So apparently, based on reviews (like Devin Faraci's)...

So apparently, based on reviews (like Devin Faraci's), the message that Sausage Party is trying to get across is that it "posits a world where the gods are horrors, creation is inherently unfair and shitty, and the fact that we suppress our own sensual instincts because of religion keeps us in endless misery." Am I alone in thinking that that moral is absolute BS?

No

>/Thread

Now, go away

Well if you're an atheist, like Seth Rogen is, then it's a perfectly fine moral.

I'm not an atheist. DEUS VULT.

please no

go back to obsess over the food orgy

Well, the idea of evil Gods requires the belief in Gods to begin with, so it's kind of a silly message and doesn't fit a "religion sucks" worldview.

But it's true that life isn't fair and religion imposes a lot of unnecessary repression.

>Seth Rogen will be promoted to kino level for doing the "First Adult Animated Movie"

We need to set Hollywood on fire

CLEAM EVERYTHING

did you read the script?

Yes, I (unfortunately) did.

And really, this film's message is basically saying that "life's meaningless, so just do whatever the heck you want". Which doesn't exactly seem very moral.

It is true tho

Seth don't you have have some jokes about weed to be writing

I don't really see what's wrong with that statement.

Pretty sure preaching some kind of lesson is the last thing this movie is trying to do anyway. 13-year-olds and stoners are going to flood into the theaters to watch cartoon grocery store items say "fuck" and get killed, they're not going to remember or care about any moral this movie has to offer.

It's a terrible moral, but I suppose Seth has to pay the devil his due for giving him a career.

"Life is meaningless, embrace hedonism" is the last message this rotten world needs to hear.

>Which doesn't exactly seem very moral.
What are you, a fucking Mormon?

>Seth Rogen will be promoted to kino level for doing the "First Adult Animated Movie"
ralph bakshi

Hey, I'm all for freedom and the like, but one shouldn't just do whatever the heck they like just because the world is apparently meaningless.

This just seems like the movies is making an excuse to show the food orgy. And suggests that orgies are indeed what one should indulge in since the world has no meaning.

You know, this kind of thinking becoming prevalent is one of the things that happens when a large empire society is at the brink of losing control and imploding, reverting to groups of chaotic smaller societies that are comparatively barbaric and brutal, until one of them gets their shit together, conquers everyone else, and starts the cycle over again.

Then again, it's not like americans haven't been critiqued for being hedonistic since at least the 60's. And it may just be the remnants of very recent millenial ennui and cynicism that's common near the end of a decade. Though I don't remember as much outright nihilistic and destructive media being as popular in the 90s compared to now.

Then again, the other sign of an empire imploding is a lot of unchecked immigration. Especially from particularly brutal and backwards cultures that would make life miserable for other people for a couple of hundred years. And that's kind of what's happening too.

And the third is a lot of hierarchy positions of power cannibalizing themselves to the detriment of the population. Especially with coups and in more recent history the hiding of information.

A lot of people are arguing about wether this movie will mean more r rated animated movies will come along if it's successful. But honestly, if it's successful, it may be a sign thst soon there won't be movies at all for a very long time.

Just stay safe, Sup Forums.

>one shouldn't just do whatever the heck they like just because the world is apparently meaningless.
Unless you're hurting somebody else, why not? Life's short, live it how you want.

>This just seems like the movies is making an excuse to show the food orgy. And suggests that orgies are indeed what one should indulge in since the world has no meaning
Orgies look like they could be pretty fun, unless there's a lot of old crusty men involved.

>suggests that orgies are indeed what one should indulge in since the world has no meaning.
sounds like you're just mad that you never got invented to group sex

I'm an athiest and I call bullshit on that. Regardless of the religion a lot of church and temple organizations across history have done shit like fund scientific research, provide succor to those in need, and fun public works. There's plenty of corruption in just about every example of organized religion and I personally think every religion out there is pure bunkum but to just flat out state 'all religions are bullshit and have no redeeming values' doesn't give an ounce of credit to them.

I think they're kind of antiquated personally but whatever. 'Restraint' is not an old fashioned social value. It's a sensible approach to existence.

*invited

I feel like in fifty years when this movie is forgotten, someone will rediscover it and it'll basically be an equivalent of a creepypasta come to life.

Devin "Pacific Rim will be the next Star Wars" Faraci

It annoys me that this kind of moral would probably appeal to lots of people Im friends with.
I'm reminded of a moment in Porterhouse Blue where a working class conservatives character makes an impassioned speech where he complains that 'people today seem to thing they should be allowed to do what they want'

#ChristianMemes #lol

You're right paniced conservative man! Seth Rogan has indeed crashed society as gate foretold and now no more movies because a hotdog had an orgy in a joke moral movie. Neato!

>suppress our own sensual instincts because of religion keeps us in endless misery

But sense restraint is the key to liberation

Anyone who thinks that suppressing baser desires is just religious folks trying to keep them down and miserable is a retarded faggot making excuses for themselves. Hedonists are the most degenerate types of people. They put their desires above the needs of everyone else. It's people like them that contributed to the downfall of Rome. Ironically, the ones who advocate it would be the eunuchs in that kind of society.

What does your average Sup Forums user actually enjoy which doesn't make them start muttering angrily about political issues?

well sexual repression is bad is a fine moral

if you trim the moral down to sexual repression is bad its a very good moral

as is it just seems like trying to hard to be deeo

*hard to be deep

>"and the fact that we suppress our own sensual instincts because of religion keeps us in endless misery"

but doesn't the movie show the complete opposite? Isn't one of the messages that it's better to live a lie instead of living your short life in constant panic when you can't escape your cruel death anyway?

But then fucking bullshit happens and the ending is fucking retarded, all the food products will just rot away at some point.

Fuck off, nihilism is absolute cancer.

who
fucking
cares
a
r
e
s

>but one shouldn't just do whatever the heck they like just because the world is apparently meaningless

Why not? The people with all the wealth and power do whatever they want 24/7. They count on everyone beneath them doing what they are told to do.

I'm a liberal history buff. Why did you asume I'm conservative?

Isn't it a little fucked up that stating how similar our situation is to other past decadent cultures is just conservative reactionism? Is stating the fucking truth just considered right wing insanity?

You must be a classical liberal. Modern liberalism is all about safe spaces and being anti-white and anti-west and sacred privilege totems.

After reading the script for this, I can say without a doubt that whatever moral this film has will probably take the backseat to the fact that this film appears to an hour+ long dick joke.
And no, I'm not exaggerating.

Return to the white, user.

That 'moral' is a decade behind, and isn't even very nuanced to begin with.

DUDE

WEED

LMAO

>heck
yep he's mormon

I just don't get all this shit sometimes. Both atheists and religious people can never prove their point, but yet still argue all the time.
-God doesent exist!
-He does!
-How can you prove that?
-I can't, but he does, we got a shitton of all these old writings who say that God is real! How can you prove that they are lying?
-I can't, but they just sound stupid! How can you prove that they are legit?
-I can't, they just are! Prove to me that they aren't true! You can't, that means they can be trusted!
See what I mean? Why can't people stop thinking about stuff they weren't supposed to think about in the first place and just enjoy their lives?

>first adult animated move

Well, seeing as John Boyega is going to be the main character in the sequel...

>kino

fuck off Sup Forums

The quotes imply that he understands it's not the first animated adult movie, but mainstream audiences will think it is.

I still disagree with him though. Anybody who actually thinks this is the first adult animation would have to unbelievably ignorant. Even my parents know about stuff like Fritz the Cat and Triplets of Belleville.

Because if you repeat something enough, it'll sound true weather it is or isn't.

whether*

You have to understand that we, as a race of people, love to argue. Give us a line and we'll fight over it. It helps us vent. Us vs. them.

See:
>The current presidential election
>Civil War II
>Instinct vs. Mystic vs. Valor Candela is best
>Nick vs. Cartoon Network
>Coke vs. Pepsi
>Batman vs. Superman
>Callie vs. Marie
>Bounce House vs. Hoppy Castle
>Skub

>music by Alan Menken
>the guy who's responsible for classic song from Disney's renaissance
how the fuck did this people convince him to compose for this movie?

It's entry level nihilism bait, and honestly the atheism and religious aspects of it are just there to serve it.

It's anti-philosophy. It's disregarding sense, thought, or any semblance of giving a shit because "eh who cares". It's basically edgy stoner "philosophy" in an edgy stoner film.

>creation is inherently unfair and shitty,

the existence of this film proves this, as will it's inevitable success

And he thinks it's a good way to show that through a food orgy?

Also doesn't help that there were plenty of religions that encouraged sexual excess as part of their belief.

Money

Sure, that could be the moral.

But who gives a fuck when you got a movie about food trying to say as many cusswords as possible to entertain the 15 year-olds that snuck into the movie?

Isn't it a little fucked up that you've never heard of confirmation bias.

It's called stoicism and it predates Chrstianity by hundreds of years.

Abrahamic beliefs were a mistake. Valor and virtue musnt never be granted by faith only, rather, faith must be a product of virtue which germinates enlightment in man.

WHY THE FUCK DID THOSE HAVE TO DIE OUT?

Isn't it the first CGI-animated full-length movie, though?

nope. that would be Ronal the Barbarian.

Replace God with flying invisible elephants, and nothing changes.

I read about this in a book years ago, but I forget the name of the book. Maybe it was "Death of an Empire"?

>Then again, the other sign of an empire imploding is a lot of unchecked immigration. Especially from particularly brutal and backwards cultures that would make life miserable for other people for a couple of hundred years. And that's kind of what's happening too.
Why are we allowing that if we know that this is what happens when an empire iss on the verge of collapse?

What was considered liberal yesterday is actually conservative today. People who call themselves "classical liberals," like Sargon of Akkad, are just trying to hide their power level.

The moral is that it would be totally wacky if food said profanities and smoked weed LMAO!

I don't think that even got a rating. This one got rated R by the MPAA.

>People paying attention to history classes
>History teachers actually teaching about history and not PC-revisionism
I dunno about usa, but we are pretty fucked here.

This, is like saying a movie is deep just because it sneaked christian imagery

>creation is inherently unfair and shitty
Well yeah, we arent all born with the tools to have a successful normie life, just look at actual retarded children, i had a cousin that was born with a terrible handicap that required him to be on heavy drugs which everyone knew would kill him in his 20's, I myself have MS, creation IS inherently unfair.

You could argue that you get paid back by god in heaven for shit like that, but that feels a little bit like wishful thinking.

>and the fact that we suppress our own sensual instincts because of religion keeps us in endless misery.

This is absolute bullshit, since when did human beings repress sexuality? Society encourages everyone to be filthy sluts, kids are getting pregnant at alarming rates, we have the gay and trans movement gaining ground even now...

the only steps we havent taken is embracing pedophilla and bestiality.
>life's meaningless, so just do whatever the heck you want
>Fuck off, nihilism is absolute cancer.

When you choose to live without religion, nihilism is the first step to choosing your own path in life. Life is "meaningless" but id say the meaning of life is self-defined.

Theres nothing inherently wrong with being a nihilist or a hedonist, this doesn't automatically enable people to murder and rape without remorse, and live a sleazy life. You still have a conscious and personal morals without religion telling you whats okay and whats not. The difference the nihilist gets to choose his future and moral code as his personality and worldview dictates, not based on what some old jews thought would be good guidelines thousands of years ago.

I believe in god, but i also believe i could be wrong, i believe nihilism is an important step to freeing yourself philosophically, allowing you to choose your own path regardless of indoctrination or social pressure. Even if you go back to christian values, you can make it your own.

Cute.

Thanks for that (you) friend.

we aren't despite the terrified bleating of some conservatives. Neither are the european nations. Arguably we aren't doing a good enough job of handling the refugee crises since the current Mess'o'Potamia falls directly in the lap of bush jr and whatever warhawks were buying him hookers and cocaine while he pretended to be a serious president.

You can make arguments for more stringient immigrations or greater relief measures on the part of any nation in the world but immigration is hardly 'unchecked' and the only people who are claiming otherwise want to use panic to sell something to the masses.

It's nicer to think that the reason creation is unfair is due to random chance rather than because a sentient 'moral' and all-powerful being just allowed it to happen because...

I agree with you in general though. I don't understand why Nihilism is seen as a bad thing, when it's literally nothing.

I think that would go to 'How This All Happened' released two months ago.

That too.

why not just throw that cousin into the trashcan immediately, I will never understand why you should raise children that never will have a nomal life