Iron Man

Man, FUCK this suit.

Post your least favorite and/or favorite Iron Man/War Machine etc. suits.

I suppose any villain suits are fair game as well.

Why does everyone hate this suit?

This might actually be my favorite, at least from more contemporary times.

They're salty about Bendis

I didn't know it was Bendis. First time I saw it was in Avengers or the Illuminati one.

I'm catching up after about 3-4 years.

That made me look like an idiot.

I know it isn't Bendis that drew it. I just dislike it immeasurably.

It's the face.

cartoon brainwashing has left me with a penchant for the modular armor.

>I didn't know it was Bendis.

That's Tony's Guardians of the Galaxy suit

Scarlet Centurion was dope.

Still the best.

People love this armor for whatever reason.

I was a big fan of the suit in the 70's and 80's. With the power discs on the hips and the roller skates.

Why? That suit is cool as fuck.

Same OP. It looks like shit and the stupid tubes on his back were dumb as fuck,

Because it's bitchin'.

best armor coming through

No

didn't see that toy store shelves I see

No joke, this suit is pretty fucking good.

I haven't read any old Iron man except for the demon in a bottle story line. Do they say why his limbs have like a molded t2 kind of design? How is that clearly solid metal, flexible?

The art for MvC2 is so fucking good

It's a mesh made rigid by forcefields. I'm sure the actual explanation is more complicated, but that's the basics.

I like Extremis.

Was that Cap's suit from Civil War?

This still remains my favorite of his armors, and is the one he had the longest. When I think "Iron Man", I tend to think of this suit first before anything else.

My second favorite is probably the original grey armor. Nothing says "Iron Man" than a tin can suit.

pretty sure its his AoU one, but not 100% on that

Does it have an analogue in print cause I like it a lot?

dont know, I got it in a thread on here.

Too bad it was mostly drawn by land

mostly I just dislike any suit where his eyes re visible through the holes.

I've got a soft spot for this Elfkiller armor

Just because I love the concept of an armor that's specifically designed to be an anti-magic nuke

Art of the time. usually went more solid colors and stylized.

Was this one the Fear itself one?

transistors, ain't gotta explain shit

Was this par tof that dumb arc where a bunch of heroes had to get Asgardian armors but then nothing happened?

either way I defiantly approve of an anti magic alt suit

It's ugly as fuck

No, that was part of Gillen's run. Malekith got his hands on one of Mandarin's rings. Was kinda cool. Still sad they dropped the plotline with multiple heirs to Mandarin.

I hate this suit, especially this helmet

Oh. Well, guess I'm gonna read Gillen's run then.

That looks pretty fucking boss.

No you're thinking of this Destroyer inspired Uru armor which was basically another Thorbuster that Stark made when he sacrificed his sobriety to Odin

That Elfkiller armor was from Gillen's run, Stark designed it specifically because of the effect cold iron has on certain types of magic, it counteracts Malekith's magic and fucks up the dark elves.

Bengus is my favorite video game artist next to Shinkiro

Gillen's run is strange as fuck. It has some good ideas, but also has Land as a penciller. It really started to turn good after Secret Origin of Tony Stark. I kinda liked new version of Arno.

What I didn't get is that in an arc about heirs to Mandarin, Temugin and Sasha Hammer weren't even mentioned.

Those two should have been out there collecting rings and competing like they were Pokemon

Everyone looks like George Clooney

Goddammit you ruined it for me

Came here just to post these, good work Sup Forumsmrades

did somebody say pokemon

It looks like a fucking Bionicle.

I havent seen this shit since i read it for the first time fuck its like a party from an mmo in its 7th expansion in their tier sets.

> cap in the background
why

I fucking love that caps an angry old man with a gun and a crossbow in the background like fuck you guys and your fancy gear.

I fucking loved the Superior Iron Man suit

It's based on symbiote biology so it's liquid metal and can shapeshift, there's a psychic interface, and it has an empathic bond with him and a rudimentary sentience to operate on its own.

I kind hope its the next sentient armor and becomes a supervillain

man that shit was awesome, post the giant version when he fought all his other armours

>Bendis not covering the fallout of Tony's superior actions
I dunno if this makes me relieved or pissed off

Ultimate Iron Man's first suit was really cool

Reminded me more of like Japanese mech looking armor design than an classic Iron Man style armor

>Back in my day we didn't need no fancy shmancy glowing weapons and there wasn't any of this Uru nonsense either! I got through the Battle of the Bulge with my Garand, this here Winchester, and the corpse of German soldier to keep me company. I called him Hansel.

If it was the classic red it'd be my favorite design wise. But the black doesn't mesh to me.

is this nigger wearing robot sandals?

What the fuck happened to classy, Walt Disney/Hugh Hefner/Bruce Wayne-style, moustache-only Tony Stark? Memester Tony is shit.

Yes. With steel wool socks.

modern culture has almost entirely killed the mustache unless your going for a cowboy old guy look, or Jonathan winters tier gay, or a teenager/southern hick

Fuck all aspects of Gillen's Iron Man run.

That was Benis's though

Wasn't that Tony's suit for when he went in to space and mucked around with the GotG a bit?

Yeah but I'm pretty sure it was designed by McNiven for Bendis' GOTG and Gillen was just forced to roll with it

I really love this one. Even if you don't know or care what it does, the coloring contrast is fantastic. It helped that Iron Man got a good number of appearances in this suit in other books.

Is that an action figure or a model.

Do want.

Yup, that was going to be my choice. I still remember the glorious butthurt folks had because it wasn't the regular red/gold armor. After that it was just a long line of boring armors until v1 was over.

THAT ARMOR. The one in the top left. I think it's called Neo-Classic? That's the one I love the most.

Just models at the moment, there might be a Legends figure, I'm not sure.

That's a-ok with me.

I dont remember but how powerful was that armor. I remember odin taking it afterwards cause its strong as fuck, but not sure

Odin only let Stark and those heroes have those uru weapons for the duration of Fear Itself to fight the Worthy, he took them back to be melted down when it was over.

They didn't really show that much power, all we know is that it gave everyone Tron lines and they were apparently able to fight the Worthy (who had basically kicked everyone's asses)

>Marvel canned Superior and put Bendis on it in hopes that he'd get more popular
>*crickets*

Marvel's beyond saving.

>he took them back to be melted down when it was over.
Christ, that was stupid as hell. Did they even make toys of those costumes?

When will he bring back the nose?

>op got triggered by a fucking suit thread

That version of U Iron Man's helmet was a bit wide for my tastes.

Is that a Sentinel?

What is recommended reading for Iron Man and War Machine?

They've always seemed like really cool characters to me that have never reached their full potential.

People hate futuristic sleek

You want Tony and Rhodey in one neat package? Start with Denny O'Neil's run.

The cool thing about this armor is that it took an entire tech support team to keep it running functionally