Was the Ratchet and Clank movie really that bad?

Was the Ratchet and Clank movie really that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2QgZxlPGptw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hell fucking yes, it was.

I could go on all day about it, but to keep it short, it "loosely" followed the story of the first game, except for removing any and all actual depth from Ratchet's character by turning him into a pseudo-Judy Hopps knock-off, as well as keeping the two titular characters separate from each other for long periods of time over the course of the story, therefore not allowing any time to get to develop Ratchet and Clank's relationship.

Plus, it showed the visible destruction of a planet, the whole thing exploding...and then moments later saying EVERYBODY EVACUATED, AND NOBODY WAS ACTUALLY KILLED IN THE EXPLOSION, THEREBY REMOVING ANY REAL PUNCH FROM THE ACT AND RENDERING IT ALMOST COMPLETELY POINTLESS.

Only bright sides I can see from the thing is actually getting some of the game's VOs back to actually reprise the roles, and the tie-in remake of the first game.

The game was pretty sick. It has it's problems but because of the gameplay improvements it's about as good as the original.

I'm gonna KILL Praxis

Wrong series, user

I thought it was a good retelling, but I am a militant R&C fan and I wrote off any bad points as executives meddling to make the movie accessible to non-fans.

Is the PS4 game technically a movie tie-in game?

>Was the Ratchet and Clank movie really that bad?

Yeah, pretty much. Bad writing, and R&C actually don't spend much time together.

This was the only good thing about R&C.

youtube.com/watch?v=2QgZxlPGptw

What was even the point? You don't play R&C for the cutscenes, you play it for fun gameplay and funny, light cutscenes/story.

It was a remake of the first game with less levels and content.

>Is the PS4 game technically a movie tie-in game?
Technically the movie is a tie-in to the game. I watched a lets play of it and the gameplay looks fantastic. All of the parts where it ties into the movie are lackluster and don't exactly make a whole lot of sense.

no, I liked it

Haha, fuck no.

The only funny thing about the movie is how triggered Sony fans got when reviews came out and they thought movie reviewers were shitting on the game instead.

>light cutscenes/story.
Oh lord, you haven't played anything since Up Your Arsenal, have you? Insomniac started going full retard and dumping mountains of plot because they got bored. The remake is incapable of shutting up at some points because of their shift in storytelling.

Yes and no. It's got some good visuals in some places, and the characters from the games are all pretty entertaining (especially since their VAs returned instead of being replaced with Hollywood faggots), while the movie only characters are bland as shit (even if the tech girl had a great ass). The story isn't bad on paper, it's just SAFE, nothing is truly at stake, and nobody really goes through a change except for Qwark, and his change is too easily brushed aside in the movie version while the game at least implies a stronger sense of regret he has for what he did.

>by turning him into a pseudo-Judy Hopps knock-off

He wasn't anything like a character from a movie made after the film was long into development. With that said, yea, they really dropped the ball on nu-Ratchet. While his desire to be a hero wasn't a bad idea (given it made more sense given he had idolized Gwark in the original games as well), it was more that they missed the opportunity to have him BECOME a hero from the events of the story. They clearly had him being too idealistic about what it means to be a hero, which could have lent itself to him becoming almost like Qwark (arrogant and uncaring of actually doing good) before realizing what it really takes to be a hero.

Though let's be honest, Clank is the one who needed character period. It wasn't until the Future series that he even got something of a character beyond the smart aleck sidekick who was always the voice of reason. Hell, original game all he did was just say "We have to stop Drek. No, stop playing with that hoverboard. No, stop wanting revenge on your former hero. Goddamn, you fucking svelte-Garfield looking motherfucker just fucking help me stop the mutant pear from ripping up more planets!"

Pretty much this. I enjoyed the parts with the game characters enough. The scene with Nefarious Vs. Qwark was cool. The new characters were kinda bland, yeah.

Really enjoyed the game, but kinda burnt out on it after playing through it 4 times.

>You called the King of the Nerdlingers!
>It was a term of endearment!

The fight with Qwark was pretty good too. It actually showed that when he's focused, Gwark can be fucking dangerous. Shame he just gives up so easily.

Just hope Rainmaker does well with the new Reboot show. Would hate to think they've lost their touch for fun characters.

ASS
FOR
DAYS

>Goddamn, you fucking svelte-Garfield looking motherfucker

Yes, but that's a good thing. Its failure will hopefully remind Sony that not ALL their games need to be movies, and we can actually get some gameplay-over-presentation shit from them like in the PS2 days.

I thought it was good. If you like the games, you'll like it.