Recent purchases /shelf thread

Haven't seen a recent purchases thread in a while.

I got these on Friday. Mostly blind buys, hoping to find a few new series worth sticking with.

Off to a good start - will definitely stick with Paper Girls once more is released in TPB, and will be picking up vol 2 of Ms Marvel and Gotham Academy today. LOVED Gotham Academy in particular.

Didn't think as much of Batgirl. It was okay, but not going to rush out to buy more of it. Really nice art, though.

Biggest surprise so far was the Superman book, which wasn't anything like as amazing as I remembered. Still good, and inclusion of a Swamp Thing crossover by Moore that I didn't know existed was nice.

I really dug Monstress,the art is great.

Bump

u did good

Mostly been reading through the stuff that has so far accumulated this year over buying new stuff at the moment outside the dwindling pull list.

I left my camera at my cousin's place in Singapore. The selection at Kinokuniya is fucking murder on the wallet.

Conan: The God in the Bowl
Conan: The Halls of the Dead
The Rocketeer/The Spirit: Pulp Friction
Grendel vs The Shadow
Hellboy: Weird Tales

How are the Conan books? I read a big omnibus of the original stories a few years back but have never looked at the comics.

im really sad, was hoping for some b.p.r.d or abe omnibus reveal at comicon

Went back to books a million, I wish they weren't stuck selling stuff for sticker price but I guess that's what happens when you go near retail )as far as older stuff, I mean)

Personally, I love them. Neat, crunchy, and all tied together for sword-and-sorcery goodness.

So, is this an alternate version of the paperback or what?

Few months old but recent for my pleb budget. It just seemed too cool to not get. Iron Knight Returns but drawn on a clunk ass old 80s Macintosh.

I need to know what the spine looks like so my autism can trigger in advance if they fucked up like I'm expecting them to.

Oh, that's volume 1. Never mind

the thing is i didnt know volume 1 had 2 covers

So I did pick them up.

Also ordered Lumberjanes vol 1. There's a Gotham Academy crossover, and that's enough for me to take a punt on it.

The Zelda manga I bought because I have most of them, and I like them all, but I bought Bird Boy blind solely of how fucking gorgeous it was, and it was a great read too.
Found out later that it's an ongoing webcomic but I'll definitely buy the rest of the volumes when they release.

bump

New bookshelf acquired - new pics incoming soon.

have they talked about hell on earth hardcovers yet, I was expecting them to at SDCC

I assume they will just continue the Library line for them.

Oh dear lord I hope they reprint at least a few of the PoF hardcovers too. Stupid incomplete collection...

they're in paperback now

I know, but I bought 1 and 2 (and '44-'48) in hardcover when they were £15, then by the time my next paycheck went in to get the others.... £75+ each.

Everything in HC except those two would bug the ever-loving hell out of me.

Hey guys, never really posted here before but I went to a garage sale today and got a big stack of comics. They all look pretty old, thought I might share some if there's any interest.

There's alot of Gold Key stuff from the 70's. Lots of early Archie and some random DC and marvel stuff.

This month's haul! Not a huuuge action figure guy but I just had to have Ultimate Peter! Guardians of the Galaxy by DnA Omni is in the mail, and Hellboy Library Edition Vol. 2 is next on my list!

A bunch of Batman omnibuses just popped up on Amazon for preorder

Most recent. Luther's last issue was a let down. I wasn't expecting Cain to be killed in just one issue. Too much build up for such a small payout. I mean Jack the Ripper got more screentime than Cain.

Bump

Just picked up my hardcover copy of Kingdom Come.

>Deadly Class HC
Mein Neger
I just spent the past few hours reading through the whole thing.

Only other new purchase for the month was the SHIELD complete collection omnibus. I'll be taking my time with that, and enjoy it through the rest of the week. It'll be a nice pre-bedtime treat for my last week of work.

August Purchases:
Suicide Squad Silver Age HC
War That Time Forgot
Hellsing 1-3, maybe

>Floppies
inb4 HL post about how floppies are ""superior""
>reddit and normie
>going to retail at all
>lumberjanes
>webcomic

>Suicide Squad Silver Age HC
Is that any good?

Should I buy The Goon libraries or Love and Rockets libraries next

Love and Rockets library is cheaper and better.

>cheaper
there's a lot more Love and Rockets books than Goon books
>not buying them all at once

Love & Rockets.

I'm pretty sure this is all IST has, looks like some things are out of print

>tumblr

I just follow comics artists I like

You don't want that Locas vol. 2 hardcover. You want The Girl From Hoppers.

Jaime: Maggie the Mechanic, Girl From Hoppers, Perla la Loca, Penny Century, Esperanza
Gilbert: Heartbreak Soup, Human Diastrophism, Beyond Palomar, Luba and Her Family, Ofelia, Comics Dementia
Both+Mario: Amor y Cohetes

Then for the rest of Jaime you move onto the Love & Rockets New Stories stuff. For more Gilbert there'll be at least one more of these collections before getting to the New Stories stuff.

Got the new Southern Bastards trade

>Swamp Thing: The Bronze Age Omnibus
>Green Lantern: The Silver Age Omnibus Vol. 1
>Justice League of America: The Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1
>Absolute Wonder Woman by Brian Azzarello & Cliff Chiang Vol. 1
>Batman: Death & the Maidens Deluxe Edition

Some dope shit coming from DC soon

I'm just sitting here with my dick in my hand waiting for Absolute Batman Year One

That should look magnificent

I'll tell you after I've gotten it. I have hopes for it, though.

Here's what I got

Hellblazer Rebirth 1
Green Lanterns Rebirth 1
Gwenpool 4
Detective Comics 936
Batman Night of Owls

The funny thing is I only went in to get Hellblazer and Green Lanterns

>Swamp Thing: The Bronze Age Omnibus
Added to the wishlist.

Thus is what I picked up at SDCC this year

Hellboy in Hell is in hardcover?

At comicon it was. I belive they said it was a con exclusive but I'm not sure.

Looks cool,i need to get that new Southern Bastards trade,i really liked the first two.

Should be getting The Man Without Fear and Hellblazer 1 today.

>Superior Foes Omnibus

bedtime bump

Bumpo

>transmet
>animal man
good taste user

Combined the to pics to save you good folks some trouble.
>Deadly Class HC
>Alien Legion floppies, v1 v2 GN
>Monster by Alan Moore
>Section 8
>Twilight Children
>Flash by Morrison & Millar
>Elementals floppies, almost complete, save for a few specials
>Pre-DCYou Prez TPB
>iZomni

>floppies
Dude chill, it's one floppy. I'm actually a trade waiter, only got Black Hammer because I've been waiting for it for years and was really excited.

What's it like hating everything so you can look cool and unique on the internet?

It must be tiring!

iZombie is some goofy shit.

I quite liked it.

It was adorable

I don't have a pic of last week's pull list.

While I share you dislike for floppies, I would like to make a few things clear, I, as well as others I'm sure, maintain a pull list to support our local comic shops and to get a small discount at the shop. If not for these I would buy trades and omnis exclusively.

Bump

Newer shit
1/3

>RASL
I almost bought the colored, one-volume edition. Thank god I checked online to see how it looked, because BLECH.
These paperbacks are about the size of a Hellboy Library edition and in beautiful black and white, like it is supposed to be.

2/3

More Italian comics. I recently read Dylan Dog and greatly enjoyed it. This is about the same size as Dylan Dog as well.

3/3

oops, forgot to resize the previous images

Varied stuff by Hermann. Don't know what it is yet, but it was cheap.

My £300 refund from my energy company just came through and my office is right around the corner from a comic shop and my lunch break starts in 15 minutes and this is definitely a good idea.

This is a lucky man.

There was fuck all interesting there. I had a list of 3 or 4 things in mind and was going to browse on top of that, but they didn't have any of them.

So now I'm sat in the office ordering them on Amazon. Fuck you, Forbidden Planet.

So I ended up spending £130 across Gotham Central, Ms Marvel, Batman and Tank Girl books.

You get the Gotham Central omnibus?

Yeah. Not actually a fan of them, find smaller books more comfortable in the hand, but it was cheaper than buying separately.

Putting Born Again aside, is Miller's run on Daredevil worth getting?

Yep yep

Alrighty then, no further questions.

Just read that for the first time, I'm prolly gonna get a hardcover now and lend out the floppy.

Still need to make my purchase for this month, I'll probably do that tomorrow

Got the Supergirl omnibus due to the amazon error and really enjoyed it so figured I buy more supergirl

For the first time in quite a while, I've got a Sup Forums-related haul to brag about.

The missus and I went to B&N over the weekend to use some 20% off coupons we got during their Buy 2, Get 1 Free sale on DC titles. We got Batman: Arkham - Riddler, Batman Adventures v2, and Ostrander's Suicide Squad v2 for the sale titles and I stumbled upon a Golden Age Batman omnibus in their 50% off bin. With the coupons and our discount card, we only spent about $50 for the lot.

I also snagged The Life And Times Of Death's Head at our LCS last night, which somewhat made up for them misplacing like half the books in our pull file. They've somehow managed to misplace the Rebirth one-shots and #1s for Flash, Aquaman, Green Arrow, and Wonder Woman, three issues of Deadpool, and the last issue of Afterlife With Archie. I'm a bit miffed about it to be honest.

What are you guys reading?

>Top Ten, Dredd badge

Niiice

>obligatory Mignolashit, All-Star Superman

Ewww

>Monster by Alan Moore
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I love old horror comics and Moore's work for 2000AD was pretty cool. If you've not done so already, I highly recommend giving The Complete D.R. & Quinch a read.

I also need to pick up Prez and the iZomnibus someday.

p10 bump

>all dat Gon
Unf. If you've not read them yet, I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed the one volume I've read. I was laughing cover to cover.

There's a Gon series on Netflix presently, but it kind of ruins the feel by having all the animals talk.

Gotham Academy.

Just finished the second TPB, and then jumped on eBay to buy a job lot of the whole run since I can't wait until November for vol 3, and will pop in to my local store to subscribe to Second Semester tomorrow before it starts in September.

It might be the most fun I've ever had reading a comic. It's incredibly cheesy, but I love it so much. Maps is basically just Mako from KLK, but she's ace. Definitely a new favourite character.

Gotham Academy is my favorite ongoing, along with Archie. It's so fucking good, man. Maps a best

Got this because I really liked the book and movie, plus it's neat for my shelf.

Got this a few days ago

Current Shelf

Cool

Bump

Working my way through some Toriko presently, then I think I'll start on my Riddler collection.

These Batman: Arkham trades are prett cool if you want a sort of "greatest hits" collection for Bat-rogues. I'm eyeing Killer Croc's next and Amazon's taking pre-orders for Poison Ivy and Man-Bat. Definitely grabbing the Man-Bat one. I hope they'll do one for Scarface & Ventriloquist.

They really opted to not put a steranko cover?

There was a Steranko cover, but it was the variant and sold out pretty quickly.