/who/ - Doctor Who General

I wonder what image ill pick for this general after i finish typing this - edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=exa0MOvWids
youtube.com/watch?v=U0t7ODPDVkU
youtube.com/watch?v=bAKHb0JImNo
bigfinish.com/releases/v/unit---5-1531
youtube.com/watch?v=oEcij0ARkmU
youtube.com/watch?v=rcU9zIvi_iE
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/
youtu.be/3Zs5fEKhWVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=lS-TTSNF2Uc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wet clara edition!

clara was the best companion

Are you a hugging person?

yes

especially yes if it was jenna who i was hugging

NO NO I'M AGAINST THE HUGGING

It depends on who it is. I haven't worked out my criteria, but I'm okay with hugging some total strangers and against hugging some friends.

12 is the most complex doctor. he has development every series. once most doctors get going that's how their written the rest of the run but 12 has ton of character development.

If the new doctor is a woman, how are they going to fit her into capaldi's outfit that is not designed for breasts?

kek

Buttons'll go flying across the room.

hopefully erotically

what's so funny user? :(

She'll be flat.

I cuddle my friends

They could write him into any sort of costume change required beforehand. Something neutral like pyjamas that are slightly too big or along those lines.

>tfw they animate breasts growing on capaldi during the regeneration scene

that's creepy user

Favorite Doctor Who death?

This is mine, even though the story isn't good.

The kids must be traumatized after that. What happened with the companions?

youtube.com/watch?v=exa0MOvWids

I honestly expected him to scream like a schoolgirl and the video to stop mid-scream

>hey I just saw Raiders of the Lost Ark and thought it'd be cool to copy it

Gee I wonder what movie came out just before this.

Dragonfire was in 87, and Raiders came out in 81, but you're still right.

Alright so series 11 stuff is starting to happen at the Beeb

13 has been cast (of course by this point) no clue who it is but they ain't really famous, mostly done stage work and such. Likely won't be a TV reveal like with 12.

Some drafts of episode 1 are floating about for the set designs/costume designs. Episode was originally called 'Hotel Paradiso' but Chibbers changed it to 'Death in Paradiso' to poke fun at the Kris rumours. From what designs I have seen, it's a future looking resort. Seems in post regeneration haze the Doctor decides to 'go on vacation' to this resort and shenanigans unfold. New companion not yet cast.

I'd unironically enjoy that.

>no tv reveal

boo

Nice fanfiction, but here's a (You)

The Leisure Hivo?

give me ONE reason to get hype for series 11

it wont have bill

kek

memes?

The return of Nardole

youtube.com/watch?v=U0t7ODPDVkU

At least it'll be different.

We get a new intro/theme tune after 3 years of the mediocre Capaldi ones.

dubs

no more shit capaldi

Is Murray Gold leaving as well?

I hope not
But it is likely

Yes.

why is it likely?

Jesus when does the announcement happen?

He has to die of old age at some point

August.

youtube.com/watch?v=bAKHb0JImNo

How do we know it's August?

Fuckers are cutting it close

Bet it leaks well before they want it revealed

Fuck knows, we're just days away from if not already broken the record. My personal guess now is August 6th considering that Capaldi was announced on the first Sunday of August 2013. If we don't see Marshall confirmed then... fuck it, see you at Christmas.

If Moffat wants to be a sneaky boi and hold out till Christmas, it will just leak in September and we will only have blurry .jpgs of 13 for 3 months.

Daleks and Sontarans to appear in the next non-canon UNIT ear boxset.

bigfinish.com/releases/v/unit---5-1531

>If Moffat wants to be a sneaky boi and hold out till Christmas
Implying the announcement is anything to do with Moffat.

Its being announced next week on tuesday.

It'll probably be characterkino with a plot that makes sense and no SJW bullshit shoehorned in

If murray is leaving i think thats sadder than moffat or capaldi leaving. His music has been so iconic and essential to the show that I dont know how i could continue watching it wouth it honestly

>chibnall
>character kino

Kek.

Which series had the best OST and why was it 3
youtube.com/watch?v=oEcij0ARkmU

CC wrote Brian, just about the only believable character in Moffat's era.

>it's an Andrew Smith Sontaran story
How many has he done?

Would you ever write a Briggs Finish audio story?

Kek

fuck off

Is this the stupidest action scene in Capaldi's era? youtube.com/watch?v=rcU9zIvi_iE

It's the coolest

No Moffat. That should be enough reason

>stupidest
Fuck off. It's a family show, that scene is GOAT.

absolute kek

It's fucking stupid

but i like moffat

t t t t t t r i g g e r e d

go and watch him shit all over Dracula next then instead

NO YOU HAVE TO HATE HIM

Not as a showrunner. He can make good comedy and interesting sci-fi stuff. He should do Red Dwarf or something instead

>He should do Red Dwarf or something instead
hell fucking no

That whole episode was a travesty. I like to pretend it didn't happen.

desu. I haven't watched more than some minutes of that show, and I really disliked it. But it is comedy in space so I thought...

Name 1(1) comedy that Moffat wrote that was good

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, 12/Bill “I'm a lesbian” Potts) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
And free scenario prompts:
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.)

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged.

That relationship thing. It was fun. till the funny character left.

>Hypothetical scenario: Eccleston stayed for Series 2 - how different the writing/stories would be, and how it would impact the show afterwards?

I just assume that Nine would get Ten's companions, Ten would get Eleven's, and we'd get Paul McGann in the 50th Anniversary proper and not just his regeneration.

>The kids must be traumatized after that.
Welcome to Dr Who in the 1970s/80s.

No we still wouldn't get mcgann, Hurt was quite literally a replacement of 9 considering up until that point we thought 9 fought in the time war.

Hotel Paradiso?

1 had way more development.

Asian companion

I bet you'd like a Hispanic Doctor too.

yuck

A wild Orford appears. Doesn't he look good. I hear he can satisfy you in and out of the bedroom

>tfw no trackie-slag

life is suffering

youtu.be/3Zs5fEKhWVQ

youtube.com/watch?v=lS-TTSNF2Uc

>pie an apple
They don't make this shit how they used to.

HOT CAPALDO