "Rebecca Sugar Talks about How Steven Universe was Inspired by Her Bi-Sexual Experiences"? I know the fucking answer is clickbait, but Jesus. These people are doing the exact opposite what actual rights movements are trying to do: equality. The people who want change don't WANT people to hamper on those details, they want it to be a part of their lives.

I hope Rebecca Sugar makes a blog post about how she wishes people would stop hampering on the fact that she revealed it on more on her experiences in relation to the show, I have to imagine she's gotta be a little pissed off by this.

>Rebecca is trying to make gay stuff more normalized so it doesn't have to be something in need of celebration
>everyone claps and cheers for her when she says it
>tons of news articles and posts

Fucking shit. These people piss me off

>I hope Rebecca Sugar makes a blog post about how she wishes people would stop hampering on the fact that she revealed it on more on her experiences in relation to the show, I have to imagine she's gotta be a little pissed off by this.

It was a publicity stunt, so I doubt it

Imagine a "Walt Disney reveals at -dunno- that he's a Nazi"

This. Now people on both sides are going to be even more insufferable.

Nigga she wants that sweet sweet pedestal. You're a retard if you honestly believe this isn't just a publicity stunt for attention.

As a gay guy bisexuals are overrated.
I'm [/not] bitter.

I'm embarrassed that our best website for news is run by Amid. It feels like the animation community just gets more depressing to be a part of every year.

San Zootopia, this year has been such a fucking disappointment above the rest. And I had REALLY HIGH HOPES a couple years back when How to Train Your Dragon, Toy Story 3, Tangled, Adventure Time all came out in the same year. I was like, holy shit! We're seeing it, a change in era.

NNOOOOOOPE GOT WORSE.

Confirmed for untrustworthy but nobody in the animation business is.

Don't go to the CartoonBrew article and read the tweets and comments, you will burst with anger.

>I hope Rebecca Sugar makes a blog post about how she wishes people would stop hampering on the fact that she revealed it on more on her experiences in relation to the show, I have to imagine she's gotta be a little pissed off by this.
Rebecca has avoided commenting on identity politics for the longest time. I don't see why she'd start now.

My headcanon is that she's secretly a Log Cabin Republican.

Don't worry user, all gay men are bitter and spiteful toward the superior bi master race, you're not alone.

You mean people haven't been trying to claim that for decades now? Alongside showing 70-year old rejection letters how they don't hire women into main animator positions to prove that Disney is sexist? And then he went against his own ideas and hired Mary Blair anyway because he felt times were changing?

What a monster.

Seriously. They are missing the point entirely. SU treats every kind of romantic relationships as normal because the creators want them to be seen as normal. It's not preachy, it's not intrusive, it's simply human.

What a mess. Fandoms are disgusting.

She's obviously lying. Bisexual is not a real thing

This seriously shouldn't come as a surprise to any one.

>looks asexual
>is actually bisexual

honestly who is fucking this thing?

So if I become a cartoon creator and date a man for several years, can I just claim I'm bisexual for attention as well? I wouldn't exactly be lying as long as I'm dating the gender I'm actually attracted to.

Some black guy i forgot his name

I'm sorry for you, user. You guys don't get anything when it comes to Sup Forums-related content because lesbians and bisexual women are safe while gays and bisexual men are frowned upon.

So is this a sign that Steven Universe is about to finish its run? Because I can't imagine CN wanting to keep someone with this much potential controversy.

Then why would she even wait this long to do it?

So she did this so that when SU gets cancelled people will rabidly defend it as discriminating against her right?

It's a historic moment but not all historic moments are equally important.

She's not furthering the genre like Steamboat Willie did

I've been saying it since SU came out how garbage that is. Showing lesbians isn't really progression, lesbians haven't been viewed throughout European history as a threat and wrong. Fuck, lesbians were viewed as cute, women living together in close quarters? Ho-ho-ho, let the women work alone, eh? Why the fuck do people think faggot only applies to men and is way worse of a word than dyke?

The fact that lesbians are allowed all over Sup Forums but gay men are not just shows how male-dominate the animation and comic industry actually is. Because men want to see lesbos making out, not gay men.

Clarence, Paranorman, and Loud House are the only instances I can think of where two gay men are present. In my eyes, Steven Universe hasn't reached that level of romantic inclusion until we see two main men or alien men characters together. Otherwise, it's just Orange Is the New Black: Kids Edition. One big lesbian fantasy dream.

No, this is the only thing that will ever come close to Steamboat Willie.

dailymotion.com/video/x4053d_merrie-melodies-a-wild-hare-1940_shortfilms

So now it's confirmed that the gems are just lesbian space rocks right? No gender my ass.

(You)

Are you kidding? They fucking LOVE Sugar because of how much she makes their channel relevant and in the news. Everything Sugar says and does is considered good publicity in CN's eyes because people love her. If anything, they're going to ask her to make more shows.

CN gets the worst ratings of DisneyChannel and Nickelodeon, being "The Progressive Channel" is literally all they've got going for them.

No, it was commpletely incidental. Some dude named Felipe asked about the source of the LGBT and feminist themes the the show. Sugar mumbled for a minute about how she wanted people of different orientations to feel like they exist and the reason she felt that way was because she was bi or something like that.

Had Felipe not been there it would have never come out.

that man looks like a butt in the thumbnail. i legit thought you posted a picture of someone shitting on a baby for a sec

>bisexual in power
>all characters are either straight or androgynous space rocks that explicitly have no gender
What's the fucking point? Make some shows starring real faggot characters or get the fuck off your pedestal.

>Clarence
So why again a good joke you would probably see in Animaniacs or Rocko's is a highlight?

There's also Mission Hill but that's for adults.

>lesbians are allowed all over Sup Forums but gay men are not
If only it was the same on the board

You answered your own question. The fact that two out of three of those picks are basically "cute joke mentions" but are still the only thing gay men show how fucking little gay men have.

>The fact that lesbians are allowed all over Sup Forums but gay men are not
Check a Voltron thread.
I can't even discuss the show because everyone just keeps posting gay fanart and beefcake. Probably for the benefit or women though, much like men watching lesbian stuff.

They are female characters. The fine print of the lore is just a red herring. Teh gays will be able to relate and the message that love transcends what society tells you is right speaks for itself.

>Some dude named Felipe
Oh, he's gay

I haven't seen the new Voltron show, is there a canon gay man in the cast?

>CN gets the worst ratings of DisneyChannel and Nickelodeon
That's such a shame. Their content is so much better.

t. assmad homosexxual man

Nope. Just fanart for now. Sorry.
People think a character is trans though, but she's absolutely not.

No, buts a girl looking into a sex change.

i think that was the point

That's just a disguise, tumblr.

A boy is actually a girl Mulaning it up

I agree, and the fact that TTG-PPG crossover got the highest ratings they've seen in years makes me worried for their future exec decisions.

Unless the decision is MORE CROSSOVERS and we finally get Regular Show-Adventure Time, then I'm okay with that.

No, she even hates being called Katie.

To me this will always be Katie (blond girl).

>woman
>bisexual
This means she's heterosexual, but gay for attention

But how exactly is that even a big deal. You didn't see people glamorizing the millions of innuendos in those two or jokes like the "Finger Prince" one.

The gay couple joke in Clarence just feels like a nicely crafted joke that works for both kids and adults as far as audiences go. It felt like something you wouldn't see in a kids show nowadays, but it doesn't really feel that special of a joke.

>I agree, and the fact that TTG-PPG crossover got the highest ratings they've seen in years makes me worried for their future exec decisions.
Oh God. The sunset of quality CN is upon us.

>someone who made a show states their sexual preferences
Why am I supposed to care? It doesn't matter in the slightest.

>Your sexual identity completely defines you and designates whether or not you're a worthwhile person
-The Left

Weird how it is a jap show.

>TTG-PPG crossover got the highest ratings
Yeah I'm not going to believe that without source.

user, stop triggering me with your stupidity and jump off a bridge, please.

How many threads is this now?

You know what pisses me off? Is that people will view the fact that we're talking and complaining about it as "controversy".

No, it's not controversy that she came out, it's controversy that every news article and every member of the fandom wants to praise her SIMPLY for being bisexual when that's literally the opposite of what the LGBT movement is. And I'm talking about the real movement, not the "Gay Pride Parade" movement. The controversy is over people putting this shit as headlines, not the fact that she's bisexual. Most people who aren't sheltered artists who browse Tumblr all day in lieu of friends don't give a shit who she's into.

Does it really count if you've been taking dick the last decade?

Bullshit. I bet she's never even had sex with a woman

Worst part is that she probably was trying to be casual about it.
Sugar being bisexual is no surprise.

It's because straight innuendo is commonplace in cartoons. An entire cartoon was dedicated to it: Johnny Bravo. But merely showing a gay couple is immensely difficult to get past the censors, so when they do it, you're amazed they got that far. But lesbians are no problem, apparently.

The idea is to work so if people want to do a joke involving gays, they literally don't have to fight the network on it like they did with Clarence.

That is why Adult Swim is the only part of Cartoon Network with consistent quality between good and background noise. I'd love to watch a stream with their originals, syndications and even Seth MacFarlane's tripe to balance it out, but it blows that their official streams only marathons two shows a day.

You probably haven't either so what does it matter?

And Japan's answer to Fairly Odd Parents.
Every with Pidge points to "When I turn 18 I'm getting a sex change".

Just for the love of Clampett just go watch real cartoons, you be glade you did and you will have a "GRAND" time doing it as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=158yOFYY1do
kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/The-Daffy-Duck-Show/Episode-040-The-Great-Piggy-Bank-Robbery?id=30140

she also doesn't have sex with men

This is why I can't take liberals seriously anymore.

Anyone else see a big conservative push-back coming for American animation?

Korra was vague enough to slip by, but LGBT stuff is becoming increasing common. IMO it's slipped under the radar so far but I just can't see the really big conservative TV lobby groups sitting around forever.

>woman answers question with germane confirmation of her bisexuality

QUICK, EVERYBODY LOSE YOUR SHIT

No Korra was NEET pandering, just go watch real cartoons as theres no LGBT BS, you will thank me later.

youtube.com/watch?v=-zIRDJLOJyw

>Anyone else see a big conservative push-back coming for American animation?
No.
Artist, by their nature, are mostly liberals. Conservatives go to study law.

lol watch some REAL CARTOONS like from the GOOD OL DAYS *tips a piece of headwear that was contemporary when those cartoons were made* heh I'm so above the current generation

You americans are completely fucked in the head

Yes, it will come eventually.

I expect a big #GamerGate controversy to eventually happen to the industry as well. It's incestual to the highest order and dominated by a few major art houses/departments.

The rise of streaming based networks is going to have a profound effect on the industry. Stuff like the new Netflix Voltron in only the tip of the iceberg.

Personally, I'm fine (and even happy) with the inclusion of a few LBGT themes. But it is indeed flying under the radar.

No. Also fuck conservatives. They are the exact same as liberals.
We need smart people, not those groups.

>Anyone else see a big conservative push-back coming for American animation?
Conservatives have already been pushed back for years. It's pretty much over. There aren't even a significant amount of conservatives in the public eye anymore, just an extreme "alt-right" forced to play the role of the alternative to the mainstream.

Indeed, all 99% white men as women were locked into ink and paint and NO OVER SEAS OUTSOURCING!

This isn't relevant to the topic or Sugar's bisexuality but more about her fandom and prestige. Like, you know what gets to me? The constant labeling of Steven Universe being the best cartoon on, and how Sugar is the animation creator we need right now, and how she's making TV animation better.

But... Steven Universe is above average. But the fact that people think it's the apex of animation, and many artists on the industry agree so, leads me to believe that people won't STRIVE to do better. At least during the down period of the 80's and early 2000's, artists knew what was being made was trash, so they aimed to make cartoons they enjoyed.

But if SU is considered the best cartoon, then the strive is gone. The competition is gone, and people are either going to just ape what exists and make worse products or make terrible products in general. It already happened with Adventure Time and everyone trying to steal from Pen Ward, making bad AT clones in the process. It's apparent by the Nickelodeon Shorts Program how hard everyone there is trying to be AT or Regular Show.

I know 2005 was a shitty period for animation, but at least there was hope because EVERYONE agreed it was shitty. We have nothing to look forward to other than more shit 11-minute cartoons where the writing is on the surface and morals are blatantly spelled out for you.

The West in general is fucked up. I'm not too worried about it anymore, though, seeing as we're on the brink of a total collapse.

I look forward to a dystopian future.