First McCain, then Romney and now Trump. Why can't Republicans seem to win any more?

First McCain, then Romney and now Trump. Why can't Republicans seem to win any more?

Other urls found in this thread:

reason.com/blog/2016/07/07/trump-flip-flops-now-supports-north-caro
thefiscaltimes.com/2016/06/20/Trump-s-Economic-Plan-Would-Be-Disaster-US-Economy-Moody-s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thanks for Correcting The Record.

Dubs says trump Wins

Cause their tickets are shit.

They have been since 2000.

Bush/Cheney was a shit ticket that happened to squeak out a win. Still they ran shit into the ground and overall were very bad for the country. I would not say Bush was full blown incompetent but borderline at least.

McCain was a decent choice but Palin ruined that ticket cause she is an incompetent dimwit

Romney/Ryan was honestly the best they have done in a while but still Romney does not inspire anyone.

Trump/Pence is shit. Trump has no idea what he is doing or how to be president.

Basically if they want to win they need to nominate better people.

of last 5 elections they managed to win 2 but 4 of the last 5 tickets have been garbage.

Because you can't run a campaign on fear and scare tactics and expect to fool everyone

Honestly none of those 3 candidates have had a good plan going in

When asked what they're going to do they always stumble, and never have a straight answer.

The GOP needs to stick to their guns, come in with a plan, and come up with clear concise answers to questions, and stick to their guns instead of shuffling from one foot to another and mumbling something about patriotism and making America great without actually telling us how they're going to do it

they will have to start catering to minorities desu

Agreed

I think Paul Ryan or even Rubio would have had a better chance

But NOOOO the GOP decided to go with the meme flavor of the month and now they're paying for it

They need to either follow through completely with the Southern Strategy (appeal to potentially racist southern voters based on anti-nonwhite reasons, then ignore whatever appeals they made once elected) or abandon the Southern Strategy altogether. A lot of the stumbling is because of this strategy. They make suggestions for the "racist south" that they never plan to deliver on and they stumble when challenged on these suggestions/promises. Cut that bullshit out and the GOP will have a much better fighting chance.

They simply have been unable to intelligently defend their positions. Or they take the media's shit flinging too seriously.

Because they're the bad guys in this stage play.

republican vs democrat interns

Now this brings up the question of "what about the voters that the GOP just isolated"

Well they certainly won't run to the "ultra-liberal" Democratic party. The voters that the southern strategy appealed to will either have to forge a new party to satisfy their "racism" (lazy hillbillies/rednecks starting a new party? never gonna happen) or begrudgingly give in. The GOP has a lot of extraneous "fat" in their party that they can be attacked on, and if they trimmed down they will have a better defense, and their disgruntled voters will probably follow.

>but Palin ruined that ticket cause she is an incompetent dimwit
This. I kinda doubt McCain could have beaten Obama, cause that nigger seemed to have destiny on his side that year, but Palin killed all hopes of that by being a complete idiot.

2008 was unwinnable because of Bush. 2012 was winnable and was pretty close, Romney wasn't a terrible candidate. 2016 is a monumental fuckup, they could've elected just about anyone else and beat Hillary.

>democrats reliving the plantation days
no surprise.

McCain lost due to Palin, nobody want Palin, she's too stupid.
Romney is too bland and is no great leader.
Trump is an asshole, and collects enemies.

The republicans has to renew themselves and focus on what the voters and country needs, not on shit things like anti-abortion.

That's what I'm saying

There's still time!
Drop Trump, get Paul Ryan up there and let Trump do whatever the fuck he wants, run third party if he wants whatever

Get Rubio to back him up as VP

>Romney wasn't terrible.
His policies weren't the worst things ever but it's as said, the man can't inspire a third grade class. He's weird and always looks like he's wearing a rubber mask, not to mention he's a Mormon with magic underwear.

McCain is a coward
Romney is a retard from a meme version of Christianity
Trump just has trouble keeping his mouth shut when he needs to

Trump will win

Found your dubs

>Trump will win

Not if he doesn't learn to shut the fuck up

God this shilling is so annoying. You interns should consider stopping before you enrage the board.

Because republicans try to drag us back into the past. They aren't fiscially conservative and only want to impose religious values on a society that is more concerned with trying to stay afloat than going back to the 1950s.

Hating abortion is the party's identity now. There really isn't anything else.

I keep hearing Trump fucks saying they're going to show up at Clinton rallies with strobe flashlights, air horns and other noise makers hoping they can trigger her into having a seizure.

Sick fucks.

Because America isn't a 90% white country anymore. If Romney had Reagan's demographic and they voted the same way, he would've btfo Obama, but the third world put Obama over the top.

>Cut that bullshit out and the GOP will have a much better fighting chance.

GOP can't win without the white vote, Democrats promise tangible gibs to people, promising less immigration to the white working class is a decent idea.

>I think Paul Ryan or even Rubio would have had a better chance

Perhaps, but electing people who want to pass amnesty are signing their death warrant. Mestizos don't vote for the free market in a plurality in south America, Mexico, and they don't vote for it here. Even when Bush promised amnesty, he still got less than 50% of their vote.

Moloch the Bull, this woman is not suitable for the role of President. She is a traitor and a corrupt pig, and belongs in jail

I love shilling on this board. I can't wait for you guys to cry in November. I love your paranoia. You're easier to troll than fucking Scientologists.

Wait, didn't Trump say he's cool with gay people and transgender bathrooms?

That's a pretty good idea desu

>shit-things
This is the republicans problem. They're always the voice of "Noo~ You can't do that!"
Regardless of whatever dumb thing it is. Fags getting married? Nope! Let's fight that like its an invading army.

Then there's all their stupid heel dragging just to be contrary. Like voting to repeal obamacare 8 million times.

To be fair, they did those things because that was exactly what their constituents Want. It's hard to be successful in politics when idiots vote in idiots.

Meanwhile, in the real world, Hillary only polls well with white women over 55 and Muslims.

hahahah 100 years of economic incompetence and lying have caught up with them, people understand economy does better with democrats and that trickle down tax cut bullshit only works for the rich to make them richer

im a republican. and im rich and relatively young. all of my friends are the same. i'd say we are all winning big time. liberals on the other hand complain and cry in their parents basement. their parents must be so disapointed.

Trump says a lot of things. It's all sound and fury, signifying nothing.

>1 post by this ID

No he flipped back. Now he doesn't like transgender people using whatever bathrooms or whatever.

You know most people don't have trouble using porto-potties. I use them at the shooting range. Girls use them at the shooting range. I don't see the problem with mixing genders.

reason.com/blog/2016/07/07/trump-flip-flops-now-supports-north-caro

lol completely false data. who buys this crap?

Present counter evidence

Apparently you're rich parents didn't spend much on your grammar lessons. I winced reading that.

Trump doesn't tell anyone how they're going to make America great? He just gave a speech today on economics outlining this very thing.

Your.
Shit.
Time to commit suddoku.

Because the democratic party quietly became the party of wall street and whoever has more money wins. Obama had more money than either Romney, or McCain as well.

Mcain failed because he chose palin to appeal to the tea party idiots.

Romney failed because black obama was historic and he is a snoozer and a mormon

trump because he is literally just a reality tv star who blundered his way into nomination.

I threw my vote away after what they did to ron paul.

romney a cuck
cuck

Meant for and

>

also they are the closeted fag party, outing limbaugh and mcconnell and graham and all the other GOP closeted fags would go a long way to cleaning up that cesspool of a party, but they are dead anyway, bush killed them. trump is the amusing death rattle

Because the demographics have changed to their disadvantage. There won't be a republican president ever again.

She still polls ahead of Trump with every demographic besides white males

thefiscaltimes.com/2016/06/20/Trump-s-Economic-Plan-Would-Be-Disaster-US-Economy-Moody-s

Unfortunately it looks like he's just piping hot air. It wouldn't work.

Trump's going to win believe me. He's going to win so much you're going to say "Trump I can't take it, we're winning too much please stop" and he's going to win again, and again, and again.
He's going to win so much you'll be sick of it.

your parents must have raised a weak coward. run upstairs and apologize now loser

McCain cost Palin the Vice-presidency. America didn't want another neo-con warhawk grandpa.

you must be a true conservative, with such a knee jerk know nothing response

I disagree with some of the other analysis. Romney did not have trouble defending or explaining his policies, etc. The past decade has just been all about being anti-status quo. The only reason Bush even won in '04 is because of the whole War, but otherwise the GOP base has become demoralized compared to the left. Why vote for a candidate that's pro-immigration, going to raise taxes on the middle class, minimize your rights, grow government, etc. just the same as the things you hate in your opponent?

Trump is very illustrative in showing the GOP's policies haven't aligned with their supporters in a while---minus functioning as the party of the rich. I don't think Trump's the best candidate (he could still win), but he's given political power to so many people on the right who had no proper candidate.

tl;dr both people on the right and the left want change in their respective directions; McCain and Romney didn't give off that 'change' vibe (McCain's quip to Romney "You certainly are the candidate of change! *snicker*" is so funny now). You can see a parallel in that nobody wants moderate SC justices anymore.

>McCain
DNC had Hillary take the hits then pulled Obama out of their ass. He was Black. DNC took almost all the black vote

>Romney
Ran against an incumbent

>Trump
All out war desu. Most people get their political opinions from the evening news and mass media hates him. The vote will be decided by the amount of people who vote in November who want to make history by electing the first woman president and 'know' that trump is a racist

>Why can't Republicans seem to win anymore
This shilling is getting embarrassing. So let's set the record straight:

>GOP controls the White House 19 of the 23 years between 1969 and 1992
>Bill Clinton gets only 43% of the vote in 1992 and wins only because of Ross Perot
>Bill Clinton gets only 49% of the vote in 1996 and wins only because of running against a stiff
>GOP completely dominates the 1994 midterm elections and ends 40 years of unbroken Democrat control of the House
>GOP continues to dominate the House for the next 12 years and the Senate for 10 out of 12 years
>Bush wins two terms as president
>Obama wins two terms by beating stiffs
>he also wins two fewer states in 2012 than 2008
>every Congressional election since 2010 has seen the Democrats lose seats

These are the only two correct answers ITT, everything else is a post hoc assumption

I dunno about that. I bet people said that after the debacle in Chicago back in the 60ies. It took awhile but the democrats came back, they just had to re-brand.

The republicans can do that too. They just need to get their head out of their ass and stop appealing to the most retarded segment of the population.

GOP has only won one popular vote total in the last 6 elections

/thread

there is always voter suppression and intentionally misleading ballots and gerrymandering, they can go on for a while longer

i classify myself as a neo liberal. hur dur let me make a chart and not quote a source. hur dur. go apologize to your parents for being such a minimim wage shill. its past your bedtime.

I really do think this is the GOPs last stand for the presidency.

Apparently its difficult to win on a campaign based on marginalizing entire segments of your demography, ignoring the scientific community and then in Trump's case being KKKrazy.

It's not that hard to figure it out. Racists.

Sure Canuck, tell me more what Americans want.

Besides burgers. Damn I'm hungry. Fuck you Canada.

Dems actually got more votes in 2012 for the Congressional seats

Also if you look at presidential elections from 1968 to 2012, the Republican candidate won an absolute majority of the popular vote six times while the Democrat candidate won an absolute majority only three times.

the party dynamic itself is going to go through a change. the democrats cant hold on to the neo-con vote AND the liberal vote. there will be a reordering.

Show me where non-whites vote for capitalism.

>Inb4 Chile is free market

Literally had to be forced.

Mestizos don't vote for it, blacks don't vote for it, Asians don't vote for it.

Why would soil change that?

>

Republicans have conned their followers into believing they are the experts on the economy when they are total incompetents, and by now have a 100 year objective track record of incompetence

You seem confused. The Democrats have been marginalizing whites, ignoring economic science and supporting racist criminals for decades. They're doing fine.

In fact, by that measurement, Trump should actually win.

That always happens though; it's usually a generational shift. In this case, Millenials are replacing boomers as the deciding factor in elections just as boomers replaced the WWII generation in the 80s.

I'm so unhappy. Any nationalist movement will now be condemned as "too Trump-like", and any right-wing or conservative opinions will have the same fate. If you thought it was bad now just wait until the GOP makes sure nobody with Trump's ideology gets in anymore or until CLinton tries to "address the issue of right-wing nationalism" in response to Trump.

The question is how accurate that is, they're well known to flub numbers since people like to vote on the side that's winning (I mean look at Brexit, remain was ahead the entire time).

yeah yeah. white genocide and all that. see you in november. racist.

All that happens in Latin America is a small ruling white elite that whips the brown masses into obedience.

That's why I said re-brand. If the Dems win then the Repubs will have 4-8 years to set themselves up as "the party in opposition" and present themselves as the party of change and progress, challenging the establishment.

'just fuck my shit up mr trump', did you know he does his own hair? i thought he had a two hour session with a hair dresser every morning but reports say he does it himself with maybe his kids helping. his baldness is really symbolic of his whole campaign

>Southern states that have a white majority, but are filled with gibmedat dindus vote for the law and order Republican party.

And?

here is ur dubs

What are you gonna do in November besides freeze?

>1 post by this ID

>and a Turkroach

If Trump wouldn't have been so loud and obnoxious he wouldve won. if Romney or Mccain wouldve faced off against Hillary, they would have won by a land slide.

>no idea what he is doing or how to be president.

Given the past couple decades, I'd say that's true for anyone who did get elected president.

Use Sup Forums's salty tears to keep my pavement frost free.

Yeah, both of those guys demonstrated they were so great and inspiring and able to win presidential elec...oh wait.

So you actually can't find a place where mestizos vote for the free market?
Huh, really made me think
Mexico's communist party held onto the presidency for 70+ years.

It's over for Republicans when whites drop below 50%(it might be over now)

We know.

>1948
There won't be a Republican president ever again.
>1964
There won't be a Republican president ever again.
>1988
There won't be a Democrat president ever again.

>counting only 1969.. Alright lets go back down to 1960 to 1990

Nice round numbers

DKennedy+Johnston Democrats
1960-1969
9 years
RNixon+Ford
1969- 1977
8 years
DCarter 77-81
4 years
R Regan +Beginning of bush
81-90
9 years

Seems pretty even all in all user. Guess you like to skewer the numbers.

There's lots of other problems in your claims and frankly I'm too lazy to refute them right now.

Compare the voting patterns by demographics and tell me that the republicans, being known as the party of the free market, are ever going to win when whites aren't the majority

>Mexico's communist party held onto the presidency for 70+ years
Wut. They don't have a communist party. Back in the 60s-70s, the Mexican army used to arrest commie students and take them out to the desert where they'd disappear. The US would never in a million years have allowed a communist regime to appear on our border.

>JFK
>President in 60

What "mistake" did I make when I said the GOP controlled the White House 19 of the 23 years from 1969 to 1992.

Tell me about a state that is Republican run that is doing well. For the most part republican policies are cancerous.

That won't happen though because Mexico's birthrate is sinking and there won't be any surplus population to export here soon.

I'm pretty sure the sinkholes known as Michigan, California, and New Jersey are not controlled by Republicans.

I listen to podcasts too user

Texas.

I counted JFK and Jonston, Bush and Regan, ect. JFK was elected in November of 1960.

Right, the industrial revolution party is basically a Milton Friedman fan club party .
They were de facto communist. Not Soviet communist, but very hard left

or they don't care about a bunch of moderates and don't go voting because none of the parties stands for what they believe in

>ignoring economic science
Trump is trying to out-manuever Hillary from the left on the economy now, and Republicans are eating it up. So-called conservatives have no idea what they support, other than that they hate minorities and love celebrity personalities.

The sad thing is that good people like Mitt Romney actually thought that "conservative principles" was the foundation of the Republican Party when it was really just identity politics.