The Great San Diego Comicon Storytime Weekend of Pain 2016!

Continuing Bomb Queen part 3

Almost at the end, the pain train is about to finish.

U.S. US War Marchine 2.0
here:

Bomb Queen parts 1 & 2
Previously in the Weekend of Pain 2016:
Amazons Attack!
Trouble
Marville
Diesel
Matt Fraction's X-Men
Sam Humphries' X-Force
Sonichu
Bleedman's Powerpuff Girls
Mystery Storytime of Pain
Spiderman - Sins Past
Warrior
Ultimate End
Ultimates 3
Ultimatum
San Humphries' Ultimates
Knuckles the Echidna
Rape of Ms. Marvel
Fight Club 2
JLA - Created Equal & JLA - Act of God
Justice League - Cry for Justice
Batman - Death of the Family
Superman/Wonder Woman - Whom Gods Destroy
Fearless
Unfunnies
Our Love Is Real
The Big Lie
Civil War/Frontlines
All-New Ultimates
Nemesis
Wanted
Ultimates Cataclysm
Girls
Liberality for All
X-men Pheonix

That old lady was decapitated in the last issue though.

You know, I think this is going to be the worst out of what wasn't done last year.

ya it's pretty bad

I'm enjoying it :^) but then again I'm not a big comics fan and I'm feeling especially nihilistic at the moment

jesus fucking christ

If I could pontificate for a bit, Bomb Queen isn't like other stories being posted this weekend.

Other stories, like One More Day, or Hellcat, or Justice League: Created Equal, or Diesel, are inherently flawed. If those comics are houses, they'd have a cracked foundation, they're completely un-salvageable. Bomb Queen is a bit different, I think it has a legitimately interesting premise and some characters that could have some great interactions, but they fumble the execution so horribly it totally backfires. There's real attempts to deliver a biting satirical comedy, but while they hit the right notes in terms of subject and (sometimes) characters, any jokes they make often aren't funny, or if they are funny, they're milked to the point of annoyance. The over-the-top sex and gore would be welcome in a comic that had nailed the brand of satire they're going for, but in Bomb Queen it happens so often that it becomes tiresome. Oh look the main character cut someone in half. Oh look she's sticking a broom handle up a girl's ass. The visuals are just there for shock value or to appeal to some weird fetish, and eventually it just gets boring because you know they're going to show more sex and gore.

It doesn't help that the titular character can barely carry a storyline by herself. I think this arc, The Divine Comedy, shows this fact very well. The Queen needs someone to play off of, and a town like Littleville is perfect for that, and so is their hero. The problem is that it's apparent from minute one what the twist about the serial killer is, and they handle the conclusion of this arc very poorly. Why explain Littleville? Why make the hero the "real villain" instead of just a nemesis for the Queen? It'd be better for the satire angle if they played into the tropes and let the hero beat the villain, and force the Queen to actually find the serial killer, but the shitty "twist" ruins that.

Bomb Queen could be a good comic, but the writer fucks up a lot in the execution

i think my favorite might be that censor girl

i totally agree