Did we already see this? Did we already talk about this?

Did we already see this? Did we already talk about this?

youtu.be/l_rM3rAJsTY

Other urls found in this thread:

slashfilm.com/justice-league-action-characters/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes. Verdict:
>great cast
>decent art style and animation
>feels very BatB and Teen Titan-ish
>11 minute episodes is kinda odd but we'll see
>there's a chance of Wondy being a feminist bitch

That's pretty much it

We have.

However, we haven't talked about this yet:

slashfilm.com/justice-league-action-characters/

>Game verse
>Batman doing a Green lantern Kamehameha

But will it sell toys?

Is it just me or does Kevin Conroy's Batman sound slightly off?

Gilbert Gottfried returning as Mxyzptlk

>We almost had another Batman show

Too soon.

>Gotfried back as Mxy

Excellent

>152 characters

Has anyone done a count on how many BatB had in its first season?

I wish they'd let him do something else and get a different VA for Batman. Conroy's Batman was great, but christ let other people get a shot at the character.

Mark Hammil can stay forever though. Helps he has so much range he can do fucking anything he wants.

Looks good.

I can already tell this WW is top tier waifu material.

He sounds too old for the character design they're using for the new show. Batman looks like a teen but sounds like a 60 year old man.

>They have produced 26 half hours, totaling a very significant 52 shorts.
>52
MORRISON

There has been a bunch of people played Batman, and most of them have been shit. The only other Batman I thought was good was Bruce Greenwood.

He said the actor who played him 20 years ago. Emphasis on played. Not voiced. Might not be Gilbert.

>Mark Hammil can stay forever though. Helps he has so much range he can do fucking anything he wants.
Yeah. I'm good with that. Though his voice has gotten a lot raspier over the years.

Agreed. Roger Craig Smith was decent, but it was indistinguishable from Conway and he already has Sonic and took Captain America from Brian Bloom.

>Grundy fighting Swampthing
I'm down.

finally people remember stargirl

Stargirl's a pretty well-liked C-lister, and it helps that she's a personal pet character of Geoff Johns.

Just because Killing Joke was shit doesn't mean this will be right?

R-right?

>No Timm involvement

Yeah. This will be good

>26 half hours
>Episodes are 11 minutes each, plus extra for ads and commercials
Sorry but that's around 128.

>About 152 characters featured.
>Constantine confirmed to appear in a couple of episodes.
>A multi-part episode with the characters pretending to be each other, versus the Demons Three.
>A haunted house episode by Paul Dini.
>An episode with Booster Gold on Dinosaur Island.
>Jason J. Lewis will voice more characters, not only Superman.
>General Zod will appear.
>John DeLancie is in the cast.
>Target premiere date: end of August/middle of September, but it's up to Cartoon Network.
>52 11-minutes episodes, apparently set to air in half-hour slots.

>99% robot Cyborg
I'll never like this

I thought the guy who played him in BtB was good. He had a lot of dry wit that would play off well in a show like this.

Where is this pic from? And post more. I assume that's Plas on the right and MM on the left? Who's the green guy on top and bearded guy on the bottom?

>Constantine confirmed to appear in a couple of episodes.
>A multi-part episode with the characters pretending to be each other, versus the Demons Three.
>A haunted house episode by Paul Dini.

Probably not.

> 152 DC characters

user, google couldn't find this image anywhere else. I'm not being a cunt if I'm saying that you're intentionally withholding photos from us am I?

Tv shows also revolve around factors of 52 for the same reason dc does.

52 weeks in a year

Found it @ toonzone dc forums section

YELLOW SINESTRO

He's playin Booster Gold in this show.

Why is stargirl so qt ?

No, that was Diedrich Bader. I was talking about Anthony Ruivivar.

The women in this show look great

>CN
>in charge of airing things week by week

oh thought you said BATB

NO PAN

What?

>bearded guy on the bottom?
Zod. This article mentions him.

The art style makes them look very young. Especially with how skinny Batman is. I half expected this to be a series about all of the Justice League as teenagers in high school.

I thought Hamill said he was done for good, that voicing the Joker was too hard at his age.

He's been saying that for years, probably to make his paycheck bigger or to sell more stuff of whatever his "last" recording is attached to.
I'm not complaining though, more hamill joker is always good.

>Justice League as teenagers in high school.

I'm praying this doesn't get a Saturday Morning deathslot.

>there's a chance of Wondy being a feminist bitch
i felt she was just being sassy but we will see.

the guy between Mr.Freeze and Sinestro is suppose to be Zod?

When did Saturday Morning become the deathslot? That block used to be good.

It became a deathslot when the FCC, Cartoon Network, and Nickolodeon killed the intrigue of waiting for cartoons on Saturday.

This is CN we are talking about. Either it will be great and we will get 1, maybe 2 seasons before it is cancelled. Or it will be shit and will go on for a decade.

I agree with you: but I distinctly remember there being both Saturday morning cartoons AND weekday afternoon "after school" cartoons.

though that was back when having just network Tv was still fairly common.

Fittingly enough, Pokemon is the only show to survive that slot.

Make of that what you will

>When did Saturday Morning become the deathslot? That block used to be good.

When streaming became a thing so people could actually sleep in and then watch things on their own time

Alas, the days when I and many others didn't have the internet and it was a borderline magical force only spoken about

I was happier then

Fucking kids. Saturday morning used to be an event

>"Diana, these MEN are your friends?"
>"More like sidekicks, Mother."
>Sup Forums defends this
Okay, so you people ape right the fuck out over that mansplaning thing, but THIS horrible GRRRRRRRRRRRRL POWER bullshit is just fine? Go fuck yourselves. Fuck this show.

Let the door hit you on the way out

This is for kids

>talking down your bros so your mother doesn't chimp out because you dared to let penis-havers be in her presence
It's called context friend.

No amount of context can excuse that awful exchange. Whoever wrote the dialogue needs to go back to the 90s and kill themselves.

Also
>Spirit of Truth
>being dishonest in anyway shape or form
I repeat, fuck this show. I've had it up to here with so many of these hacks writing Diana as a complete asshole. DO they think that's compelling or likeable to have her act like a total shithead? Cause it's not. Knock it off.

No one cares

>muh mean-spirited
found ya Enter

>Most likely just a cute line under the context of WW using Themyscira's ignorance of the outside world to exaggerate her role in the JL.
& mostly on point with what said

How Sup Forums responds
>REEEEEEEEEEE WOMEN! VIVA LE MRA! KILL ALL WOMEN! I HATE WOMEN!

11 minutes is the most problematic thing. When they went to JLU and went to the stand-alone episodes but much of those two seasons built on each other (meaning these were season long arcs, as opposed to two or three episode stories), it was hard to get a grasp on the character. I mean, I've never read any Vigilante - I have a rough idea of what the character is from older scans I have where he was the back up, that I pretty much ignored.

I don't really know much about the character. On the other hand, Sir Justin, in part because I read Seven Soldiers and I've read Demon Knight and other things like it including non-comic book stuff, PLUS the Viking episode, I have some idea of the character, even if not an exact idea of Sir Justin.

I'm afraid that the lesser known characters (while it's totally cool that they are using them) will simply be extended cameos.

If the old superman cartoons were 11 minutes. why can't this?

11 minute episodes are fine. It probably will be shallow plot wise (it is called JL ACTION) but you can do a lot in 11 minutes if the action and character writing is good and the occasional multi part episode is still on the table

The old Superman cartoons weren't exactly bastions of storytelling, they just had revolutionary animation.

This and ESPECIALLY THIS EXCEPT that people have too much nostalgia goggles for a show from the 90s! to realize and accept that - like the same people who wanted Clancy or Cranston to play Luthor in the DCEU.

>The old Superman cartoons weren't exactly bastions of storytelling,

and this new show, Justice League ACTION is clearly not going for epic story telling.

This sounds nice. Almost as nice as the arc coming up in Rebirth Superman with Clark, Jon and Krypto fighting dinos on the island. Now there's a live action movie I would pay to see several times.

Complexion-wise looks more like Non, but logically it should be Zod

That's not my issue. My issue is that for the characters that aren't well known (Swamp Thing, for example), I'd like their to be at least enough development that kids (since let's be honest - the main audience this is intended for is kids) to LEARN about these characters.

Marvel isn't popular because people REALLY are into Black Widow and Vision comics. And people aren't BUYING those comics because the MCU is popular. And people aren't exactly falling all over themselves to collect those Essential Iron Man and Hawkeye back-catalogue trades.

As a DC fan, I'd like to see a new generation of people interested in the legacy characters, enough to at least get some familiarity with the canon history of them and interested enough to say check out Seven Soldiers, if not classic Sir Justin, or check out the most recent Swamp Thing runs if not the more classic ones. And to support new comics with the characters in on-going, even if they are team books (say Swamp Thing in Justice League Dark or in a Constantine Hellblazer on-going).

>How Sup Forums responds
Most people here don't know any women IRL who aren't their moms

>like the same people who wanted Clancy or Cranston to play Luthor in the DCEU.

Those people would be correct. Using a Luthor who is younger than Clark Kent is wrong.

>Marvel isn't popular because people REALLY are into Black Widow and Vision comics. And people aren't BUYING those comics because the MCU is popular. And people aren't exactly falling all over themselves to collect those Essential Iron Man and Hawkeye back-catalogue trades.

I get your general point about DC's lesser known characters, but what are you trying to say about Marvel here?

Not that guy, but it does seem like the majority of MCU fans are casuals who ONLY watch the Marvel movies and TV shows.

I love Wondy's design. The wild, spiky hair fits her.

Essentially what this guy said I'm interested in the comic book aspect of it.

It's fine to talk about Arrow or Gotham as live action properties or to talk about Captain America, either the serials, or the earlier movies or the current MCU incarnation.

As a comic book fan, I'm more interested in what impact it has on potential/prospective comic book readers.

It's great that people bought and continue to read reprints or back-catalogue issues of Gaiman's The Sandman and sure, most people might notice that Clark Kent is at the funeral (the Wake) or some such but how many of them will pay attention or show any interest in say the Green Lanterns when to get to the part about Oa at the "star summit/planetary session/conference" (I forget what book/volume that was in).

That's where I'm coming from. I'm not really interested in the MCU. I like the movies, it's made me a little curious in Marvel comics, but not enough to really wade into them just because I already have a large, longer history with the DC canon, but it did make me look at some comic books I might not otherwise ever had.

Eh. I say it kinda worked in BatB. Just put it in media res and say their name plus power. That's pretty much all that's needed for something as simple as a catoon that's based around fast paced action.

YEAH, the way they did the openings for B-tBatB animated series was good, to introduce people like Music Meister and Clock King that won't ever be used in movies (and this pre-dated them using the Clock King in CW) - but each of those opening still clock in at about 2-3 minutes each.

I'd be fine if they did a set of Secret Origins specials or a Super Villains 101 or Justice League 101 specials that did that. If you go on line, you can find fucking Alfred Pennyworth origin but nothing on any number of people like say (again) Sir Justin.